Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #46
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!
 
danalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,402

I admit it was a dash n run kinda shopping tonight! its a "short" grocery week other than party food so not a lot of planning...

Tonight(Tuesday) we had left over Prime-Rib still yummy!
Wednesday- My son is going with his uncle to WWE Wrestling so the hubby and I are sneaking a date night in!! No cooking for me
Thursday- Taco Night!
Friday-Make your own Stromboli, we all like different things inside so tonight you get to pick your favorite and have your own!
Saturday- Smoked Turkey and lots of party sides! Salads, Potatoes, Dips Cheese Balls! Happy New Year!!
Sunday- Pork, Sauerkraut, Kielbasa, Hot Dogs, Mashed Potatos

Happy New Year
__________________
danalee/Blockhead Forever
1986 May ~Offsite (senior trip)
1994 July ~Dolphin (then boyfriend, now hubby)
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
danalee is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #47
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,983

Going to join this thread, I think it'll help me

Monday- Brats and tator tots
Tuesday- spaghetti, meatballs and garlic bread
Wednesday- ham, corn casserole, scalloped potatoes, mac&cheese, green bean casserole and rolls
Thursday- leftovers from Wed for those who want it, pizza for the others
Friday- grilled ham/cheese, fries, fruit
Saturday- unsure but usually snacky foods for NYE
Sunday- turkey and all the fixings
This was a fairly cheap grocery shopping week for me. DH's employer had given out Honey Baked Ham gift cards a few weeks ago. So that paid for the ham and turkey (well, most of it anyway).
__________________
Jamie

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #48
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi Everyone, Hope you all had a great Christmas (we did) I am here to get back on track and get the goodies out of the house and start eating heathier again Jan 1st! (WW Points plus but I can't afford the mtgs so I'll do it myself)
I'm with you on this one-doing wwpoints but not affording the meetings
I have finally figured out what I'm cooking from monday 2nd
M-chicken curry with rice
T-Irish stew
W-soup and spud
T-spag bolognese
F-fish and chips
S-ulster fry
S-roast gammon dinner

Now I just need to figure out what we're having between now and next monday lol
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #49
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran
 
tinkmom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I'm with you on this one-doing wwpoints but not affording the meetings
I have finally figured out what I'm cooking from monday 2nd
M-chicken curry with rice
T-Irish stew
W-soup and spud
T-spag bolognese
F-fish and chips
S-ulster fry
S-roast gammon dinner

Now I just need to figure out what we're having between now and next monday lol
Try www.aimeesadventures.com. There are a ton of free recipes on there. I make the meatloaf muffins all the time.

Lunches I like to make pita pocket pizzas. Take a whole wheat pita pocket half. Add a TBSP of pizza sauce and load it with all the veggies you want and a pinch of cheese. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. 2 PTS.

Also having Progresso soups on hand is a good go to. I portion out meals too and freeze them so I can just pull them out and make it for lunch.
__________________
5 times to WDW 3 DCL cruises Once on the Dream One DCL Cruise on the Way 3/29/15
Completed Disney Dream TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820800
CBR and WDW TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post43073148

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is online now  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #50
figment3258
DIS Veteran
 
figment3258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
Going to join this thread, I think it'll help me

Monday- Brats and tator tots
Tuesday- spaghetti, meatballs and garlic bread
Wednesday- ham, corn casserole, scalloped potatoes, mac&cheese, green bean casserole and rolls
Thursday- leftovers from Wed for those who want it, pizza for the others
Friday- grilled ham/cheese, fries, fruit
Saturday- unsure but usually snacky foods for NYE
Sunday- turkey and all the fixings
This was a fairly cheap grocery shopping week for me. DH's employer had given out Honey Baked Ham gift cards a few weeks ago. So that paid for the ham and turkey (well, most of it anyway).
Welcome aboard!
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DH ME DD11 Ali DD7 regan DD McKenna 2 CBR 2003 CBR 2004 BCR 2005 BCR 2007 CBR 2008 BCR 2009 BCR 2012 POR 2014!
figment3258 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #51
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,398

Thanks so much for this Will definitely check out that site. Funny I do a tortilla pizza much like your pitta one for 3pts and its really tasty! Will give your pitta one a go on friday(that way it will kind of feel like a takeaway treat and save on money too
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Try www.aimeesadventures.com. There are a ton of free recipes on there. I make the meatloaf muffins all the time.

Lunches I like to make pita pocket pizzas. Take a whole wheat pita pocket half. Add a TBSP of pizza sauce and load it with all the veggies you want and a pinch of cheese. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. 2 PTS.

Also having Progresso soups on hand is a good go to. I portion out meals too and freeze them so I can just pull them out and make it for lunch.
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #52
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 577

Tonight is the chicken primavera pasta, last night dh brought home some pre made crabcakes from walmart, so we had those with roasted broccoli & cauliflower & Amy's Mac & cheese. I'm glad I've been using up food from the freezers & pantry, tomorrow I'm taking dd12 to visit her cousin, 3 hours to the city but I'm taking a cooler & making a run to Trader Joe's! Is it strange that I get way more exxcited about that than shopping for clothes?
__________________
DHMeDD(14)DS(11)D D(8)KodaAnnie
lattemomof3 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #53
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,348

I just wanted to let everyone know that cooking dot com has two Le Creuset bakers on sale for $35.95

This is about half price. I really like this stoneware.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise

Last edited by dgbg100106; 12-28-2011 at 11:03 AM.
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #54
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran
 
tinkmom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,644

We just went to our Hispanic local grocery store and my DH got me a late Xmas present, a tamale steamer! Last year I used our turkey fryer basket and covered it with tin foil. This will save me some frustration and hopefully make the process quicker!
This is my blog from last year so you can see how I do it I will be posting more today.
http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.b...oupon-day.html
__________________
5 times to WDW 3 DCL cruises Once on the Dream One DCL Cruise on the Way 3/29/15
Completed Disney Dream TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820800
CBR and WDW TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post43073148

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is online now  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #55
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran
 
oopsiDAISY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,642

Mixing up this week's menu a bit.

Tonight:
Red Beans and Rice with Ground Venison
Roasted Corn
oopsiDAISY is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #56
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 380

I want to join!

I have followed the original thread since the beginning and I probably posted on it once or twice along the way, but mostly I just lurked. I'd like to get better with eating at home though, and save some money for our vacation this summer. We do fairly well eating at home, but not as well as I'd like.

The past two weeks have been really hard. I have pnemonia and really bad asthma along with it, so we've been eating very low fuss meals and a few take out meals. But mostly eating in. My kids and husband are all sick too, although not as bad, so no one has been up to preparing anything too fancy. We've been all about mac and cheese, canned soup, and quick homemade pizza. I'm finally starting to feel better though so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things.

Yesterday was Shepherds Pie.
Tonight will probably be ham chowder, with leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The rest of the week in no real order:
Tacos
Stir fry with pork loin and mixed veggies
Ham Chowder again (lots of ham in the freezer)
Spaghetti

I'll probably make some gluten free sweet corn muffins to go with the chowder both days (supposing I feel up to it). I'm planning next weeks menu too. I'm thinking lots of soups because it has been SO cold here in MI lately. Plus I love how easy it is to throw together in my crock pot for nights when the girls have gymnastics! I love walking in the door to find dinner waiting for me!

Thanks for the inspiration!
__________________
2004 - 1st trip with DD - offsite
Sept 2008 - First trip as a family of 4
Aug. 2009 - Saratoga Springs, 2010 off site
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
erinmomof2 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #57
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!
 
worm761's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 456.26 miles from the world!
Posts: 6,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
We just went to our Hispanic local grocery store and my DH got me a late Xmas present, a tamale steamer! Last year I used our turkey fryer basket and covered it with tin foil. This will save me some frustration and hopefully make the process quicker!
This is my blog from last year so you can see how I do it I will be posting more today.
http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.b...oupon-day.html
Thank you so much for this!!! I love tamales but can't find them made around here. Your recipe and directions are so easy looking. I am going to give it a try!
worm761 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #58
charming23
DIS Veteran
 
charming23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,249

Tonight I am going out to dinner and to the movies with my Aunt and Cousin, it is part of our Christmas gift.

Mom is going to have soup.
__________________
Me (Elizabeth) DM (Sue) Cleo Caly
Forget Edward Cullen, Adam Lambert Dazzles me.
charming23 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #59
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place
 
LilyWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,965

Tonight is Poor Man's Steak with Garlicky Gravy, Skinny Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Green Beans.
__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/



LilyWDW is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #60
figment3258
DIS Veteran
 
figment3258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmomof2 View Post
I have followed the original thread since the beginning and I probably posted on it once or twice along the way, but mostly I just lurked. I'd like to get better with eating at home though, and save some money for our vacation this summer. We do fairly well eating at home, but not as well as I'd like.

The past two weeks have been really hard. I have pnemonia and really bad asthma along with it, so we've been eating very low fuss meals and a few take out meals. But mostly eating in. My kids and husband are all sick too, although not as bad, so no one has been up to preparing anything too fancy. We've been all about mac and cheese, canned soup, and quick homemade pizza. I'm finally starting to feel better though so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things.

Yesterday was Shepherds Pie.
Tonight will probably be ham chowder, with leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The rest of the week in no real order:
Tacos
Stir fry with pork loin and mixed veggies
Ham Chowder again (lots of ham in the freezer)
Spaghetti

I'll probably make some gluten free sweet corn muffins to go with the chowder both days (supposing I feel up to it). I'm planning next weeks menu too. I'm thinking lots of soups because it has been SO cold here in MI lately. Plus I love
how easy it is to throw together in my crock pot for nights when the girls have gymnastics! I love walking in the door to find dinner waiting for me!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Welcome aboard! I hope you all feel better real soon!
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DH ME DD11 Ali DD7 regan DD McKenna 2 CBR 2003 CBR 2004 BCR 2005 BCR 2007 CBR 2008 BCR 2009 BCR 2012 POR 2014!
figment3258 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: