Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #556
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
My son is in his third week home from school w/ a concussion - and there will be a fourth week to follow - so our eating out spending is really down! Over the past week and a half we've bought two pizzas and a couple falafel sandwiches but that's it. It's easy not to go out when one of the family just can't manage it. My husband and I are switching off working from home to care for him so getting something on the table hasn't been as much of a challenge as typically for us.

Anyway, my sweet sis-in-law is bringing over a mac-n-cheese tonight, one of my son's favorites so we'll have that for dinner. Not sure about sides yet. Tonight I'll hit the grocery store after my daughter's basketball practice so we can have some good stuff over the next week or ten days, too.

Does anyone else use Stephanie O'Dea's crockpot books? I have the first one and have just borrowed the second from the library. So many excellent recipes! I'm basing tonight's shopping list on being able to use a few and see if the book is worth buying.
Oh my hope your son recovers soon.. it's lucky you can work from home and how nice of your sis in law to bring your son his fave dinner !

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #557
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNurse View Post
What is pizza casserole??? Sounds like something my kiddos would like...
Basically, it is pasta (I used Penne), sauce, browned hamburger all mixed together. Dump it in a casserole dish. Mix cottage cheese and mozz cheese together and put it on top of pasta mix. Top with pepperoni and bake it til it's bubbly. It was a hit with the family. You can add any pizza toppings you want to with it.

Dinner Tonight:

Sausage Pancakes (browned sausage IN the pancakes)
Scrambled Eggs
Strawberries with Homemade Whipped Cream
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #558
charming23
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having pot roast with mashed potatoes and salad.

I went grocery shopping this morning so the menu for the next week is

Thursday
Free pizza from Papa John's (I have a class as does my mom so it will be quick, and easy)

Friday
Crock pot potato and corn chowder

Saturday
My 27th birthday so we are using a buy one get one free coupon from carraba's to go out to dinner

Sunday
Spaghetti dinner at my Aunt's house to celebrate both mine and my Aunt's birthday

Monday
Pork souvlaki with cucumber sauce, rice pilaf, and glazed carrots

Tuesday
Lemon chicken cutlets with rice and veggies

Wednesday
Cheese steak sandwiches with sweet potato fries and fruit
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #559
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Tonight is going to be the Steak, Baked Parm Tomatoes, and Salad. I have to head out and meet a friend for class and the stuff would have to go in the crockpot at that time. So had to postpone that!

Also, I want to thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me after all that I have dealt with this past week.
hope things are going better, Lily.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #560
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
My son is in his third week home from school w/ a concussion - and there will be a fourth week to follow - so our eating out spending is really down! Over the past week and a half we've bought two pizzas and a couple falafel sandwiches but that's it. It's easy not to go out when one of the family just can't manage it. My husband and I are switching off working from home to care for him so getting something on the table hasn't been as much of a challenge as typically for us.

Anyway, my sweet sis-in-law is bringing over a mac-n-cheese tonight, one of my son's favorites so we'll have that for dinner. Not sure about sides yet. Tonight I'll hit the grocery store after my daughter's basketball practice so we can have some good stuff over the next week or ten days, too.

Does anyone else use Stephanie O'Dea's crockpot books? I have the first one and have just borrowed the second from the library. So many excellent recipes! I'm basing tonight's shopping list on being able to use a few and see if the book is worth buying.
Hope your son is feeling better soon, it's scary to have sick kiddos.

Tonight we have a menu change, dd's friend is coming over for dinner so she requested taco pizza, we'll have lettuce, tomato, etc & corn with it. Last night was chicken legs, baked potatoes & mini corn on the cob in the crock pot.

Happy birthday Charming! We ate at Carraba's in Orlando a year ago this week, it was yummy!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #561
charming23
DIS Veteran

Thanks lattemomof3. I love Carrabas and we have one just down the street so I was super excited about the e-mail.

Tonight my mom and Aunt have a class at the nature center, while I have a class at the college for CPR/First aid. So we are taking advantage of our free pizza from Papa John's.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #562
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Happy Birthday, C23!

Tonight we are having leftovers. I have oodles! I love nights like these.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

Old 02-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #563
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I'm trying a new recipe tonight. It's Lemon Garlic Chicken in the slow cooker. It smells great, hope it tastes great too!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #564
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Tonight:

BBQ Pork Chops (chops are in the crock pot)
Baked Beans
Roasted Red Potatoes
Rolls

What does everyone have planned for Valentine's Day? Keeping with the theme of eating at home and the Disney theme we are having a Lady and the Tramp movie night. Dinner will be:

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Caesar Salad
Garlic Toast
*Red Velvet Cupcakes with Choc Chips in them
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #565
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

We are having Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla and Rice tonight.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/c...olla.html#more

It's from Skinnytaste.com. I just LOVE this website for low calorie meals! Everything I have had from here has been wonderful!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #566
charming23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
We are having Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla and Rice tonight.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/c...olla.html#more

It's from Skinnytaste.com. I just LOVE this website for low calorie meals! Everything I have had from here has been wonderful!
That looks delicious. Thanks for posting, I am going to add it to the menu soon.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #567
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
That looks delicious. Thanks for posting, I am going to add it to the menu soon.
It is good, but add a bit more of the seasonings. Mine came out a bit bland, but the overall flavor was good.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #568
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

OMG just had to share a bit of my Disney happiness with some friends.. every year at work our company gives out 350-400 Aspire trips to Disney (working trips with meetings and stuff but lots of free time too) - you must do things out of your normal job and have good reviews ect.. I thought our unit was out of the running but imagine surprise when during the announcement yestday they calll MY name!!!!!!! "I am going to Disney World" (in the words of Eli Manning) haaa the funniest part to me is that the trip is 4/29- 5/2 and I have a trip with my DD for softball from 4/7-4/14 so i'll just get back to work for 2 weeks and go again!!!!! I just updated my ticker with 3 trips as my Hubs will join me from 5/2 - 5/6 on his very first trip ever!!!! I can't even believe it still..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #569
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
OMG just had to share a bit of my Disney happiness with some friends.. every year at work our company gives out 350-400 Aspire trips to Disney (working trips with meetings and stuff but lots of free time too) - you must do things out of your normal job and have good reviews ect.. I thought our unit was out of the running but imagine surprise when during the announcement yestday they calll MY name!!!!!!! "I am going to Disney World" (in the words of Eli Manning) haaa the funniest part to me is that the trip is 4/29- 5/2 and I have a trip with my DD for softball from 4/7-4/14 so i'll just get back to work for 2 weeks and go again!!!!! I just updated my ticker with 3 trips as my Hubs will join me from 5/2 - 5/6 on his very first trip ever!!!! I can't even believe it still..
That is SO EXCITING!!! Yay for you bigsis!!!

Dinner tonight:

Creamy Roast Beef Sammies
Chips
Orange Slices
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #570
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
Thanks lattemomof3. I love Carrabas and we have one just down the street so I was super excited about the e-mail.

Happy birthday Charming! I love Carrabbas as well and will be going there my my bday dinner on the 18th. I am already thinking about what I might get! Mom is even treating my two best friends so that they can come with. Was it a birthday email or just a regular one?

Oh, and no idea on what dinner will be tonight. I am meeting with a friend to start being tutored in basic Japanese language and culture. It will depend on what she wants to eat (got to love pregnancy cravings)!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: