Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #361
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
A funny thing happened at store the while I was shopping today. This toddler was talking loudly about the pancakes he was going to have for dinner. He and his mom were talking about them. The clerk said he made the pancakes sound pretty good and she was going to make pancakes for dinner. I said I was too! And I did.

I had about 4 bananas that were getting too ripe, so I threw them in the mix. I used 1/2 c. almond milk, a tsp. of vanilla, and just one egg with some Bisquick. Then I made two batches to make everyone happy. I made banana blueberry and banana chocolate chip pancakes. We had turkey sausage with them. I think it was the best I have ever made.
Now I'm craving pancakes! Banana blueberry! Yum! Tonight was a hamburger casserole that I saw on the community board.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #362
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattemomof3 View Post
Now I'm craving pancakes! Banana blueberry! Yum! Tonight was a hamburger casserole that I saw on the community board.
I swear it's contagious. There were a few other ladies in the store nodding and saying the pancakes sounded good too. I thought of that little guy when I was making them tonight.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #363
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having Fritos Chili Pie made from leftover chili.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #364
lisam427
DIS Veteran

pancakes sound really good for tonight. i think pancakes and sausage will hit the spot!

i have been doing every good on not eating out this week. tommorrow i plan on making puertorican stew and rice. this weekend i am going to try to do as minimal grocery shopping as possible and use what i have onhand. will post next weeks plan soon!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #365
figment3258
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Just saw this thread and love the idea! I'm a very busy mommy who rarely gets home before 6:00 or 6:30, so am always looking for ways to get good meals on the table (whether I'm prepping them or DH is).

I'll post what our week looks like. It's not a typical week - I had outpatient surgery on my leg yesterday, so we had leftovers last night...

Sunday: Soy Ginger Salmon w/Broccoli & Rice
Monday: Chicken Apple Sausage Stir Fry w/Rice
Tuesday: leftovers - pizza for DH and me, pasta for the kids
Wednesday: Chicken Paprikash (that my grandma made and brought over last weekend - my FAVORITE meal!)
Thursday: Turkey Joes w/sliced raw veggies
Friday: Taco night!

Going back to post #1 to read up!
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #366
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

YIPPEE Skippy its Friday!!!! (too bad it wasn't payday Friday, but oh well !!) We had snow overnight got about 3 - 4 inches.. not bad .. not really good but it's the northeast and that is what happens to us in the winter - someday I hope to move south and not worry about the icy snow weather...

Well change in plans for dinner tonight - we are cleaning out the fridge and freezer for leftover night .. so onto the menu : 1 sm cheese pizza, 1/2 of a veggie calzone, 1 serving sloppy joe, 1 serving chicken taco, 1 serving cream cheese spaghetti,1 serving of maccaroin with butter, 1 serving taco meat . I'll be serving the rest of the shoestring FF and the sweet potato FF with it.. and might do some cut up cold veggies cause the lettuce is gone

my freezer is stocked full of most dinner items for the next 2 weeks (I have to purchase 1 lb ground beef, 1 sm chicken pot pie and 1 ham steak) My pantry has enough rice - white and flavored, pasta - white and flavored, potato - instant and whole to make it for the next 14 days . I will need to purchase veggies - fresh, frozen and canned for some of the meals. Man it feels good to say that I am sure I can come in under my Grocery Budget for the next few weeks !!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #367
LattNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LattNJ View Post
Have not eaten out since 1/2!

Had soup and grilled ham and cheese tonight

Beef with snow peas and jasmine rice tomorrow night

then...husband and I are going to try a juice fast. A friend recommended we watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on netfllix....basically these people lose massive amounts of weight juicing fruits and vegetables for all meals, and that is all they consume for x amount of days. Not sure how long we will last, especially since I work night shift, can't imagine not "eating" all night.....

but we still have the kids, so I ideas of what to make them:
tacos x 2 nights
ravioli
grilled chicken
steak

I'm really not sure how this is going to pan out, we shall see.

So...my husband is on day 9 of his juice fast, has been consuming nothing but juiced fresh veggies and fruits, has lost 15 lbs so far and feels awesome. It is costing us $$$, but it's cheaper than a heart attack or a stroke, and being that he started at 300 lbs...well, you know. I am proud of him.

I on the other hand, lasted about 2.5 days, started eating very small amounts of nuts and seeds on day 3, and then on days 4 continued with fresh fruit/fresh veggies/seeds/nuts, and on Monday ate a homemade veggie burger over greens, and by Wednesday, someone brought food to work, and I ended up eating onion soup with bits of beef in it, 1 small square brownie, 1 crescent roll, and a ton of sun chips. Thursday I ate a salad, and today I pulled out my old Weight Watchers stuff from a few years ago and started writing what I'm going to eat. I had lost a total of 11 lbs, but once I started eating I gained 4 back, so in total I've lost 7 lbs in the past 9 days. I ultimately want to continue eating as much of a "whole food" diet as possible. I have no intentions of vegetarianism, but I have to say, I felt awesome eating fruits and vegetables all day long, and I have a new appreciation for them.

Tonight, we are having homemade beef barley soup in the crockpot. It is mostly vegetables.

Not sure what we are having beyond tonight.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #368
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
A funny thing happened at store the while I was shopping today. This toddler was talking loudly about the pancakes he was going to have for dinner. He and his mom were talking about them. The clerk said he made the pancakes sound pretty good and she was going to make pancakes for dinner. I said I was too! And I did.

I had about 4 bananas that were getting too ripe, so I threw them in the mix. I used 1/2 c. almond milk, a tsp. of vanilla, and just one egg with some Bisquick. Then I made two batches to make everyone happy. I made banana blueberry and banana chocolate chip pancakes. We had turkey sausage with them. I think it was the best I have ever made.
I know this is always a hit at our house too. Throw some waffles, bananas, strawberry syrup and/or nutella into the mix and it puts a smile on everyones face at dinner!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #369
charming23
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having grilled chicken, parmesean cous cous, and roasted brussel sprouts.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #370
Dragonfly_34
Mouseketeer

I love this thread! I plan my menu for two weeks to make it easier for me to do my grocery shopping. Here's what we have planned until I go shopping again next Saturday:

Tonight: Shake & Bake Pork Chops, Au Gratin potatoes and green beans
Saturday: Wendy's Copycat Chili and cornbread
Sunday: Oven Stuffer Roaster with wild rice and gravy
Monday: Ground Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday: Ginger-Teriyaki Chicken thighs with basmati rice
Wednesday: Tacos w/ Spanish rice & corn
Thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs w/ garlic bread and salad
Friday: Chicken Cordon Bleu (can't remember the sides)
June '11 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort
Oct '14 ~ Animal Kingdom Villas
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #371
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Today I went to a work event and came back with a big container of leftover grilled rosemary chicken so we will definitely be eating that for a couple of days!

Tonight we're doing buffalo chicken pizzas, we have the chicken leftover from last night's buffalo chicken salads.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #372
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasnative View Post
I know this is always a hit at our house too. Throw some waffles, bananas, strawberry syrup and/or nutella into the mix and it puts a smile on everyones face at dinner!
Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't thought of the strawberry syrup or nutella. We have them at home, just never thought to use them to top off waffles or pancakes. That will be nice to add to the table for something different!

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #373
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Tonight is Hungarian Goulash with Egg Noodles (Rice for mom). It was a special request.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #374
carson1963
Earning My Ears

had an awesome dinner tonight. Tried 2 new to me weight watcher recipes. Big Mac Casserole and 2pt chocolate peanut butter pit. YumYum!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #375
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by carson1963 View Post
had an awesome dinner tonight. Tried 2 new to me weight watcher recipes. Big Mac Casserole and 2pt chocolate peanut butter pit. YumYum!
That casserole sounds great! How many servings was it? I found the recipe online but it didn't say how many servings...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: