Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #1966
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

DH and I will be out of town tonight and all day tomorrow so dinners will be out both nights. On Sunday DH will make a HUGE batch of homemade marinara sauce to freeze. He typically makes enough to freeze for 8 or so meals. On Monday or Tuesday night I plan to make a big batch of meatballs to freeze as well. This week's menu...

Sunday:
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Oven Roasted Asparagus
Garlic Toast

Meatless Monday:
Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Crescant Rolls

Tuesday:
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
Hashbrowns with Peppers, Onions and Garlic
Baked Beans

Wednesday:
Jambalaya with Smoked Sausage
Oven Roasted Corn

Thursday:
Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Crescant Rolls

Friday:
Meatball Subs
Oven Baked Fries
Apple Slices
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #1967
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthehive View Post
LilyWDW - Hope all goes well with your Mom this week! Some suggestions for your busy week - maybe you can prepare some dishes ahead of time and put them in the freezer in portion sized containers so all you have to do is microwave them on the days that it are really busy and you do not have time to cook. Also, I sometimes prepare the crock pot the night before and stick it in the fridge so in the morning all I have to do is turn it on. Frozen ravioli or tortellini is really quick. Just boil some water, throw in the pasta and cook them until they float to top. Drain and add some sauce. Pair this with a bagged salad and dinner is ready faster than using the drive thru!! Take care!
Ditto on doing it the night before in your crockpot then just putting it back in the the morning and turning it on.. I try to make a double batch of our favorites one to eat that night and one to freeze for another night. some just a grilled cheese and soup are the quick and easy go to..

I hope your mom is doing well .. Hugs Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #1968
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

I've been doing well for the most part on eating at home but have bought Lunch the past few days at work.. I had planned salad all week but had salad all last week too and by wed I was saladed out! I have dinners planned for tonight and tomorrow but sunday is up in the air.. I do not know yet which hockey game my DS will be playing in .. the coach is horrible about that.
I'll see you all on Monday with a new menu.. have a great weekend!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #1969
SCDisneyMom
How would a chihuahua jump over a fence?!

Tonight we will be eating leftovers - DH made chili for the Alabama game last night. My mom also made some Bourbon St. Chicken and brought it over to us, so we have plenty for dinner tonight.

Monday: Herb-Crusted Pork Chops (from http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com), couscous, & sauteed spinach

Tuesday: Chicken w/ garlic & parsley, corn, sauteed zucchini & squash

Wednesday: Spicy Baked Rigatoni, salad, garlic bread

Thursday: DS has a football banquet

Friday: Crockpot chicken tacos, Spanish rice, avocado slices

Saturday: DH will grill something, garlic green beans, Biggest Loser stuffed mushrooms

Me: Leslie (34) , DH: Ray (36) , DS: Tyler (16)

*Our Disney princess has arrived*
Isla Caroline
October 22, 2013
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1970
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Okay, here is my plan for the next two weeks, I need to write it down here because I have made so many changes in my notebook that it's hard to read!

Week 1

Tonight: Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice

Monday: Eggs, Chicken Sausage, and Toast OR pick up something to go somewhere and bring it home. Depends how I feel tomorrow. It's been a stressful weekend!

Tuesday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread (Mom asked for it)

Wednesday: Chicken Jambalaya in the Crockpot

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Poor Man's Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Carrots

Saturday: Salmon Patties, Slaw, and Sugar Snap Peas

Sunday: Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

Week 2

I have family coming into town early Monday (like 4AM early). They will be leaving Wednesday morning. We will be doing Thanksgiving on Tuesday since mom has chemo the actual week of Thanksgiving and she wants to be able to enjoy it. Plus, it will be nice to do with family in town!

Monday: Spaghetti with Meatballs, Garlic Bread, and a Salad

Tuesday: Thanksgiving! Roasted Turkey, Bread Stuffing, Corn Bread Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, Pumpkin Pie, and Peanut Butter Pie

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Broccoli and Pork Stirfryand Rice

Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup and Rolls

Sunday: Country Style Ribs, Scalloped Potatoes, and Green Beans

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #1971
charming23
DIS Veteran

Friday night we had some vegetable beef soup from the freezer with biscuits

Last night we had quick chicken paprikash with noodles and salad

Tonight we are having patty melt's with oven roasted potatoes and zucchini
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #1972
peainapod
Mouseketeer

In no particular order:

-Baked Ziti w/spinach

-BBQ Chili w/corn

-Italian Chicken w/pasta salad (http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2...sta-salad.html)

-Gluten Free Corndogs

-Fettuccini Alfredo (http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2...i-alfredo.html)

I need side dish ideas, though!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #1973
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

This week's menu:

Sunday - Shrimp, broccoli & mushrooms over penne pasta with alfredo sauce
Monday - Homemade chicken fingers, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas
Tuesday - Oven fried pork chops, oriental rice, mixed vegetables, tossed salad
Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti, garlic bread and salad
Thursday - Ribs, oven fried potatoes, corn, salad
Friday - We're going out to dinner with some friends
Saturday -Roast pork, gravy, baked potatoes, broccoli
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #1974
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

DH didn't make the homemade sauce yesterday, so our menu is getting switched around a bit. Last night I made the jambalaya, tonight I will stick to the Wild Rice Soup, but tomorrow night will be the spaghetti since DH will make sauce tonight. Confused? Yeah, so am I...
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #1975
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Oookay, going to *try* and get back on track! Been completely off course for a little while; My mom's bad knee has been giving her trouble, so I became my lil sis's after-school runner, lol, so it's been lots of fast food & dinner at grandma's.

Last night - Meatloaf with potatoes & corn.
Tonight - Turkey soft tacos
Tomorrow - Bbq baked chicken w/ baked potatoes & a vegetable
Wed - fast food; last volleyball game of the season for my lil sis, so I'll be out supporting her.
Thurs - Tri-color rotini w/ parmesan crusted chicken

Rest of the week is up in the air. Gonna go grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow, so I'll work out the game plan then.

Me - DBF -
Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #1976
bigsis1970

Alrighty so my week looks like this (DS is home so it'll be for 3)

last night was Turkey tenderloin in gravy with carrots, corn, stuffing and mashed potatoes
tonight is sheppard's pie, bread / or bisuits
Tuesday is home made chicken nuggets, noodles and green beans
Wednesday is BBQ pork ribs in the crockpot, rice and green beans
Thursday is Stirfry for me & hubs and leftover HBH for DS
Friday date night for me and DS while Hubs is out with his brother at a concert
Saturday night is pizza night!
Sunday is a retirement party then Hockey so we'll just have left overs or cereal!

Homeowners = 8/18/2011
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #1977
stayhomemom77
Dieting my way to Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
DH didn't make the homemade sauce yesterday, so our menu is getting switched around a bit. Last night I made the jambalaya, tonight I will stick to the Wild Rice Soup, but tomorrow night will be the spaghetti since DH will make sauce tonight. Confused? Yeah, so am I...

I made Seafood Lasagna on Friday and we had it as leftovers on Saturday as well. It was quite tasty...and DH asked for it to be put into our regular rotation. I think the spinach was a little overpowering so next time I won't use an entire package but otherwise, we have a winner!

Last night Hubby made Beef Stroganoff and it was supposed to go far enough to cover dinner tonight as well but we were low on pasta and thought there's plenty of the sauce left, there were only enough noodles to cover his lunch today. I thought about putting the sauce over potatoes but we don't have any of those either.

I'm thinking if all else fails...we'll just do grilled cheese sandwiches and cream of mushroom soup for dinner. It's not fancy but it'll do!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #1978
charming23
DIS Veteran

Last night we had chicken tortilla soup and chips with salsa

Tonight we are having ham steaks with hash browns and glazed carrots.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #1979
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

So, yesterday we did Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread because I did the Garlic Bread fresh as I have NO room in the freezer! Tonight I drove 20 minutes each way because my mom wanted Pepper Steak from a specific local place. The things I do for her!

Oh, and since we are doing Thanksgiving early I was worried I wouldn't get all my points for a free turkey at the grocery store. However, my favorite cashier there called on the manager and they set it up so I could! Even though I would have been a point short. Now THAT is customer service!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #1980
buckirj1
DIS Veteran

Wednesday: Shepherd's Pie, baked pears
Thursday: same again
Friday: Lazy pantry supper: canned gumbo soup, canned peaches, English muffins
Saturday: pasta with chicken, peas, and sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce, citrus salad
Sunday: something in the slow cooker; can't decide between fish chowder or beef cubes with tomatoes and Italian seasonings, with a side of kale with dried cranberries. Probably the beef, because I have a hunk o' roast in the freezer.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: