Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #166
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post

Brandi, can you share you recipe or website for the Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti??
I found it on Pinterest....

http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/11/...ole.html#links

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #167
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer

Tonight I'm making a gluten free ham pot pie. I'm trying a corn bread topping instead of the usual crust. I've got the filling in the oven already slow cooking. It smells SO good in here! I may make some pumpkin pudding for dessert!
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #168
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Is this your first time making it? it looks DELISH (to quote Rachel Ray)

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 01-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #169
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
as planned, tonight i am making the pork chops with Dijon herb sauce (from skinnytaste.com), roasted green beans instead of broccoli, and baked potatoes. started back on weight watchers today. my day is going good so far.

we avoided tim hortons and subway as tempted. i just brewed a pot of coffee and made dd soup and a sandwich for lunch. tomorrow night will be breakfast for dinner for me as dd will be out with her boyfriend.
You must be in Canada? We love Tim Hortons!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #170
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Tonight- Beef Dip with au jus and salad.
Wednesday- *Ended up being breakfast for dinner
Thursday- Spaghetti, Garlic Bread
Friday, Hamburgers, Fries, Mixed Veggies
Saturday- Stuffed Chicken breast , carrots, rice or potato

Sunday.. Shepards pie.

I am really trying to make a dent in my freezer. The chest freezer is full. A lot of it is things like frozen pizzas and bags of frozen fruit and waffles. Just things that were on for such a good deal that I stocked up.. leaving me with no room for meat and other things

Last edited by pigletto; 01-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #171
dizluvah
DIS Veteran

Another newbie...I typically shop Sat or Sun. am

Tues - hotdogs, cucumber/tomato salad
Wed. shredded pork sandwiches (leftovers)
Thurs - Ham, cheese and broccoli frittata
Fri. - Spaghetti w/ meat sauce
Sat. - grilled chicken, steamed veg with rice
Sun. - Baked ham (from freezer) may have to buy sides

Only Sat. is subject to change
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #172
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
It's the up and down temps that are killing us...colds, coughs, allergies...UGH! I do love TN though, wouldn't trade it for anything.

What part of TN do you live in? I live 30 miles east of Nashville.
I'm out on the Northeast side near Johnson City.

I'm going to be reworking my meal list for the next couple of months to try and eat through the freezer and cabinets as much as possible. This should be fun!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 01-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #173
tinkarooni
Gets way too excited about saving money!
I am so lucky that my brain is programmed differerently

Well today went according to plan. My kids are still home from school so I will be glad for my sanity to send them back tomorrow. leftovers for lunch.

For dinner the pulled pork we didn't eat yesterday, baked potatoes and some leftover broccoli. Tomorow crazy day with appts and after school, will put some cubed leftover ham, cabbage and potatoes in the crock pot. Ds loves this.

Need to plan for Thursday, thawing is always my downfall.....

Currently saving for our next trip....when? When we have the cash. Welcome to the Budget Board

---Happy to be here!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #174
charming23
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having chicken enchiladas. It has been so cold and snowy here that I am not even tempeted to go out at all let alone to eat, lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #175
mjbaby
DIS Veteran

I had to retool my dinner plans after getting home to discover that I can't find the parmesan cheese! I'm SURE I bought some the other day but goodness knows what happened to it so...on to Plan B.

Thank goodness for a stocked pantry! I ended up doing regular old saffron rice (in the rice cooker so no effort on my part ) and decided, after finding chick pea flour in the fridge as part of the great find-the-parm exercise, to make a socca. This recipe is by far the easiest and tastiest I've found and thought I'd share in case someone else out there needs a quick, wheat-free breadlike item. I added chopped black olives to mine, but you can be super creative.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #176
LattNJ
Mouseketeer

I made this recipe tonight:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-cheese-sauce/

Now, I am a die hard pioneer woman fan, and I have pretty much loved just about every recipe I've made of hers, but I was really leary of making it. I knew for a fact my 8 year old wouldn't touch it, and made frozen ravioli and jar sauce for her, and I was pretty much expecting my 11 year old wouldn't like it...she did try it, but she did not like it so she ate ravioli too. So, just my husband and I ate it...and I wasn't even sure he would like it cause he doesn't really like tomatoes and doesn't like spinach. I personally am not a big blue cheese fan and I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea of pasta mixed with blue cheese, tomatoes and spinach. However, I knew she would never do me wrong, and made it. He ended up loving it, and I thought it was pretty good too. More of an "adult" meal, or for pretty adventurous kids. I did use fire roasted diced tomatoes instead of regular.

BTW, I can only imagine what my cholesterol level is making all of her recipes. I've never used so much heavy cream in my cooking as I have in the past 8 months or so. I know I'm packing on the pounds...l need to start watching myself.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #177
gandycat
Mouseketeer

Only two months till our WDW trip, I am really trying to save money. I read this thread often but have never posted before.

Tues: filet mignon (for dh and I, he bought them as a surprise treat, the kids wanted chicken nuggets), smiley fries, steamed broccoli, cucumber slices
Wed: lasagna and salad
Thurs: pork tenderloin, cous cous, sauted zucchini
Fri: homemade pizza, salad
Sat: crock pot chicken and dumplings, carrots
Sun: trader joes frozen BBQ teriyaki chicken, rice, peas
Mon: grilled pork chops with teriyaki sauce, rice, broccoli

I'm also trying to not eat out for lunch so much on my work days. I'm in the car off and on all day so it has to be things that are easy to eat (mini whole wheat bagels, baby bell cheese and fresh veggies are on the list)
1988~Can't remember the name of the hotel! With parents, brother, SIL and nephew; 1991~Hampton Inn with best friend; 1993~Best Western with future husband; 1994~CBR honeymoon; 2002~Rented house with mom and 2 year old; 2004~Embassy Suites, Lake Buena Vista with mom and 1.5 and 4.5 year old
2006~POFQ with dh and kids
2008~PORS with dh and kids
2010~January POLYwith dh and kids
2012~March-POFQ
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #178
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
It's the up and down temps that are killing us...colds, coughs, allergies...UGH! I do love TN though, wouldn't trade it for anything.

What part of TN do you live in? I live 30 miles east of Nashville.
You weren't talking to me, but I am in Franklin.
And I have been too cold to go out of the house! We just moved here in Oct and we are from Charleston, SC where it is much warmer!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #179
LattNJ
Mouseketeer

I was originally going to make pulled pork in the crockpot this week....however I bought boneless country ribs because it was 2.79/lb. There is a recipe on allrecipes to make pulled pork using boneless ribs with high ratings....but I'm almost thinking I'd rather make them in a crockpot with a homemade bbq sauce, but I'm thinking they will probably just all fall apart....don't know what to do with them?? Anybody have a good recipe using boneless country ribs?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #180
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

last night went as planned - tacos and I brought the leftovers for lunch. I also went ahead and baked all the potatoes for tonight's baked potato soup in a bread bowl!!! can't wait!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: