Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #136
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hi Lily, thanks for the support. I am doing a modified South Beach diet. Pretty much high protein, high fiber, whole grains, and lower carbs. I really want to lose 10 lbs before our trip in 3 weeks. I'm just barely overweight (25 lbs) and there is really no excuse. However I did read an interesting article about being petite and losing weight and it said that for a petite woman just eating as few as 25 extra calories a day will cause the weight gain. Sheesh! Do you know how little of a margin for error that is?!!! I need a bigger window. No wonder I struggle so much. Plus I learned that my calorie requirements are much less than a woman that is 5'7". AND charts are based on that 5'7" female.

Yes, I need recipes and ideas! However I have to feed hubby too and he is the difficult one as he insists on meat. And he loves pasta, potatoes, macaroni and cheese, things with gravy or sauce, and carb loaded foods.
My pinterest is http://pinterest.com/athiena/. If you need/want an invite, let me know (PM me your email if so).

I'll jump on later and link up some of my favorite websites for healthier meals. Maybe you can use some of them and work them into your diet. One of my favorite meals though is stir fry because you can load those things with vegetables and proteins for very low calories. Then you can serve them over rice or extra vegetables! Sometimes I skip the rice to save the calories and all I do is fill the stir fry with even more vegetables to make up for the bulk the rice gives it.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #137
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

I just thought I would share (if you don't know about her site already, because I know she sometimes pops in here), but at http://eatathomecooks.com/ she has a great weekly menu planner you can print. It's great, there is an area to write down your meals, but then also an area for your grocery list. Also a great site to get even more meal ideas.

This is us for this week~
Mon-steaks, fries & broccoli
Tues-chicken tacos
Wed-bangers & mash (my mom is English, so I use this term, but it's really just brauts on the grill with mash potatoes).
Thurs-waffles
Fri-hamburgers + chips (something easy, heading to hockey game after)
Sat. -garlic pasta w/shrimp & mushrooms
Sun-tacos

Have a good week, I'll be lurking for more ideas.....oh I like the poster that put baked potatoes & salad (I think it was in the long post about diners through Feb). I really like that idea, and my kids will love it, so that is going on our menu for next week...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #138
lattemomof3
DIS Veteran

Dinner last night was Trader Joe's hot dogs & some baby carrots, tomatoes, cukes & chips. Tonight is French toast, sausage & clementine's.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #139
JRoyster86
Mouseketeer

I've been following this thread for a while but have never felt the need to post. However, I am definitely feeling the need right now. I need someone to hold me accountable so I don't end up just ordering delivery every night! Our bank account is suffering because of it I just went grocery shopping for the week, spent $50 for the two of us. Definitely feeling the crunch after the holidays, so it looks like it's going to be pb&j for lunch all week!

Monday - Probably just end up snacking tonight
Tuesday - pork chops with veggies
Wednesday - make our own pizza
Thursday - chicken breasts with veggies
Friday - spinach and cheese ravioli with garlic bread

August '13 - Honeymoon at Boardwalk!
February '13 - First trip to Disneyland!
November '11 - 4 nights at RPR!
January '11 - 2 nights at HRH, 7 nights at Pop!
August '09 - 7 nights at ASMo!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #140
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

I just got done cleaning out and reorganizing the freezer, the pantry, and another cabinet. We got rid of anything expired and anything that is 100% no go for my new way of eating. That was a lot of work! It's amazing how much space I have now though!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 01-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #141
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having:

50't PT Mom's Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Southern Style Green Beans
Old 01-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #142
lisam427
DIS Veteran

as planned, tonight i am making the pork chops with Dijon herb sauce (from skinnytaste.com), roasted green beans instead of broccoli, and baked potatoes. started back on weight watchers today. my day is going good so far.

we avoided tim hortons and subway as tempted. i just brewed a pot of coffee and made dd soup and a sandwich for lunch. tomorrow night will be breakfast for dinner for me as dd will be out with her boyfriend.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #143
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer

Tonight we had a homemade gluten free philly cheese steak pizza. It was my first attempt at this and it turned out really good. I also made a tomato and fresh mozzerella salad to go with it. Dessert is pumpkin bars made from the pumpkin my dd picked on her school field trip. I'm hoping they turn out because I've never made my own pumpkin before and it didn't seem as smooth as the puree you buy in a can.
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #144
charming23
DIS Veteran

Tonight we are having sloppy joes with potatoe chips and fruit salad.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #145
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

tonight is jagerschnitzel for dinner with fries...

I also cooked Chicken enchilada soup and creamy baked spaghetti for the next two nights...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 01-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #146
tinkarooni
Gets way too excited about saving money!
I am so lucky that my brain is programmed differerently

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmomof2 View Post
Tonight we had a homemade gluten free philly cheese steak pizza. It was my first attempt at this and it turned out really good. I also made a tomato and fresh mozzerella salad to go with it. Dessert is pumpkin bars made from the pumpkin my dd picked on her school field trip. I'm hoping they turn out because I've never made my own pumpkin before and it didn't seem as smooth as the puree you buy in a can.
Hello, just a couple of tips, use a mixer or stick blender to puree the pumpkin once you cook it and than let it drain real good before you use it. Jack olantern pumpkins aren't as sweet as pie pumpkins so if you use it for pie you sometimes need to add a little extra sugar, but for pumpkin bars it will probably be just great.

Currently saving for our next trip....when? When we have the cash. Welcome to the Budget Board

---Happy to be here!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #147
tinkarooni
Gets way too excited about saving money!
I am so lucky that my brain is programmed differerently

I pop in sometimes but mostly lurk. We have been an absolute mess around here with home renovations, a cold that goes on forever that we have all had, and a disorganized kitchen. So for the past 5days dh and I have been off work and I sorted, tossed and carted stuff to goodwill. I organized my freezers and I am going to take this one day at a time.

So today I made pulled pork in the crock but we went out to lunch with some friends after bowling. Nobody was hungry for dinner so we will eat that tomorrow with corn on the cob (freezer) green salad and some baked potatoes done in the crock. We all had oatmeal and fruit for dinner tonight instead.

I need to get real about the eating out, every weekend we make it without eating out I am going to transfer that money to savings. Today cost me $60.00 including tip so that's the figure I am going to use. Bring it on.

Currently saving for our next trip....when? When we have the cash. Welcome to the Budget Board

---Happy to be here!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #148
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkarooni View Post
Hello, just a couple of tips, use a mixer or stick blender to puree the pumpkin once you cook it and than let it drain real good before you use it. Jack olantern pumpkins aren't as sweet as pie pumpkins so if you use it for pie you sometimes need to add a little extra sugar, but for pumpkin bars it will probably be just great.
Thanks for the tip. The pumpkins I had pureed were pie pumpkins. I roasted and pureed following pioneer woman's recipe. I've had the puree in my freezer waiting to get used. The bars turned out really good!
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #149
Arabelle
Mouseketeer

I've spent the morning reading your thread! You all are so organized, and I need to be more so. May I hang with you for a bit?

Tonight we have a basketball game, so I need to find something for the crockpot. I'm thinking sloppy joes.

wednesday- porkchops, and sweetpotatoes w/ginger
thursday- roast chicken (i always do two when it roast them) and veggies
friday- chicken soup with the leftover chicken and stock. Maybe make noodles if i get organize
saturday- soup and leftovers for lunch, mexican casserole maybe.
sunday- no clue. have to check freezer.

Hope it is ok to jump in.

Last edited by Arabelle; 01-03-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #150
mjbaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm761 View Post
This sounds very good. How do you make them? We don't have that restaurant around here. Can you use dry black beans? I have a bunch but don't really know what to do with them. How do you make your quac? I love the stuff! Thank you for sharing!!!
Hi- Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I'm just now seeing your question. What I do is make a batch of "Mexican rice" in my rice cooker (just regular rice with a can of diced tomatoes combined with chicken broth instead of water, and with the additions of a diced jalapeno pepper and some chili powder) and also a batch of taco meat (we use ground turkey with the addition of black beans - which are either just a can or pre-plumped in my rice cooker and frozen). Both of these are loaded into a burrito-sized tortilla (which work better when warmed in a dry skillet) along with salsa, plain yogurt (instead of sour cream), and grated cheddar cheese. I don't make guac b/c even though I love it no one else in the family does. Sometimes I'll dice an avocado if I can find one for a good price.

That's it! Super easy and delish. The meat, rice and beans can all be made ahead and frozen, too, so it's one of my go-to busy night meals.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: