Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #151
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
as a server, I must put in my disclaimer. even tho the waiter irritated me, too, Nebo played that "little game" without my blessing.
Nah, seven years as a bartender here. He had it comin' to him. You go Nebo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I don't believe there was a waitress over 21 working there,, or over 5 foot 2 inches tall, or over 105 pounds!

The most annoying part of our meal, though, was our waiter
Of course if you were forced to work with a bunch of Disney pixies, maybe you'd have some attitude too! Now we know what all of Tink's contemporaries do to support themselves down there! I hear those pixies can actually be pretty nasty...

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #152
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Here's my disclaimer. Bless you Nebo!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #153
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Nah, seven years as a bartender here. He had it comin' to him. You go Nebo!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Here's my disclaimer. Bless you Nebo!
you 2 always liked Nebo better!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #154
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe I just found this, and POTC! I read everything else last year, or maybe the year before?? I can't remember. But just wanted to say that I enjoyed this report as much as the others, and I really love the interaction between the two of you! It is SO much fun!

We ate in March at TRex for my dd14 birthday and I was surprised how much we enjoyed it actually. We will be back over Memorial Day weekend for younger dd's birthday, and she has picked San Angel for her birthday meal. Hopefully the glop is reasonably good, first time for us, and your review has me nervous. I am going to have to get Teppan Edo on the list, we have avoided it thus far as my dh and dd14 are crazy picky, and rarely find a veggie worth eating, but dd14 was born in Japan, so may actually try some veggies if I tell her they are JAPANESE veggies. LOL. Now that we are local-ish, we tend to go for a weekend at a time, and do 1 or 2 TS meals, the rest CS. And I have to mention, since you are doing CS this trip, I do advise avoiding the Electric Umbrella. Apparently we ate there in 2007, but I have no memory whatsoever of it. We ate there again 2 weeks ago, and it was HORRIBLE, I am not sure how they ruined a cheeseburger, but they did. (maybe they were that bad before and I blocked it from my mind?? ). We really like CHH, Flame Tree is decent, Pecos Bills isn't too bad, etc. I've decided that one is truly especially bad.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #155
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Now, from what I could tell, said driver was probably from
Peru or Bolivia or Milwaukee, some place that doesn't speak English,
because I never heard him say a word the whole time.

I have no idea what we ended up with, all I remember was that the one that sounded the least appetizing was the best tasting. I think it was horseradish and orangutan blood. But I do recommend the bread order, it definately is different, and was quite good.
My wife emailed me that I HAD to read this email thread because it's the funniest thing she's ever read on the Disboards, and that the people at her work are going to think she's crazy from laughing so hard. I'm only on the first page so far, but I can see I'm in for a good ride. Hilarious!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #156
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
Wow, I can't believe I just found this, and POTC! I read everything else last year, or maybe the year before?? I can't remember. But just wanted to say that I enjoyed this report as much as the others, and I really love the interaction between the two of you! It is SO much fun!

We ate in March at TRex for my dd14 birthday and I was surprised how much we enjoyed it actually. We will be back over Memorial Day weekend for younger dd's birthday, and she has picked San Angel for her birthday meal. Hopefully the glop is reasonably good, first time for us, and your review has me nervous. I am going to have to get Teppan Edo on the list, we have avoided it thus far as my dh and dd14 are crazy picky, and rarely find a veggie worth eating, but dd14 was born in Japan, so may actually try some veggies if I tell her they are JAPANESE veggies. LOL. Now that we are local-ish, we tend to go for a weekend at a time, and do 1 or 2 TS meals, the rest CS. And I have to mention, since you are doing CS this trip, I do advise avoiding the Electric Umbrella. Apparently we ate there in 2007, but I have no memory whatsoever of it. We ate there again 2 weeks ago, and it was HORRIBLE, I am not sure how they ruined a cheeseburger, but they did. (maybe they were that bad before and I blocked it from my mind?? ). We really like CHH, Flame Tree is decent, Pecos Bills isn't too bad, etc. I've decided that one is truly especially bad.
Hi Kristi, we just got back and we did take your advice and skip the Electric Umbrella. By the way, I do think your family of picky eaters will like Teppanedo, they make it enough fun and different that it almost makes you want to try the weird food, and hey, all kids like playing with chopsticks, right? Oh, it's your husband who's a picky eater,,, um,,,, nahh,, still applies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
My wife emailed me that I HAD to read this email thread because it's the funniest thing she's ever read on the Disboards, and that the people at her work are going to think she's crazy from laughing so hard. I'm only on the first page so far, but I can see I'm in for a good ride. Hilarious!
Hey New York, thanks for laughing.
I'm thinking there might be a review or two coming up not too far away, we just got back and I'll have to run each day back through my mind again.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #157
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

NEBO!!!!!

It's good to see you and Smidgy are back. Hopefully a short, mini, whatever you want to call it TR is soon to appear!

Off to Pkondz's TR......
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #158
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Welcome back Nebo and Smidgy!! We missed you guys can't wait for the new report!!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #159
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Welcome back Nebo and Smidgy!! We missed you guys can't wait for the new report!!
I second the above! Except if you do more dining reviews, won't they be reviews we CAN use? I'm still making my way through your old TRs, enjoying every last bit.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #160
laura74
DIS Veteran

So glad you're back! And can't wait for whatever you throw at us.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
laura74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #161
laura74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
So glad you're back! And can't wait for whatever you throw at us.
Hmmmm.... I know I'm quoting myself but suddenly had visions of the monkey cage.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
laura74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #162
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Nebo. I will put it in my list to go to, part of me wishes we were doing that one in 2 weeks for Catie's birthday, she picked San Angel, she might not be as fond if she had read your review. Hubby really wants to do Ohana too, we did breakfast but haven't done a dinner there. I will be sure to remind him to peel the shrimp.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: