Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Smile Merry Christmas, DISers!!!

Merry Christmas, everyone. Tell us what are doing to celebrate! Have a great new year, and enjoy this day with your families! For those of you in the parks right now, have a great time!!!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
budafam
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas We are headed to my mother in law's (had our Christmas yesterday morning)... she's getting her Mickey ears for Christmas, can't wait to see her open that box! We'll be headed back in May and I can't wait... I've been counting down the days to Disney, not Christmas this year, lol!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

We had Christmas Eve dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern last night and woke up at Fort Wilderness this morning - Santa came!
It is very magical waking up at Disney on Christmas. There aren't any words...

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Thankful to be going back to the Fort! - Fort Wilderness, Thanksgiving 2014
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseEarsForAll View Post
Merry Christmas, everyone. Tell us what are doing to celebrate! Have a great new year, and enjoy this day with your families! For those of you in the parks right now, have a great time!!!
Merry Christmas to you and all!

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
mossy1
Been there but always willing to learn from others-;)

Smile

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Hope you all have a great day!! Enjoy!!

mossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas everyone! DW and I spent last evening putting together the Disney Ultimate Dream Castle for DD4. After opening presents, DW and I are taking turns playing with all of the princesses.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
MouseEarsForAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
Merry Christmas everyone! DW and I spent last evening putting together the Disney Ultimate Dream Castle for DD4. After opening presents, DW and I are taking turns playing with all of the princesses.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Merry, Merry and Happy, Happy to all the DISers

My 18 yr old DS who worked the last two long days at Walmart is still sleeping, as is my almost 22 yr old DD who is home from college ( over 1000+ mi away) and my hubby is still in dreamland too!

Me, I'm enjoying my coffee, the lit Chritmas tree, have A Christmas Story on the TV and just made frenchtoast for the gang for when they wake up.

There's no snow here this year so it's not exactly looking like Christmas but that's OK. And my dog is laying on my feet right now.

Life is perfect

And later today when gathering with my parents and sister , many Disney gifts will be given and received.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Merry Christmas!

And, don't forget that the Disney Parks Christmas Parade is on ABC-TV today.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
KAE2008
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas everyone!
I'll be busy spending the day with family and having a lot to eat!
Later we're going to visit the Hospice where my Mother stayed last April.
They have an annual Holiday light display we want to see.
After that I'll be at my friend's house to watch the Packer game.
Happy holidays to all.
\o/
KAE2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
theostwalts
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!! Hope you all have a very blessed day.
2007 7 Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Magic
theostwalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

Merry Christmas everyone.

I am patiently waiting for 49 more minutes for the Christmas Parade.

One of the items I asked for was cash, so I could order WDW glasses online from Arribas Brothers. I think that will be much easier than bringing those items home via airplane. I know what website I will be playing around on tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite
Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!!!

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
MouseEarsForAll

We are just going hang out, then I plan on watching the Miami Heat game!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 12-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

THE NOCTURNAL PERIOD PRECEDING YULETIDE

T'was the nocturnal segment of the diurnal period preceding the annual yuletide celebration, and throughout our place of residence, kinetic activity was not in evidence among the possessors of this potential, including that species of domestic rodent known as Mus musculus. Hosiery was meticulously suspended from the forward edge of the woodburning caloric apparatus, pursuant to our anticipatory pleasure regarding an imminent visitation from an eccentric philanthropist among whose folkloric appellations is the honorific St. Nicholas.

The prepubescent siblings, comfortably ensconced in their respective accommodations of repose, were experiencing sub-conscious visual hallucinations of variegated fruit confections moving rhythmically through their cerebrums. My conjugal partner and I, attired in our nocturnal head coverings, were about to take slumberous advantage of the hibernal darkness when upon the avenaceous exterior portion of the grounds there ascended such a cacophony of dissonance that I felt compelled to arise with alacrity from my place of repose for the purpose of ascertaining the precise source thereof.

Hastening to the casement, I forthwith opened the barriers sealing this fenestration, noting thereupon that the lunar brilliance without, reflected as it was on the surface of a recent crystalline precipitation, might be said to rival that of the solar meridian itself - thus permitting my incredulous optical sensory organs to behold a miniature airborne runnered conveyance drawn by eight diminutive specimens of the genus Rangifer, piloted by a minuscule, aged chauffeur so ebullient and nimble that it became instantly apparent to me that he was indeed our anticipated caller. With his ungulate motive power traveling at what may possibly have been more vertiginous velocity than patriotic alar predicates, he vociferated loudly, expelling breath musically through contracted labi*, and addressed each of the octet by his or her respective cognomen -"Now Dasher, now Dancer..." et al. - guiding them to the uppermost exterior level of our abode, through which structure I could readily distinguish the concatenations of each of the 32 cloven pedal extremities.

As I retracted my cranium from its erstwhile location, and was performing a 180 degree pivot, our distinguished visitant achieved - with utmost celerity and via a downward leap - entry by way of the smoke passage. He was clad entirely in animal pelts soiled by the ebon residue from oxidations of carboniferous fuels which had accumulated on the walls thereof. His resemblance to a street vendor I attributed largely to the plethora of assorted playthings which he bore dorsally in a commodious cloth receptacle.

His orbs were scintillant with reflected luminosity, while his submaxillary dermal indentations gave every evidence of engaging amiability. The capillaries of his malar regions and nasal appurtenance were engorged with blood which suffused the subcutaneous layers, the former approximating the coloration of Albion's floral emblem, the latter that of the Prunus avium, or sweet cherry. His amusing sub and supra labials resembled nothing so much as a common loop knot, and their ambient hirsute facial adornment appeared like small, tabular and columnar crystals of frozen dihydrogen oxide.

Clenched firmly between his incisors was a smoking piece whose gray fumes, forming a tenuous ellipse about his occiput, were suggestive of a decorative seasonal circlet of holly. His visage was wider than it was high, and when he waxed audibly mirthful, his corpulent abdominal region undulated in the manner of impectinated fruit syrup in a hemispherical container. He was, in short, neither more nor less than an obese, jocund, multi-genarian gnome, the optical perception of whom rendered me risibly frolicsome despite every effort to refrain from so being. By rapidly lowering and then elevating one eyelid and rotating his head slightly to one side, he indicated that trepidation on my part was groundless.

Without utterance and with dispatch, he commenced emptying the aforementioned previously dorsally transported cloth receptacle. Upon completion of this task, he executed an abrupt about face, placed a single manual digit in lateral juxtaposition to his olfactory organ, inclined his cranium forward in a gesture of leave taking and forthwith effected his egress by renegotiating (in reverse) the smoke passage. He then propelled himself in a short vector onto his conveyance, directed a musical expulsion of air through his contracted oral sphincter to the antlered quadrupeds of burden, and proceeded to soar aloft in a movement hitherto observable chiefly among the seed bearing portions of a common weed. But I overheard his vehiculation beyond the limits of visibility: "Ecstatic yuletide to the planetary constituency, and to the selfsame assemblage my sincerest wishes for a salubriously beneficial and gratifyingly pleasurable period between sunset and dawn."

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: