Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #91
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
I am getting so excited for our trip now. Its great seeing fellow canadians and see how they lived it up!

How long of a flight was it for you, you may have mentioned it but I missed it!
I am happy to help you stay excited! I wish I had another trip in the works. None right now though. I feel so lost!

The flight from PEI to Montreal is about 1.5 hours. The flight from Montreal to LAX was 6 hours. Because of all the delays though, it took us a lot longer. Probably almost 12 hours from the time we left my place to landing. The next time I go, there will NOT be any delays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tffnyjean View Post
I'm enjoying your TR and all the pics! Great job! Thank you for writing it!
Thank you. And you're welcome. I know I enjoy reading other people's trip reports, so it's fun to be on the other side sharing my trip with everyone else. MANY more pictures to come!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #92
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Ics

March 18, 2012, Part 6: ICS (Identified Character Sighting!)

The perfectly presentable people (us! haha) were perplexedly pondering all the products to be purchased....

Yep, we were still wandering the shops on our way down Main Street, making many notes about what we wanted to purchase. We came out of one of the shops to cross a little side street and we saw some more characters! MICKEY! PLUTO! I think one visit to WDW or DL, I'm going to have to do some character lines. I haven't done it in quite a while.

This one is not the best picture, but I was just so excited to see the MAIN Mouse himself! And yet, I didn't get in line!

Mickey and Pluto by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The gallery area was next up.

Jim Henson by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Walt and Mickey by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Spirit of Inspiration by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Spirit of Imagination by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Gallery 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Gallery 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I want this one. I should have bought something with it ... a print or a mug at least.

Gallery 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Walt's Peanuts by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sleeping Beauty Castle by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Gallery 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Look both ways! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We weren't the only cold ones! hahaha

Disney Gallery by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We decided to head on over to check in for our tour.

Rail Road by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The castle again... I love castles.

Trolley 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Trolley 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Guided Tour 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

There was someone ahead of us, so I took some pictures in that area while we waited. And watched some CMs literally wipe down all the benches so people could sit. Have I mentioned that I love Disney?

Guided tour 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hidden area by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We got all checked in. In case anyone is wondering, I had to show my ID and the credit card I used to book the tour. We were doing the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. (I'm about to cry right now, I want to go back!) We picked our drinks and our sandwiches and we got these little cards to tie on us so that we were "marked" as part of the tour.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #93
Camilo
1992 (WDW) 1998 (WDW and DLR) 2006 (WDW) 2007 (DLR) 2010 and 2011 (WDW) and 2013 (DCL Wonder)

Hi there...

I am really enjoying your trip report, the many pictures and the great style you write with a sense of humor.

I went to Disneyland in 1998 when it was still a single park and again in 2007. In both instances, I only spent one day there and it was really rushed.

My wife and two kids don't know Disneyland yet, so I am thinking about planning a trip for this year or next.

It really looks like you enjoyed your offsite hotel, many people say good things about HoJo, so I am considering to stay there. Is it a lot more expensive for a room with a view?

thank you, Camilo
Camilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #94
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo View Post
Hi there...

I am really enjoying your trip report, the many pictures and the great style you write with a sense of humor.

I went to Disneyland in 1998 when it was still a single park and again in 2007. In both instances, I only spent one day there and it was really rushed.

My wife and two kids don't know Disneyland yet, so I am thinking about planning a trip for this year or next.

It really looks like you enjoyed your offsite hotel, many people say good things about HoJo, so I am considering to stay there. Is it a lot more expensive for a room with a view?

thank you, Camilo
Thanks, Camilo! I'm having fun writing it and reliving the trip.

I really liked the HoJo. It was close, the room was clean and big and the staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms seem way more expensive right now for next March break, even with the discount I had. It's showing that it's about $30 a night more for the Disney view than for the cheapest room. They have different room categories too. We think it was totally worth it. The fact that Blanche could see the fireworks from her bed was pretty incredible!

I hope you enjoy your trip! Good luck with planning.

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #95
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Waiting some more

March 18, 2012: Part 7: Waiting some more

After we checked in and I proved that I was actually me and not some fraudster trying to be the Disney Freak from PEI, we decided to continue browsing the shops.... Actually, Blanche found a wall that needed some holding up, inside a store since it was still chilly outside, and I wandered around taking pictures in the shops on the opposite side of Main Street.

Lost parents by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I noticed the mail boxes this trip. Do they have them at Walt Disney World? I've never noticed them before.

Mail Box by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Transportation by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

One of my closest friends is a volunteer firefighter here in PEI. I like to take pictures of anything fire fighterish when I see it.

[img]http://*****************************/7084932773_0978581947_b.jpg[/img]
Fire Hall 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I liked the old pot bellied stove in the corner too. I should have gone over to get some closeups.

Fire Hall 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Fire Hall 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Fire Hall 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Does anyone know the names of the horses that are listed on the stalls? I do, because I have pictures of them. I will not post them now though, let's see if anyone else noticed that little detail.

Into the shops I go... wishing I had a higher paying job!

Shop by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I like that Mickey is wearing a Pluto hat!

Mickey wearing Pluto hat by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Monorail by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Train by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I would definitely buy a Dooney.

Dooney by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I only wish Disney had rooms to try on their clothing. It's annoying to have to return things when they don't fit right! I wish I'd bought this one to try on.

cute shirt 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Love the watches, not the price tags.

lovely, expensive watches by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Another shirt I wanted to buy and try on.... but didn't, unfortunately.

Cute shirt by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Do you look up in the stores? There is usually something to look at!

Store 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Store 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Shopping 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I'm not a big fan of these ones...

Not so cute by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Up next: Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #96
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

A Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour

March 18, 2012, Part 8: A Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour

It seemed like I'd been waiting all morning for this tour to start, and I mean it felt like forever. But, it was only 9:20 or so when I finally met our tour guide, Christine. You will laugh, because she looks very grumpy in some of her pictures, but she was not. She was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed her humor and her expertise. We had a few laughs along the way, sometimes at my expense.

We had a few minutes to wait for all the small group, so I snapped a picture of some more characters as we waited.

Pinocchio by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

There was a married couple with annual passes who lived minutes from the park. There was a mother and a soon to be 21 year old son from Washington State and there was Blanche and me. A small group, but very personal and friendly. In fact, Andrew was the name of the young man, and he saw me a few days later in DCA and called me by name!

Tour Guide by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The Mad Hatter came over to see what she was talking about. Christine told him that she was telling us all about him. He said something along the lines of "Go on. I want to see if you're telling the truth." She said that he was nice and smart. He said "Oh, I'm outta here, you're lying already!"

Mad Hatter 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Mad Hatter 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Christine explained that she was allowed to carry an umbrella and not wear the normal (some of it anyways) uniform because it was supposed to rain that day.

Tour Guide 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Walt by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Alice by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wonder how many times Blanche and I are in other people's vacation photos... or any of you for that matter!

Tour Guide 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Walt 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I listened to Christine and participated in the conversation while snapping pictures all around me.

Train Station by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tomorrowland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Partners by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tour Guide 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Partners 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

White Rabbit by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Partners 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

That's where the Main Street part of the tour ended. I will end this post now, because otherwise, I'll meet the picture limit and have to stop anyway! Hope I'm not boring you with all the pictures!

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #97
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I think the Mad Hatter is my favorite face character. He is so much fun!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #98
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think the Mad Hatter is my favorite face character. He is so much fun!
I know this one sure was fun! I love his face, and Christine's (blurry though) in the one where he's walking away.

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #99
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I know this one sure was fun! I love his face, and Christine's (blurry though) in the one where he's walking away.

We at one point or another took our kids to Goofy's Kitchen for their birthdays. We took our daughter Kody for her 8th birthday. Because her name has an odd spelling I called more than once to remind them how it was spelled for the cake. We got there had our meal and they brought the cake out. The Mad Hatter helped to bring the cake out. It was spelled with a C, she was crestfallen. The Mad Hatter thinking quickly ran into the kitchen for the frosting bag and made a big show of changing the C into a K. He made it seem like that was the plan all along. He saved the day! She giggled and loved the special attention. He has been a favorite ever since.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #100
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We at one point or another took our kids to Goofy's Kitchen for their birthdays. We took our daughter Kody for her 8th birthday. Because her name has an odd spelling I called more than once to remind them how it was spelled for the cake. We got there had our meal and they brought the cake out. The Mad Hatter helped to bring the cake out. It was spelled with a C, she was crestfallen. The Mad Hatter thinking quickly ran into the kitchen for the frosting bag and made a big show of changing the C into a K. He made it seem like that was the plan all along. He saved the day! She giggled and loved the special attention. He has been a favorite ever since.
I would totally love him after that experience too. That's a wonderful story! What a beautiful memory to have.

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #101
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I would totally love him after that experience too. That's a wonderful story! What a beautiful memory to have.

Thankfully my husband video taped the whole thing.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #102
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I love the Mad Hatter too after that story. Wonderful bit of magic!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #103
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post

tksbaskets, it was one of those magical Disney moments.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #104
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thankfully my husband video taped the whole thing.
That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
So true!

Quote:
tksbaskets, it was one of those magical Disney moments.
Exactly true!

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #105
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

A Walk in Walt's footsteps some more, and my first ride!

March 18, 2012, part 9: Walk in Walt's Footsteps some more...

We last left off with me snapping pictures while listening to our tour guide's stories. Two things she mentioned were that all CMs wear black shoes unless they are in costume that has special shoes, and that they have special gardeners that take care of different plants, some are only only flowers, some are only trees etc. That explains how everything looks perfect. She also said that all the flowers are real.

Off to 'dventureland'! Guess I didn't pay attention taking this picture!

Adventureland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We talked about the plants and flowers, and since I know that Blanche loves the flowers, I took pictures of a bunch while we chatted.

Plants by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Greenery by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Flower 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Flower 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Flower 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And soon it was time to get on my first ride!

Christine borrowed my camera to get some pictures of me on my first ever Disneyland ride. Here we are waiting... do I look excited?

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Look at Blanche, she was literally wearing 4 layers (and a pair of gloves and my big thick mittens).

Our TG led us to the accessible entrance and we were the first on the next boat. Yes, it was Jungle Cruise!

Jungle Cruise B2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Our skipper, Ryan, was awesome! He had us all in stitches. After the ride was over, Christine even told him how great he was.

Jungle Cruise 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Bye!

Jungle Cruise 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Here are a few of the pictures I took on the ride.

Jungle Cruise 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 8 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 9 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

See how much the guy across from me is laughing? Ryan was that good that he had the whole boat going.

Jungle Cruise 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They're still loving him!

Jungle Cruise 11 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise 12 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jungle Cruise was a great first ride! I loved it. There were ducks swimming all around, and before we got off Ryan reminded us that all the animals on the cruise were real, except for the ducks!

My Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: