Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #76
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 18, 2012, Part 3: Plaza Inn ... MORE characters?

I don't think I was able to even go look at the buffet yet, I was too busy playing with the characters!

Tigger B 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Minnie 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

By then Blanche was back.

Chip by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Chip and Dale are so much fun!

Chip and Dale 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Chip and Dale 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Chip and Dale 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Chip and Dale 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Minnie took a few minutes to gaze out the window.

Minnie B by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then someone came peeking through the window! He made me giggle, but he looked so sad.

Peeking Eeyore by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Captain Hook came back to flirt some more.

Hook, the player by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki really likes the camera.... and the camera likes him too!

Rafiki B1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki B2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki B3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki B4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche had been able to get some food, but I don't think I had been able to yet!

Eeyore 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

This one didn't quite turn out like I'd wanted.... well, my face didn't!

Eeyore B by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki came by for more pictures.

Rafiki B5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki B6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Purple Perla! (I had only counted ten characters at first, thinking that only Suzy OR Perla was at breakfast... I only realized the difference when I came home and was going through the pictures on my computer!)

Purple Perla by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Perla by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I finally ran to get some food. I can't say it wasn't bad, but I didn't have much time to sit and enjoy it! This was the busiest character meal I've ever been to! But it was worth it.

Breakfast by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; 04-20-2012 at 05:05 PM.
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #77
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 18, 2012, Part 4: More Plaza Inn (Guess I better go back and fix Crystal Palace in the other ones! hahahaha... I'm wanting to go on another trip and there are good flights to Orlando and free dining in late August... I must have Crystal Palace on the brain!

Minnie came back again.

Minnie by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

and Rafiki

Rafiki 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki better by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rafiki B7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Daisy stopped by too.

Daisy by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Daisy B by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I know that it seemed really confusing with all these character pictures in a weird order, but they are actually posted in order. My cameras save the pictures chronologically and that's the order! So the characters really popped in and out all the time. I can imagine how fun it would be here with 'real' children... not just 'children at heart'. It was definitely worth it and I would easily go back again... because I will be back in California. When it's warmer! And when the Matterhorn is not closed.... and when Carsland is open!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #78
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Love the report and all the gorgeous photos!!! Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks! Don't worry... there are more. I took less than 5000 pictures this time. I wasn't feeling all that well, I guess! (Seriously, I thought I'd end up with about 9000!)

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #79
yoyo93
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, those pictures are TOO CUTE. I can tell you gals really had fun with the characters. If you don't mind me asking what are Suzy and Perla from? They look familiar, but I don't remember?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #80
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo93 View Post
Oh my gosh, those pictures are TOO CUTE. I can tell you gals really had fun with the characters. If you don't mind me asking what are Suzy and Perla from? They look familiar, but I don't remember?
Thanks. We like to have fun! Suzy and Perla are two of Cinderella's friends. "Leave the sewing to the women."

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #81
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Oh you have convinced me that I need to book this for my sons bday! Now to convince DH

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #82
dave 2
Mouseketeer

Wow just finished reading your report. we were considering DL for our March break(1week earlier in NB) but I just had too many questions which some you answered. My wife is also a teacher so March break or summer for us. Maybe next year with a few unpaid leave days since it is so far. How was the Hollywood tour? worth it?

we are also consideringnthe HoJo and you convinced me a top floor with view would be the best! We've been to WDW 3 times with the kids but would like to see Walt's original park. I could tell by your clothing that it wasn't warm. so it was cooler than should've been?
dave 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #83
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Oh you have convinced me that I need to book this for my sons bday! Now to convince DH
Good luck! I think it is totally worth it. Hopefully your hubby will be convinced too. The character interaction is awesome, and I'm sure it would be even better with children around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 2 View Post
Wow just finished reading your report. we were considering DL for our March break(1week earlier in NB) but I just had too many questions which some you answered. My wife is also a teacher so March break or summer for us. Maybe next year with a few unpaid leave days since it is so far. How was the Hollywood tour? worth it?

we are also consideringnthe HoJo and you convinced me a top floor with view would be the best! We've been to WDW 3 times with the kids but would like to see Walt's original park. I could tell by your clothing that it wasn't warm. so it was cooler than should've been?
One week was great, if you can get the right flights. We were supposed to arrive before noon, and then leave the next Saturday at 10pm. It meant basically 7.5 days. It was lovely. If you want to see more, like Universal, San Diego etc, you would probably need more time, if you're big Disney fans like me.

I liked the Hollywood tour, it was fun to see things and our bus driver was great. I would assume each tour is a little different because of the driver - they can't actually follow a script while driving. I don't know if it's something I would do each and every time, but I'd probably do it again. I wouldn't have been to the Farmer's Market, Venice Beach or the Walk of Fame otherwise.

We loved our Hojo room. And Blanche could see the fireworks from her bed! She was lying in her bed some nights watching fireworks. Talk about a good view.

The weather was colder than usual. It had been a good winter there, but was colder that week than earlier, from what people told us. The first few days we had highs of 15/16 but lows of 7-10 too. We did hit 27, but it was windy the whole week. It was still lovely, but I want to go back sometime when it is warm!

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #84
dave 2
Mouseketeer

BTW how were the crowds compared to WDW in your opinion for this time of the year?
dave 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #85
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 2 View Post
BTW how were the crowds compared to WDW in your opinion for this time of the year?
I am not overly bothered by the crowds. It's been a while since I was at WDW in March, but I found I did a lot. I followed touring plans and avoided waits that were too long. And I was new to Disney at that point. I had gone before I discovered the Dis as well, so that didn't help.

I did find that from Monday-Thursday it was great. Not long rides. I was able to get a fastpass for Indy on Sunday in the evening, but by the next Friday and Saturday you could feel a difference. Wait times were way longer. So all in all, it was great until the following weekend, if that is accurate with most years, you might be fine for your week!

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #86
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Window Shopping!

March 18, 2012, Part 5 : Window Shopping!

After escaping the hold of the flirtatious, yet sometimes dangerous, pirate, (Did I mention that I told Captain Hook that he was sweet and must be misunderstood? That he's not really bad... And he held his hand up to say "just a little bit!"? If I did, sorry, if not, I thought he had a cute reaction!) we were magically transported to a beautiful street in an old American village. We decided to browse the shops on this street while heading down the street towards the Town Square where we had an appointment scheduled.

Blanche had a bottle of ketchup thrown on her by one of the store clerks who must have been surprised by my fancy new-fangled camera and her futuristic clothing. (The CM working in the Magic store is my kind of guy. Blanche walked in and he said “Someone forgot their ketchup here.” And squeezed a bottle of ketchup at her, causing the cover to fly off (attached by a string). She screamed and I laughed!)

Plaza Inn outdoor seating 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Plaza Inn outdoor seating by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Since I love to take pictures... (Flashback story - I was in university when I bought my first SLR, and when I showed my father, he asked how much it cost me. I pretended I didn't hear him and went to my room. He asked again and my mother answered him while I pretended I didn't hear.... I heard a "WHAT?" and still pretended to be oblivious to his reaction. I came out a few minutes later and he said "Well, at least I know it's not going to go to waste!" It took me 6 years to learn how to use it and take it off auto, but I loved it. Within another year I bought a DSLR. (Canon Eos Rebel XT) I took over 12,000 pictures with it before I upgraded to the T1i, which I bought in November 2009. I have taken over 16,000 pictures with it since then, and I now have the kit lens, a big zoom and a fast lens.... and I'm looking for another one and a flash soon... since the lovely folks on the photography board talked me into that instead of a new camera and they are right!) So, as I was saying: Since I love taking pictures, I had to take pictures of the "Photo Supply store".

Photography Supplies by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Photography stuff by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Disney... Christmas... Shopping...

Some of my favorites!

[
Ornaments by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Beauty and the Beast by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I didn't buy anything, but I took pictures... many pictures! I'll only post a few. Sometimes I just take pictures of cute things, sometimes I take pictures of things I want to remember to buy later!

Minnie by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hotel by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Ticket taker by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Movie Theatre 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I like how some of these heads are closer... a few "couples"...

Movie Theatre 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Movie Theatre 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sorry about the red eyes. I forgot to fix them.

Theatre B by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Movie Theatre 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I loved this and made a mental (and photographic) note to buy one later. It was one of those deals where if you spent a certain amount of money, you could buy it for a special price. They had a gold one and it was priced at $40-$50.

Castle Throw by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I made another note to get one of these. I'd wanted to buy one in 09, but didn't. And I forgot again! Oh well, I guess it means I'll have to go back and buy one! Hee hee hee

Disney Parks by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love his shorts.

Darth Goofy by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Cute glasses by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #87
Pimama
Mouseketeer

Loving the pictures, thanks for sharing!! I can't believe how empty the Plaza was for your breakfast and how many characters were there. We haven't been there for breakfast since around 2002 and we definitely didn't have that much interaction. I was a rookie then so we probably did a walk up during the busiest time, now I know better!
I look forward to future updates!

Pimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #88
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimama View Post
Loving the pictures, thanks for sharing!! I can't believe how empty the Plaza was for your breakfast and how many characters were there. We haven't been there for breakfast since around 2002 and we definitely didn't have that much interaction. I was a rookie then so we probably did a walk up during the busiest time, now I know better!
I look forward to future updates!
I know all about rookie mistakes! I love getting in to the parks early for breakfasts. I figure most people didn't want to be around for 7:10am! Good luck and I highly recommend the Plaza Inn again for you! I'll keep plugging away at the TR, don't worry! I want to keep looking at all my pictures and remember the trip anyway!

My Trip Reports:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #89
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

I am getting so excited for our trip now. Its great seeing fellow canadians and see how they lived it up!

How long of a flight was it for you, you may have mentioned it but I missed it!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #90
tffnyjean
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your TR and all the pics! Great job! Thank you for writing it!
tffnyjean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: