Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post
I love! I can picture Anne Shirley holding hands with Gilbert Blythe on the top pf the bluff...
Now that you've pointed that out, I can too! My friend put the Anne books on her Kobo (I think you can download them for free!) and I might be borrowing them during the trip. It's been a LONG time since I've read them.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Florida View Post
Hi Dorothy! (aka DisneyFreak06)
This is Blanche your traveling buddy! Love to read your "stories"! You do such a great job with the reports there is really nothing I can add to make them better! Can you believe we will be at Disneyland in less then 2 months! So exciting. And this trip better have me and a healthier hip/leg. We are going to walk in Walt's footsteps. We really did decide in a quick change of mind, but I know I can't wait to go on this trip...but we will miss our third "Golden Girl" Rose. We promised her a special treat. hee hee hee
OOPS! I guess it's been a while since I've been on here!

Hi Blanche! I can't wait. One month from today and we'll be doing the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour! We will miss Rose, but we'll have fun! And we have SO much time!!! I can't wait!!!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! (If anyone is still there! )

We didn't get any Ellen tickets.

We have changed a few things around. The day we arrive, we are going to check in, and assuming that our room is not ready, we will head leave our luggage at the hotel and head to DTD for food. Either La Breagh Bakery or maybe Rainforest Cafe. We've never eaten there before and it looks like fun.

We will have to get our tickets too, our 8 day park hoppers are all good.

We'll do some shopping (and picture taking) and then head back to the hotel to put our things in our room. I can take my camera to DTD but I don't feel like taking it to the Outlet.

We'll head to the Disney Character Warehouse next to do some shopping there. Not at the other stores, just the Disney outlet. (Have you noticed anything yet?)

We may or may not (depending on how tired we are) head in to DL for a little bit. Otherwise, it will be supper at Mimi's and then bed... and fireworks from the balcony if we can manage to stay up.

On Sunday we have the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. We will probably head back to the room to rest, because we're planning to hit DL for Fantasmic and some rides, trying to last as long as we can. It is a four hour time difference, so it might be hard to last until midnight.

As of today, the plan is to do the Tour of Hollywood on Monday, some other shopping at the Citadel Outlets (Any opinions?) on Friday morning, and to focus on the parks, DTD and the Disney hotels through the rest of the week.

We will do lots of rides, see as many shows as possible, and do tons of shopping. When we did a 3 day shopping trip to WDW (no parks, just shopping at an outlet mall, DTD and Disney hotels) I spent about $100. That was July 2009, and then in Aug 2009, I went to WDW to do the parks, and spent another $1000. My visa was a little worn in after that!!!

I plan on being pickier this trip, but still shopping!

And as far as taking pictures, I have a DSLR and I love to take pictures. I'm not the best, but I take TONS. Since I've gone digital, I have taken over 9000 pictures in Disney, and I've only been digital on my last three trips. I have a feeling I'll take more than 9000 pictures on this trip alone. I hope you all like pictures!

My Trip Reports:
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Latest plans

Here is our latest plans:

Saturday, March 17

Land at LAX, take Disneyland Express Bus to HOJO. (booked and pre-paid!)
Check in to HOJO, leave bags there (assuming room is not ready) and take camera, heading to DTD. Pick up park tickets. Maybe check to see if we can buy the coupon booklet thingy. Lunch at either Rainforest Cafe or La Breagh Bakery. Shop & pictures at DTD.

Head back to hotel, take things to room. Take ART to the Character Wharehouse store, either ART or taxi back depending on what we buy!

Supper at Mimi's (probably) and if we have energy we'll head to DL for a little visit. We probably won't because of the 4 hour time difference, so we'll watch fireworks and drink hot chocolate on the balcony before bed.

Sunday:

7:10 breakfast at Minnie and Friends! (booked)
9:30 Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour (booked)

We'll probably head back to rest after the tour, but we'll see. We hope to be in the park for the second showing of Fantasmic. I have ridemax, so we'll decide which area of the park we'll want to ride some rides in and plan it then. We've decided that since we have so much time, we'll visit the parks by sections. (And it helps Blanche since she has the whole hip/leg thing going on)

Monday:

Hollywood/LA bus tour. (booked)

Probably head to DL for fireworks

Tuesday:

Morning Madness - we'll focus on Fantasyland, because we do like to ride almost everything.

Stay in the park a while longer. Maybe head back to hotel for a break. We would love to see WOC Tuesday night, so I'll have to head over to get our fastpasses.

We may or may not head back to DL after WOC.

Wednesday:

We would like to eat breakfast at La Breagh Bakery and then head to DCA for a bit.

Thursday:

Plaza Inn for lunch at some point.

Friday:

Citadel outlets for the morning. We have a list of stores we want to hit and we're trying to keep it short. Without the third Golden Girl, we won't feel the shopping as much.

We will be in the parks in the evening for sure.

Saturday:

9:00 breakfast at Goofy and Friends

We'll visit the parks, see shows we haven't seen or want to see again, ride the attractions we want to re-ride etc.

Our flight home leaves at around 9:30 or 10:00pm so we'll see what time the Disneyland Express bus picks us up.

That's all for now. We do want to ride as many things as we can and see as many shows as we can, eat as much lovely snacks and food as we can and shop as much as we can.... and I'll take as many pictures as I can too!!!

Less than three weeks!!!

My Trip Reports:
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, especially the Walk with Walt tour!

Sounds like a fun agenda!
TK
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I'm in! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, especially the Walk with Walt tour!

Sounds like a fun agenda!
TK
Welcome! I see you found me! I can't wait. I'm almost at single digits!

My Trip Reports:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #22
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Hooray! Almost there! It was almost 93 degrees when I left Santa Ana yesterday. It's 47 in Seattle. Boo!

Can't wait for all of the photos!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post
Hooray! Almost there! It was almost 93 degrees when I left Santa Ana yesterday. It's 47 in Seattle. Boo!

Can't wait for all of the photos!
ooh! 93 sounds perfect! I love that kind of temperature! And about those photos... there will be many!!!

My Trip Reports:
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh your trip is so close!! I am joining in.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #25
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Single digits!

Doing the single digit dance!!! :cloud 9:

But scared because there is still talks of an Air Canada strike! It would take us 3 days to drive.... so it's not going to happen if there is a strike!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh your trip is so close!! I am joining in.
Welcome!

My Trip Reports:
Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #26
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed that there won't be a strike Your trip will be here before you know it! Enjoy your single digit countdown!!
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Little Miss E and I hope/know you will have a great time! Looking forward to seeing your post trip review/pictures.

PS: don't worry about Air Canada, I just heard the Federal Government is blocking any work stoppage

LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Doing the single digit dance!!! :cloud 9:

But scared because there is still talks of an Air Canada strike! It would take us 3 days to drive.... so it's not going to happen if there is a strike!!!!

Welcome!

Thank you!!

A little bit of Pixie dust for no strike!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Strike looks like it might have been stopped! I hope pixie dust really worked!

My Trip Reports:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Strike looks like it might have been stopped! I hope pixie dust really worked!
Oh I hope so!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: