Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #256
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Isn't it fun making books and calendars? So much more fun than sticking pictures in the old sticky albums!

I've finished my two Disneyland photobooks, and the wedding cd is almost ready. I had another photoshoot of a family the other day (I sound like a pro, but it's all volunteer and they pay us if they like- we are just always sure to say we're not pros!!! We are just learning after all.) that's almost done too.

My classroom was sad that I wasn't there and cried. Yes, my ceiling pipes leaked and the ceiling tiles collapsed. I had everything in the middle of my room as per directions from custodial/admin staff. And that's where it all collapsed! So my room won't be ready for a while. I might just need to start a trip report instead!

The scope for your imagination is unbelievable when you do them this way. But I do enjoy scrap booking too!!

It sounds like you enjoy doing the photo shoots and that is what matters.

Oh no your poor classroom!! You will definitely be busy fixing it up. I will read your trip report if you start one!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #257
FourM's
Mouseketeer

I just got done reading your whole trip report, LOVED it all! Especially enjoyed all of the pictures, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

DVC-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
FourM's is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #258
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The scope for your imagination is unbelievable when you do them this way. But I do enjoy scrap booking too!!

It sounds like you enjoy doing the photo shoots and that is what matters.

Oh no your poor classroom!! You will definitely be busy fixing it up. I will read your trip report if you start one!!
It wasn't too, too bad. My chair got soaked, and a little table, as well as some posters and bulletin board items, a book shelf and chart paper. The chart paper and tons of posters etc had to be thrown out. My chair is okay, a book shelf is bubbly and kind of ruined, but it still works, and it was cheap. The little table is actually an old cable roll that looks like a spool of thread and I painted Mickey heads on it. It's still okay, but I forgot about it until it got rolled back to my room yesterday and now I'm not sure where to put it! And the kids come tomorrow. Oh well. We'll figure something out.

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #259
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourM's View Post
I just got done reading your whole trip report, LOVED it all! Especially enjoyed all of the pictures, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading! And thanks on the pictures. I really do love taking pictures.

Come on over and join my newest Trip report.

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #260
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

It's started!!!!

The trip to make up for the cold!!!

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #261
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Just found your trip report. What kind of camera do you have and what lenses do you use most often?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #262
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Just found your trip report. What kind of camera do you have and what lenses do you use most often?
Welcome!

When I went to California, I had a Canon T1i, and I had kept my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 on for most of the trip. I used my Canon G11 some, (usually letting Blanche use it), and I also put on my Canon 70-200mm f/4 for Fantasmic, the parade and for Aladdin.

This past trip, I celebrated paying off my student loans (maybe a little early for one of them, since I'm paying it off this week, but I wanted them for the trip! LOL) I bought a Canon 60D and a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 lens. I used that most, but I also used my zoom and my others. I have a wide angle too, but I don't think I used it all too often, since the 17-55 is almost wide on my crop camera.

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #263
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Welcome!

When I went to California, I had a Canon T1i, and I had kept my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 on for most of the trip. I used my Canon G11 some, (usually letting Blanche use it), and I also put on my Canon 70-200mm f/4 for Fantasmic, the parade and for Aladdin.

This past trip, I celebrated paying off my student loans (maybe a little early for one of them, since I'm paying it off this week, but I wanted them for the trip! LOL) I bought a Canon 60D and a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 lens. I used that most, but I also used my zoom and my others. I have a wide angle too, but I don't think I used it all too often, since the 17-55 is almost wide on my crop camera.
Enjoyed the report and your pics. I have the 60d as well. I wish I had upgraded the lens and just bought the body but I didn't. Oh well.
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #264
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Enjoyed the report and your pics. I have the 60d as well. I wish I had upgraded the lens and just bought the body but I didn't. Oh well.
Thanks! I LOVE the 60d. It is such fun to use. Can't go back in time, but you can sell the lens that came with your 60d and get another one.... I think I'll just be buying body only from now on. I have the lenses I want, for the most part. Next up is a flash and then a macro lens.

My Trip Reports:
Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #265
KCmike

On my xti I had the 18-55is. I went out immediately and purchased the 55-250is. Love that lens. Then I went out and purchased the 50mm 1.8. Completed the holy trinity of beginner's lenses. I stuck there but rent the 10-22 ultra wide on occasion. Would like to try shooting with the 17-55 2.8 next. I've seen good things. See you on your WDW trip report.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: