Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #211
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Purchases for March 21st:

At 8:36am, I bought the Space Mountain 5x7 picture with the download for $16.11

In case you’re wondering, the chilli in the bread bowl and a diet coke was $13.23. Blanche either got a bigger diet coke, or paid less for hers! It was very weird.

At 12:47 I made a large purchase at the Pioneer Bonanza

Red Capri gym material pants $34.95
Red top to go with pants $34.95
Mickey Mouse Fuzzy Dice for my car $7.95
Mickey Mouse Crocs (that look more like moccasins) $49.95
Minnie Mouse pink polka dot wallet $19.95
Mickey Mouse shape scissors $9.95
Something that says “DLR SOFT ONCE UPON” $7.95 (I can’t remember what it is. I’m thinking maybe playing cards?)
Black Mickey Mouse tote $13.95
DL watch $17.95

I ended up returning the red outfit. It was cute, but I just couldn’t think of spending $70 US on one little outfit to maybe wear to the gym or just around. If it was a dressy outfit to wear to something fancy, MAYBE, but I just couldn’t do it. It was adorable, but I didn’t “love” it for that price.

The popcorn bucket was $12

The ice cream cone (chocolate waffle cone) I bought was $4.51.

The flatbread pizza and pop was $11.83 And I can’t believe I didn’t take a picture of it!
Oh right! After the fireworks, we went to Pooh’s corner and got treats. I bought an oreo brownie that cost $4.26. It was yummy. Blanche bought some treats too.

Then we stopped at the Mint Julep Bar again and I bought a hot chocolate in a souvenir cup (I love the cups! I have tons) for $6.24.

Here’s the outfit. I was going to e-mail my sister’s and ask what they thought. (Sorry, they were both taken with my phone... a Blackberry, not the best for camera phones!)

Returned outfit by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And the crocs, that I wear almost every day they are so comfy! I’m not a fan of regular crocs, but these are great! (And they hide my toes! LOL)

Cute crocs by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #212
DisneyFreaksis
Earning My Ears

Talking

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak06;45464897][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]March 21, Part 8: Pirates again and important news!

You think THAT was all I had for guilt? I don't think so! Well, it depends on the mug you bring me home...................
DisneyFreaksis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #213
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=DisneyFreaksis;45475649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]March 21, Part 8: Pirates again and important news!

You think THAT was all I had for guilt? I don't think so! Well, it depends on the mug you bring me home...................
You really need to learn how to quote properly! You want a mug, a towel... what else have you mentioned? You really want me to "buy" forgiveness? Plus all the work I already do for your books... Sheesh, you drive a hard bargain!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #214
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of DCA, I was too chicken to ride the moving bucket on Mickey's fun wheel. Have fun on your upcoming trip, where are you staying?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #215
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Great pictures of DCA, I was too chicken to ride the moving bucket on Mickey's fun wheel. Have fun on your upcoming trip, where are you staying?
Thanks! The swinging gondola was a lot of fun! I really loved it. You might need to see if Blanche chimes in to respond or not to see what she thought though!

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside this time. I am still trying to stay at as many resorts as I can. Even if eventually I make it one night a trip at some of the Deluxe resorts, then I will in order to try to check them off. I want to go back to the Grand Floridian one day too and really spend time there.

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #216
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 1: Oh no!

Blanche would read her Kobo late into the night and I’d try to fall asleep before her. She’d use her little light on it and that was fine. It wouldn’t bother me until I’d wake up and see that it was all still on, and she was sound asleep. One night, I got up and tried to put it away for her, but I sort of woke her up. I say sort of because she did not remember it the next day. She woke with a start, and started cursing at me! I guess it took her a second to know that it was me because she said that she didn’t know who I was when she woke up and I was standing over her bed. I felt bad, but at the same time, I was roaring laughing. She kept cursing at me and I kept laughing saying sorry!

Most nights I slept very well, and this past one was no exception. Poor Blanche did not though, and I hadn’t noticed. She had gotten up through the night sick. When we got up, she got all ready, we snacked on something in the room, she got dressed (and probably changed her shirt!) and then she said she’d better stay back that morning. We were going to meet in the plaza between the parks at a certain time.

Remember how every morning I’d get up to check our view… it wasn’t as crazy as you thought, because while we were getting ready, I decided to check on our view… and it was GONE!

Missing Matterhorn by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Foggy Morning by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

You could see clearly down below, at least. That would have been just a little too creepy for me otherwise!

I can see clearly now by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Missing Matterhorn by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

But, before I left for Disneyland, the view was slowly coming back.

Starting to clear up by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The walk was still short, but lonelier without Blanche. I was walking up the middle of Main Street USA by 8:55am. Because it was less wet that morning, they had people eating outside at the Plaza restaurant. I wanted to ride Star Tours again, so I was in line before 9am.

On my way by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Love this sign by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Main Street by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Captain Hook by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

In line by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Star Tours by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Space Ship by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I looked at this line, and I had no idea what it was for. I think it was actually a line to see Tinkerbell, but I could be wrong. I guess if I went with kids more often, I might end up in those lines, but for now, I like finding my characters at meals and in shows and parades, not waiting for 40 minutes or more to see them.

A huge line by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Bus by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #217
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 2: Indiana Jones

I decided I wanted to ride Indy again, so I went over and asked if they had a single rider line. They did, and I had to walk in the exit. I found it very confusing. At one point, you went up an elevator, turned left and then went down another elevator. I was kind of lost then, because I thought I was at a dead end!

Frontierland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tom Sawyer Island by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tarzan's Treehouse by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tarzan's Treehouse by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

[img]http://*****************************/7577712344_ba3a74b1b5_b.jpg[/img]
Indiana Jones by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Have I mentioned lately how much I want to go back to California? Especially to DL? I love to travel, and I always want to go back to where ever I’ve been… going through all this REALLY makes me want to go back! Don’t get me wrong, I get all jumpy and “eeekey” when I think that I’ve got 2 days and 3 sleeps left before I go to WDW, but DL was a pretty amazing place too!

It was weird walking “backwards” and some people looked at me really funny, but it sure made for some people free pictures!

I really do love the Indiana Jones ride. I think they should keep the show at Hollywood Studios (because it’s fun) but get the ride too!

By the time I got off Indiana Jones, I realized it was time to head to DCA. I wanted to get in line for Toy Story Midway Mania because I had to ride it once. I don’t understand exactly what the huge deal it is, why the lines are always so long (kind of like Soarin’), I like the ride, but I’m not going to wait an hour or two for it!

Main Street by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

City Hall by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; 07-15-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #218
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 3: Following the herd (crowd!) to Toy Story!

I entered California Adventure and went straight as in Do not pass go, directly to TSMM. Well, as straight as could in a park that was under construction and that I didn’t know all that well!

IMG_974 from raw by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I think everyone was heading there. I just followed the majority of the crowd.

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #219
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 4: Toy Story Midway Mania
I finally made it to the standby line (no fastpass at DCA for TSMM) before 10:10. The wait time posted was 40 minutes, and that was about right, because at 10:53, I took my last “on ride” photo.

I took tons of pictures of the posters. There are others I didn’t post on here.

[img]http://*****************************/7578020520_85c3164e12_b.jpg[/img]

Is that good?

Well, I bet the non-existing person beside me!

How do they do this?

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #220
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 5: Looking for a purse and Soarin’ over California!

I decided to head back towards the park entrance as it was getting closer to the time to meet Blanche (12pm I think). I got a fastpass for Soarin’ over California, snapped some pictures of the restaurant menu in case we wanted to eat there, and then got in the fastpass line for Soarin’. Like I said earlier, I like Soarin’ but it’s not an absolute favorite, and I won’t wait an extreme amount of time for it. I waited 60 minutes ONCE for it, and that was because my nephew really wanted to ride it the day we arrived and there were no fastpasses left. The trip was mostly for him, so we did. He was tortured by some little kid while I chatted with his mother! He still talks about it, 5 years later! And by talks about it, he talks about the child, not the ride!

I waited for Blanche in the wrong spot, and it took us a while to find each other, but it was a nice day. I actually called home on my cell, and chatted with a few people. I liked have that long distance thingy on my phone. I’d never phoned from my cell before, so I had always been tied to pay phones or hotel phones, this was nice.

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #221
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 6: California Adventure
We went in to DCA because we were hoping to watch Aladdin. We had lunch (got the yummy chicken strips- same as at WDW). I got a kids chicken strip meal, and they were the same as the adults, just less, with apple slices for my side. We went up towards Aladdin and found out that we’d be climbing up all the stairs and Blanche was not feeling up to it. We stayed around thinking about the next show and the Pixar Pals went by again so I snapped pictures of them.

Boo!

We decided not to wait for the next Aladdin show, but we were determined to see it eventually. We roamed some more shops…

He posed just for me! And I messed up and took a blurry picture! Grr… I need to focus more! I think I’ve learned a lot, even just since I got my new camera (June 4th, a new Canon 60d) and I’ve taken over 7500 pictures on it already!!! I’ve been tagging along with an incredible wedding photographer and learning from her too. (If you’re from PEI and lurking here, and you want a great photographer for family photos or a wedding, PM me and I’ll give you her name… She really is awesome and she’s friendly and nice. I only met her when she did my friend’s wedding in October, and we’re now friends and I tag along learning from her!)

Anyways, back to the blurry Mr. Incredible… It almost works though…

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #222
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 7: Alone again

I took this because she’s a tour guide!

And then Blanche went back to the hotel as she was still not feeling the greatest.

I went to Turtle Talk with Crush. It’s such a fun thing that Disney is so magical like this. I love when cartoon characters talk to the audience! The children ADORE it too.

This thing was pretty amazing. It showed us how to make it look like it was a movie, but it was just spinning really quickly with flashing lights.

IMG_4115 from aw by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Turtle Talk with Crush doesn’t fit in here as well as it fits in Epcot. I guess it IS animation, but still!

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #223
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 22, 2012, Part 8: Still Solo

I wandered around, but I felt lost without my friend! It’s funny, I can do whole solo trips and be fine, but when I have someone with me, I feel kind of funny without them! I think this trip coming up, I’m preparing myself for more alone time again. It’s a solo trip with a bunch of time with a great friend! LOL I wandered the shops, saw Muppet Vision 3D, which makes me laugh every time, and then was back at the hotel by 4pm.

I love when the guys on the TVs talk to each other!

There are more Muppet pictures. I went through and picked a bunch for Flickr and then picked a bunch for the trip report. If you click on one of the pictures, you’ll end up at my photostream and you’ll be able to see all my pictures that I have on Flickr, including the ones that I didn’t link to my trip report.

Not what I’d wear to a theme park, but her choice!

I guess I went back down to the little gift shop in the hotel (it was nice having it in the same building, to be honest) to get a few things. (See purchase section!)

I think this was the day we ate at McDonald’s on the way in to Downtown Disney. We did a little shopping, then Blanche left a little before I did. We tried to put on a movie, but for some reason my laptop kept skipping. I think it was Tangled.

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #224
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Purchases!

March 22, Purchases:

At the little gift shop, I bought a bunch of key chains as gifts for people back home, some orange juice, two bananas to go with breakfast, some root beer and some diet pepsi. $19.35 or $16.35 I have both written down!

At 7:00 I made a giant purchase at the World of Disney store. I love that store.

One of my sister’s had given me some money to get her kids some Easter gifts. I got 2 sets of princess dolls (she has 2 daughters, one has just turned 5, the other will be 2 in September and both are little Disney Freaks.) the sets were $12.95 each.
Mickey Mouse Bath Mitt (only 4 fingers!) $4.95
a 4 pack of sticky pads – I use them at school for labelling $9.95
Mickey Mouse muffin mold- red this time $14.95
Retro Mickey & Minnie Mouse salt and pepper shakers (in a car!) $14.95
Mickey Mouse glass cutting board $9.95
Mickey Mouse Nerd Purse $19.95
Mickey Mouse Sandwich Cutter $4.95
Mickey Mouse Salt and Pepper set (gift) $14.95
Castle Piggy Bank (for my sister to save and take her Disney Freak kids to a Disney park) $16.95
Mickey Mouse trivet $11.95
Key chain $4.95 (3 of them actually at that price)
Key chain $6.95
Yellow shirt $29.95
Yellow tank top $31.95
LSMMSKTCHDRMGRYMD (I think it means a purple tee shirt) $31.95
Neon pink top $17.95
Fuzzy blue Castle throw (This was what you could get cheaper if you bought so much… I definitely qualified! This one was a gift for the third Golden Girl… You know, the one I’m ditching at her book signing to be at Walt Disney World!) $17.95

Total spent $358.59! (I need to win the lottery, imagine my Disney house I would buy and fill!)

All of those shirts will make it on our trip to WDW, and they are already packed, so you might see them yet. If not, I’ll take pictures to show you, because I can’t find them on the website anymore.

The purse is like this, but only a purse!

Nerd Wallet

My Trip Reports:
Old 07-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #225
jwwi
DIS Veteran

I think you will love POR, it is my favorite moderate resort. Have fun on your trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: