Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #151
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I LOVE your Small World pictures!! What amazing pictures they are!!

You know if someone has a little one near me that says hi or smiles or whatever I react. I understood it when people did that with my kids, I think its nice when people do.
Thanks! I like them too. I rode the ride a few times, so there will be more later .

Most people understand, occasionally I get weird responses. I love seeing children from my school and the parents kind of look at me funny. I usually tell them I teach at their child's school. It's even funnier when the kids run up and hug me and the parents have no idea who I am!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #152
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Tomorrowland

March 20th, 2012, Part 8:

When I last left you, it was not even 9:30am and there were some rumblies in our tummies! We walked by Star Tours while looking for breakfast, and saw this:

Little wait by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

A wait time of 15 minutes for Star Tours, so in line for some intergalactic travelling we hopped!

Star Tours by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tomorrowland 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wish DL still had the Peoplemover. I love it at WDW.

Tomorrowland 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I enjoyed snapping pictures while in line.

Spiny Plant by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The little movies and things in line are fun.

R2D2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Travel ideas by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

C3PO by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wish Iíd got this guyís head too!

Travel vehicle by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Star Wars guys by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

R2D2 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

C3PO 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Anyone remember Short Circuit? This guy totally reminds me of Number 5.

Number 5? by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The ride was great! It was the first time Iíd been on Star Tours since they added the 3D and the various rides and I loved it! Iím *gasp* not a huge Star Wars fan, in fact, I donít know for sure if Iíve even seen any of the moviesÖ so technically I could be a fan, just not that Iím aware of yet! I have always loved Star Tours though, just because itís a fun ride, and anytime Iíve been at WDW and the line was short, Iíd hop in to ride it again. Truly, the refurb surpassed my expectations; all that rebel spy stuff is fun!

We saw another short wait time, so again, we hopped in line, ignoring our rumbling bellies.

Short Wait by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyearís Astrp Blasters.

Astro Blasters by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Ride info by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Astro Orbitor by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Little Green Alien by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyear 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyear 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Ride vehicles by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Any rides where you compete, well, I compete. I canít help it. I love to play board games and card games. I may not be competitive when it comes to sports, but where games are concerned, Iím in, and Iím in it to win it. I didnít take a picture of our scores this time, because Blanche didnít want me to! HahahaÖ Sheís not quite so competitive. And bragging is not very lady like! Hahahaha

Saw some spooky dudes outside. They must have been new Disney security because they were covered in armor and carrying guns. I didnít get too close to them. I get tagged for extra security at the airports, people must think Iím dangerous!

Tomorrowland 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We got in line for Astro Orbitor, Iíve never been on it at WDW. Then we watched it for a second and back-tracked out. We realized we didnít need to ride it!

Astro Orbitor 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So we kept on trucking to look for food.

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #153
tffnyjean
Mouseketeer

I love all your pictures!
tffnyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #154
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tffnyjean View Post
I love all your pictures!
Thanks! There are tons more to come! I think I have another 170 pictures to share, just for the rest of March 20th!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #155
dave 2
Mouseketeer

Keep them coming. We're planning our 1st DL trip and they are soo helpful!
dave 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #156
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 2 View Post
Keep them coming. We're planning our 1st DL trip and they are soo helpful!
Well you're in luck! They're coming now. I decided to do another post before heading to school to get my classroom organized. Home sick for 2 days and a bookshelf gets built in my room!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #157
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

A practically private pirate experience!

March 20, 2012, Part 9: A Practically Private Pirate Experience!

We had just dissed the Astro Orbitor, and were thinking about eating breakfast at the Liberty Belle Terrace, so we headed back out towards the hub. Sorry to bore you, but there will be some more castle pictures ahead. Feel free to scroll through them quickly if you are sick of castle pictures!

Castle 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Trolley by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Castle 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love seeing the wait times and information on these boards. Itís very helpful. So since I like something, I take a picture of it!

Park Information by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Adventureland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Liberty Belle Terrace by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche got the pancakes and egg platter. Iím the 36 year old singing in the youth choir at church in denial about being a grown upÖ so I got the Mickey pancakes!

Breakfast by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Mickey pancakes by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I loved the look of my pancakes, so cute! And they were YUMMY! I donít think that I have to have them when I go back, but I wouldnít mind! (Because I will be back! I just donít know when!!!)

Light fixture by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

After feeling sufficiently nourished, we decided to wander around New Orleanís Square. It has such a fun feel to it, and it reminds me of Port Orleans French Quarter. We spent three nights there in 2009 and I love that resort. Maybe itís the ďFrench/AcadianĒ in me that I have like my Cajun cousins!

New Orleans Square 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

New Orleans Square 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Lady pirate by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

More balconies by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty Stairs by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

While standing there snapping pictures in that little courtyard, some pirates came down the stairs. They were hilarious, telling me no pictures and stuff, and then they pulled a woman who was nearby out and I snapped her picture too. I got her e-mail and e-mailed it to her. It was a fun little experience at DL that only the four of us standing in the courtyard had Ė no one else.

No pictures please by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

No pictures please 2! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pirate 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pirate 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Balconies by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Seeing as weíd eaten, it was now time for another breakÖ I love the signs at Disneyland and at WDW. Do they do the same at the other parks, I wonder?

Ladies room by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And of course, some pretty flowers!

More flowers by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Iíll stop there because they only allow me to post 25 pictures at a time, and Haunted Mansion is next. That requires more than 2 pictures! Hahaha.

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #158
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 20, 2012, Part 10: Haunted Mansion

By 11:10 we were in line for one of our absolute favorite rides, Haunted Mansion. We love this. We laugh, we get spooked and we laugh. If you havenít read my 2010 trip report (it is in my signature), please do, if only for the Haunted Mansion story. I also remember riding in 2007 when I took my nephew. He loves it because I wasnít being spooked by the ride at all. Then at one point we were going backwards, and the car behind us (that we were facing) was going sideways. The man in the doom buggy that we could see reached out to point at something, and I screamed! The ride wasnít scary, but a strangerís arm was. I guess that might be part of why I love it so much, for the fun memories.

I think this was a time there was a little girl in line with us who was scared. So we talked to her and told her that before the ride is scarier than the ride. We told her that the lights will go out and to hold on to someoneís hand. She was absolutely adorable, and would only listen to us! She didnít trust her family at all! So funny.

Haunted Mansion 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Look at the wait time!!!

Haunted Mansion 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Have I mentioned that I love the building? And the ride? I would LOVE to be getting in line for Haunted Mansion right now! I could cry because I donít have a Disney trip planned right nowÖ

Haunted Mansion 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 8 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 9 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 11 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 12 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 13 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 14 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 15 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 16 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 17 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 18 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 19 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 20 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 21 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

A few of the bride. Itís hard to get a good shot of her!

Haunted Mansion 22 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I donít know why she went all green in this one, but I kind of like it!

Haunted Mansion 23 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 24 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Iíll post some of my inside the ride shots in my next post. Itís hard when weíre limited to 25 pictures and I have about 30 pictures that I might show you! Hahaha.

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #159
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 20, 2012, Part 11: Browsing more shops

Here are the last few HM pictures I wanted to share. I am not totally happy with my Haunted Mansion pictures, but they are better than the last time I went, so thatís good. Either Iím improving, or my camera equipment is improving! Hahahaha

Haunted Mansion 25 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 26 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 27 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion 28 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We decided we wanted to head out of the park because we really wanted to get to the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton. We wanted to do the outlet store before doing most of our Disney shopping because sometimes that can settle some of my need to Disney shop, but at a better rate!
So we walked around through out of the park, all the while saying ďoh, we HAVE to get on the Columbia, and the RiverboatÖĒ etc. And while weíre doing that, weíre enjoying the fact that itís warmed up some and I took my socks off! Hahaha Of course, I was taking lots of pictures while doing thisÖ well, not taking off my socks, but walking out of the park.

Columbia by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Canoe by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sorry for the boring picture names. In my computer I just leave them numbered, but itís worse on flickr to name them ďIMG_5623 etc.Ē

Pretty 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Yeah, those last ones were similar. But I like them, and Iím the one who gets to pick the pictures for posting!

Water by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Flowers by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hub area by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tomorrowland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Horse and trolley by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Coke corner by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Iím sorry, but I donít think I could pay $10 for an apple. Not even $5 I donít think. Well, who knows! Maybe I would if I really wanted one!

Expensive apples by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Cheaper apples by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Strawberries by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We listened to the old phone a few minutes. Blanche didnít get a good shot of me, so none of me this time, but I listened too!

Listening 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Listening 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I actually bought something too! I love Disney shopping!

It took us almost an hour, but we were leaving the park and heading back to the hotel to drop off my camera stuff before heading out to the outlet. I found it so weird that I had to get my hand stamped when leaving the park. It just messed with my WDW knowledge.

Exit area by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Between the parks by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; 06-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #160
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

This is going to be a busy week! My report cards are due next Monday, but I have a busy week ahead, 3 fit camps (as usual) Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Tuesday night is a big Church event (Catholic Women's League 50th anniversary at my parish) that I'm going to-being a Catholic Woman that belongs to my church! ) And Saturday evening is a huge benefit for one of the owners of my gym who was in a car crash a month ago. So basically, school and report cards have to come first! I might not get on here to update, so I blessed you with a few updates today to keep you covered! Hopefully you'll still want to read when I come back. Now watch me decide to procrastinate a whole bunch and do my trip report instead! Have a great week everyone!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #161
Ferry Joy
Been there. Done that. Can't wait to do it again!

Thank you!

I am really enjoying your trip report. My favorite picture lately was the one of Blanche on the phone.
The flowers are beautiful there. They put so much work into all the little details.

DD DH DS DGS DGS DGS DGD DD Me
Ferry Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #162
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I love your photos again. I especially love the roses. I think that must be the Disney color roses. I now want some for my yard. I love that color, it would be so nice to be able to go out to the yard and pick them while they are in bloom.

I never noticed the ceiling of the hand stamp area. Now I need to look in November!!

Have a good week or so.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #163
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
This is going to be a busy week! My report cards are due next Monday, but I have a busy week ahead, 3 fit camps (as usual) Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Tuesday night is a big Church event (Catholic Women's League 50th anniversary at my parish) that I'm going to-being a Catholic Woman that belongs to my church! ) And Saturday evening is a huge benefit for one of the owners of my gym who was in a car crash a month ago. So basically, school and report cards have to come first! I might not get on here to update, so I blessed you with a few updates today to keep you covered! Hopefully you'll still want to read when I come back. Now watch me decide to procrastinate a whole bunch and do my trip report instead! Have a great week everyone!
Holy Updates you've been posting alright! Sorry to hear you were feeling sick, but I guess we all benefitted. Another 3 weeks (less now) and you'll be through all that end of year stuff so we can get on with the report!

Enjoying DL through your camera's eye (although I might buy your camera a level , I think I tweeked my neck) Really making me start to think about a Disney trip to the left coast now too...

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #164
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferry Joy View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report. My favorite picture lately was the one of Blanche on the phone.
The flowers are beautiful there. They put so much work into all the little details.
Thanks. Part of what I love about Disney is the fact that they have so much details. When you're in a line, there are things to look at. It's amazing. And I like those ones too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love your photos again. I especially love the roses. I think that must be the Disney color roses. I now want some for my yard. I love that color, it would be so nice to be able to go out to the yard and pick them while they are in bloom.

I never noticed the ceiling of the hand stamp area. Now I need to look in November!!

Have a good week or so.
Thanks. I'm glad to show you (A DL pro!) something new! Disney flowers are always beautiful. I love to appreciate flowers, but I don't like the work to keep a garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Holy Updates you've been posting alright! Sorry to hear you were feeling sick, but I guess we all benefitted. Another 3 weeks (less now) and you'll be through all that end of year stuff so we can get on with the report!

Enjoying DL through your camera's eye (although I might buy your camera a level , I think I tweeked my neck) Really making me start to think about a Disney trip to the left coast now too...
I loved DL. I hope you get there sometime. It's worth it! Feeling much better now. Two weeks left. Seven days with the kiddos and then 3 days to clean up the classroom and get everything out so they can do the floors and the walls. Yucky!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #165
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Report cards got submitted last night! I hope to get some work done on this tomorrow, but I have tons of pictures to go through. There was a dance recital, a gymnastics show, a school carnival, the CWL dinner, and today I had my first ever paying photo gig! One of the young men that came to Spain with me last year (World Youth Day) had his prom today and his mom called me to see if I could take pictures. She only called last night! The funny thing was, this afternoon I was supposed to get my hair done (hide the gray!) but my sister (my hairdresser) called and asked if I could come in the morning instead. So it all worked out.

Anyways, have a wonderful evening everyone, I'm off to the benefit now. I will be back tomorrow with at least one post!

hmmmm....why is it not letting me change the font or the size? Or even the color... weird.

My Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: