Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #136
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I like both effects on the photo, but I think I give the edge to the black and white. There is much depth to a black and white photo.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #137
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
Great trip report. Thanks for sharing! I teach kindergarten as well in Missouri.
Thanks! I love teaching kindergarten... they are totally little sponges and they learn the second language so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allyandaveri View Post
Just catching up and enjoying your TR!

I saw that you mentioned you were too chicken to try the Gumbo in the bread bowl. Next time you are there, ask for a sample and they will give you one to try
Oh! Good to know! I will definitely try it out then. I like that idea! Thank you.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #138
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I like both effects on the photo, but I think I give the edge to the black and white. There is much depth to a black and white photo.
OOPS! I'm so sorry! How did I miss this? Thanks for your input! I was kind of torn too, so I'm glad to hear what you think.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #139
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 20, 2012, Part 4: Almost done of Fantasyland!

We continued our rides in Fantasyland. Next was Pinocchio.

Pinocchio by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pinocchio and Ghipetto by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pinocchio by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Snow White was the last ride we’d wanted to ride in Fantasyland that was actually open during the hour.

Sleepy car by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Snow White ... Mary-Margaret? by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nasty queen... Regina? by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hold on! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They lived happily ever after by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

When we were offSnow White, it wasn’t even 8 am when we’d finished all our rides in Fantasyland that were open! If you have the chance to go to a 7am early morning Magic Hour, DO IT! Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Snow White. 7 rides in less than 50 minutes! We wandered through a shop nearby before we got in line for the Storybookland Canal boats. I have to do that in another post because I will have too many pictures for this one.

Here’s a few more I took while on our way to the Storybookland (I keep wanting to say Storybrookland… Once Upon a Time anyone?)

Odd tree by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Lovely mirror by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hats! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

In line for Storybookland Canal boats by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They were cleaning the monorail… or at least that’s what I’m assuming they were doing. I could be way off. They could have been doing some filming of the crowds… hee hee hee…

Cleaning the monorail by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sorry I lost my creative flair on the trip report. I’ll try to find it again later and get more into the writing. I should get my sister to do it, she’s the author!

On a personal note, I got my assignment for next year and I’m teaching French Immersion Kindergarten again! So excited, 3 years in a row. The most I’d ever done before was 2. In 9 years teaching! This will be 5 years in the same school too, which will be nice. I had taught at 5 different schools in 6 years before I started at this one.
Let’s hope that it warms up… at least enough to take the socks back off!

My Trip Reports:
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #140
kaoden39
Hugs

Congratulations on getting the assignment you wanted!!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #141
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations on getting the assignment you wanted!!
Thank you! It is really exciting to do the same thing a few years in a row. It will hopefully make me feel a little more confident! Sometimes I feel like a brand new teacher.... and this past year was my NINTH year!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #142
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 20th, 2012, Part 5: Storybookland Canal Boats

Right after rushing through eight rides before eight, we had nothing else that we wanted to ride in Fantasyland! Our fingers were numb and cold, but our feet were not so tired, because we'd barely spent any time in line. We got in line for the Storybookland Canal boats, even though it was not yet open. We were the second group in line.

Off topic: There is a TV show on ABC called Once Upon a Time. (I think I mentioned it before) Does anyone watch it? I love it! If you like fairy tales, you've got to see this twist on them! While in Disneyland, and now writing the trip report, I keep saying/writing Storybrook instead of Storybook. And even on this little ride, I was thinking more about the Fairy tale characters in Once Upon a Time and not Disney! And because of the show Snow White is totally growing on me!

Here are some pictures from the boats:

Maestro's Cave of Wonders! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 8 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 9 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 11 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Storybookland 12 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don't recall ever, in my entire life, seeing someone sweep water off the streets, except for at a Disney park.

Clean street by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #143
karisma99
Earning My Ears

I love reading trip reports that have lots of pictures. I caught up on all 10 pages of your TR tonight... LOL! Love it so far, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #144
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Thank you! It is really exciting to do the same thing a few years in a row. It will hopefully make me feel a little more confident! Sometimes I feel like a brand new teacher.... and this past year was my NINTH year!

I can understand that. My next door neighbor is a teacher and next year she is teaching an interesting kindergarten class, it is combined pre-school, regular kindergarten, and a k/1 group. She is really excited!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #145
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Oh common! Don't talk like that, you are an awesome teacher! My daughter loves being in your class, and I am surprised how much she has learned in terms of understanding and conversing in a second language. I also appreciate how well we are kept in the loop about what is going on and what the kids are learning. Job well done from this parents point of view! I hope #3 lands with you in a few years.

LuzzBightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #146
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karisma99 View Post
I love reading trip reports that have lots of pictures. I caught up on all 10 pages of your TR tonight... LOL! Love it so far, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for joining us. Many more pictures to come. I only took 4500 pictures during the week, which didn't seem like a lot!

Quote:
I can understand that. My next door neighbor is a teacher and next year she is teaching an interesting kindergarten class, it is combined pre-school, regular kindergarten, and a k/1 group. She is really excited!
Now that's an assignment! Wow! I wish her all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuzzBightyear View Post
Oh common! Don't talk like that, you are an awesome teacher! My daughter loves being in your class, and I am surprised how much she has learned in terms of understanding and conversing in a second language. I also appreciate how well we are kept in the loop about what is going on and what the kids are learning. Job well done from this parents point of view! I hope #3 lands with you in a few years.
Thanks. I seriously was not looking for compliments, it's just some days you doubt yourself! I am impressed every day with how much the students learn. And yours in particular has begun speaking much more French around the classroom. Here's to hoping to have number three as well!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #147
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I'm home sick for the second day in a row, but feeling a lot better than yesterday! Must have been something going through my classroom, because the other French K teacher e-mailed me and said there were EIGHT of my sixteen students out sick yesterday!!

I can't do much report card work since I left all my notes at school as I wasn't planning to get sick. So instead, it will be trip report work! I hope to have at least one update or two before the end of the day.

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #148
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

It's a Small World!

March 20, 2012, Part 6: It’s a Small World (Yes, in my Trip Report, It’s a Small World gets its own post!)

We started towards It’s a Small World next. I am totally amazed that it’s only 8:07 in the morning and I’ve been on so many rides. If there was ever any need for proof of the importance of getting to the parks early, then this is it! Even during Extra Magic Hours in WDW I don’t think I’ve ever been able to do so much in such a short time. I love teaching, but it really hinders my Disney visits! Hahaha

It's a Small World by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's a Small World 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's a Small World 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's a Small World 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's a Small World 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I really liked the addition of Disney characters on the ride. It was almost like hidden Mickey’s trying to find them, although they are a little easier to spot!

Alice and the White Rabbit

It's a Small World 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pinocchio

It's a Small World 7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Jasmine and Aladdin

It's a Small World 8 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Mulan

It's a Small World 9 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's a Small World 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

A pink Pumbaa? hahaha

It's a Small World 11 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The Three Caballeros

It's a Small World 12 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Ariel

It's a Small World 13 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Dory and Nemo or Marlin

It's a Small World 14 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Lilo and Stitch

It's a Small World 15 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Woody and Jesse

It's a Small World 16 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

All the postcards at the end are a nice touch too.

It's a Small World 17 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I enjoyed getting on and off the ride outside too. I wonder if I would like that as much in the rain? Probably not!

It's a Small World 18 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I have to ride IASW at least once a trip. I do enjoy it. The last time I rode it in WDW was extra special as we switched spots with some parents and two young boys. The boys had never ridden it before and kept going on and on about everything “Dad! Look at that! Mom, take a picture! Wow, that’s so cool!” Even turning around and asking us if we’d seen something. It made the ride extra special.

Back to DL in 2012: I might actually be warming up a little!

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #149
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

March 20, 2012: Part 7, Finding Nemo Submarine

Can you guess where we went next? Hahaha

Bathroom by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

After our first break of the morning, we didn’t ride the Bobsleds, but we walked by them. I really want to ride them, so I guess I have to wait for my next trip.

No Bobsleds today by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I’m not a smoker, neither is Blanche, but the other Golden Girl, Rose, is. We thought of her while walking by this area.

Need a smoke break? by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So we decided to get in line for Finding Nemo if the wait time wasn’t too long.

Mine, mine! by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nemo 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche had been to Disneyland twice, but both visits were before Disney’s California Adventure. It had been a while since she’d been on 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, but she remembered it and was looking forward to the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. So was I, but I look forward to any and all rides, except for the spinny ones that make me dizzy. By 8:37am, we were in line. I was still having a hard time believing all the things we’d done that morning. The line seemed to move so slowly, but maybe that was because we hadn’t waited all morning. It was really only about 20 minutes. It was, in all honesty, something I thought I’d be scared to do. I always thought I’d be terrified to go down in a submarine, but this was a Disney submarine, so I figured I’d be fine!

Nemo sub 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nemo sub 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nemo sub 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nemo sub 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Matterhorn by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nemo sub 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

There was this cute little one year old on her father’s knee beside me who kept us quite entertained. She kept waving and saying hi, and we’d wave back and say hi back. I think at one point her parents got a little annoyed with us because they passed her to her mother. What did you expect us to do? Blanche is a paediatric nurse, I’m a kindergarten teacher and between us, we’ve probably got about 30+ nieces and nephews between us! We love kids!

Darla by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Diver by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pearl by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Crabs by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We wanted to ride Space Mountain next, but it was down and they weren’t giving out fastpasses.

Store by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I want to play too by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It was only 9:15, but we’d been on the go since about 6:30 and we were starting to get hungry, so we thought we’d find a second breakfast somewhere in the park.

My Trip Reports:
Old 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #150
kaoden39
Hugs

I LOVE your Small World pictures!! What amazing pictures they are!!

You know if someone has a little one near me that says hi or smiles or whatever I react. I understood it when people did that with my kids, I think its nice when people do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: