DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Live from OKW

We are here now...checked in on 12/20 and will be checking out on 12/26. We are in a 2BR in the HH section...building 14. Getting here was a breeze. It was the first time we flew in and took the ME. Got here, checked in and got to room in time for our WeGoShop order to arrive...perfect so far. Room was ground floor...patio overlooks pond...really nice...DH and I set up in master and MIL and FIL take second BR while my 3 kids plan to sleep in living room on pull-outs.

That night we went to MK for late hours. Stayed until 1:00am and got to do most of what we needed to do. The crowds were bad around the parade route, but then cleared out after the parade. We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern...yummmm! The only negative, so far, was that we waited for 30 minutes at OKW for the bus to MK. And making up the pull-out beds at 2am, but that was poor planning on our part. I thought I remembered just pulling out the bed and it was already made up in the past...nope.

Next day we decide to go to Epcot. Again we wait 30 minutes for the bus...and this becomes the norm for the trip...and someone even asked at the desk and was told the busses are on a 30 minute rotation...I thought it was 20 minutes. Bummer!!! We will stick to staying at the boarwalk area resorts from now on!!! It took us forever to get into Epcot...we got there soon after rope drop and the lines were long and slow to get into the park...luckily I didn't bring a bag and avoided the bag check security line. We got in and hussled over to test track...it was already a long wait, so we fast passed it and realized that 3 of our 4 our APs were deactivated. Uggg! So, we needed to buy some time while we waited for our fast pass return. Soarin' was already a 90 minute wait...no thanks! DH and DDs hopped on the green version of mission space...took about 15 minutes and then we caught up with some of my inlaws (all 10 of DH's extended family is here too...). We walked over to world showcase to eat lunch, but it wasn't quite open yet...so we went over to BC and YC to check out the gingerbread/train displays. Then, we went back and ate at one of our fave CS places...Tangierine Cafe. This is when we notice that some of our room key cards are charging to my MIL's credit card...MIL and FIL are in our 2BR villa and we put their 2 room keys on their CC and our 5 room keys on our CC...or so we intended, but the CM messed it up. Uggggg!

We rode test track and then hauled back to OKW to get ready for 4:00 resie at Hoop Dee Doo. We switced inlaws over to master BR and put DH, me, and 2 DDs in the second BR...for the 2 beds and that way they won't need the pull-out couch....MIL insisted. We left OKW at 2:15 and bussed over to MK (waited about 30 minutes for the bus again) and took boat over to HDD...got there right at 3:30. Had a nice time...was just as cute as I remember (haven't been since Jan of 2007)...food was so-so...nice comfort food and the sangria was YUMMO!!!

After HDD, we walked through the trailer section to look at all their Xmas decorations...I thought it was neat, but BIL was not so impressed and wanted to skip it. We then wait for bus by the horse stalls...stinky!!! Waited for quite some time...maybe 20 minutes. Get bus to HS to see Osborne Spect. of Lights. Seemed like the longest ride ever...the 3 glasses of sangira were not the best idea because umm....how should I say....I needed to tinkle the entire ride to HS. Got off that bus and made a mad dash to the rest rooms.

...to be continued.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
MrBill64
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the report. Can't wait for more updates.
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
Fatalbie
Mouseketeer

Glad you're enjoying. Love to see some photos of the decorations if you have any.

Jim
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1342900&page=5
Fatalbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
brandip22
Busy obsessing over my next trip!

glad you are having a good time- hope the rest is great!
December 2006- SSR
October 2007- OKW, but just did US/IOA
May 2010- SSR- Baby Nate's first trip!
November 2010- BWV/VWL with DS(8)
March 2011- THV- extended family trip
Mardi Gras- just me and DH- Shhhh! Don't tell the kids!
June- DCL Dream with cousin!
Thanksgiving 2012- SSR- WL for a THV!
brandip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I'll post some more details of my TR when I get home...we are flying out late on 12/26. I will add some pics too.

Osborne Specticle of Lights was cool. My DS had disappeared with his cousin and we were busy on our cellphones as we walked through the lights display. Then, I got seperated from DH and DDs and decided to just leave. On my way out, MIL and FIL were looking for MIL's missing bridge...she had been at HS earlier and sat down to eat an ice cream and dropped her bridge (it had fallen out and was in her hand...she didn't know she dropped it). She was worried, all day and night, about her lost bridge. And guess what...she found it in the bushes where she had sat and ate the ice cream...yay

On Thursday, we hit AK and did everything we wanted...very fun! And we even had a fantastic TS lunch at Yak-n-Yeti....so good! We went back to OKW for a bit. Then we ate dinner at DTD at Bongos and did some shopping...it was very crowded. After that, we went back to OKW by way of a very long walk from SSR (where my SIL was staying and my kids were hanging out after Bongos). The walk from SSR to OKW is do-able, but very long. It was nice to get in that hot tub after all the walking....ahhhhh!!! My nephew knocked my DS's cellphone into the hot tub...oh no! It seemed to be done for and we had no way to get some dry rice to put it in. Not a good way to end the day.

Yesterday, we tried to go to HS and everything had super long waits and even some fast passes were done...so we headed back to OKW to rest and relax. Then we hopped over to Epcot...went in to check if we could fast pass Soarin'...nope, they were done for the day. But, the line for Spaceship Earth was very short, so we hopped on that. Then, we got on monorail and headed to GF to look at decorations/gingerbread display. OMG...that resort is beautiful and we really felt like it was Chjristmas now. We got back on monorail and headed over to POLY for our dinner at Ohana...yummm!!!!! DS showed up with his...working cellphone...yay! It isn't in perfect condition, but it'll get us through this trip and thank goodness I have the insurrance. After that glutenously delecious meal, we went down to the beach and watched the fireworks...very nice! We went into Epcot for late hours last night and stayed until 12:30...got to do one of our faves...Soarin'. I had to then hop on a bus with SIL to SSR...my DS had went there with his cousin to get in hot tub and they were locked out of the room...my other nephew had left and they could not get back in. It took us a while to get there and they were still sitting outside...all wet...frezzing. My other nephew had come back, but wasn't answering the door....hmmmm. So, I grab my DS (after he changed into dry clothes) and we walk over to DTD (by direction from my SIL) and the busses were done...had stopped at 12:00 and it was now after 1:00. I had no idea what to do...called my SIL and she didn't answer her phone...called DH who was just on bus heading home from Epcot. He didn't know what to do either...so I headed towards Pleasure Island and saw a security guy. He told us that the boats to OKW stop at 11:00 or 11:30 (can't remember which one), but that the busses at PI go until 2:00am. So, over we go and wait for a bus. It was about 2:00 when we get back to our room. Thank goodness we didn't have any pland today until our 1:45 Biergarten CP package. Can't wait to see the CP and then the fireworks.

Crowds have been steadily picking up since we got here. We think it will be a madhouse today. We have Biergarten lunch with Candlelight Processional Package...looking forward to it. Got to get in the shower now.

To be continued.....

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-26-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your mini trip report

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/25/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

I hope the information you got about buses isn't correct. We have stayed at OKW too many times to count, and we've always had excellent bus service with the exception of a couple of times over busy holidays (NYE in particular once). Whoever told you the buses are on a 30 minute rotation must be wrong. They are on a 20 minute rotation in the morning and evening and on a 30 minute rotation in the middle of the day when less people are using them.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for the compliments.

Yesterday, we got over to Epcot without any trouble. We took some family photos and stopped in the coke place to try the flavors around the world...DS loves to go in there. Then, DH ran to fast pass Test Track while the rest of us went to Norway for the Malstrom (sp?). We had a 10 minute wait and got on...my SIL had never been on it before and quite nervous...my DS teased to make her more anxious. We headed over to Germany for our 1:45 ADR...waited a short time and went in. Had a nice lunch and saw the show. It's not my family's (DH, kids and I) fave place, but others in our group just love Biergarten.

After, DH and I strolled over to France for a beer and slushie...yummm. Then, we walked to the BW to see the gingerbread display and got free cookies and lemonaide. Gosh...we just love the BW. That was our first DVC stay and it will always hold a special place in our hearts. We wish we were staying there this trip...it would have eliminated some of the long bus waits and crowded busses.

We went back over to get in line for our 5:00 Candlelight Processional show. The line at 4:05 was already very long, but we all got in and got good seats. There was a stressfull period when nephew couldn't find his KTW to get into the park and niece and DDs went to bathroom and didn't come back for a long time...the line started to go in and we got seated and they still weren't back. Then, BIL was waiting for nephew who was still at park gate w/out his KTW and BIL wouldn't answer his cell when SIL called to tell him to come into CP. So, a little drama...but then we were all in and watching a really lovely show. It was beautiful and Susan Lucci looks fantastic...I wish I could look like that now, at 38...let alone 62.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

By the way, the weather has been sunny and warm...in the 80s all week. Last night was the first cool night where I needed a sweatshirt...didn't have one and was fine...so it was just a tad cool.

After the CP, we all made our way (through the throngs of people) over to Test Track. We did that and again my SIL was very anxious, but she loved the ride. We all seperated at this point and DH and I went over to Mexico. We hopped right on the ride and then went to La Cava. There wasn't anywhere to sit and couldn't find a place to stand at the bar. I asked if we could get the margarita flight there and they said no, so we left. We decided to head out of Epcot and skip the fireworks (we've seen them a dozen times). We met our DDs and niece at the Land and headed back to SSR with BIL and SIL. We ate at CS there and then went to DTD to catch bus to OKW. We got in around 10:00 and crashed for the night.

Today we have a 1:20 lunch at Rose and Crown. We are slowly getting ready and heading over. MIL and FIL went to church at the Contemp.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Just home from airport...very tired. Will post pictures tomorrow. Left 70-80 degrees to come home to 33...

I forgot to mention that we had breakfast at Olivia's on 12/23. It was good...nothing spectacular...just good.

Went to Rose and Crown for lunch yesterday. Getting into Epcot was not quick...there were lines. We should have left the backpacks home that day...that line was the worst. We got in and strolled towards Rose and Crown. Did a few things along the way. Got over there about 30 minutes before ADR time and so I sat and had a beer while we waited for SIL and her family. They were coming from SSR and left quite a while after we did. They arrived about 5 minutes before ADR time. One of my nephews is a new vegetarian and did not like the vege option here. I forgot to mention that he and his family skipped Liberty Tree the 1st night because it isn't the best place for vegetarians. The remaining 10 of us went to LTT and it was delish. Since yesterday was Xmas, we all wanted to eat together and wanted to eat at Le Cellier. When I made ADRs at 180 days, I got a table for 8 at LC and held out for another table for 7. When, about a month ago, I couldn't get the other table...I cancelled LC. Meantime we had to pick a back up place and nobody was giving any suggestions. We were using TIW and paying OOP...no DDP, so DH and I preferred that we not do any signiture (2TS) places. And since TIW was not good on 12/25, we also preferred not to do a buffet or family style as those are super pricey. We had never been to R&C and my FIL and MIL like plain bland food (nothing ethnic...just meat and potato) and FIL is Irish...I thought R&C would be good. Nobody objected at the time I made ADRs, but my nephew and BIL were not happy with it. And we did not get seated until 20 minutes after our ADR time and then it took the server a long long time to get through every step of the meal. We didn't get food until 90 minutes after ADR time. And we had to ask twice for things. I thought the food was very good....I got the Sunday Roast dinner...yummm. Many of my inlaws got fish and chips or burger. Which were good, but we realized that the Fish and Chips that was $16 for 2 pieces of fish...was $8 at the CS stand for the same portion size (2 pieces).

After lunch, we walked around the world showcase and looked at the shops- until my DH had enough, which wasn't very long ;-). We left via the Beach Club (MIL and FIL just went out the main gate and got on a bus) and went over to DTD for some ice cream at Ghirardelli's. Mmmmmmmm! It was busy at DTD. We heard that MK had close to capacity around the time we were going over to Epcot for lunch. MIL and FIL saw, from the monorail, a massive traffic jam trying to get into MK. Good thing we didn't need to go over there. DH, DDs and I took the boat back to OKW...it was a lovely ride and nice to see all the Xmas decorations in the various villas along the waterway. We met up with other SIL over at the pool. DDs and niece swam and we sat and talked. We then stopped at the CS place for some food on our way back to our villa. I tried out the wonderful jetted bathtub while inlaws got all their laundry done and bags packed up (they got on the Disney Dream's 3 day cruise today).

A few things I didn't mention...I don't think. The villa was nice and mostly clean, but the floors were filthy when we arrived. I could feel a gritty mess under my feet as I walked around, so I swept up a big pile of dirt early in the week....ick! When my MIL had DH and I move over to the second bedroom (studio type part of 2BR villa) with our 2 DDs, so they would have a bed instead of the pull-out sofa...we could hear the busses drive by outside our window...late into the night and early in the morning. It bothered me the 1st 2 nights I slept in there. The last 3 nights I was so exhausted that the bus noise didn't bother me at all. There was also some little kids above us that were noisy, but didn't bother me when I was so tired.

Today, we got up and got packed. We took our luggage over to bellhop desk at 10:00. We dropped off our carry-ons at 10:45 and hopped on bus to DTD. The kids wanted to go in the candy store. Then, we ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich...very tasty and good bang for your buck. We hopped on the boat to OKW to hang by the pool until the ME picked us up at 3:50. We had a couple drinks at the bar and the kids played volley ball. DH, DDs and I rode the 4 person surrey bike. We lounged by the pool. It was overcast and not hot, but nice. We enjoyed it while we could...we knew we'd be coming home to the cold. ME and airport went smoothly. The flight was a bit turbulent, but went very fast. We would have loved to get on the cruise with the rest of DH's family, but it would have cost us close to $4000 for the 5 of us (just for a 3 day cruise....yikes!). Royal Caribbean had a 4 day cruise go out today and we tried to get the fam to go on that one...we could have swung that (@$2400 for the 5 of us), but they all wanted Disney. It is nice to be home instead.

We won't be back to WDW until summer of 2014. And we will try to get the BCV (if we can't...we will try for BWV). We just love to be able to walk to and from Epcot (and it doesn't hurt to be able to walk or boat to HS as well). We'd also walk to Epcot and take monorail to MK to avoid the busses as much as possible (we had long waits all week).

Any questions...let me know. Another thing worth mentioning was that I wanted to get a Christmas ornamnet with 2011 on it...they sold out before we even got there and had put out ornaments (and shirts and whatnot) with 2012 on them...that's all you could find was things with 2012 on them. That was no good. I got an ornament w/out a date and I'll put the date on it.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-27-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to see some of your pictures.
MinnieFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a two-bedroom near hospitality house earlier this month, and was so impressed how homey it was, but it was only four of us, me & DH in master BR, and sons in room with two double beds....it was great! Our biggest aggravation was having to wait for the last stop back to HH. that resort is so spread out, it seemed to take forever to get back from the parks!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
We stayed in a two-bedroom near hospitality house earlier this month, and was so impressed how homey it was, but it was only four of us, me & DH in master BR, and sons in room with two double beds....it was great! Our biggest aggravation was having to wait for the last stop back to HH. that resort is so spread out, it seemed to take forever to get back from the parks!
Check again....Your kids were in the 2nd bedroom with two QUEEN beds.

No need to wait for the last stop when coming back. Just get off at the first stop and walk back the block to HH.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We would also get off at the 1st bus stop and walk to our villa near the HH...it saved a lot of time sitting on that bus. I like taking any boat or monorail when we can...just hate the busses. We had 30 minute waits 8 out of 10 times...no matter what time of the day it was (inlaws had the same at SSR)...so they must have changed from a 20 minute schedule to a 30 minute one.

Also want to mention that I love the size and layout of OKW villas. We had 7 of us in our 2BR and it never felt cramped. I really noticed the size difference when we'd visit our inlaws at SSR...yikes. But, in then end, we'd give up space for location and will always try to stay at one of the Bs (BCV, BWV or BLT...in this order of preference). I will post a few more pics...many are on my cellphone and will be a while before I save them on photobucket. Oh, and I just noticed my camera dated the pics 1/1/2006...dang it...not sure what happened there.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 12-29-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #15
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: