Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #46
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLD View Post

Well I knew at least some were getting PP, because you've got some black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring in the mix.

But um yeah, sure... all the rest are SOOC. Yup, me too! We are THAT good, right?

(Hey, I won't tell if you won't... maybe we can convince everyone else that's the case...)

Anyway. Love your TR so far, both the pics and writing. And your whole family is super cute. Thanks for sharing with us.

Scene modes. All built in

Thank you so much for all the compliments though, you really made made my night
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #47
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Howdy Rob! So excited to see you started the new trip report and happy I found it before you are too far in. Great start, Great pictures!! Can't wait to see and read more! Cyndi
Cyndi! Long time no see! Welcome aboard! There is still plenty I have to get to so get comfy and grab some popcorn! Hopefully, this TR won't take as long as the last one. I think there were a few missing persons reports from people sticking around too long on that one
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #48
wdwnomad
DIS Veteran

Great report so far. I am really enjoying it so far.
All Star Sports - Sept 2008
All Star Music - Dec 2008, Dec 2009
Coronado Springs - Aug 2009, Aug 2011
Port Orleans - Riverside - Aug 2010
Beach Club - Dec 2010, Dec 2013
Boardwalk - Aug 2012
Old Key West - Aug 2014

Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
Great report so far. I am really enjoying it so far.
Hey thanks! Good to see someone from around the way on the boards!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #50
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Those little hams? They love getting their pictures taken! It's hard to get a picture of them not smiling!

Right on the money! It was a Nikon 50mm 1.8. I just got the 35mm 1.8 for Christmas and am like As much as I do like the 50mm the 35 will be nice for those shots where the kids are sitting in the next seat over and I want to capture their expressions. I can't wait to go out and play with it!

Who makes your 30mm? What's the aperture go down (up?) to? Are you going to be doing the MNSSHP in October?
I've got the Canon 50mm 1.8 and the Sigma 30mm 1.4. I'm looking forward to playing with the 30mm - I haven't had a chance to really use it much yet.
Not really sure about MNSSHP, but I probably won't be going..!!! I know, I know - but we are 2 adults (no kids) and in Australia Halloween is not a big thing, so I'm leaning towards not going. But of course, there is a long time between now and October, so who knows!!!
Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the fall decorations - they look good in the photos I've seen.
And you are lucky to have such willing models for photography "practice"!!! I'm sure in a few years things will change..!!!
Loved the Kidani pictures - they look amazing. Might have to pay a visit there one evening. Put it on the list..!!

Oh and I hope your little one gets better soon - is the cure for tonsils still ice cream and Jello?? Yum!!

Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #51
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Sorry I'm late to the party, had lots of new toys to play with these past few days and totally forgot about the Dis. I'm going to start reading a bit later on, we have some errands to run first. Will post again soon!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #52
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hope your son has a speedy recovery.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #53
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

Also sending Nate my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Nice you scheduled it over his Xmas vacation-poor guy doesn't even get to miss school!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #54
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjd0411 View Post
I've got the Canon 50mm 1.8 and the Sigma 30mm 1.4. I'm looking forward to playing with the 30mm - I haven't had a chance to really use it much yet.
Not really sure about MNSSHP, but I probably won't be going..!!! I know, I know - but we are 2 adults (no kids) and in Australia Halloween is not a big thing, so I'm leaning towards not going. But of course, there is a long time between now and October, so who knows!!!
Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the fall decorations - they look good in the photos I've seen.
And you are lucky to have such willing models for photography "practice"!!! I'm sure in a few years things will change..!!!
Loved the Kidani pictures - they look amazing. Might have to pay a visit there one evening. Put it on the list..!!

Oh and I hope your little one gets better soon - is the cure for tonsils still ice cream and Jello?? Yum!!
The Sigma "dirty thirty" is one super sweet lens! There is a few people on the Dis that have posted some REALLY nice shots taken with it. I hope you get out and play with it before the trip comes around! I think "pleasantly surprised" will be an understatement!

About MNSSHP, I still have mixed emotions on that honestly. I'll get back to you when I make up my mind but the fall decorations are very nice and I'd go back just for that.

Kidani really is nice. The hotel has a really cool "feel" about it, the room was beautiful, but the buses need a little work. There were a few times where they went to The Jambo House first and than came to Kidani but were so full we had to wait for the next one....which was also pretty full. It can be a pain but next time I'd research it all better.

And yes, Jello is on the menu all day today! I made a big bowl of orange jello made with mandarin oranges last night! He's loving that this morning. Ice cream can start tomorrow.

Last edited by NateNLogansDad; 12-28-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #55
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
I'm in! Sorry I'm late to the party, had lots of new toys to play with these past few days and totally forgot about the Dis. I'm going to start reading a bit later on, we have some errands to run first. Will post again soon!
You know that you and the Mrs. are always welcome, no matter what time the party started! Hope you had a nice Christmas! Any camera goodies under the tree???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Hope your son has a speedy recovery.
Thanks, he's looking much better this morning but we were warned that Friday and Saturday could be the worst...dreading that a little. It just breaks my heart seeing him not feeling well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Also sending Nate my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Nice you scheduled it over his Xmas vacation-poor guy doesn't even get to miss school!
He's still at an age where he likes going to school I think that would make it worse for him if we kept him out for a week! Poor confused kid
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #56
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I don't think I'm too late to the party. All caught up and loved day 1. I remember reading your last trip report and loved it. Great pictures!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #57
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Hi -- I am on board for this trip report. Very enjoyable so far.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #59
PolkaDotLuggage
Earning My Ears

Subbing! your pics are amazing ... can't wait for more

Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #60
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I don't think I'm too late to the party. All caught up and loved day 1. I remember reading your last trip report and loved it. Great pictures!
Right on time! I think that's called a fashionably late entrance but don't quote me on that.....I'm not very fashionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Thanks for stopping in! There's plenty of popcorn, feel free to help yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
Hi -- I am on board for this trip report. Very enjoyable so far.
Thank you! Still so much to see and do....hopefully I'll have another update later on today

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDotLuggage View Post
Subbing! your pics are amazing ... can't wait for more
Oh, you're too kind! I uploaded day 2's pictures this morning before work so now I have to get to the whole typing part. Not too much going on today so I'll start in in just a few minutes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: