Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #871
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I'm all caught up on this one and I had a million things I wanted to say, but then I kept reading instead of writing them all down so I've forgotten everything and I'm just gonna say excellent stuff, Lia! Also you had a line about bears singing about their regrets and it made me laugh really hard. Oh, CBJ...

Also, this

is perfect. I live for those moments. People always wonder why I go to Disney so often/obsess over it/whine about how I'm not there all the time, but I go back for those moments. Which is impossible to explain unless you've had one so they just look at me like I'm nuts. But like so much of my life makes absolutely no sense at all, so going back somewhere where my mind's clear and everything does make sense is a necessity. At this point, it's more than just a fun vacation, it's kinda like therapy. Which is probably indicative of an even bigger problem, but whatever. This is how I deal with things. Don't judge me, world.
Kara!!! My lone commenter!!! LOL. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

GAH I KNOW. "But like so much of my life makes absolutely no sense at all, so going back somewhere where my mind's clear and everything does make sense is a necessity." Precisely. It hasn't been just a "fun vacation" since I was like... 10, I think I remember that's when things took a turn from "YAY I LOVE DISNEY LET'S GO TO DISNEY WORLD PLEASE MOM AND DAD" to "I HAVE TO GET BACK THERE AS SOON AS I POSSIBLY CAN." It really is therapy and it is how I deal with things and that is that. We do have problems but hey at least we HAVE Disney. A lot of people feel the way we do but don't have a shining beacon of hope like Disney. So I'm very thankful that I have it.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #872
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Hey Lia! Not sure if you got my pm, but I've misplaced your address and would love to send you a christmas card. Can you pm me your address?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #873
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Yeah, all caught up now! Can't believe this TR is already ending (and yet I say this for every TR I read). So sad to see a good TR end Ahhh well, can't wait to read more!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #874
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Hey Lia! Not sure if you got my pm, but I've misplaced your address and would love to send you a christmas card. Can you pm me your address?
Hi Yuki! OH gosh you're so sweet. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Yeah, all caught up now! Can't believe this TR is already ending (and yet I say this for every TR I read). So sad to see a good TR end Ahhh well, can't wait to read more!
Already? It's been going on over a year! Hopefully I can finish it before another year happens. Oh lord. Our last day was quite jam packed though so it may take a bit! I have to keep truckin' even though hardly anyone even replies on this thing anymore.

Thank you!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #875
__disneygirl

Hi everyone!

I can't believe I haven't updated either of my TRs in so long. It's been a crazy December, that's for sure. Capped off with a lovely flu for me that arrived on Christmas Eve and still has not left. Oh my God, it's terrible. I literally only get out of bed to use the bathroom. It's just unbelievable how your health can suddenly vanish. On top of that, I missed Christmas I didn't get to see anyone in my family and I stayed home alone Kevin McCallister style except I didn't get to throw paint cans at robbers or anything cool like that. It was pretty sad. I'm bummed out. And now I'm desperate to go return things for store credit and buy Christmas stuff for 75% off AND SEE DJANGO UNCHAINED but I'm just endlessly bedridden and it's awful. Sorry for my complaining, I know it could be worse, but UGH!

Anyway, I would have taken some time to update but for awhile there I was so deliriously ill all I could do was lay in my bed and/or sleep! I've gotten people to cover shifts at work for me though, so hopefully as I get better I will have more time for this because I REALLY need to wrap this one up and get STUCK IN DISNEY rolling again, I'm still on Day 1 and there are soooo many adventures I am dying to share with all you!

There are lots of Disney possibilities coming in 2013, and so I definitely need to get these TRs on a roll just in case I have another one that I'm going to have to write soon You never know!

I hope you all had a beautiful holiday, or at least something better than mine, and I hope you enjoy the next (and one of the last) updates of This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #876
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 14, 2011
Day 10, Part 1 In Which It's Not Over Til It's Over

It was doomsday.

People thought that December 21, 2012 was doomsday but they were actually not right about that because December 14, 2011 and any other day that I have to leave Disney is THE END OF THE WORLD.

I posted on Twitter:
When you wake up and realize you have to leave Disney it's like the world is ending or something.

SEE? It is so true.

I had to leave Disney. And I was really really sad about that.

However, that was NOT going to stop me from Livin It Up as much as humanely possible before our departure. Our plane was not ripping me out of the beautiful Orlando atmosphere until about 7:30 PM, so luckily we had a good amount of time to enjoy the day.

Mom's idea of that did not involve going to a park, and I really couldn't blame her. We were TIRED. But being the obsessed Disney freak that I am, the fact that it was our last day caused a ridiculous amount of energy to manifest inside of me.

It was not the same thing for my mom, who chose to sleep in and relax by the pool instead. Anywhere else, that would have sounded really good... but at Disney, nope. Andy's room was calling me. So I was off to Hollywood for one last ride/display of my insanity on Toy Story Mania!

Pop Century was starting to get crowded, and again there were so many people in line for the Hollywood bus that one came and was filled before I could get on. The bus driver announced that another bus would be along right away going to the exact same place. I guess he was just asserting this so no one would get upset. He also said, "Don't worry, folks. We are a family. We are all together." Aww. It was one of those sweet Disney CM moments.

I arrived in Hollywood too late for the Mad Dash, but that was fine because my feet were really not up for any dashing, especially MAD dashing. So by the time I got to my beloved addiction, there was already quite a line. Luckily, it moved quickly, as it usually does first thing in the morning.

One of the Cast Members who was there all week and kept recognizing me said hi to me once I got down the stairs near where you get placed into rows. I told him I was leaving today and he said, "OH NO, DON'T LEAVE!!" and we hugged. I literally cried. Not like, a lot, because I didn't want to make a scene or anything, but a few tears were shed. I was SO emotional!!!

The CM told me to stand there a minute and he would be right back. HMM. So I did just that. I mean here I am, trying to stay out of the way of everyone in line, crying, just overall being a mess. And here comes back my favorite CM ever... with a FASTPASS FOR ME THAT I COULD USE AT ANY TIME!!!!! Which obviously, I wanted to use it to get right back on after I rode. WOOOO!!!! Oh how I love that man!!!!

So yes, I literally hopped off and got right back on with tears in my eyes. The line was super long at that point, so I knew that if I wanted to go all the places I had planned today, it was going to be my last TSM ride. My last score was 175,200, which is not bad, but I can do much better!!! (I definitely beat that score on my STUCK IN DISNEY trip, don't worry!)

My next stop was One Man's Dream, since we had skipped the latter half of the exhibit to catch the movie in time when we were last inside.

Look, photos! YAY!

This is just perfect.

Walt working on Jungle Cruise <3

Opening day

There are just so many things to love in this picture, where do I begin?

I skipped the movie this time, I mean I was emotional enough. Then, I started the final walk to Tower of Terror. Dun dun dun. Sigh, last rides on favorite attractions are so bittersweet!

I took very necessary extreme close-up shots of my beloved Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I think they accurately capture the last moments of Disney feelings, when you just want to hold onto every bit of the World around you... but just like everything else, you can't hold on forever.

After one last drop into the Twilight Zone, I took another ride to the Aerosmith show and then headed out of the park. I wanted to ride again, but then I checked the time and remembered, oh crap. I'm leaving today. I should probably get a move on.

I also realized I didn't buy anything at Rock Around The Shop, which was shocking! I have stuff from that store all around my room - being a huge fan of Aerosmith and of course, music in general, it's one of my favorite shops in Disney! Sadly though, I had kind of blown my budget the previous day at the shop in the UK with all the band merchandise, so I didn't get anything this time. I love how it's always the stores themed around musicians that break me!

I posted on Twitter:
Not paying attention to the time which is probably dumb since I have a plane to catch but I mean how important is that really

Sigh. There was a lot of ground left to cover, so I kissed Hollywood goodbye and moved on.

Up Next: The end of the foreign CM flirting (For now.)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #877
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'm so sorry you're sick, Lia I hope my Disney tweets can help nurse you back to health!

YAY FOR 2013!

LOL I'm glad you're just as emotional as I am. I cry at EVERYTHING lately. At least I'm not the only one.

LEAVING TOY STORY MANIA WOULD MAKE ME SAD TOO!!! I wonder if you would recognize the CM that I made friends with at TSM. He's like my grandfather of DHS. He's perfect. Do you remember what your CM friend's name was?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #878
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you were sick for Christmas! I saw on twitter that you were sick, but I didn't realize you had the flu! Did you get a flu shot? I never used to, until I got the flu a few years ago and had it for 2 WEEKS, and ever since, I've been getting the shot, and luckily, it seems to work! I hope I never get the flu again, it's awful being that sick! I hope you feel better soon!

Wow, one of the last updates, can't believe this TR is coming to an end! I'm glad you have so many possible Disney trips coming up this year, that's exciting! I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many times I can pull off going to Disney next year...I'm hoping for 3, but...I also want to go to Disneyland. Like I think it's time. So I have to factor that in too, and I know my DH really wants to go to California...we'll see!

Wow, I love the CM who gave you that Fast Pass for TSM, that's amazing!!! I would definitely cry if that happened to me! Although it doesn't take much to make me cry in Disney!

OMG One Man's Dream! This is the 2nd TR I've read this morning with a One Man's Dream update! I love it! It's just another thing that makes me want to go to Disneyland to see where it all started! I mean, to walk where Walt actually walked and visited and rode the rides...I can't even imagine the emotional mess I will turn into when I go there for the first time...

Ahhh Tower of Terror! It's my favorite ride too, isn't it SO hard walking away from that tower when you know you've just taken your last ride of the trip on it? I always tell myself "there's time for ONE MORE RIDE"...but sometimes I feel like if I go on one last time, that's it, I'm never leaving.

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #879
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am SO sorry you were sick for Christmas. I can't imagine missing the holiday and not seeing family and friends. I hope you feel better soon!

The last day is Disney is seriously like doomsday. So awful

CMs are the BEST.

Oh, One Man's Dream. I can understand why you didn't see the movie. Last day in Disney + Walt's life = crying.

I love Rock Around the Shop. So many great things in there that I want but don't have enough money for.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #880
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I'm so sorry you're sick, Lia I hope my Disney tweets can help nurse you back to health!

YAY FOR 2013!

LOL I'm glad you're just as emotional as I am. I cry at EVERYTHING lately. At least I'm not the only one.

LEAVING TOY STORY MANIA WOULD MAKE ME SAD TOO!!! I wonder if you would recognize the CM that I made friends with at TSM. He's like my grandfather of DHS. He's perfect. Do you remember what your CM friend's name was?
Oh I'm sure they will!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

2013 = aaand that's all I'm gonna say! :D

haha you are definitely not alone my frumpy friend!

YES it's devastating. I don't know, probably. I don't remember his name but he was tall and had brown hair and glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm so sorry you were sick for Christmas! I saw on twitter that you were sick, but I didn't realize you had the flu! Did you get a flu shot? I never used to, until I got the flu a few years ago and had it for 2 WEEKS, and ever since, I've been getting the shot, and luckily, it seems to work! I hope I never get the flu again, it's awful being that sick! I hope you feel better soon!

Wow, one of the last updates, can't believe this TR is coming to an end! I'm glad you have so many possible Disney trips coming up this year, that's exciting! I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many times I can pull off going to Disney next year...I'm hoping for 3, but...I also want to go to Disneyland. Like I think it's time. So I have to factor that in too, and I know my DH really wants to go to California...we'll see!

Wow, I love the CM who gave you that Fast Pass for TSM, that's amazing!!! I would definitely cry if that happened to me! Although it doesn't take much to make me cry in Disney!

OMG One Man's Dream! This is the 2nd TR I've read this morning with a One Man's Dream update! I love it! It's just another thing that makes me want to go to Disneyland to see where it all started! I mean, to walk where Walt actually walked and visited and rode the rides...I can't even imagine the emotional mess I will turn into when I go there for the first time...

Ahhh Tower of Terror! It's my favorite ride too, isn't it SO hard walking away from that tower when you know you've just taken your last ride of the trip on it? I always tell myself "there's time for ONE MORE RIDE"...but sometimes I feel like if I go on one last time, that's it, I'm never leaving.
I don't know that it's the flu. Honestly it probably isn't, I should have said flu-LIKE. My mom called it the 48 hour flu but it lasted longer than that of course. I'm feeling a bit better today actually. Like I can sit up in bed and be on this laptop for more than 10 minutes without getting dizzy and tired so that's good! And I didn't have too much trouble getting out of bed this morning. So yeah, I am slowly getting better. I didn't have the flu shot. Needles = Probably should just suck it up and get one though.

AHH I really want to go to Disneyland too! SO BAD! I've been trying to go for so long and I feel like this year has to finally be the year! Even if it's only for a couple of days, since I've heard so often that you can do a good percentage of the parks in just a few days. I'm deciding over the next few weeks exactly what I'm going to do. I just wish I had endless money and it would be a lot easier obviously LOL. My saving for Disney trips is not going so well with me having to miss days upon days of work due to being so sick! UGH! Life is just not fair. I hope all your Disney wishes come true though!

I love him too! Unfortunately, I didn't see him again in October, so I don't think he's still working there. I'll never forget him though!

Exactly... I feel that way about DL too. I will seriously lose it when I'm in DL and realize that Walt stood right where I am standing. Ahh, I get chills just thinking about it, it's amazing. An emotional mess is an understatement!

AHH I know. It's near impossible to walk away that last time. I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I am SO sorry you were sick for Christmas. I can't imagine missing the holiday and not seeing family and friends. I hope you feel better soon!

The last day is Disney is seriously like doomsday. So awful

CMs are the BEST.

Oh, One Man's Dream. I can understand why you didn't see the movie. Last day in Disney + Walt's life = crying.

I love Rock Around the Shop. So many great things in there that I want but don't have enough money for.
Ahh thanks. It was awful, but I am actually starting to feel slightly better today. So at least there's that.

Agreed! I'm getting sad just thinking about it.

Yes they are! I wish I was one!

haha Totally. Plus, I had just seen it a few days earlier.

Exactly! It's all stuff you want but don't really NEED. But oh man I WANT everything!!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #881
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Sorry your feeling so sick! I was sick on Christmas as well (Not as sick as it sounds like you are but still) I know how much it sucks! Like you I'm still getting over being sick as well and I really want this to be gone already!

Anyway back to your update! Last days in Disney are so sad! I literally want to cry everytime I leave Disney property. I live where it is fairly cold and I usually go to Disney in the winter so I always end up missing the not freezing weather the most.

I don't blame you for wanting to go to a park still. Even being in the park without a travel companion is better than not being in the park at all. I love that you bonded with the CM at TSM. I love Disney moments like that!

I haven't been to One Man's Dream for a while now. Did they have the info on the Fantasyland expansion? If they did I bet it was really cool.

Looking forward to the next updates in both this one and the stuck in Disney one!
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #882
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Sorry you've been so sick!! I work in an emergency room and SO many people are coming in with flu symptoms. I try not to breathe too much! LOL

Looking forward to your updates on both TRs! I just started mine and have a growing appreciation of how long it takes to write each chapter and add all the pics!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #883
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Awww, poor poor you being sick on Christmas Eve of ALL DAYS! It's kinda cool you got to live out the whole Kevin McAllister fantasy, but that's just the worst day to catch the flu. Everyone in my house is sick and my mom was actually sick Christmas day, but thank god this came before and after the big man's arrival lol That would've NOT been good especially for me, though I would've gotten up at an ungodly hour anyways Hope you feel better soon (or are feeling better)!

Okay onto the update...

Awww, you go from sickness on Christmas day to the last day in Disney. This is not the way to re-awaken a TR! *shakes head* The last day in Disney... it's just awful plain and simple. You know you have to leave and you kinda have to focus on that, but you want to revel in the fact you are in Disney for just that much longer. It's a complex of crazy emotions basically.

to being able to ride TSMM two last times! And that's awesome how the CM got you an FP. I really need to make my trips now longer than a week so I can make CM friends like that too. And to a good score, I feel like I need to amp up my skills on that ride because my score is truly sub-par at this point. Shameful, quite shameful. Love the pictures of One Man's Dream, really need to make a note of that for my next trip. I'll hopefully be with people then that won't abandon me for something else or drag me in the opposite direction like has happened on past trips.

YAY ToT! That ride is just too too flawless. I miss it so much! Sorry to hear after though you weren't able to buy anything from your favorite shop. It stinks when you miss out on the opportunity to buy something from a specific place or just decide not to and wait until the end of the trip. I'm sure you got some awesome merch otherwise to bring home!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #884
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
Sorry your feeling so sick! I was sick on Christmas as well (Not as sick as it sounds like you are but still) I know how much it sucks! Like you I'm still getting over being sick as well and I really want this to be gone already!

Anyway back to your update! Last days in Disney are so sad! I literally want to cry everytime I leave Disney property. I live where it is fairly cold and I usually go to Disney in the winter so I always end up missing the not freezing weather the most.

I don't blame you for wanting to go to a park still. Even being in the park without a travel companion is better than not being in the park at all. I love that you bonded with the CM at TSM. I love Disney moments like that!

I haven't been to One Man's Dream for a while now. Did they have the info on the Fantasyland expansion? If they did I bet it was really cool.

Looking forward to the next updates in both this one and the stuck in Disney one!
I'm so sorry you were and are sick too! I hope you're feeling better now. Today was the first day I actually started to feel like a human again!

I usually do cry! But... we're not there in the report yet, thankfully.

Me too! I love going solo more and more as time goes on. When I was 18, I went on a solo trip and I was really really lonely, but I totally don't feel like that anymore. I love doing whatever I want. :D

Yes, they did have some Fantasyland expansion stuff. I didn't look too closely at it, though, because I didn't want any spoilers! And I'm glad I didn't, because when I got to see it in October, everything was fresh to my eyes, and it was UNREAL!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Sorry you've been so sick!! I work in an emergency room and SO many people are coming in with flu symptoms. I try not to breathe too much! LOL

Looking forward to your updates on both TRs! I just started mine and have a growing appreciation of how long it takes to write each chapter and add all the pics!!!
Bless you for working there. I don't know how you do it! I was thinking about that the other day - how are doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff members not constantly calling out due to illness? Honestly, it must get crazy.

Thank you! Yeah, it can take awhile but I kind of have it down to a science at this point. I really enjoy doing it, so it doesn't bother me if it takes long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Awww, poor poor you being sick on Christmas Eve of ALL DAYS! It's kinda cool you got to live out the whole Kevin McAllister fantasy, but that's just the worst day to catch the flu. Everyone in my house is sick and my mom was actually sick Christmas day, but thank god this came before and after the big man's arrival lol That would've NOT been good especially for me, though I would've gotten up at an ungodly hour anyways Hope you feel better soon (or are feeling better)!

Okay onto the update...

Awww, you go from sickness on Christmas day to the last day in Disney. This is not the way to re-awaken a TR! *shakes head* The last day in Disney... it's just awful plain and simple. You know you have to leave and you kinda have to focus on that, but you want to revel in the fact you are in Disney for just that much longer. It's a complex of crazy emotions basically.

to being able to ride TSMM two last times! And that's awesome how the CM got you an FP. I really need to make my trips now longer than a week so I can make CM friends like that too. And to a good score, I feel like I need to amp up my skills on that ride because my score is truly sub-par at this point. Shameful, quite shameful. Love the pictures of One Man's Dream, really need to make a note of that for my next trip. I'll hopefully be with people then that won't abandon me for something else or drag me in the opposite direction like has happened on past trips.

YAY ToT! That ride is just too too flawless. I miss it so much! Sorry to hear after though you weren't able to buy anything from your favorite shop. It stinks when you miss out on the opportunity to buy something from a specific place or just decide not to and wait until the end of the trip. I'm sure you got some awesome merch otherwise to bring home!

Can't wait to read more!
Oh man I did NOT live out the Kevin McCallister fantasy, trust me. I totally missed the holidays. Usually I celebrate Christmas the whole week after but I was sick the whole time, so I feel like the holiday didn't even happen. It was just horrible. I'm pretty bitter about it actually. But that's the great thing about Christmas, it'll be coming around again before I know it. I hope you're family is feeling better! I do feel better today, but not fully. My friends are having a big show in the city tonight, and I have to miss it. It sucks so much.

I know! The last day is always so hard, but I really just sucked it up and moved on with it during this trip. I covered a LOT of ground! You'll see.

I was so happy about that TSM fastpass! I love that CM so much. If I was a CM, I would do as many of those little things as I possibly could! Keep trying... i'm sure your score will improve!

It's ok, there was nothing specific I wanted that day anyway. I just in general always want to buy that entire store. But honestly, I have a lot of stuff in my room from there already and a couple clothing items, so it's all good!

Thank you!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #885
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 14, 2011
Day 10, Part 2 In Which It's Always Boom

My next park had to be Epcot, but I really wanted to visit the Boardwalk first, since we never really spend enough time there. So off to the Friendship Boats I went!

Hello Heaven.

My DREAM is to stay in one of these rooms under the Crest o' the Wave. I'm sure it costs approximately 482039843 more dollars than I have, but ya never know.

Every time we come to Disney I kick myself for not spending more time at the Boardwalk. I guess none of the restaurants interest me that much - or at least, not more than ones located elsewhere. Of course I LOVE Beaches & Cream, but I must try more!

It's seriously one of the most beautiful places in the world. But of course, there are about 338898 other most beautiful places at Disney. So it's hard to spend enough time in each one. Ahh! Never enough time.

I had never been inside the Boardwalk Bakery before, and I was really in the mood for yet another cupcake, so I went inside to check out the selection.

I decided on the Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake. They also had Lilo & Stitch chocolate lollipops which were so cute, and a bunch of cakes that looked utterly delicious! I wasn't ready to eat the cupcake just yet, so I got a container and put it in my bag for later.

I walked from the bakery over to Epcot and just remember really taking it all in and appreciating the moment. On the way, I saw this adorable old couple wearing sweatshirts from the Polynesian that looked like they were probably made in the 80's. They were adorable.

I posted on Twitter:
I love the old couples wearing the resort tees from 20 years ago who will never stop coming here. Me in 50 yrs.

Yeah, that is totally going to be and my future husband, who will be the kind of person who will wear Disney resort sweatshirts. Because I can not marry someone who wouldn't.

Speaking of marriage, I soon found myself here:

France! FRANCE!!! Home of the gorgeous French guy that bought my mom and I champagne and told me I had a beautiful voice AND AND called me Princess ANNNNNNND told me where he worked. So I could come and find him before I left.

Soooo, that's what I did. I wandered on in there and looked around for him. Nonchalantly. You know. Acting natural. Just an American girl in Paris enjoying the sights.

Annnnnd... No Frenchman. SIGH.

I didn't want to make a scene and start singing "Someday My Prince Will Come", but hey if I had to resort to that, I had to resort to that. My theory was, much like many of our beloved princesses, my voice would bring him to me. However, before I could open my mouth to sing, BOOM!

There he was!

Gorgeous guys always appear in a BOOM sort of way. They never gradually come into your life nicely. It's always a sudden, near-attack kind of thing. It's always BOOM.

Omg.

That is so something Stacey would say. IT'S ALL WHAM. It's always boom! IT'S ALWAYS BOOM IS MY NEW SAYING. Whew. Ok.

"HELLO!!" he said, at a level that suggested he was wearing a hearing aid that needed to be adjusted. It was startling but I enjoyed it. Suddenly, I realized I hadn't planned what I would say and I was looking at that gorgeous face and every word in the English language escaped me. Finally, I mustered a "Hi..." and then, "I'm leaving today. "

"Oh no!" he said, and then hugged me. I LOVE HOW CAST MEMBERS JUST HUG YOU.

Everyone who works in Disney is like the Tanner family from Full House. The hugging is just out of control.

We talked about what an epic tragedy that my departure from Disney World was, I tried on a french hat and he laughed, I bought a scarf to give my mom for her birthday (it was in February, and she loved it! She wears it all the time. The scarves there are BEAUTIFUL!) and... we eventually parted. *Endless Sighs* He was working so I didn't want to like hang around and mess up his cast member groove. Whatever that means.

I will never forget you or your twinkling eyes, you flawless and kind man, you!!!!

So yeah... we didn't get married. Ugh. And he wasn't there when I went back in October (or at least, I didn't see him). My prince is still out there somewhere. FIND ME, DAMMIT!!!

Ahem.

"I will always find you." *CRYING* OMG. If you don't get that reference, go buy the first season of Once Upon A Time immediately.

I posted on Twitter
Ran into the world showcase CM I am most in love with. And by ran into I mean I went to the place he works.

LOL. I will miss you, Frenchman!!!

In Morocco, Aladdin and Jasmine were out greeting like they usually are. I took a few pictures of them and while I was doing that, a little boy and girl were meeting them. The girl told Aladdin she was scared of Jafar coming around. IT WAS SO CUTE. She obviously wanted Aladdin to protect her and she seemed genuinely frightened. Aladdin hugged her and said quite assuredly that Jafar was far away! PRECIOUS.

If I hadn't been so short on time, I probably would have gotten in the long line to meet them and told Aladdin I was scared too so I could get one of those hugs. Look, it's easy to get over leaving your beloved Frenchman when Aladdin is around. ALADDIN.

My next stop was Japan, because I hadn't had any Kaki Gori this trip, and I must have it every time I go! If you aren't familiar, Kaki Gori is delicious shaved ice. I got rainbow like I always do, and ate it as I walked along, wandering the World Showcase for the last time that trip.

In Italy, I stopped to buy a ton of chocolates. I usually get a bunch of chocolates from Germany and give them to some family and friends when I get home, but this time, the Italian ones were calling my name!

Here's a little tip: this is the PERFECT gift idea. Hey, we don't want to spend all our precious Disney souvenir money on people back home, let's be real. I mean, I get great gifts for those close to me, but if I bought even something small like a pen or a magnet for everyone back home... that adds up. Chocolates from the World Showcase are perfect to pass out to your loved ones at the next family gathering or to people at work.

People are ALWAYS impressed by and appreciative of German or Italian chocolates, especially when they have a little sticker on them that says Walt Disney World. And they're like 25 cents each. Trust me, my beloved TR readers. This is the secret to making everyone happy without spending hundreds on gifts.

The only problem is stopping yourself from eating all the chocolates before your plane even lands.

Which I maybe have done before. Who can remember?

Anywho. Back to the park touring. I made my way around the Showcase, not really stopping, just enjoying the ambiance as I headed to the front of the park.

I posted on Twitter:
They really need to put a disney version of chipotle in the mexico pavilion. That is basically the only thing I miss from home.

Bahaha this is so true though. At the time, my mom and I were obsessed with Chipotle, like we were getting it at least twice a week. My Disney food ideas really need to be used. Get on this, Disney!!!

May the season be filled with joy and happiness. Aww. I definitely missed Disney World being a part of my holiday season this year. Hopefully next year, I will be there for the holidays again!

Before heading out of Epcot, I visited Our Frogfish Friend Paul one last time to say goodbye. It was a tearjerker for me. I wanna say it was for him too, but I don't know. It's hard to notice someone's tears when they live in the water. SO I don't know if he was crying, or if it was just... the water.

Unfortunately, I only have this weird picture of a dolphin to show you:

Yeah.

I very much enjoyed my early afternoon jaunt around Epcot. Unfortunately, being on a schedule, I had to go, so I set off to the monorail so I could head to the park I always go to first and last: The Magic Kingdom.

Up next: My last glimpses of the magic. CRY!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: