Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #811
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

OMG Lia I cannot wait for this TR!!!! So much livin it up!!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #812
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
OMG Lia I cannot wait for this TR!!!! So much livin it up!!!!
Oh trust me... You have NO IDEA!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #813
__disneygirl

I AM FINALLY IN MY DWELLING PLACE.

Yeah, I'm in my house. I said "dwelling place" because I think we all know that Disney is my true HOME.

It was basically a life changing trip. I don't have the words to sum it up. All of the details will be in the TR, which I can hopefully get up tomorrow (though I have quite the busy day... so maybe Wednesday!).

I'm not even really sad I had to leave because I feel so fulfilled by the trip and I feel like everything that happened, happened for a reason. I feel refreshed and renewed and ready to conquer the next chapter of my life! How cheesy does that sound? But it's SO TRUE! What this trip has done for me is absolutely priceless. It was above and beyond my wildest expectations and I... I'M JUST REALLY HAPPY. I planned on writing more but it's already 2am, I have an audition tomorrow, and I just really wanna get this latest update up and get to bed!

DISNEY IS THE BEST. Period. Okay onto the update!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #814
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 8, Part 7 In Which We End Up Doing The Same Stuff We Always Do

Since we had run around the MK like cray during EMH the other night, we really weren't in a hurry to go do anything. It was Day 8, and we had already done so much, so tonight was more just about enjoying the ambiance and taking it slow like we had done earlier in Hollywood.

When I say "taking it slow" I mean for US. We still did some marathons. Fish swim, birds fly, we marathon.

We had been wandering around Main Street a bit when Mom asked where we could get something to eat. Unlike me, she had not stuffed herself with wine and chocolates prior to our meet up. :D

I suggested Pecos Bills or Casey's, and she chose Pecos Bills, so off to the ol' Frontier we went!

So yeah, I wasn't really hungry. I think I was all whammed out from my off-kilter day.

Either that or I was still full from the day before. My mom got another burger... she loves that fixins' bar!

While she was piling various things on her burger, I noticed these... um... guns.

I know it fits into the theme, but I was kind of like side-eyeing having guns on display just like by themselves, sitting there. It's Disney! Guns and all bad things don't exist! I mean, I know they are prop guns, but still! Put up a picture of a covered wagon or a buffalo or something. I don't know. It's not a big deal, but still.

We crossed back through the park over to Tomorrowland next.

My notes here are really dodgy. Yes, dodgy. I use British terms. Deal with it. Mate.

I remember we went on the TTA and a few times on Space Mountain. Two times was enough for my mom due to the fact that she had just eaten. I could not pass up riding Space 3 times in a row with hardly any line, so I rode again while she went into Cosmic Ray's to get a soda.

We spent some time wandering around the shops and my mom got some of that dried Astronaut ice cream at Mickey's Star Traders. MICKEY'S STAR TRADERS. The caps lock is a signal for you to, right now, say that store name out loud in the former Tomorrowland Transit Authority spiel guy's voice.

Go ahead, say it a few times. I'll wait.

Now, you know what's coming next.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring.

My favorite pun EVER!

Man, I wonder if Carrie Bradshaw ever went to Disney. She would lose it over that pun.

Um... anyway, the astronaut ice cream is kind of a tradition of ours. I was fascinated by that stuff when I was a kid!

I mean, it's ice cream, but it's neither icy nor creamy. Discuss. (Also: Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island. Discuss.)

It's basically like eating slightly tasty compacted dust. Not really sure why we still buy it. But you know, it's one of those things. Some people buy ears on all their trips, some buy T-shirts. We buy dust.

This pic really doesn't capture how pretty the garland and lights wrapped around these lampposts were. It was one of my favorite little touches of the holiday decorating.

After a few rounds in Space, we crossed right back over to Frontierland for ANOTHER Splashathon.

Yeah, we're redundant, marathon-lovin' McLovins.

Our official last name.

We had it legally changed after our 2010 trip. It was like when Phoebe Buffay changed her name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock, but even cooler.

After the Splashathon, WHEW. We were tired. I mean... we had been tired anyway. But now we were tired-er. And had wet butts.

So naturally we went BACK to Tomorrowland. Again. For one more journey into Space. Kind of like Stacey's wash cycle and spin cycle, but with Splash and Space instead of Kali River Rapids and Primeval Whirl. Which, lbr, don't really compare to the MK classics.

I posted on Twitter
"My a** is wet. I have no idea why." "...Probably cause we went on Splash Mountain 100 times?"

HAHAHAHA. Yup. That first quote is me and the second is my mom. I was so tired that I forgot about why I had a soggy bottom. Even though we had JUST engaged in a Splashathon... moments before. Wow.

After Space Mountain, we walked through a deserted Tomorrowland and over to Main Street, where we lingered for a while.

My mom was shopping in the stores quite a bit, but I was more into taking one BILLION pictures.

It's just the most beautiful place in the world. I can never stop taking photos. I was also trying a lot of different settings and stuff on my new camera here, which was lots of fun!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #815
__disneygirl

So as we headed out of the park, I became very obsessed with the inside of the train station (lower level). It's kind of like a mini One Man's Dream in there. You should definitely check it out next time if you never have.

My Hero.

41 years! True love. <3

Until next time, MK.

We went to go wait for the Pop Century bus and I met an ADORABLE little boy in line. He was holding a Bolt stuffed animal and wearing a shirt with Bolt on it too. He started talking to me right away. I can't remember the first thing he said, but we ended up talking about how Bolt rocks. I remember him saying, "Bolt rocks...and so does Toy Story." EXTREMELY matter of factly, like he was reading the Bill of Rights or something. And I was like OMG YES WELL TOY STORY IS ON A WHOLE OTHER LEVEL and we talked about Toy Story Mania and he told me he was 5 years old but "Still got BEST IN THE VEHICLE."

We high fived. I loved that kid.

I posted on Twitter"
Just had a convo with a 5 year old boy about Bolt. This is why I love Disney, I only have conversations with cool people about cool things.

Very true. Back at Pop, I set an early wake up call so I could make the most of our last full day.

Thank you for staying with us. We wish you magical dreams.

Up Next: The Hall of Presidents Mad Dash
Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 AM   #816
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

I am so happy that you had such an amazing trip! It was so fun to hear all of your twitter updates. And, how awesome is it that this trip went slowly, and that now you are refreshed and feel happy, as opposed to the dreaded Post-Disney Depression that so frequently afflicts us Disney addicts? I hope that my trip does the same thing for me. Four more days! I can not wait to hear all about your October trip!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #817
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
I have wanted a break from it for a long time, but I can't just take a break, I need to be doing something productive that I love while I do that...
I know that feeling exactly! Otherwise it would feel like taking a step back in life, even if you need the break really badly.

Quote:
except one that says they need voices for the Genie, and I don't think I'm the one they are looking for LOL
You never know- could be your true calling in life

Quote:
It's funny that you said that about Facebook too cause I completely live vicariously through my friend's pictures too
Ahhh it's so bad- such an awesome life it would be! I have another good friend who is playing Betty Boop at Universal Studios Japan. I'm always looking at her pictures way too much

Good work getting back to your dwelling place!
I'm really happy that this trip did everything it did for you.
Seems like Disney trips are really good for re-evaluating where you are in life and where you want to be heading-at least for me they have been.

Quote:
It's Disney! Guns and all bad things don't exist!
Nothing sets the mood for a family friendly dinner like wall guns...

Quote:
My notes here are really dodgy. Yes, dodgy. I use British terms. Deal with it. Mate.
And Australian terms....mate. So proud

Ahhhh its all so pretty at night with the lights!!!
PERFECT!!!!

The Bolt kid sounds awesome! He deserves all the high fives for his awesomeness!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #818
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Seeing all these pictures and knowing tonight is the first night the dream lights are on the castle just made me SAD. Which isn't normal because it's supposed to make me happy but this is the first year I'm not going to see it in person after going in December two years in a row and it just stinks. IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN, I TELL YOU. But enough about me...

The Splash-through-Space-athon sounds like a great time! Though I wonder why your butt was wet?

Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #819
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
I am so happy that you had such an amazing trip! It was so fun to hear all of your twitter updates. And, how awesome is it that this trip went slowly, and that now you are refreshed and feel happy, as opposed to the dreaded Post-Disney Depression that so frequently afflicts us Disney addicts? I hope that my trip does the same thing for me. Four more days! I can not wait to hear all about your October trip!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the updates!

The PDD definitely isn't as bad this time. It's a WONDERFUL feeling to feel so content with the trip as opposed to feeling like I was ripped out of Disney while kicking and screaming. I'm very thankful!

LUCKY YOU GOING SO SOON!!!! Have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post

I know that feeling exactly! Otherwise it would feel like taking a step back in life, even if you need the break really badly.

You never know- could be your true calling in life

Ahhh it's so bad- such an awesome life it would be! I have another good friend who is playing Betty Boop at Universal Studios Japan. I'm always looking at her pictures way too much

Good work getting back to your dwelling place!
I'm really happy that this trip did everything it did for you.
Seems like Disney trips are really good for re-evaluating where you are in life and where you want to be heading-at least for me they have been.

Nothing sets the mood for a family friendly dinner like wall guns...

And Australian terms....mate. So proud

Ahhhh its all so pretty at night with the lights!!!
PERFECT!!!!

The Bolt kid sounds awesome! He deserves all the high fives for his awesomeness!
Right, exactly! As Walt Disney said, we have to keep moving forward!

Ahh that's amazing. I would LOVE to work in Japan at Tokyo Disney. I became totally obsessed with the Tokyo theme parks earlier this year... if I see an audition for that I am so going. I mean, you never know.

Thank you! They really are. I always start to examine my life like halfway through the trip, but this one really provided a certain amount of clarity that I really needed!!

AHH I KNOW. Tonight is the first night of the year they are lighting the castle dream lights, actually, so these pictures are pretty much what the MK looks like right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Seeing all these pictures and knowing tonight is the first night the dream lights are on the castle just made me SAD. Which isn't normal because it's supposed to make me happy but this is the first year I'm not going to see it in person after going in December two years in a row and it just stinks. IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN, I TELL YOU. But enough about me...

The Splash-through-Space-athon sounds like a great time! Though I wonder why your butt was wet?

AHH yeah I wish I was going at some point during the Christmas season. I definitely miss it. Ah well, hopefully next year.

My butt was wet because there were hardly any people in the park, so they kept sending out empty or only partly full logs on Splash, so the water would just splash into the log, resulting in us sitting in puddles basically. SO WORTH IT ANYWAY. hahaha.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #820
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

AHHH MICKEY'S STAR TRADERS, PAGING MR. MORROW. So much love.

Hahaha oh my goodness, I want some of that space ice cream. I remember loving space food when I was little too. My first grade teacher was OBSESSED with Space so 80% of our class said they were going to be astrounauts when they grew up. I don't think anyone followed through.

Did you know they close Splash during EMH now? Yeah. I'm still crying.

HAHAHAHAHA PRINCESS CONSUELA BANANA HAMMOCK YES YES YES.

Your Main Street pictures just make me happy. Main Street USA is my home. Like, I'm convinced I live there.

Oh and I love children. They're fantastic.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #821
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
My butt was wet because there were hardly any people in the park, so they kept sending out empty or only partly full logs on Splash, so the water would just splash into the log, resulting in us sitting in puddles basically. SO WORTH IT ANYWAY. hahaha.
Hahah, I was quoting you! "Why is my a** so wet?"

Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #822
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
AHHH MICKEY'S STAR TRADERS, PAGING MR. MORROW. So much love.

Hahaha oh my goodness, I want some of that space ice cream. I remember loving space food when I was little too. My first grade teacher was OBSESSED with Space so 80% of our class said they were going to be astrounauts when they grew up. I don't think anyone followed through.

Did you know they close Splash during EMH now? Yeah. I'm still crying.

HAHAHAHAHA PRINCESS CONSUELA BANANA HAMMOCK YES YES YES.

Your Main Street pictures just make me happy. Main Street USA is my home. Like, I'm convinced I live there.

Oh and I love children. They're fantastic.
GAH can they please bring the old voice back? If they started calling it the Peoplemover again after all these years, maybe there is hope!

That's funny! I didn't think many people remembered the space food! I think they are phasing it out, cause I see it less and less. I don't think they had it this time.

Wait...WHAT? It was open when I was there! It was really windy out though, so I didn't go on.

AHH Jess, I wish we lived there. Ah well, soon you'll live VERY close to there! And I will be up here living vicariously though you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hahah, I was quoting you! "Why is my a** so wet?"

Oh, LOL. Missed that one.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #823
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Wait...WHAT? It was open when I was there! It was really windy out though, so I didn't go on.

AHH Jess, I wish we lived there. Ah well, soon you'll live VERY close to there! And I will be up here living vicariously though you!!
Ah really!? Well, maybe they haven't started yet. I saw that they were going to start doing that soon. I hope it's a lie but I don't think so.

ME TOO. We will soon though. I have no doubt!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #824
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Ah really!? Well, maybe they haven't started yet. I saw that they were going to start doing that soon. I hope it's a lie but I don't think so.

ME TOO. We will soon though. I have no doubt!
Yeah, it just REALLY doesn't make sense that they would close one of the most popular attractions when EMH promises shorter lines on them! Sheesh Disney.

I wish!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #825
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 13, 2011
Day 9, Part 1 In Which I Calm Down... A Little

"OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was my internal dialogue upon waking up that morning.

Not just because this was our last full day in Disney, but also because I had SLEPT THROUGH Stitch's phone call!

Eh... sort of. I literally picked up the phone and fell back asleep. With it off the hook. In my hand.

This threw a wrench into my "SPEND EVERY POSSIBLE SECOND I CAN IN THE PARKS" plan of the day.

Mom wanted to sleep in. NOT I. I had my tried and true "last full day, must do EVERYTHING" anxiety.

I always experience this. It's why I never book ADRs for our last full day or last day. Because I need to have the time free to do whatever.

Anything and everything. Whatever I didn't have time for during the rest of the trip. Whatever I have to see again before I leave. Freedom to run around Disney doing whatever I feel like... soaking every last bit in.

I wanted to get to Hollywood for rope drop so I could, AGAIN, engage in many Toy Story Mania marathons during which I would, AGAIN, kick everyone's butts and make them run home, crying for their mothers. Alas, it was now too late for that now.

So... I decided to just relax a bit. Or at least try to. Because yes, I was leaving Disney the next day. But I would be back.

The great thing about Disney is that it's always there waiting for you. Ever-changing and yet somehow, always the same. So there was really no reason for me to run around the World in a panic. I wasn't going to fit everything into the day. So why try?

This is kind of my new philosophy on life. Whatever you're doing, it's not gonna be flawless. Appreciate it for what it is instead of being disappointed it isn't perfect. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration!

So yeah, after I talked myself out of being insane (I often have to do this), I felt a lot better, and I'm sure the day ended up being a lot better for it.

Even though we had already spent a ton of time there and I knew I would be back the next day, I headed to the Magic Kingdom in the hopes that a very popular attraction would have less than a 100 minute wait so that I could finally experience it. You all know which one I'm talking about. The big one.

The Hall of Presidents!

So, as I was getting on the MK bus, the driver announced that he was cutting off the line and people behind a certain point would have to wait for the next one.

Then he said, "Don't worry folks, another one will be right along. All buses go to the magic."

Good morning, my glorious kingdom of magic!!! I missed you!!!

I love this poster. How cute are Mickey and Minnie in their teacup? And the Queen of Hearts in the back sitting alone cracks me up. Where's that tiny little King?

I love being up on the second level of the train station watching the goings on of Main Street.

Whew! Actual people! And lots of 'em. Wasn't used to seeing that sight this trip.

Drat, I hope I can make it to the Hall of Presidents in time to actually get in! I thought. Seriously, that place is like Le Cellier sometimes.

Did ya know this is a real mailbox? Your mail will be sent if you drop it in here. Same with the one in America at Epcot. I feel like there's one in Hollywood too, but who can remember?

It sure was a beautiful day that day. The weather was perfect.

However, I had to get a move on. I chanted "Hall of Presidents! Hall of Presidents!" to myself as I hoofed it on over to Liberty Square.

WHEW. I made it inside. Just barely. If only it wasn't so stressful to get in here and on Maelstrom, I'd come to Disney a lot more. Between this and the Swiss Family Treehouse, the waits are usually just too much for me.

Ok... all jokes aside: The Hall of Presidents rocks.

And I never say "all jokes aside" b/c 90% of what I say is a joke or sarcastic comment. (I am Chandler Bing. Or, should I say, could I BE any more like Chandler Bing?).

BUT SERIOUSLY!!!! All jokes ASIDE. I loved it.

I had never seen this attraction before. It's not that I wasn't interested, but I just... never really want a history lesson while at the Magic Kingdom. You know? But I am SO glad I finally saw it!

It was amazing. I really enjoyed the movie and seeing all 44 presidents together was surreal. I definitely got chills when JFK (one of my faves) stood up. Same with Obama, especially because he did a recording for it and so that mixed with how much the animatronic looked and moved like him, ahh it's so surreal! It was really beautiful.

YAY AMERICA, and all that. I will definitely be back. Maybe not every single trip, but it's an excellent attraction. Sure, it may not have drunk bears singing about their regrets, but it's still pretty good.

Next, I headed over to the Haunted Mansion. This is just one of those attractions I have to do multiple times each trip. One of my all-time faves I will never ever get bored of.

I always have to say hi to Mr. Toad on the way out. And I always take a picture.

At Disney...always look up. And always look down... for more details. I know I sound like a broken record... but seriously, DO IT.

Up Next: Meeting up with mom and going to one of our favorite restaurants from my childhood!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: