Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #46
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I've never been on the Magical Express. I feel like I'm missing out on a super fun party-on-the-motor-coach experience. I mean, I party and flail and cry and scream in the car, but cars aren't nearly as exotic as motor coaches.

I'm sorry about your missing arrival video. Cameras are evil. People are all worried about a possible robot rebellion, but the reliability of our cameras is really the more pressing issue. They are not to be trusted.

Stacey and I have frequent thumbs up-ing in common. It's dorky as all get out, but I ALWAYS do it. I have no idea why.

If you hang a right after the giant walkman...
I love Disney.

I agree, balance is important. Running around like crazy people is fun, but just sitting around and enjoying the moment with my family has become one of my favorite parts of a WDW vacation.

Those crowds. OH THE HUMANITY! How did you not hop right back on the Magical Express and head home? It's just not worth it.

What a wonderful bus driver! I've decided that I'm going to jot down the names of all the amazing CMs we encounter in July and send "So-and-so is awesome" notes to Guest Relations or something. I've been doing lots of College Program research and I've realized that while I always go out of my way to say thank you and such, there are A LOT of people who don't. These CMs deserve to know just how appreciated they are. WDW wouldn't be the same without them.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear what happened with 'Ohana! Well, I know what happened, but I need details!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #47
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Awesome start! Loving the random anecdotes, particularly the McDonald's story The crowd levels that week sound amazing! Can't wait to read more. I hope you were able to get into 'Ohana. Such a fun place!
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #48
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I keep on getting recommendations for your TRs so I finally decided to join in on the fun and I'm hooked! I love reading about people getting extremely enthusiastic about Disney as I do whenever I heard the word (Disney *twitch*) This sounds like a really fun TR and I gotta give you a big to Mr. Timon! One of the funniest lines EVER in Disney and Film History, I crack up every time I hear it. The Lion King= BEST DISNEY MOVIE EVER! (Alongside Princess & the Frog, of course ) Still need to go out and buy the darn thing, I NEEDS MY LK!!! Okay... I'll just end this crazy tangent now and just say... can't wait to read more!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #49
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Yay, you're at Disney!!!

You did a great job describing that feeling of finally arriving at your Disney resort, with the whole trip still ahead of you. The excitement is so real, it's unbelieveable.

Sounds like you got a great room!

What an awesome bus ride...I wish I was that little 5 year old girl!

Can't wait to hear about 'Ohana!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Joining in! Can not wait to hear more! I really enjoy the way you express yourself!
Aww thank you! !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I've never been on the Magical Express. I feel like I'm missing out on a super fun party-on-the-motor-coach experience. I mean, I party and flail and cry and scream in the car, but cars aren't nearly as exotic as motor coaches.

I'm sorry about your missing arrival video. Cameras are evil. People are all worried about a possible robot rebellion, but the reliability of our cameras is really the more pressing issue. They are not to be trusted.

Stacey and I have frequent thumbs up-ing in common. It's dorky as all get out, but I ALWAYS do it. I have no idea why.

If you hang a right after the giant walkman...
I love Disney.

I agree, balance is important. Running around like crazy people is fun, but just sitting around and enjoying the moment with my family has become one of my favorite parts of a WDW vacation.

Those crowds. OH THE HUMANITY! How did you not hop right back on the Magical Express and head home? It's just not worth it.

What a wonderful bus driver! I've decided that I'm going to jot down the names of all the amazing CMs we encounter in July and send "So-and-so is awesome" notes to Guest Relations or something. I've been doing lots of College Program research and I've realized that while I always go out of my way to say thank you and such, there are A LOT of people who don't. These CMs deserve to know just how appreciated they are. WDW wouldn't be the same without them.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear what happened with 'Ohana! Well, I know what happened, but I need details!!
I like Magical Express but having a car is better. The party that goes on when you go under the arch IS super fun, though.

YOU DO THE THUMBS UP ON RIDES TOO? Another reason to adore you!

LOL I know, when I wrote "hang a right after the walkman" I chuckled to myself. Disney is the best.

That is such a great idea and so sweet of you! I'm sure those CMs would really appreciate it. They deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBsHustla View Post
Awesome start! Loving the random anecdotes, particularly the McDonald's story The crowd levels that week sound amazing! Can't wait to read more. I hope you were able to get into 'Ohana. Such a fun place!
Thank you!!! I'm glad someone enjoys my random tangents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I keep on getting recommendations for your TRs so I finally decided to join in on the fun and I'm hooked! I love reading about people getting extremely enthusiastic about Disney as I do whenever I heard the word (Disney *twitch*) This sounds like a really fun TR and I gotta give you a big to Mr. Timon! One of the funniest lines EVER in Disney and Film History, I crack up every time I hear it. The Lion King= BEST DISNEY MOVIE EVER! (Alongside Princess & the Frog, of course ) Still need to go out and buy the darn thing, I NEEDS MY LK!!! Okay... I'll just end this crazy tangent now and just say... can't wait to read more!
Aww yay! Thanks for joining in! Timon is the best. I still can't believe they put a line about dressing in drag in kid's movie. LOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Yay, you're at Disney!!!

You did a great job describing that feeling of finally arriving at your Disney resort, with the whole trip still ahead of you. The excitement is so real, it's unbelieveable.

Sounds like you got a great room!

What an awesome bus ride...I wish I was that little 5 year old girl!

Can't wait to hear about 'Ohana!
Aww, thank you! I often feel like I'm not describing things well so it is awesome to hear that!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!

The Disney never ends. Omg. I love my life so much.

I still say we need to write the rest of that Livin it up song. I sing it constantly. Stacey is my idol. I probably watched her a total of 50 times this trip. And I would have watched her more if it wasn't for freakin' ESPN and my brother and my Dad.

I love that your Mom loves stacey now. Awesome.

YAY FORESHADOWING

WHAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl
Yeah, it's an awesome trip report. People love it. If you haven't read it, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE!! GET OVER THERE!!
I love you. And you can totally get away with saying that because it totally is!!!

Disclaimer. Ahh you're killin' me already. I want to apologize in advance for these long comments. But hey, you know me.

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarietheCat24
That screencap of Stacey is killing me. She is America's greatest treasure.
Kara, you kill me too. God, I love you two. AND STACEY!!!!!!

----------------

WOOHOO A LIMOOOO! What an awesome start!

My appreciation for Walt is like sky rocketing by 4305987875634760294875093876 million right now. So I totally find that super magical.

AHH YAY I'M GOING TO RECOGNIZE YOUR TWEETS NOW! This is exciting.
PS do you mind if I incorporate my tweets in my upcoming TR? I don't want to steal your idea but it's pretty much brilliant.

This McDonald's story is fantastic. And I love your little tangents. KEEP EM COMING, KEEP EM COMING!

And I also love your little child stories. I ALWAYS listen in to the children's conversations. I absolutely just love them. They make me tear up. SO CUTE OMG.

HULA TIMON! Awesome. And cute cute cute mickey nails!! Kristen always does that mickey one haha. I don't think I have yet! I better get on that next time.

------------------

I want to hear about your making your own Red Velvet Cupcake experience!

YAY FOR GETTING TO THE ROOM! YAY FOR THE 80'S SECTION! YAY FOR POP! YAY FOR VANNA WHITE TIMON! omg I can FEEL the excitement.

AHH Stacey! Her show is SO short now. It sort of really disappoints me because I miss her old crazy self. But hey, it's Stace. The queen of the Disney World. Nothing is better than watching her 18 million times in a row.

That is SUCH a beautiful story about that CM and the little princess. Oh my GOD. Like... if I was that child, I don't even know. I just... AHH I love disney so much. My obsession is through the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl
I love CMs that LOVE Disney and get it as much as we do. It's not just a job for them.
This is why I MUST work there. I need to marry a boy who loves Disney and move there and work there for the rest of my life. I just don't even care. That was my decision on this trip. It's all I want to do.

Ahh okay I'm sorry about that rambling tangent of Disney goodness. But THANK YOU FOR WRITING. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Can't wait for more!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #52
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

You're welcome!

The pics above were taken with a Panasonic Lumix, and yes I did bang it on my desk repeatedly to fix it! The colors are like that because I do edit them. I would not recommend the camera actually. It has a lot of great settings, but no matter what setting you put it on, it really sucked as far as high quality night shots go. The best point and shoot I had was a Sony Cybershot, if you're looking for a good one.[/QUOTE]

I am relieved that you edit them. I use an DSLR and the color satuation needs tweaking. I always recommend Nikon coolpix point and shoots to my friends. I had two over the years and they took fantastic pics. I've never played with the Sony. If the next "fix-it" session doesn't work, you can consider the Nikon.

Oh, and of course, I am singing the song again...
Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Just finished your McLovins Trip Report and I can't wait to read this one, too!!!

We stayed in the '80s section last time we stayed at POP- my DH was thrilled, as we were born in the '80s

Can't wait to read more!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #54
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I totally teared up at the story of the totally awesome bus driver and that little girl! She must have been beyond excited!

I am totally lovin' this TR. Love your writing style and feel that you captured the arrival day feelings perfectly.

Um, I totally need to book an early December vacation at some point if the crowds are like that. (I may need to incorporate more thumbs up gestures on rides and in pics as opposed to my typical cheesy asian happy peace sign).

Stacy tv is the best kind of tv on vacation. I was utterly devastated when we stayed in Orlando over the summer and didn't have Disney tv (but maybe the fact that we were on Universal property had something to do with that).
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #55
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yes, I am addicted to Tumblr! I already love you for noticing this LOL. I use Tumblr talk in real life constantly, but thankfully most of my friends are addicted too so they understand what I'm talking about. I'm also obsessed with Twitter. I hate Facebook though. I kind of miss MySpace. And I used to LIVE on Livejournal. Buuuut I digress.

It's probably not real meat. Who even knows what it is. and OOH I really have to try that wildberry lemonade. It's probably like 4,000 calories per cup though.

Your Crocs sound amazing! I really would like some new ones. I want the kids ones too because they are just cooler. Luckily I have small feet so it will probably work out!

I haven't seen the Jeremy Sumpter Peter Pan yet! My friend who I saw the play with is obsessed with it and has been telling me to watch it forEVER, so I'm definitely going to this weekend. So far I rewatched Disney's Peter Pan and Hook, so that's next! Sigh, I love all of them so much!
Haha, I pretty much exclusively interact with science-y people and NO ONE uses it. No one watches cartoons or teenage dramas or, you know, TV (stupid Colorado) so Tumblr is totally an ~outlet.~ I still have my livejournal floating around, I use it to read the news (for some reason or another).

The only thing that is awful about wildberry lemonade is that it's 50 cents for a refill. I never have actual money on me and I feel so awkward using a debit card for 50 cents.

I wear either a 6.5 or a 7 in shoes and the juniors' sizes for crocs fit me. And since I never learned how to walk properly in clogs, I can walk! They lace up! Minimal weird plastic-y smell! Wins all around!

I think the 2003 Peter Pan was the adaptation that came closest to the actual book (as much as I love Rufio, it's just not the same). It's just so wonderfully filmed and precious and gorgeous (also Jason Isaacs) and I love it. And Rachel Hurd-Wood is pretty much a perfect Wendy.

You know, I don't know if I've ever been on the ME buses because I've only ever flown in for school trips and I definitely don't remember any movies. Maybe Disney secretly does hate tour groups.

Ahh, early December looks so nice compared to mid-to-late December. Though I still wouldn't want to take the buses. Especially since there's no set schedule. How do you have buses without a schedule posted?! How do you know when to line up? There are existential differences between my way of life and Disney Transportation's way of life. But there are no fun transportation people in a car (the tram people are not quite as fun. Or give annoying spiels about Epcot when they should just be driving me to Epcot).

I'm glad Disney has start trending towards the 'give everyone a personality and personal story arc!!' in their movies because, let's be real, the early princes are boring (except for Philip but that doesn't translate into a face character apparently).
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #56
arbolita
DIS Veteran

AHHH Only two posts in and I'm already behind in my commenting. This isn't a good sign. HERE WE GO:

I also LOVE seeing all the kids in the airport on our way down to Orlando, especially when they have their Mickey/Princess/Cars luggage. So adorable.

The fake monorail is awesome. It just totally sets the mood for the beginning of an amazing trip.

TIMON! I love that it looks like he's wearing Minnie's hairbow in that first picture. Oh Timon, you so crazy.

Main Street Electrical Parade music brings back suck amazing memories for me. I know most people like Spectro better, but MSEP was my very first Disney parade, I was so so so happy when they brought it back. The music from that is probably in my top 5 favorite Disney Parks tracks.

STACEY!! Whenever we enter our room during the trip, not just the first time, but even when we're returning from the parks, my husband and I always have to turn the TV on say "I wonder what the Must Dos are?" Oh Stacey. They'd better bring her back to do the updated video once Fantasyland is open. Nobody else could do it justice.

Awww @ the bus driver talking about the girl's birthday. Love it when Disney cast members do things like that to make someone's trip so special and memorable.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!

The Disney never ends. Omg. I love my life so much.

I still say we need to write the rest of that Livin it up song. I sing it constantly. Stacey is my idol. I probably watched her a total of 50 times this trip. And I would have watched her more if it wasn't for freakin' ESPN and my brother and my Dad.

I love that your Mom loves stacey now. Awesome.

YAY FORESHADOWING

WHAM!

I love you. And you can totally get away with saying that because it totally is!!!

Disclaimer. Ahh you're killin' me already. I want to apologize in advance for these long comments. But hey, you know me.

------------------

Kara, you kill me too. God, I love you two. AND STACEY!!!!!!

----------------

WOOHOO A LIMOOOO! What an awesome start!

My appreciation for Walt is like sky rocketing by 4305987875634760294875093876 million right now. So I totally find that super magical.

AHH YAY I'M GOING TO RECOGNIZE YOUR TWEETS NOW! This is exciting.
PS do you mind if I incorporate my tweets in my upcoming TR? I don't want to steal your idea but it's pretty much brilliant.

This McDonald's story is fantastic. And I love your little tangents. KEEP EM COMING, KEEP EM COMING!

And I also love your little child stories. I ALWAYS listen in to the children's conversations. I absolutely just love them. They make me tear up. SO CUTE OMG.

HULA TIMON! Awesome. And cute cute cute mickey nails!! Kristen always does that mickey one haha. I don't think I have yet! I better get on that next time.

------------------

I want to hear about your making your own Red Velvet Cupcake experience!

YAY FOR GETTING TO THE ROOM! YAY FOR THE 80'S SECTION! YAY FOR POP! YAY FOR VANNA WHITE TIMON! omg I can FEEL the excitement.

AHH Stacey! Her show is SO short now. It sort of really disappoints me because I miss her old crazy self. But hey, it's Stace. The queen of the Disney World. Nothing is better than watching her 18 million times in a row.

That is SUCH a beautiful story about that CM and the little princess. Oh my GOD. Like... if I was that child, I don't even know. I just... AHH I love disney so much. My obsession is through the room.

This is why I MUST work there. I need to marry a boy who loves Disney and move there and work there for the rest of my life. I just don't even care. That was my decision on this trip. It's all I want to do.

Ahh okay I'm sorry about that rambling tangent of Disney goodness. But THANK YOU FOR WRITING. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Can't wait for more!
YAY!!!!! The Disney never ends and it never will!

haha, at the beginning of our trip my mom kept being like, "Please can we watch normal TV?" and I would just be like "No, we're watching Stacey." Period!!

Of course you can use the tweets in your report!

I will definitely keep the tangents coming... if you need someone to ramble on and on endlessly... look no further than me!

Thank you!!! You and Kristen are the queens of awesome Disney nails, so that is quite a compliment

The cupcakes were alright. To the untrained mouth, I'm sure they were much better, but to me, I was just comparing them to Starring Rolls and they are nowhere near as good! But everyone liked them. At first I bought the frosting b/c I didn't feel like making it from scratch, but it was really crappy... it just tasted like vanilla, not cream cheese, so my mom home made some and it was really good. Not as good as Disney, but you know, nothing is.

I miss the longer Stacey show and her being more crazy so much!!! I miss when the tribal rhythm was all...mmm... in her blood, and when she was yelling at the LAAAAZY PEOPLE IN THE LAAAAAZZYYYY RIVER. I miss her Triple. Mountain. WHAMMY!!!!!!!!!! and everything else. Sigh.

Aww I hope you get to work at Disney someday and find the perfect fellow Disney-loving Prince!! I have a feeling you just might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I am relieved that you edit them. I use an DSLR and the color satuation needs tweaking. I always recommend Nikon coolpix point and shoots to my friends. I had two over the years and they took fantastic pics. I've never played with the Sony. If the next "fix-it" session doesn't work, you can consider the Nikon.

Oh, and of course, I am singing the song again...
The latest time crashing my camera against a hard surface did NOT work... but that is a story for later on in the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Just finished your McLovins Trip Report and I can't wait to read this one, too!!!

We stayed in the '80s section last time we stayed at POP- my DH was thrilled, as we were born in the '80s

Can't wait to read more!
Yay!! Thanks for stickin' with me over here!!

I love the 80's! Mostly for the movies... I've always been a bit obsessed with The Brat pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Oh my goodness, I totally teared up at the story of the totally awesome bus driver and that little girl! She must have been beyond excited!

I am totally lovin' this TR. Love your writing style and feel that you captured the arrival day feelings perfectly.

Um, I totally need to book an early December vacation at some point if the crowds are like that. (I may need to incorporate more thumbs up gestures on rides and in pics as opposed to my typical cheesy asian happy peace sign).

Stacy tv is the best kind of tv on vacation. I was utterly devastated when we stayed in Orlando over the summer and didn't have Disney tv (but maybe the fact that we were on Universal property had something to do with that).
Thank you!!! So glad you're enjoying it.

I definitely recommend going in early December! Though if you do go, get all your holiday crap done before you go, so you can just relax when you get home.

This is why I can't stay off property. There is no Stacey and Mickey and Stitch don't call you there. These are two essentials to enjoying any Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Haha, I pretty much exclusively interact with science-y people and NO ONE uses it. No one watches cartoons or teenage dramas or, you know, TV (stupid Colorado) so Tumblr is totally an ~outlet.~ I still have my livejournal floating around, I use it to read the news (for some reason or another).

The only thing that is awful about wildberry lemonade is that it's 50 cents for a refill. I never have actual money on me and I feel so awkward using a debit card for 50 cents.

I wear either a 6.5 or a 7 in shoes and the juniors' sizes for crocs fit me. And since I never learned how to walk properly in clogs, I can walk! They lace up! Minimal weird plastic-y smell! Wins all around!

I think the 2003 Peter Pan was the adaptation that came closest to the actual book (as much as I love Rufio, it's just not the same). It's just so wonderfully filmed and precious and gorgeous (also Jason Isaacs) and I love it. And Rachel Hurd-Wood is pretty much a perfect Wendy.

You know, I don't know if I've ever been on the ME buses because I've only ever flown in for school trips and I definitely don't remember any movies. Maybe Disney secretly does hate tour groups.

Ahh, early December looks so nice compared to mid-to-late December. Though I still wouldn't want to take the buses. Especially since there's no set schedule. How do you have buses without a schedule posted?! How do you know when to line up? There are existential differences between my way of life and Disney Transportation's way of life. But there are no fun transportation people in a car (the tram people are not quite as fun. Or give annoying spiels about Epcot when they should just be driving me to Epcot).

I'm glad Disney has start trending towards the 'give everyone a personality and personal story arc!!' in their movies because, let's be real, the early princes are boring (except for Philip but that doesn't translate into a face character apparently).
NO ONE WATCHES TEEN DRAMAS?! I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Thank God you have Tumblr!

I ended up loving the 2003 Peter Pan! I still prefer the 1953 film b/c of my incurable obsession with all things Disney, but it was truly beautiful. and YES, JASON ISAACS. I would talk about how I feel about him but there are several words/scenarios that are not appropriate for the DIS so I'll just say this: I dig that guy.

hahaha as annoying as the buses can be, I love them. You need to take at least one Disney bus ride! I love the spiels, I really do. I just hate waiting for them to come, load, and then having to stand sometimes is just UGH. But besides that, I love them.

I agree SO MUCH about the princes! Though I do find Aladdin and the Beast to be quite interesting and have great stories to them, but Prince Charming in Snow White and Cinderella are basically just there to look good. Prince Eric is a bit boring too. However... Eugene Fitzherbert... is the best. I actually read that they changed the name of the film from Rapunzel to Tangled so that people would know it's not just all about the princess and it's for boys to identify with too and stuff. Apparently a lot of people didn't like this decision but I think it was smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
AHHH Only two posts in and I'm already behind in my commenting. This isn't a good sign. HERE WE GO:

I also LOVE seeing all the kids in the airport on our way down to Orlando, especially when they have their Mickey/Princess/Cars luggage. So adorable.

The fake monorail is awesome. It just totally sets the mood for the beginning of an amazing trip.

TIMON! I love that it looks like he's wearing Minnie's hairbow in that first picture. Oh Timon, you so crazy.

Main Street Electrical Parade music brings back suck amazing memories for me. I know most people like Spectro better, but MSEP was my very first Disney parade, I was so so so happy when they brought it back. The music from that is probably in my top 5 favorite Disney Parks tracks.

STACEY!! Whenever we enter our room during the trip, not just the first time, but even when we're returning from the parks, my husband and I always have to turn the TV on say "I wonder what the Must Dos are?" Oh Stacey. They'd better bring her back to do the updated video once Fantasyland is open. Nobody else could do it justice.

Awww @ the bus driver talking about the girl's birthday. Love it when Disney cast members do things like that to make someone's trip so special and memorable.
haha I love the kiddie luggage!!! I need Disney luggage!

I agree... once I get on the fake monorail I feel like the trip is really STARTING.

I feel the same way about MSEP, though I think I do like Spectro better. But MSEP reminds me of being like 5-10 years old during my first Disney trips and those are such precious memories!

Stacey was recently a guest on a Disney podcast and she said we will be seeing more of her at Disney in the future!!! SO glad she's not going anywhere anytime soon!

Thanks for reading everyone!!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #58
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post

Stacey was recently a guest on a Disney podcast and she said we will be seeing more of her at Disney in the future!!! SO glad she's not going anywhere anytime soon!
YESYESYESYESYES!

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN ALL OF 2012!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #59
dara00
DIS Veteran

joining in. so far, it's great! so funny. I did not know of this Stacey until now, pretty cool!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #60
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
YESYESYESYESYES!

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN ALL OF 2012!
OMG. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING SUCH BEAUTIFUL AND MAGICAL GIFS INTO THIS TR!!! Sigh... I love my readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
joining in. so far, it's great! so funny. I did not know of this Stacey until now, pretty cool!
Thank you so much! !!!!!!!!

Your life will be better now that Stacey is in it, trust me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: