Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #556
awdwnut
Mouseketeer

Hey Lia,

We are so happy for you!!! I cant wait to read your TR for this next trip. MNSSHP is so freaking awsome and the parade is (imo) the best in all of WDW. We will be going to the very first MNSSHP this year and I might even try to swing going to the second party as well.

I have a feeling that you two are going to take "LIVIN IT UP!!" to a whole new level......

awdwnut
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #557
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Hey Lia,

We are so happy for you!!! I cant wait to read your TR for this next trip. MNSSHP is so freaking awsome and the parade is (imo) the best in all of WDW. We will be going to the very first MNSSHP this year and I might even try to swing going to the second party as well.

I have a feeling that you two are going to take "LIVIN IT UP!!" to a whole new level......

awdwnut
Hi! Aww, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm happy to hear another great review of MNSSHP. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! It must be amazing if you're doing it twice!!! Make sure you report back to me on how it goes, I would love to hear about your experiences!

And regarding the Livin It Up... OH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #558
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YES he is the dreamiest of the dreamy. Omg, I would love to meet Zachary just to hear his voice in person. I'd probably fall totally in love with him. I wish he would call me and just talk to me as Eugene. Is that insane? Yes, but I don't care.

Aww! Yeah, I have to make sure that when I have kids I have all the Disney classics prepared and ready to show them so that they get what everything in Disney is. Tarzan's Treehouse would make more sense... kinda. I mean, Tarzan isn't even that popular of a Disney movie. It should be, though, I think they did a beautiful job with the story. I loved Tarzan Rocks over at AK. Even though I make fun of the Swiss Family Treehouse though, I have to say I don't really want it changed just b/c it's a classic Disney thing that's been there for so long. So I guess I have mixed feelings on it!

WOW that sounds amazing! I had no idea about that! I don't know that much about the cruise ships to be honest. I've always wanted to go on one, but WDW always takes my first vacation priority.
That would be pure bliss to get a phone call from Eugene. He does have SUCH a dreamy voice. I love the smolder, but I don't even need the smolder to swoon. he is so amazing.

I think Tarzan is way underrated, they did so great with it! I always really liked it. I remember it being kinda big when it came out or maybe it was just pushed really hard? Even though, I've never experienced Swiss Family Tree either (those dang lines!!!), I do hope it stays. I mean, it still sounds awesome to go play in a super sweet treehouse, even if you don't know what the heck its from!

Lol I am obsessed with the cruise ships. But I always end up in WDW because a.) its WDW and b.) for the amount of a short cruise, you could do a lot of time at WDW and I feel like if I was only on a 3 or 4 day something, I would be underwhelmed and not get my Disney fill. I do have a Disney cruise in my future though, because apparently my boyfriend's dad wants to take us all on one. I won't complain and I will not get on a plane home without setting foot at WDW. #winwin
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #559
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay I'm so glad you have another Disney trip planned! And in October! It's seriously one of the best times to go! I know I say it a million times, I'm a Christmas girl, so I prefer going when the parks are decorated for Christmas, but October is almost as amazing! Will this be your first MNSSHP? You are going to LOVE it! Especially the parade. The Haunted Mansion part especially...I can't. It's just SO good! AND the Food and Wine festival!!! Ahhhhh I'm so excited for you!

Haha, you know, I've never seen the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, and I always figured I'd give it a try someday, but now that I know your mom can't stay awake for it, I'm not sure I'll bother!

Snow White has never been one of my favorite rides, but I am sad it's gone forever. I really love Snow White, she's one of my favorite princesses, so it's sad that her ride is done. I guess she's getting that mine train, that sounds pretty cool, but I wish they'd stop demolishing all of the classics in MK.

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #560
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
That would be pure bliss to get a phone call from Eugene. He does have SUCH a dreamy voice. I love the smolder, but I don't even need the smolder to swoon. he is so amazing.

I think Tarzan is way underrated, they did so great with it! I always really liked it. I remember it being kinda big when it came out or maybe it was just pushed really hard? Even though, I've never experienced Swiss Family Tree either (those dang lines!!!), I do hope it stays. I mean, it still sounds awesome to go play in a super sweet treehouse, even if you don't know what the heck its from!

Lol I am obsessed with the cruise ships. But I always end up in WDW because a.) its WDW and b.) for the amount of a short cruise, you could do a lot of time at WDW and I feel like if I was only on a 3 or 4 day something, I would be underwhelmed and not get my Disney fill. I do have a Disney cruise in my future though, because apparently my boyfriend's dad wants to take us all on one. I won't complain and I will not get on a plane home without setting foot at WDW. #winwin
haha so true! While I love the smolder, it's just not necessary!

I agree, it's super underrated! I think it was pretty big when it came out, it definitely did well.

That is so awesome about your boyfriend's dad taking you all on a Disney cruise!!! What a dream! That is gonna be a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay I'm so glad you have another Disney trip planned! And in October! It's seriously one of the best times to go! I know I say it a million times, I'm a Christmas girl, so I prefer going when the parks are decorated for Christmas, but October is almost as amazing! Will this be your first MNSSHP? You are going to LOVE it! Especially the parade. The Haunted Mansion part especially...I can't. It's just SO good! AND the Food and Wine festival!!! Ahhhhh I'm so excited for you!

Haha, you know, I've never seen the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, and I always figured I'd give it a try someday, but now that I know your mom can't stay awake for it, I'm not sure I'll bother!

Snow White has never been one of my favorite rides, but I am sad it's gone forever. I really love Snow White, she's one of my favorite princesses, so it's sad that her ride is done. I guess she's getting that mine train, that sounds pretty cool, but I wish they'd stop demolishing all of the classics in MK.
YES!! It's my favorite time to go. The Food & Wine Festival is just my favorite thing ever pretty much. I am so excited I could burst!!! I don't even know what to do with myself. I was just saying how I'm so happy work is about to get really busy because I have to occupy my mind with something besides waiting for Disney or I will go nuts! ANd yes, it's my first time doing MNSSHP. AHH I CAN'T WAIT.

Oh forget about my mom, that attraction is hilarious! Trust me... you shouldn't miss it!

It's the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train though. I'm glad they are utilizing one of the coolest looking parts of the film, but I will still miss a ride that features the whole Snow White story. I just hate change in Disney I guess. I like my Disney the way it is! Unless they decide to start giving away Cheddar Cheese Soup with every booking... that is a change I would approve.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #561
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ooh how exciting about your trip! We are there just before you- I'll make sure it's all warmed up for you.
You're going to have soo much fun!!!
Good to hear that you will be there with bells on...but not literal bells... metaphorical bells are the best anyway.

Woah watch out for the Swiss Family Treehouse stampede!
I don't even know how that tree supports the masses?!?!
I hope others joined in on your chant- I sure would have...

Oh snack drunk- happens at least a handful of times each trip.
Those snacks should come with warnings! That's when all the crazy happens!

Roz is a gem! Love her.

I am sure your mother would have appreciated you screaming that in her ear.
Such a subtle way to get across the message- almost as subtle as if she had woken to a whole audience of people laughing while she was up on the screens sleeping hehe

Totally agree with you and the others about getting rid of Snow white

Awwhh that last picture of the castle is super pretty and so christmasy looking
Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #562
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Oh wow, you and your mom really "live it up" at night, don't ya? I swear as the day has died down, the chapters have become more hyper and crazier. I guess that's what food drunk does to you lol Sorry to hear that the MK equivalent of Maelstrom had a long wait But Tomorrowland is a good back-up plan.

LOL @ your mom sleeping on the Laugh Floor. I seriously don't understand why she would sleep in that show. Besides "NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!!", Laugh Floor and the AI experience are the worst shows to go to sleep in. Seriously? My mom got singled out because my dad and sister were trying to find us. It was pretty funny, but sleeping... yeah, major ridicule! to riding Space Mountain to wake you guys up *wink, wink*

YAY FANTASYLAND! You guys seemed to start out with a good track record for Night EMH there so far. I mean you seemed to get on Peter Pan's Flight fairly quickly, that's definitely a good sign. Love your pictures of the Castle, they are so pretty, especially the one where you can see right through the Castle to Main Street, that's a very rare site in most cases (sadly).

I totally agree about the Snow White situation. Like they really REALLY need ANOTHER place for M&Gs. Seriously, why can't they be like DLR and let the characters roam around wherever no true designated meeting areas. Snow White was my first ride EVER in Disney so it's near and dear to me, BUT it's gone now, being replaced by a M&G they basically already have everywhere in MK. :P Disney made a bad choice on that one :/

Can't wait to read about the rest of your crazy, food-induced drunk EMH night at MK!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #563
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ooh how exciting about your trip! We are there just before you- I'll make sure it's all warmed up for you.
You're going to have soo much fun!!!
Good to hear that you will be there with bells on...but not literal bells... metaphorical bells are the best anyway.

Woah watch out for the Swiss Family Treehouse stampede!
I don't even know how that tree supports the masses?!?!
I hope others joined in on your chant- I sure would have...

Oh snack drunk- happens at least a handful of times each trip.
Those snacks should come with warnings! That's when all the crazy happens!

Roz is a gem! Love her.

I am sure your mother would have appreciated you screaming that in her ear.
Such a subtle way to get across the message- almost as subtle as if she had woken to a whole audience of people laughing while she was up on the screens sleeping hehe

Totally agree with you and the others about getting rid of Snow white

Awwhh that last picture of the castle is super pretty and so christmasy looking
Yay! Thank you! I hope you have an amazing trip too! Isn't October just the best time to go? And yes I agree, metaphorical bells are always the way to go. Unless you're like... Santa or something and have literal sleigh bells, then it's fine.

Come to think of it.. I'm NOT sure how that tree stands up. It gets more traffic than Soarin'!

hahaha so true!

OH man, if she falls asleep a third time the next time I go to Disney with her... I may have to yell that.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh wow, you and your mom really "live it up" at night, don't ya? I swear as the day has died down, the chapters have become more hyper and crazier. I guess that's what food drunk does to you lol Sorry to hear that the MK equivalent of Maelstrom had a long wait But Tomorrowland is a good back-up plan.

LOL @ your mom sleeping on the Laugh Floor. I seriously don't understand why she would sleep in that show. Besides "NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!!", Laugh Floor and the AI experience are the worst shows to go to sleep in. Seriously? My mom got singled out because my dad and sister were trying to find us. It was pretty funny, but sleeping... yeah, major ridicule! to riding Space Mountain to wake you guys up *wink, wink*

YAY FANTASYLAND! You guys seemed to start out with a good track record for Night EMH there so far. I mean you seemed to get on Peter Pan's Flight fairly quickly, that's definitely a good sign. Love your pictures of the Castle, they are so pretty, especially the one where you can see right through the Castle to Main Street, that's a very rare site in most cases (sadly).

I totally agree about the Snow White situation. Like they really REALLY need ANOTHER place for M&Gs. Seriously, why can't they be like DLR and let the characters roam around wherever no true designated meeting areas. Snow White was my first ride EVER in Disney so it's near and dear to me, BUT it's gone now, being replaced by a M&G they basically already have everywhere in MK. :P Disney made a bad choice on that one :/

Can't wait to read about the rest of your crazy, food-induced drunk EMH night at MK!
We Live it Up at all times, but yes, especially at night!

Hmmm I don't know. Maybe she is smarter than us all and was fake sleeping to get the monsters to notice us both times we saw Laugh Floor. hahahaha

There was no wait for Peter Pan, maybe less than 5 minutes? There never is a wait for anything when we do EMH since we go during such low crowd times as it is, EMH is usually super empty, especially as it gets later.

Thank you! I love that one where you can see Main Street through the castle too! It was so surreal and pretty to look at it that way!

Oh, I love the way the characters roam around at Disneyland. It's really really cute. I wish they did more of that at WDW. I know that around the time Tangled came out they were having Rapunzel and Flynn wander around Epcot (like even Future World, which was weird cause I never see face characters there) and it was so funny and cool!

Thank you so much!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #564
__disneygirl

Hey everyone! I finally have some time today, so I thought why not have a real life/PTR update as well as a TR update (which is coming right after this)!

*Real Life Update*

WHEW I have had a busy week. I worked on two TV shows, had a meeting for my retail job (I'm the assistant manager at a really fun seasonal Halloween store), had a job interview with another retail company, choreographed & endlessly practiced several dance combinations for an audition for a really big job I have coming up... and that's only work related stuff!

Gina (one of my best friends since we were 9) came to visit, and we had a great day going to organic food restaurants (despite my eating ice cream three times a day at Disney, I'm actually a pretty healthy eater usually) and shopping! Then we ended it by going up to the fair, aka The New Jersey State Fair that we grew up going to, in Augusta, NJ. We also met up with one of my other BFFs, Brittany, who I've also known since I was 9 but don't get to see that much anymore. So it was amazing seeing them and visiting the fair! They had a bunch of awesome Disney poster prints for sale, but they were pretty small and $12 each, so I decided to save my money to buy better merchandise once I'm actually in Disney. I've been doing that religiously. It's hard, but I know it'll be so worth it when I have extra $$ to spend once the trip gets here!

The week ended with Lee-Anne coming to visit! YAY! Lee-Anne is my friend who is going on the October trip with me. It was so great to see her. We are basically twins, but unfortunately she lives four hours away so we don't see each other as much as we'd like. We met up on 33rd st and walked alllll the way down to the Lower East Side. For those who don't know NYC, that's over 3 miles! And oh man, was it hot! We were sweating and our feet hurt by the end of it, but it was so worth it. We have to practice for Disney.

Speaking of Disney, we basically just spent the whole day screaming over the fact that in a little over two months, we'll BE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD TOGETHER!!! AHH!! I still don't believe it! We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, The Stanton Social, which is basically like eating at the Food & Wine Festival. They have a variety of different dishes, and everything is tapas (small plates). So instead of ordering an entree each, you order like 5 or 6 plates to share. It's the best because you don't have to decide if you're in the mood for one thing or the other. You get to try it all! It was so funny, we ordered like 5 dishes, finished them, and then at the exact same time, said that we wanted to order more things. LOL. So it was a great Disney trip prep day... lots of walking in the heat and lots of FOOD!

We also decided that she is going to come back next month and we are gonna have an all-out Disney themed day. We're gonna take tons of pics (including FOOD PICS of course), do only Disney related things, and report on the entire thing for you guys as if we were in Disney! So you'll get a real pre-trip report and a feel for how our trip together will be! OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!! WOO!

*Our Trip Plans*

I know everyone posts their exact trip plans on their PTR, but I don't like to do that. I think it's way more fun when you don't know what's gonna happen next once I get writing the TR. So I will not be sharing our exact dates, ADRs, or resort location. You'll just have to wait and see!

I will say that this has probably been the hardest trip to plan ever. There are just so many factors involved! First of all, Lee-Anne hasn't been to Disney since she was 8 and remembers almost nothing, so I'm treating it like her first trip. I really want her to see the BROAD scope of Disney, beyond just meeting Mickey and riding Soarin' and taking pictures in front of the castle and all that. I want to expose her to many of the resorts and all the little Disney details that all of us obsessed dissers treasure so much. I feel some sort of responsibility regarding this. I don't take much in life very seriously, but Disney planning? SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Our dining plans have been a huge challenge for me. This is going to be the first time I have ever been on the Disney Dining Plan. We're doing it because of the "free" dining discount. We wouldn't do it if it wasn't hugely discounted, mostly because of the Food & Wine Festival. It's really hard to fit in a CS & TS meal for every day of your trip when F&W is going on. The last time I went to Disney during F&W, I only had two ADRs, and ate at F&W the entire rest of the time. So it's been really hard for me to not only use up all our credits, but select the perfect restaurants to take Lee-Anne to. She is not a picky eater at all, so that aspect is really great... but I just want to take her to SO many places. I've made & canceled probably around 30 ADRs. I thought I had a set list at last, but then I decided to change some things around. Again. I'm sure by the time we go, our schedule will be very different. It's just so hard to decide!

One aspect of this trip I have mixed feelings on is that Lee-Anne says she doesn't want to go on ANY thrill rides. On one hand, it's great because that will free up a lot of time. However, I really don't want her to miss out on all these amazing attractions! I'm not one to push people to do things they don't feel comfortable with, so I have no intention of trying to change her mind or egg her on. But how can I let her miss Tower of Terror? How can she not blast through Space? How can she not get flung down into the Briar Patch or come face to face with the Yeti? She agreed to walkthrough Tower of Terror (my all-time favorite attraction) because I explained how the whole thing from beginning to end is an epic experience, but she's going out the chicken exit. Maybe once walking through and seeing everything she will decide to ride. Like I said, I'm not going to push her (don't you hate when you see parents dragging their screaming kids onto the "scary" rides? Like, how is that fun?) I'm also hoping she'll try Splash Mountain, I mean really the only "thrill" ride part of it is the one big drop. I would hate for her to miss out on the rest of it! I explained to her how every Disney ride is so much more than a ride. It's an EXPERIENCE. It's a story that begins the second you lay eyes on it and doesn't let you go til the very end. So, we'll see what happens!

Overall, I'm just trying to not stress out because I know we will have an insanely amazing and magical time no matter what. We're never going to fit everything in, it's never going to be 100% perfect or like I planned it, we're never ever going to have enough stomach space to eat all of Epcot three times... so why worry? I'm sure we'll have many future trips, so I'm not focusing on getting everything in. I guess I just want to show her my version of Disney's Greatest Hits. It's going to be really interesting to see how everything pans out! There will be (some) more details to come soon!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #565
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 11, 2011
Day 6, Part 7 In Which The Second Annual Splashathon Commences!

It was time to cross the park for a very important part of evening EMH:

THE SPLASHATHON.

For those of you who ride Splash Mountain once and then move on to something else... you're doing it wrong.

This ride is designed to for a minimum of 3 rides at once. Now I don't mean that you ride, and then you go get fastpasses and do something else for awhile, and then ride again, and then maybe again sometime later. I mean you sit on that ride and continue without getting out and getting back on line and going through the queue. This is unnecessary.

I realize not everyone can be the Queen of the Polynesian like myself, but you can still get the royal treatment and have your own Splashathon during late night EMH!

When we got to the area, we realized BTMRR was only 5 minutes, so we hopped on that first. And guess what? THAT TURNED INTO ITS OWN -Athon!

Yup, they let us sit on the ride and just sent it on through the wilderness!!! Oh MAN it was such a blast! BTMRR has never been a top favorite of mine, but I gotta say, three times in a row after midnight while being Snack Drunk shed a new light on that puppy!

After whippin' our hair on the wildest ride in the wilderness, it was finally time for the main event! However, it wasn't prime splashing weather. It wasn't really that warm out. It was actually pretty chilly.

Like that stopped us.

HAH!

Livin It Up can not be halted by anything, especially weather. We would Live It Up 3 times in a row on Splash even if there were arctic temperatures. That's just the kind of people we are.

Sadly, there were no crazy guys or silent girls with us on this trip down to the Briar Patch and back. However, some people did get off after one or two rides, which I thought was absurd. I mean, did they NOT know about the 3 times in a row rule?! Do they not know what a Splashathon is?! DID THEY NOT RECOGNIZE THAT IT WAS I, QUEEN OF THE POLYNESIAN RESORT?!?!?! I mean, who wouldn't want to splash the night away with me?! It was weird.

My mom was SO tired. She almost didn't want to go on a third time. Thankfully, she quickly realized that was CRAZY TALK. Yeah, she wins for putting up with me. I'm a hoot, but I can be pretty exhausting. Some prefer me in small doses, but my mom gave birth to me so she gets the whole shebang! Lucky her.

After the third ride, she was pretty done. We were both delirious, the sugar high had worn off, the Splashathon had ended, and everything hurt. I mean, it was Day 6 of non-stop park touring. And the Magic Kingdom was about to close. Unfortunately, the EMH only went til 1:00 AM instead of 3. So obviously, for all those reasons, we left.

LOL LIKE WE WOULD DO THAT.

Don't you know us by now??? THE LIVIN IT UP HAS TO GO ON UNTIL THE VERY END!!!!

There were still like 16 solid minutes of EMH craziness to be had. You can't just LEAVE the Magic Kingdom like that.

So we dashed over to an empty Tomorrowland for one last shot through the solar system. I think doing Space Mountain right before the park closes is gonna be a new ritual for us. Or maybe next time we will have Spaceathons. Only time will tell!

By the time we came out, sadly the Magic Kingdom was closed, and we had to go. These first few pics were ones I forgot to post before, that I love so much I had to include here!

Ahh, standing on the castle stage and staring down Main Street was so amazing. See the tree at the end? It's just so beautiful.

So on our way out, I could NOT stop taking pictures. We are always the annoying people who leave verryyyy sloooowly.

I think this turned out so cute with the mom & son walking down Main Street!

They had the shorts that used to play in the theatre in the old Exposition Hall playing in here, but it's just not the same! Sigh

I loved this TNBC Vinylmation display! Normally, I'm not that into Vinylmations but I just LOVE this set.

[IMG]http://*****************************/7001639067_ac3851fcf9_z.jpg[/IMG]

My mom and I were REALLY REALLY deliriously fatigued at this point, and she started doing the same thing she was doing that night in Downtown Disney, where she started doing hilarious poses in front of random things and demanding I take her picture. Again, she'd kill me if I posted any of them, but just imagine a woman doing the most ridiculous poses possible in front of various things on Main Street, multiply the silliness by 1,000x and you've got a shade of an idea of what this was like for me to witness. LOL I love my mom.

Bye bye, Magic Kingdom! See ya real soon.

Up next: Where the EFF is Pascal?????

Last edited by __disneygirl; 08-12-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #566
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, you and Lee-Anne will have such an amazing time! QUESTION. Are you going to be there on October 21? Because if you are, I will be eternally jealous, because that is my birthday. If not, then all is well.

Hopefully she'll change her mind about SOME of the thrill rides. A trip wouldn't be complete without being flung in the briar patch! But if not, there is still SO much you can do and see. AND more time for Toy Story Mania! I'll look forward to hearing all about your pre-Disney Disney day! That sounds completely precious.

AHHH I want to have a Splashathon!!! That's my favorite ride. I would be happy with an anythingathon though! EMH are the best... it sucks that they're being reduced to two hours.

Your mom sounds hilarious! I love all your Main Street pictures. UGH Disney at Christmas. Such a beautiful thing!

-Marissa
Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #567
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Your trip is going to be so much fun!!! Yay soooooon!
I hope your friend changes her mind, Disney thrill rides are such an experience!
My self proclaimed 'scaredy cat' cousin came with me in 2005 on our way to Europe and she refused to go on any thrill rides.
BUT when we were there i got her on everything except for RRC! I would have got her on that but the launch in the garage is a little too out in the open and terrifying for some.

Quote:
For those of you who ride Splash Mountain once and then move on to something else... you're doing it wrong
Yes yes yes! Exactly!!

Pretty much all the best rides should be 'marathoned' Period!
AND you are right about them being better when it's late and your delirous and snack drunk...in fact everything is better when you're in that state!

Your pictures are beautiful! So festive

And your mother sounds hilarious!!
You definitely must have got a good stash for the family album/reunions/large frames on the wall!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #568
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my goodness, you and Lee-Anne will have such an amazing time! QUESTION. Are you going to be there on October 21? Because if you are, I will be eternally jealous, because that is my birthday. If not, then all is well.

Hopefully she'll change her mind about SOME of the thrill rides. A trip wouldn't be complete without being flung in the briar patch! But if not, there is still SO much you can do and see. AND more time for Toy Story Mania! I'll look forward to hearing all about your pre-Disney Disney day! That sounds completely precious.

AHHH I want to have a Splashathon!!! That's my favorite ride. I would be happy with an anythingathon though! EMH are the best... it sucks that they're being reduced to two hours.

Your mom sounds hilarious! I love all your Main Street pictures. UGH Disney at Christmas. Such a beautiful thing!
Aww, yes! We will be there on the 21st!

Me too! I agree though, there is so much more to do and see, that's why it's kind of good. I just don't know how I can call myself a Disney fan and let her miss Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror. lol.

I know! I'm so bummed about them changing EMH! Maybe during busy times they'll add on the extra hour. IDK why they would do this. Sigh.

hahaha she is. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Your trip is going to be so much fun!!! Yay soooooon!
I hope your friend changes her mind, Disney thrill rides are such an experience!
My self proclaimed 'scaredy cat' cousin came with me in 2005 on our way to Europe and she refused to go on any thrill rides.
BUT when we were there i got her on everything except for RRC! I would have got her on that but the launch in the garage is a little too out in the open and terrifying for some.

Yes yes yes! Exactly!!

Pretty much all the best rides should be 'marathoned' Period!
AND you are right about them being better when it's late and your delirous and snack drunk...in fact everything is better when you're in that state!

Your pictures are beautiful! So festive

And your mother sounds hilarious!!
You definitely must have got a good stash for the family album/reunions/large frames on the wall!
Ahh I know it's soon but the days are creeping along! It's going toooosloooow!

Way to go on convincing your friend to go on the rides... what did you say to her? Like I said, I don't wanna be pushy, but I don't want her to miss out on these experiences! I' don't think she'd ever do RNRC, Everest, or Mission Space, but I'm hoping for at least Splash and ToT. And Thunder Mountain is so tame, but when I told her that, she still said no.

I know! I love marathoning! EMH is just the best. You can do that in the morning sometimes too and it makes getting up extra early sooo worth it!

Aww thank you! And yes we definitely have a TON of silly family photos. We are just silly people.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #569
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

You are going to have such a blast with Lee-Anne. Although, it's surprising how enjoyable things can be without all that. Most of my last trip, I didn't have any adults with me and my son is too short to go on rides. We nearly all the thrill rides. I went on Splash only once and MAYBE RnRC only once (I can't even remember now. Clearly, it's been too long since I went.) And I did go on ToT A LOT because I have to or else I might die, but that's really it. And it was really okay. It's hard. Especially when you think about. Sometimes I'm like OMG HOW DID I NOT SEE THE YETI, NOW IT'S BEEN LIKE 2 YEARS SINCE I'VE SEEN HIM. But somehow it all turns out okay. Because it's Disney.

I have never had a Splash-a-thon!! But I need to, because that ride is so great. I am the Queen of Tower of Terror-a-thons though. One day I had multiple ToT-a-thons in one day for a total of somewhere near a dozen. I believe it was something like 3 rides, 3 rides, 6 rides. AKA heaven. I vote that one day when/if we happen to be at WDW together, we have an a-thon in every park. It will be an a-thon-a-thon. (I would've just said you do it as a goal this trip but since Lee-Anne doesn't want to do thrill rides, I didn't make quite that suggestion. And I'm liking this idea so much, I just threw myself in there!! )

Loved the castle pictures and especially the one of looking down Main Street. SO BEAUTIFUL.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #570
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Aww, yes! We will be there on the 21st!
NO WAY! Omg. Hahah well, at least someone cool will be there on my birthday.

-Marissa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: