Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #451
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hmm, I vote French countryside for your wedding! It sounds like it will be lovely!

The cheese plate from Boulangerie is very good! But my most favorite thing from there is the Napoleon:

SERIOUSLY AMAZING.

Ugh, I hate "apologies" like that. I'm glad your camera was okay!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #452
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

My mom and I are going to Le Chefs de France during our November trip and boy am I excited…to eat the food of course! Not the hot waiters. Nope, just for the food…WHO AM I KIDDING?! I can’t wait to get my picture with our waiter! Oh God, I hope we don’t get a waitress though. *fingers crossed*

Did you get to see Remy at Le Chefs de France?

Stupid people at Disney! Why would you laugh at someone who dropped their camera?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #453
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Referring to the MK&A convo...Billboard Dad anyone? Our Lips Are Sealed? Loved those ones.

Oh my gosh, France. What a lovely place. I NEED to eat there next trip. This isn't optional. I have been to Boulangerie. I think I got some kind of crossiant sandwich which was SO GOOD and then creme brulee. Which, looking back, is a lame choice since you can get that just about everywhere in Disney so I should've tried something a little more exclusive but I was probably just craving it really bad!

Ugh, people and their non-apologies. I hate when they ram you in the back of the leg with strollers and then never even say anything and when you look at them, they are just like what? And then keep doing it. I am always so apologetic because I know it's hard to drive those things in the masses, but I mean once I do it once, you can bet I give that person a million apologies and like 500 feet of space. But to do it again and again and again and again and never apologize? Grrr. Next time I will be like "Sorry for my legs getting in the way of your stroller!" Rant over. The fact that guy laughed though?? Very unclassy...as if not apologizing wasn't already!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #454
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounderfan12 View Post
im making it a priority to eat at chefs de france on my next trip the only place ive eaten in the world showcase is le cellier and thats just wrong i do agree on the hotness of the world showcase cms though i especially like the germans
Yes! You must eat there. It's one of my all time favorites.

Don't get me started about the Germans. Trust me... I've got some stories. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hmm, I vote French countryside for your wedding! It sounds like it will be lovely!

The cheese plate from Boulangerie is very good! But my most favorite thing from there is the Napoleon:

SERIOUSLY AMAZING.

Ugh, I hate "apologies" like that. I'm glad your camera was okay!!!
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUM that looks delicious! I think I remember reading about that in your TR (which I really need to catch up on!) Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
My mom and I are going to Le Chefs de France during our November trip and boy am I excited…to eat the food of course! Not the hot waiters. Nope, just for the food…WHO AM I KIDDING?! I can’t wait to get my picture with our waiter! Oh God, I hope we don’t get a waitress though. *fingers crossed*

Did you get to see Remy at Le Chefs de France?

Stupid people at Disney! Why would you laugh at someone who dropped their camera?
YES! Awesome. You'll love it there. And just use Magical Thinking. You can will the hottest waiter over to your table with your mind. It never fails me!

Yeah, Remy came to the table next to us! I actually forgot to include that story. There was a mom with her beauuuutiful baby girl at the table next to us and they brought Remy over for the baby to see and even though she was way too young to know who it was/what was going on, she was smiling and pointing at him and stuff and it was so cute!

I don't know...some people are just so rude!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #455
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl
Yeah, Remy came to the table next to us! I actually forgot to include that story. There was a mom with her beauuuutiful baby girl at the table next to us and they brought Remy over for the baby to see and even though she was way too young to know who it was/what was going on, she was smiling and pointing at him and stuff and it was so cute!
Oh my gosh that is so cute!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #456
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG! You have so many beautiful future husband prospects! You're a lucky girl!

WHAT? Um... I'm really surprised (but sadly also not really surprised) that people can be THAT dense about things. Oh, I just potentially broke your really expensive digital camera but everything's cool, let's just laugh it off. Wow. I feel the same way as you, I would have been SO apologetic and would have felt awful about it! I'm so glad the camera was okay though!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #457
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Jess, I know you just sit here and refresh my Trip Report every ten minutes waiting for an update. Just admit it.

You probably already know from my Twitter post that your artwork has been submitted to the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan and will be on display for the next 7,000 years. New York City thanks you for your contribution. I really can't even look at it, it's just too beautiful.
You caught me. LOL just kidding but not. I mean there really are only 5-10 threads I actually go on on disboards... and yours is one of them. So feel very honored.

HAHAHA You are welcome, New York City. I'm glad I could make such a lasting impression on the city. Disney really should buy that piece of artwork and put our frog fish friend's face on post cards.

Quote:
One of the many great things about Disney is that no matter where you are, France is only a few minutes away. And by "France", and I mean physically flawless men.
This could potentially be why Disney is the happiest place on earth

The clouds look really awesome in that first France picture! (you know, France as in the pavilion, not the men LOL)

Sorry not sorry, you have magical mind luring powers. Nbd.

I need to stop looking at pictures of that Mac and Cheese because I WANT IT SO BAD. And who knows the next time I will get to eat it. Wahhhh is it bad that I have a legitimate addiction to disney food?

Quote:
Did I mention that the men who work at World Showcase are attractive? I just wanted to make sure I said that in case I had not covered it before. Ok, let's move on.
HAHAHAHA laughing. out. loud. Thank you for informing me of this because I clearly had no idea.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #458
flounderfan12
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=__disneygirl;45333931]Yes! You must eat there. It's one of my all time favorites.

ahhh the germans its like a country of ryan goslings *sigh* and thats just never bad lol i would love to hear some stories and how come i read everyones trip reports and they mention the hotness of world showcase cms and theres never any pictures i mean who cares if your a creeper its for the good of us all!

past trips
sept 1992 fort wildrness
may 2009 caribbean beach
may 2010 port orleans french quarter
dec 2010 saratoga springs villas
sept/oct 2011 all star music
Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #459
dara00
DIS Veteran

what?? again no pictures of said hot waiter?

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #460
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Must add yummy Mac and Cheese to must tries in WS!!! DROOL!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 07-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #461
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I'm all caught up on the fantasticness that is your TR! Great job, as always!
I vote for South of France. What? A French, beach wedding? Umm, yes please.
I read over on the Disney Food Blog that Disney obtained a permit for construction at the boulangerie. Sounds like they are adding an upstairs seating area and a better flowing queu. Which makes me happy. What makes me sad is that it *may* be closed when I go in November... Which is a devastating blow that can only be softened by hot WS employees!

Also, I have read your other TR's and love your writing style. It's not just "we got in line" picture, "we got fastpasses" picture, "here's my yummy food" picture. Way to keep the writing and details in your reporting!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #462
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OMG! You have so many beautiful future husband prospects! You're a lucky girl!

WHAT? Um... I'm really surprised (but sadly also not really surprised) that people can be THAT dense about things. Oh, I just potentially broke your really expensive digital camera but everything's cool, let's just laugh it off. Wow. I feel the same way as you, I would have been SO apologetic and would have felt awful about it! I'm so glad the camera was okay though!
Yes, I do... I just don't think that they are aware of that yet. LOL

Yeah, cause you're a normal person! It's just common decency but apparently some people didn't learn that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
You caught me. LOL just kidding but not. I mean there really are only 5-10 threads I actually go on on disboards... and yours is one of them. So feel very honored.

HAHAHA You are welcome, New York City. I'm glad I could make such a lasting impression on the city. Disney really should buy that piece of artwork and put our frog fish friend's face on post cards.

This could potentially be why Disney is the happiest place on earth

The clouds look really awesome in that first France picture! (you know, France as in the pavilion, not the men LOL)

Sorry not sorry, you have magical mind luring powers. Nbd.

I need to stop looking at pictures of that Mac and Cheese because I WANT IT SO BAD. And who knows the next time I will get to eat it. Wahhhh is it bad that I have a legitimate addiction to disney food?

HAHAHAHA laughing. out. loud. Thank you for informing me of this because I clearly had no idea.
OH MAN THE FROGFISH POSTCARDS. Another beyond brilliant idea. We must make them if Disney doesn't come to their senses and make them first.

I DO have magical luring powers but they don't work as well outside of Disney. And oh boy have I got a story later on in the report about how well my luring powers really worked in France!

Well, I have an addiction to Disney food too so... even if it is bad, you're not alone!

Anytime!

[QUOTE=flounderfan12;45337749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yes! You must eat there. It's one of my all time favorites.

ahhh the germans its like a country of ryan goslings *sigh* and thats just never bad lol i would love to hear some stories and how come i read everyones trip reports and they mention the hotness of world showcase cms and theres never any pictures i mean who cares if your a creeper its for the good of us all!
I will work on my creeper skills for our next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
what?? again no pictures of said hot waiter?
OK guys... that settles that. Next time there will be pics! I am here to fufill your Trip Reporting fantasies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Must add yummy Mac and Cheese to must tries in WS!!! DROOL!
DEFINITELY! It's one of my favorite meals ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I'm all caught up on the fantasticness that is your TR! Great job, as always!
I vote for South of France. What? A French, beach wedding? Umm, yes please.
I read over on the Disney Food Blog that Disney obtained a permit for construction at the boulangerie. Sounds like they are adding an upstairs seating area and a better flowing queu. Which makes me happy. What makes me sad is that it *may* be closed when I go in November... Which is a devastating blow that can only be softened by hot WS employees!

Also, I have read your other TR's and love your writing style. It's not just "we got in line" picture, "we got fastpasses" picture, "here's my yummy food" picture. Way to keep the writing and details in your reporting!
Thank you so much!

Ooooh that sounds so great. I would love for them to expand the Boulangerie. There really isn't enough room over there so an upstairs seating area would be amazing!

Thank you SO much. That really means a lot to me cause I hate TRs like the ones you just mentioned. Sooo many other things go on when you're at Disney besides just going on rides and eating dole whips...at least for us!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #463
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I'm so glad you were able to get the ticket situation worked out! I never even thought that it would be an issue once you've used up all of your days, but I'm glad that I know that now!

And pffft to the fake apology guy! That's so weird because somehow every time I'm in Epcot, the people there seem so much nicer than in the other parks. I'm not sure why, it just works out that way. But hooray for your camera not being broken!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 07-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #464
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Alright, all caught up (again!)

Sorry to hear about the whole "adding a day" ticket debacle. I swear Disney has the best of Guest Services. If only other theme parks in the world had as good a customer service as Disney does. Love the initial pictures of EPCOT btw! (:

to Captain EO! I was a huge MJ fan last year and bought a good batch of his songs on my iPod. Today, I'm still trying to learn the entire choreography for Thriller, but I think that's only one aspect of Michael Jackson lol Anyways... so angry I never got the chance to see the show on the last trip even though people have been calling the show dated like you said, but I'm glad to discover otherwise it is awesome (because dates in my mind are only a series of numbers). Anyways... love the jumping water fountains, really keeps you occupied waiting outside that pavilion and the Frogfish, he is so cool yet so under-appreciated. I took a ton of pictures of him on my last trip without knowing about a whole fanbase on here. So glad I discovered this now though

Of course, no matter how many times I read TRs that explain in great depth how beautiful the male World Showcase CM is, I just laugh all the way through because I find it funny (since my friends of which are girls went gaga over those guys and it just brings back hilarious memories). But to getting the "right" waiter, besides the fact the food looks delicious (French Onion Soup ) and that Remy napkin holder at the bar is so adorable, I want one!

Ah, the Boulangerie! It really is such a divine place, but I had the same problem you seem to have over and over again (too full to eat there or want to leave room for a planned dinner), but seriously everything there looks SOOO delicious!

Can't wait to read more (especially about your PM EMH)!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #465
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I'm so glad you were able to get the ticket situation worked out! I never even thought that it would be an issue once you've used up all of your days, but I'm glad that I know that now!

And pffft to the fake apology guy! That's so weird because somehow every time I'm in Epcot, the people there seem so much nicer than in the other parks. I'm not sure why, it just works out that way. But hooray for your camera not being broken!
I had no idea either! I'm just happy they took care of it right away as soon as I got to Guest Services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Alright, all caught up (again!)

Sorry to hear about the whole "adding a day" ticket debacle. I swear Disney has the best of Guest Services. If only other theme parks in the world had as good a customer service as Disney does. Love the initial pictures of EPCOT btw! (:

to Captain EO! I was a huge MJ fan last year and bought a good batch of his songs on my iPod. Today, I'm still trying to learn the entire choreography for Thriller, but I think that's only one aspect of Michael Jackson lol Anyways... so angry I never got the chance to see the show on the last trip even though people have been calling the show dated like you said, but I'm glad to discover otherwise it is awesome (because dates in my mind are only a series of numbers). Anyways... love the jumping water fountains, really keeps you occupied waiting outside that pavilion and the Frogfish, he is so cool yet so under-appreciated. I took a ton of pictures of him on my last trip without knowing about a whole fanbase on here. So glad I discovered this now though

Of course, no matter how many times I read TRs that explain in great depth how beautiful the male World Showcase CM is, I just laugh all the way through because I find it funny (since my friends of which are girls went gaga over those guys and it just brings back hilarious memories). But to getting the "right" waiter, besides the fact the food looks delicious (French Onion Soup ) and that Remy napkin holder at the bar is so adorable, I want one!

Ah, the Boulangerie! It really is such a divine place, but I had the same problem you seem to have over and over again (too full to eat there or want to leave room for a planned dinner), but seriously everything there looks SOOO delicious!

Can't wait to read more (especially about your PM EMH)!
They really do have the best Guest Service! I mean I rarely have a problem while at Disney but if I do, they always fix it.

That's awesome! Keep working on the Thriller choreo. That's one of my favorite dances ever. You're right though, it's only one aspect of MJ. You have a loooot of amazing music to discover!

hahaha Well I would like to take credit for starting the Frogfish fanbase b/c I never heard of anyone mentioning him before I had. I'm just cool like that.

I love that no matter who you are, girls everywhere can not resist the World Showcase CMs!

Yeah, I think next trip I'll plan a specific meal at the Boulangerie! Though it may be even more difficult if we go during Food & Wine (which is when I wanna go!).

Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: