Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #436
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I had to do it........

You're welcome.
Jess, that is awesome!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #437
flounderfan12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
It's crazy how fast I find your trip report updates so soon after you post them. Clearly I spend a little too much time on the DIS. Ah well. No one's mad.

BAHAHAHA Stacey NEVER sleeps. You're right about that one.

THANK GOODNESS they let you add on the days! Phew good job with being assertive and sticking to your guns! That's just kind of a dumb rule. But you're right, they really do have the "customer is always right" mentality, so I wasn't surprised that they fixed the situation for you. Thank goodness they did!

LOL Captain EO frump. My friend Bobby who just got back from the college program worked at Captain EO and Figment!! I visited him at work when he was standing at that exact post! He's home now and he's having Disney withdrawal. HOW SAD!

I had to do it........

You're welcome.
omg jess this picture made me die i literally lol'd

past trips
sept 1992 fort wildrness
may 2009 caribbean beach
may 2010 port orleans french quarter
dec 2010 saratoga springs villas
sept/oct 2011 all star music
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #438
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Thank goodness you were able to add on those days!!!! That must have been a scary moment there!!!

Hahahaha oh Captain EO. Fantastically classic!

That little kid in the Seas sounds hilarious! I love that part of the movie!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #439
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your ticket situation, that must had been stressful. Good thing you got it all sorted out.

I'm excited to see Captain EO too.

We were in Epcot on our honeymoon the day Michael Jackson passed away. We overhead while we waiting in line for Maelstrom when some girls got a call from their friends saying he died. They didn't believe her and neither did we until we received the newspaper at our room the next morning. It is so strange how cut off from the world you are while at Disney. This was something that everyone in the world was talking about--and we had no idea until the next day.

Love this report! You put so much detail, I feel like I'm there! Can't wait for more!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #440
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bahaha Jess, you are hilarious! My son saw this and goes, "Is that guy wearing my Mickey ears?"

Lia, so glad you were able to get the ticket situation handled!! How scary those few minutes must have been!! I love Disney customer service though, they are top notch!!

Can't wait for more Epcot! YAY!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #441
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
My mom is so not cool. I mean she is cool, but not when it comes to EMH at Disney. She doesn't like staying up late. While she is in bed at like 9, I'm up till 1, on Twitter or on the Dis of course. I am so dragging her to the parks at night. I don't care if she falls asleep on a bench. I'll just skip down the middle of Main Street at 1am. Ayways...

I am glad everything worked out for you in the end with your tickets!

My mom used to be obsessed with Michael Jackson and she has told me stories of how her and her friend waited TWO HOURS to see Captain EO when they were teenagers.

I think little kids are much cuter in Disney. I mean, of course little kids are cute, but I read tons of adorable stories of stuff kids do or say at Disney and I'm like OHMYGOD STOP BEING SO RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE, which is what I said becasue of the little girl at the Seas. SO CUTE.
My mom is a night owl like me. We often have a problem going to bed. Good thing they show repeats of the Real Housewives at like 1am on weeknights. LOL. The thing is, she gets tired easily so she can't do the whole morning straight through to evening EMH thing. Which I know most people can't, cause it's crazy... but I'm crazy, so you know. But you should definitely experience EMH at the MK. Maybe if she sleeps in like my mom did, she won't mind staying up late for the EMH.

haha wow, 2 hours for Captain EO! That's awesome.

Kids probably are cuter in Disney... except when they're having epic meltdowns.

Quote:
It's crazy how fast I find your trip report updates so soon after you post them. Clearly I spend a little too much time on the DIS. Ah well. No one's mad.

BAHAHAHA Stacey NEVER sleeps. You're right about that one.

THANK GOODNESS they let you add on the days! Phew good job with being assertive and sticking to your guns! That's just kind of a dumb rule. But you're right, they really do have the "customer is always right" mentality, so I wasn't surprised that they fixed the situation for you. Thank goodness they did!

LOL Captain EO frump. My friend Bobby who just got back from the college program worked at Captain EO and Figment!! I visited him at work when he was standing at that exact post! He's home now and he's having Disney withdrawal. HOW SAD!

I had to do it........

You're welcome.
Jess, I know you just sit here and refresh my Trip Report every ten minutes waiting for an update. Just admit it.

LOL for some reason I just can't imagine Stacey silently laying in a bed and falling asleep. Maybe she sleeps standing up.

I know! I don't know what we would have done.

Aww, Disney withdrawal is the worst, but at least he had a great time doing the CP!

You probably already know from my Twitter post that your artwork has been submitted to the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan and will be on display for the next 7,000 years. New York City thanks you for your contribution. I really can't even look at it, it's just too beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Thank goodness you were able to add on those days!!!! That must have been a scary moment there!!!

Hahahaha oh Captain EO. Fantastically classic!

That little kid in the Seas sounds hilarious! I love that part of the movie!
It was, especially when the CM who came up to us seemed all worried for us! But thankfully, it all worked out in the end.

I love that part too... well I love basically every part of that movie from beginning to end, lol. I'm so excited for when they re-release it in 3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
Sorry about your ticket situation, that must had been stressful. Good thing you got it all sorted out.

I'm excited to see Captain EO too.

We were in Epcot on our honeymoon the day Michael Jackson passed away. We overhead while we waiting in line for Maelstrom when some girls got a call from their friends saying he died. They didn't believe her and neither did we until we received the newspaper at our room the next morning. It is so strange how cut off from the world you are while at Disney. This was something that everyone in the world was talking about--and we had no idea until the next day.

Love this report! You put so much detail, I feel like I'm there! Can't wait for more!
Oh, it was!

Aww Michael. It must have been a weird feeling to find out shocking news like that at Disney. I remember hearing he was in the hospital and I stayed glued to the computer refreshing over and over and praying for him, but I honestly did not think for a second he would die.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Bahaha Jess, you are hilarious! My son saw this and goes, "Is that guy wearing my Mickey ears?"

Lia, so glad you were able to get the ticket situation handled!! How scary those few minutes must have been!! I love Disney customer service though, they are top notch!!

Can't wait for more Epcot! YAY!!
AWW!! That is so cute! I'm especially dying at your son calling a Frogfish "That Guy". LOL. That may have to be Our Frogfish Friend's new nickname now.

Yeah, it was a scary few minutes, but luckily the CM at Guest Services took care of it quickly. Disney solves everything!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #442
awdwnut
Mouseketeer

As much as I hate to admit it, we have somehow managed to miss the Frogfish in all of our trips to WDW. However, thanks to you he is now on the short list (ok, it is actually a very long list) of must do's for our trip this Sept. My wife has named him "Sheldon" for some BBT related reason that I cannot figure out. She has also started saying "Test Track Baby" at the most random times. Needless to say, your trip reports have touched us on a very deep Disney level!

awdwnut
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #443
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Don't apologize! Believe it or not, this TR is not required reading. LOL.

So jealous you get to go next month! So many people are! Kara, Kristen, Joni... I know I'm forgetting someone.
Oh, it isn't? Hahah well, it is for me.

I'm sure there are loads of other disers going, I just can't think of any others either!

So glad everything worked out for your tickets! Because otherwise that would have just plain sucked.

HAHAHA I'm so glad the CM is smiling for your picture. She looks like she feels so awkward (look at her hands hahah). How precious.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #444
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Without even having to get up between rides? Not having to worry about kicking people in the face? Language that's inappropriate for children? Late Night Magic?

Bowchickawowow.

Clearly they need to dim the lights and pipe some slow jams in over the loudspeakers after 2AM.

I'm sorry about the ticket snafu. I'm glad Guest Services was willing to work with you and they weren't just like GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY OR NO TICKETS FOR YOU like other places would be.

I can't wait to get my hands (and taste buds) on some of that Chinese watermelon soda. It's delish.

And it proved that all problems can be solved by dancing.
Seriously. Who needs wars and guns and bombs and stuff? Just dance it out, people.

How come our frogfish friend doesn't look like the one in the picture on the info sign? Is he not actually a frogfish? Have people been calling him by the wrong species all these years? Is that why he always looks so bummed out? I'll have to do some investigating. Lots of things need figuring out. Where are Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen when you need them?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #445
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
How come our frogfish friend doesn't look like the one in the picture on the info sign? Is he not actually a frogfish? Have people been calling him by the wrong species all these years? Is that why he always looks so bummed out? I'll have to do some investigating. Lots of things need figuring out. Where are Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen when you need them?
You better call them soon... it'll be dinner time before you know it. "We'll solve any crime by dinner time!" (Sorry, I had to.)
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #446
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, we have somehow managed to miss the Frogfish in all of our trips to WDW. However, thanks to you he is now on the short list (ok, it is actually a very long list) of must do's for our trip this Sept. My wife has named him "Sheldon" for some BBT related reason that I cannot figure out. She has also started saying "Test Track Baby" at the most random times. Needless to say, your trip reports have touched us on a very deep Disney level!

awdwnut
That is so funny! I'm so glad you guys enjoy my TRs so much. Be sure to report back when you finally meet the lovely, the famous, the magnificent frogfish!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Without even having to get up between rides? Not having to worry about kicking people in the face? Language that's inappropriate for children? Late Night Magic?

Bowchickawowow.

Clearly they need to dim the lights and pipe some slow jams in over the loudspeakers after 2AM.

I'm sorry about the ticket snafu. I'm glad Guest Services was willing to work with you and they weren't just like GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY OR NO TICKETS FOR YOU like other places would be.

I can't wait to get my hands (and taste buds) on some of that Chinese watermelon soda. It's delish.

And it proved that all problems can be solved by dancing.
Seriously. Who needs wars and guns and bombs and stuff? Just dance it out, people.

hahahahahaha My TR is just so edgy. We need to get Terry Richardson in here to photograph it.

I'm so jealous you are going to get your taste buds on that soda in what... less than 2 weeks?

That is exactly how I feel.

Please refer to this http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=206 update in which I show the other Frogfish in the tank with Our Frogfish Friend. I don't know why a bunch of fish that look so different from each other are classified the same. I think they just decided to call all the weirdest fish the same thing. The entire existence of this "fish" is just an endless enigma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
You better call them soon... it'll be dinner time before you know it. "We'll solve any crime by dinner time!" (Sorry, I had to.)
OMG I actually found all my old MKA tapes the other day. I used to watch them over and over. The mystery ones were a lot better than the "party" ones though.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #447
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

You are SO RIGHT about EMH in the Magic Kingdom. John and I discovered this in December when we basically took over the MK until 3am. It was the best night we've ever had there!

Ugh, that makes no sense about the tickets! I am 99.99% sure we've done the exact same thing in the past with absolutely no problems. I'm glad they didn't give you too much trouble...that would be very UN-Disney.

AWWW I love listening to kids at Disney. They are so freaking cute!

Okay I was scrolling through the comments and saw the frogfish wearing the Mickey ears...and I died. Jess, I am giving you a standing ovation right now.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #448
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
You are SO RIGHT about EMH in the Magic Kingdom. John and I discovered this in December when we basically took over the MK until 3am. It was the best night we've ever had there!

Ugh, that makes no sense about the tickets! I am 99.99% sure we've done the exact same thing in the past with absolutely no problems. I'm glad they didn't give you too much trouble...that would be very UN-Disney.

AWWW I love listening to kids at Disney. They are so freaking cute!

Okay I was scrolling through the comments and saw the frogfish wearing the Mickey ears...and I died. Jess, I am giving you a standing ovation right now.
Yay! I'm so glad you and John got to experience that. It's truly a whole other element to the magic.

Good to hear I'm not the only one! I wonder when they changed this policy.

hahahaha I just love that I can come here and say something ridiculous like "someone put Mickey ears on that fish!" and Jess literally does. LOL
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #449
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 10, 2011
Day 6, Part 2 In Which I Plan A French Wedding

Our ADR this afternoon was located in the lovely country of France.

One of the many great things about Disney is that no matter where you are, France is only a few minutes away. And by "France", I mean physically flawless men.

Uh, if you're looking for a TR that doesn't mention the hotness of the men who work at the World Showcase every other sentence, you are so far from the right place, I can't even tell you.

At last, it was time for LES CHEFS DE FRANCE. I had been waiting to eat this food again since I dined there solo after surprising my mom with a Grand Floridian spa treatment (Don't you wish I was your kid?) and finally, the moment had arrived!

After checking in at the podium we waited about 5-10 minutes before being called. We had a lovely seat by the window, but I had no time to enjoy the view because I was too busy doing the same thing I did at Tutto Italia: scanning the room in order to find the hottest male server and will him with my mind toward our table. Sorry... I just have no shame. Actually, I'm not sorry, because it worked. AGAIN.

I posted on Twitter:
As usual we got the hottest waiter in the restaurant. #lesigh

Oh my God he was so beautiful. I really can't explain it. Like a moth to a flame, he came straight to me. And by that, I mean he came to our table because his job was to wait on us. But I'd like to think he was drawn to me by some other-wordly force.

He greeted us in French and was very polite and sweet. He called me Mademoiselle and thank GOD I was not standing because I would have collapsed.

I'm not saying I was naming our babies or anything, but I was definitely planning a wedding in my head. I couldn't decide between the French countryside or the south of France on the beach for the location. What do you guys think?

He then took our drink orders. I really would like some kind of medal of honor b/c it was very hard to refrain from kissing him. I am only human!!!!!

I love the place mats on the table. I wanted to turn it around and draw a picture on it, but then I realized Le Chefs isn't a diner and also, I had no crayons! Sheesh.

I was very excited to eat! This was the meal I had thought about for over a year and a half and now I was finally going to get to eat it!

Just like last time, I chose the Prix Fixe set price menu. The price went up since the last time I was there, but it is still a great deal at $23.99.

For my first course I chose the Soupe A l oignon Gratinee aka French Onion Soup

The Gratin de Macaroni as my entree.......

And the chocolate cake a la mode as my dessert. I actually got the Profiterolles last time, but my mom chose those so I decided to get something different so we could share both. Everything I ate was amazing. We will be back again and again.

Profiterolles. My mom also did the Prix Fixe. She got the soup too, but for her entree she chose the Croque Monsieur, which she raved about. Sorry I have no pic, I was too busy simultaneously drooling over the waiter while shoveling macaroni and cheese into my mouth. It was attractive.

I think I was too dizzy from our server's beauty to actually have a conversation with him but my mom chatted with him a lot while I giggled and tried not to splash any of my drink all over myself.

I remember him telling her that the manager was very strict about how they had to look and that is why they all had the same haircuts. I say cheers to this manager, because the haircuts were all sexy and only enhanced the French hotness.

Les Chefs was a lot busier than Tutto had been, so unfortunately, our table didn't turn into a hot waiter party. And so, eventually it was time to bid adieu to our amazing server and head out. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!

We went into the wine store next. This is not really a good place to be when you once again did NOT get proposed to by a World Showcase CM. One girl can only take so much...

Then, we went over to the Boulangerie Patisserie. It's a tradition of ours to roll up on the BP but never actually eat anything there. It's comical, really.... everything looks SO delicious and we want to try it SO bad... but we're always full when we end up in there! It's not our fault, the WS just boasts so many delicious treats! And there are some really good things to eat, too! Ba dum tssssss. WINK.

Also, it was PACKED at the time, so it was really just a glance, in and out. But everything looked sooooo good. As usual. I wonder if we will ever actually eat this food. I have to plan for us to go there right at opening when we haven't eaten and it's empty in there. That will also give us more time to figure out if any of the CMs in there would make good husbands. Spoiler alert: They probably would.

Did I mention that the men who work at World Showcase are attractive? I just wanted to make sure I said that in case I had not covered it before. Ok, let's move on.

Anyway, what's your favorite thing to get at the Boulangerie? I hear the cheese plate is divine, so I really wanna try that!

See that garbage can in front of the Boulangerie? While we were standing over there, I put my *brand new HAD TO LEAVE DISNEY TO GET IT* camera on top of it for a minute while I grabbed something in my purse. Some annoying reckless man not only knocked into me, but knocked my camera down onto the pavement!

I screamed and picked it up instantly, searching for damage. He laughed very heartily (like an Italian cartoon character flipping a pizza) and said, "OH, it's fine!" And kept walking.

AHH. I hate when people are like this. If I did that to someone I would feel terrible, apologize, pick it up for them, and apologize more! I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything... it's just common courtesy!

Thank God, the camera was fine and has given me no problems to this day. WHEW. I would have seriously started crying if there was any damage. Disney must have magic pavement that turns into a mattress when something breakable falls to the ground!

Up next: We get stuck in some sort of French/Moroccan time slip.

Last edited by __disneygirl; 03-14-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #450
flounderfan12
Earning My Ears

im making it a priority to eat at chefs de france on my next trip the only place ive eaten in the world showcase is le cellier and thats just wrong i do agree on the hotness of the world showcase cms though i especially like the germans

past trips
sept 1992 fort wildrness
may 2009 caribbean beach
may 2010 port orleans french quarter
dec 2010 saratoga springs villas
sept/oct 2011 all star music

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: