Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #421
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

We always go to Disney in the summer and you have to wait almost 2 hours for Fantasmic. Itís ridiculous, so we havenít seen it in a while because we really donít want to wait around.

They need to add Rapunzel and Eugene. The show would be 1000x better.

I CANNOT WAIT to see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights in November. Like holy crap it looks amazing!

Salad is non-existent in Disney. Who wants salad when you can have a Mickey Bar or Tye Dye Cheesecake?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #422
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I'm gonna have "Christmas Wrapping" stuck in my head all day now. It's just perfect for June 16th. Thanks, Lia!

AHHHHHH I need to see the Osborne Lights. NEED. I don't even know what else to say about them, just that I NEED TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

I am getting so pumped for Toy Story Mania. Just knowing that I will soon be frantically shooting at all those targets has my whole body aching with excitement.

I am in love with the Ornament Rockettes. So freakin' cute! Disney is the best.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #423
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I was at the gym the other day and they had this amazing 90's/early 2000's music playing that made my life. First they played the Spice Girls, then I heard that song that was like, "Where my girls at? From the front to back, is you feeling that? Put one hand up, can you repeat that? Trying to take my man, see I don't need that..." Do you remember that song? Anyway, the whole point of that was that I really appreciate it when people play these under appreciated classics.

HAHA I can imagine that lady jumping up with her baby every time the wave went by her. And I'm singing the Circle of Life in my head while imagining it, so that makes it even better.

I agree with you about Fantasmic! It's such a wonderful mash up of all things Disney. I love the black and white Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse, too!

YAY the Osborne Lights! Seriously, you and Jess describe it perfectly. It's just something you have to see for yourself, because it's that spectacular!

I won't lie, I am heeding your warning and I'm a little afraid to ever play TSM with you. It sounds like you show no mercy, and I would be annihilated. I love your intensity!

But really, that tye dye cheesecake is aaaamazing.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #424
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Alll caught up! Yes, another TR down... sorry had to add in a little happy dance there or here

I swear everytime I step into this TR I just get so giddy reading all your little pop culture references. From Ferris Bueller to Spice Girls, oh you know what you are doing when adding in those epic references! Anyways...

Sorry to hear about your little broken camera... if that ever happened on one of my trips, it would've been a VERY sad day because no way would my parents be buying me another one. That is why I'm very responsible when it comes to my electronics (minus the time my cellphone AND iPod (aka my life)) Let's move on... But at least during this crisis, you had great cab service but still NO FUN leaving Disney.

LOL @ your whole Minnie Mouse moment so funny. Same goes for the seating situation at CHH and Carousel of Progress, no wonder people don't like that ride The emphasis and description you give them just make them THAT much funnier. VIP seating or just too many people? We may never know lol

Awesome to hear you and Jess met up again! You guys always seem to have way too much fun to be legal together. Wow, there was A LOT of "tos" in that last sentence. Should that be legal? But so nice of Jess to offer her FPs to you instead of taking a double ride for herself

to the Osbourne Dancing Lights and Fantasmic! I haven't seen the Osbourne Lights, but I hope someday when I am able to go to the World around Christmastime, I will be able to do so. Fantasmic... nuff said. Such a great show and it really is awesome how it highlights Pocahontas. While I think it isn't as great as some other Disney movies, I mean other underrated Disney movies (which also include the more well-known Disney movies), it still deserves some recognition in the Disney parks that isn't a sad little M&G in Animal Kingdom. Her old home is a friggin' stroller parking place now, not okay Disney. Not Okay.

Another thumbs up to all the delicious Pop food! I really want to try the Cheesecake and the Penne Alfredo now, I love them on their own at home so they must be a million times better in Disney. Oh Disney, why you depress the value of food so much?

Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #425
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
That crossroads sign picture is BEAUTIFUL.

I. AM. DYING. Gotta love people.

OMG I wish they would add more couples too! They need Aladdin and Jasmine and Eugene and Rapunzel! I wouldn't be mad if they added Tiana and Naveen either because I feel like their float would be SO cool. Seriously. But about the Tangled thing... like, I cry EVERY time something Tangled is featured. Like at Disney on Ice? I was a mess. Magic Memories and You? Bawling like a baby. Add it to Fantasmic and I would just like die. I wonder if it's part of World of Color at Disneyland? I'm guessing not but you never know. I need to look that up.

OMG RIGHT!?! I mean, Disney is that awesome... they should be able to think of a new word that accurately describes the Osborne Lights!

See, I remember it being crowded but for some reason it didn't phase me AT ALL. I was just so mesmerized by everything that I barely remember feeling surrounded by people! I was obviously in disney mode lol

I can honestly only imagine if the two of us ever rode Toy Story Mania together... things could get VERY dangerouos.

OMG, right!?! Lia, why are we twins?! hahaha we think THE SAME.
Thanks! The sky was looking so pretty at that moment, I'm glad I captured it!

I agree. There is something about Tangled that always gets me. Yesterday, I read an article about how "one note" dads in Disney movies tend to be, and they used Tangled as an example, and I was annoyed by that because I thought Rapunzel's parents were illustrated so beautifully. They used the animation perfectly to portray what the characters went through. They didn't need to use words to explain how they were feeling, it was all on their faces, and I just thought that was so impressive, especially in a movie made for children. It really wasn't one note at all. Sigh. Anyway, that's my little tangent for today.

I wish I had that experience. People kept bumping into me. I don't know why people can't just watch where they are going and be polite. It's hard to stay mesmerized when people keep knocking into you.

LOL us together on TSM is so happening... prepare yourselves, people!!!

We seriously do! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm glad to hear that you were able to see F! with less of a horrible crowd situation. It really was crazy when Disney cut it down to 2 nights a week!

Yay for the Osborne Lights!!! Aren't they just amazing?? DBF and I were watching TV, and there was a special on with Jennings Osborne, the man behind the lights, and this huge giant BBQ he holds on his lawn every year for the police and firemen around their area. It was really impressive, just as much on a grand scale as the lights (except with chicken and pork!).

Your comment about salad not being photo-worthy reminded me of this clip from The Simpsons: "you don't win friends with salad!"
Seriously! I don't know what they were thinking with the two night only thing. That was really foolish.

That sounds like an awesome special! I'd love to see it.

love the Simpsons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Lia, make sure Jess sees this:

....And that is all.
Jess... go back and look at what she quoted! Idk what this is all about... but maybe you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I don't get people waiting for 2 hours to get into Fantasmic either, but then again, I'm with you, I don't go in the summer, so I'm not sure I get how bad the crowds REALLY are! When we saw Fantasmic in October, we just walked in and found a seat right in the middle, a few rows from the front, it was great!

I LOVE the Pochaontas scene in Fantasmic, it is such an underrated movie! Did you hear that you can no longer meet Meeko in Animal Kingdom? I'm so happy we met him in October, because we almost skipped it! I hate that Disney is taking away the more random characters. Thumper and Miss Bunny are gone too.

OMG the Osborne Lights! One of my favorite Disney things ever! There really are no words to describe them, they are just so amazing! I was looking for the purple cat, and I couldn't find it, and then of course, my DH looks up and just points to it. Figures he would find it, and he didn't even know to look for it!

Haha, it's weird, I'm not normally very competitive, but when I play TSM, I get crazy too! Probably because it's the only thing I've ever been able to beat my DH at!

Mmm...that Pop chicken alfredo...I'm going to need to stop there in November and get some of that, it was so good! And that cheesecake! YUM!!
Yeah, the summer crowds are just crazy. I don't understand why people go at that time when you could get such a better experience for your money during better times! October is such a great time to go as well. I'm really hoping we'll get to go this coming Oct, but it's not looking good. Sigh.

Aww, that's a shame about Meeko! I miss the little Pocahontas show they had at AK too. It wasn't that impressive but it was so cute and I loved the way they had the colored leaves flying around her and all. We need more Pocahontas love at Disney!

That's so funny he found the cat without even trying! I am so determined to find it next time!

I'm not very competitive either... I just don't care. But when it comes to TSM, WHOLE OTHER STORY.

You definitely should visit Pop in November! I can't imagine going to Disney and not at least visiting, I love it so much, and that food is just sooo delicious!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #426
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
We always go to Disney in the summer and you have to wait almost 2 hours for Fantasmic. Itís ridiculous, so we havenít seen it in a while because we really donít want to wait around.

They need to add Rapunzel and Eugene. The show would be 1000x better.

I CANNOT WAIT to see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights in November. Like holy crap it looks amazing!

Salad is non-existent in Disney. Who wants salad when you can have a Mickey Bar or Tye Dye Cheesecake?
That is so annoying. I don't know how you deal with it, I'd get so impatient! I'm spoiled from always experiencing the low crowds I guess. Then again, Disney is Disney, and Disney is always amazing.

YES!!! In general, there just needs to be more Tangled stuff at Disney.

You absolutely must not miss the Osborne Lights! Same with the holiday ending of Illuminations. All the holiday stuff is great but those two things are just breathtaking.

That's what I'm sayin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I'm gonna have "Christmas Wrapping" stuck in my head all day now. It's just perfect for June 16th. Thanks, Lia!

AHHHHHH I need to see the Osborne Lights. NEED. I don't even know what else to say about them, just that I NEED TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

I am getting so pumped for Toy Story Mania. Just knowing that I will soon be frantically shooting at all those targets has my whole body aching with excitement.

I am in love with the Ornament Rockettes. So freakin' cute! Disney is the best.
Anytime, girl! Next you should have "If U Can't Dance" in your head. That one is perfect for June 18.

YES. And like I said... you can not possibly imagine how beautiful it really is until you see it! When you see it...then you'll understand... BOOM there's another song for ya. I'm just non-stop.

OH I'M SO JEALOUS. I wish I could go with you. YOU'RE SO CLOSE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I was at the gym the other day and they had this amazing 90's/early 2000's music playing that made my life. First they played the Spice Girls, then I heard that song that was like, "Where my girls at? From the front to back, is you feeling that? Put one hand up, can you repeat that? Trying to take my man, see I don't need that..." Do you remember that song? Anyway, the whole point of that was that I really appreciate it when people play these under appreciated classics.

HAHA I can imagine that lady jumping up with her baby every time the wave went by her. And I'm singing the Circle of Life in my head while imagining it, so that makes it even better.

I agree with you about Fantasmic! It's such a wonderful mash up of all things Disney. I love the black and white Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse, too!

YAY the Osborne Lights! Seriously, you and Jess describe it perfectly. It's just something you have to see for yourself, because it's that spectacular!

I won't lie, I am heeding your warning and I'm a little afraid to ever play TSM with you. It sounds like you show no mercy, and I would be annihilated. I love your intensity!

But really, that tye dye cheesecake is aaaamazing.
That's "Where My Girls At?" by 702! I used to love that song! Your gym sounds awesome. The Spice Girls are one of the best groups to listen to while working out cause so much of their stuff is so upbeat and empowering. GIRL POWER!!

That's perfect!

Omg, yeah, I forgot to mention that. The Steamboat Willie homage is amazing! I love when they reference classic Disney!

Thank you... but if we are ever in Disney at the same time I will probably challenge you to a TSM deathmatch anyway!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Alll caught up! Yes, another TR down... sorry had to add in a little happy dance there or here

I swear everytime I step into this TR I just get so giddy reading all your little pop culture references. From Ferris Bueller to Spice Girls, oh you know what you are doing when adding in those epic references! Anyways...

Sorry to hear about your little broken camera... if that ever happened on one of my trips, it would've been a VERY sad day because no way would my parents be buying me another one. That is why I'm very responsible when it comes to my electronics (minus the time my cellphone AND iPod (aka my life)) Let's move on... But at least during this crisis, you had great cab service but still NO FUN leaving Disney.

LOL @ your whole Minnie Mouse moment so funny. Same goes for the seating situation at CHH and Carousel of Progress, no wonder people don't like that ride The emphasis and description you give them just make them THAT much funnier. VIP seating or just too many people? We may never know lol

Awesome to hear you and Jess met up again! You guys always seem to have way too much fun to be legal together. Wow, there was A LOT of "tos" in that last sentence. Should that be legal? But so nice of Jess to offer her FPs to you instead of taking a double ride for herself

to the Osbourne Dancing Lights and Fantasmic! I haven't seen the Osbourne Lights, but I hope someday when I am able to go to the World around Christmastime, I will be able to do so. Fantasmic... nuff said. Such a great show and it really is awesome how it highlights Pocahontas. While I think it isn't as great as some other Disney movies, I mean other underrated Disney movies (which also include the more well-known Disney movies), it still deserves some recognition in the Disney parks that isn't a sad little M&G in Animal Kingdom. Her old home is a friggin' stroller parking place now, not okay Disney. Not Okay.

Another thumbs up to all the delicious Pop food! I really want to try the Cheesecake and the Penne Alfredo now, I love them on their own at home so they must be a million times better in Disney. Oh Disney, why you depress the value of food so much?

Can't wait to read more!
OK I love that you even get all my references! You're awesome!

Yeah, this isn't even the first time I've had a camera die at Disney! My dad bought me a new one on our trip in 2006 when I was 16. He was NOT happy about that one!

Thanks! I'm glad my descriptions are getting the hilarity of these situations across!

Yeah, Jess and I do have such a great time together! I really hope we are at Disney during the same time again soon.

I really hope you get to see the Osborne Lights! I'm sure you will someday. It is really not to be missed. I agree, I would love to see more Pocahontas at Disney! Like I was saying to someone else, I miss the old Pocahontas show at AK. It was really cute!

You have to try the Pop food, it's amazing!!!

Thank you!!!!!!1
Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #427
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

great reports thanks for sharing

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #428
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney owl View Post
great reports thanks for sharing
Thank YOU for reading them! I appreciate it
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #429
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Lia, make sure Jess sees this:

....And that is all.
I'm hoping that's a yes.... because if so, I will die of happiness.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #430
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

UGH sorry it has taken me so long to comment on this update! I always feel bad when I forget. Wow that Crossroads picture is gorgeous! Sunsets are my favorite.

Hahaha you know I agree with everything about Fantasmic! GIVE POCAHONTAS A CHANCE YALL. And omg Osborne Lights. Best display ever.

OMG you would absolutely destroy me on Toy Story Mania. Like, seriously. I am a competitive person, make no mistake about THAT, but I am so A.D.D. on that ride it isn't even funny. Actually it probably is funny. I'm always like OH LOOK it's Mr. Pricklepants! Oops I should be shooting. Hahaha but then it's too late. Sigh. I WILL DO BETTER NEXT MONTH! I'm determined.

I've been wanting to try that tie dye cheesecake FOREVER. Ugh it looks delicious.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #431
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
As usual, I agree with everything you said! I've been thinking about getting a part time job at the Disney Store as well, but I am hesitant b/c I feel like it will be torture to be surrounded by Disney things since I probably won't get to go to WDW at all this year and it's bothering me so much as it is. Or maybe I'm wrong and it would make me happy to be there. I don't know. We'll see.

OMG guess what I found yesterday? My old Hit Clips! Do you remember those?! If not, Google them. I found Britney "Baby One More Time", Backstreet Boys "The Call", and *NSYNC "Bringin' Da Noise". The funny thing is, I still listen to/love all these songs LOL! Especially Britney. That is sooo awesome that you found a guy who loves BSB! If you can't appreciate 90's pop and Disney, well, you're just not the guy for me. Sorry.
Sadly, I got told at the Disney Store that I have to wait for all the college kids to go back to school in August before they will consider hiring me. Whatever! lol. I know it's not Disney World, but I feel like I will get a magical kick out of just being able to participate and bring the magic to others. Like when I was at the grand opening, they asked if anyone had been to WDW and then if anyone had seen Festival of the Lion King. I went NUTS both times. Probably the only one using an outdoor voice inside, but hey...not my fault everyone else is boring. Anywho, they let me lead the masses in the hand jive they do at FotLK while singing Hakuna Matata acapella lol. I think being able to bring the magic to others will keep it magical.

I also had a very, very long chat with another Disney Store manager (not for the local one) but he was saying how much he loved it and they got to go on training retreats every single year and get to see John Lasseter talk and see all sorts of EXTRA sneak previews and what they are working on and beyond the scenes stuff and now I'm all like I WANT TO WORK MY WAY UP AND BECOME A DISNEY STORE MANAGER! Just for the perks. (Sneaking of perks...HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW MONSTERS UNIVERSITY TEASER??

OMG I love HitClips. I love that you found some. Those are classic. I loved all the fun stuf fin the 90s like that. Do you remember those polaroid cameras that printed out the mini pictures on stickers? Those were so fabulous. I had a purple one. I have many memories of sleepovers with my best friends were we would snap our little pictures with a soundtrack of all the best pop songs for our night. So amazing. I will never be over those days or stop liking that music. NEVER EVER EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I agree. There is something about Tangled that always gets me. Yesterday, I read an article about how "one note" dads in Disney movies tend to be, and they used Tangled as an example, and I was annoyed by that because I thought Rapunzel's parents were illustrated so beautifully. They used the animation perfectly to portray what the characters went through. They didn't need to use words to explain how they were feeling, it was all on their faces, and I just thought that was so impressive, especially in a movie made for children. It really wasn't one note at all. Sigh. Anyway, that's my little tangent for today.
Saw this comment and had to comment. Disney literally astounds me with how they can tell an amazing story that is totally clear and captivating and emotional and everything WITH NO WORDS. The parents in Tangled and also Carl and Ellie's love story in Up! are prime examples. Just as there are no words in the story, there really are no words to capture how incredible they are. I LOVE DISNEY!!!

I never have had the Pop fries with the chili cheese...I always get just cheese! I suppose I'll have to try it with the meat because I'm such a carnivore, it's shocking I haven't. (P.S. You know how at the Dinosaur gift shop, you can get a shirt with a brachiosaurus that says "Vegetarian"? I'm a little sad that they don't have one with a t-rex that says "Carnivore". A little gruesome maybe, but I think it'd be funny. Might be just me.)

Also...LOVE tie-dye cheesecake. That is such a winning combo...love red velvet and cheesecake. Although, I add another dimension to the love and always try to find pieces that are orange and blue because those are the colors of the Denver Broncos. I am also sometimes a sports nerd and always defend watching Sportscenter by saying that Disney owns ESPN too, so it's okay.

And I really love Hollywood Studios. I love your TSMM addiction. LOVE IT. Would you be so disappointed in me if I told that I have never seen Fantasmic? I don't want to stand in that crowd and I've only ever been in summer. To be honest, I usually walk past that CRAZY INSANE line and head straight to ToT and ride it all night because everyone else is at that show. But my boyfriend is wanting to go in November of next year, so I'll be sure to squeeze it in then!

OH and also...I'm completely addicted to the phrase the "Hollywood that never was and always will be". So perfect. It speaks such volumes with such little words. I LOVE DISNEY!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #432
__disneygirl

If there is anything in life I REALLY don't get it is how fast the time flies. I can't believe I haven't updated in 9 days! I'm gonna try and post one tonight. Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
UGH sorry it has taken me so long to comment on this update! I always feel bad when I forget. Wow that Crossroads picture is gorgeous! Sunsets are my favorite.

Hahaha you know I agree with everything about Fantasmic! GIVE POCAHONTAS A CHANCE YALL. And omg Osborne Lights. Best display ever.

OMG you would absolutely destroy me on Toy Story Mania. Like, seriously. I am a competitive person, make no mistake about THAT, but I am so A.D.D. on that ride it isn't even funny. Actually it probably is funny. I'm always like OH LOOK it's Mr. Pricklepants! Oops I should be shooting. Hahaha but then it's too late. Sigh. I WILL DO BETTER NEXT MONTH! I'm determined.

I've been wanting to try that tie dye cheesecake FOREVER. Ugh it looks delicious.
Don't apologize! Believe it or not, this TR is not required reading. LOL. and thank you! The sky was so pretty that night!

"Give Pocahontas a chance yall" LOL. I so agree.

Yes, I would destroy you and anyone who dares face me on Toy Story Mania. I understand the distraction though. The first few times I went on I was so overwhelmed by all the color and lights and sounds and everything else. It's such an amazing immersive experience, it's hard to focus.

So jealous you get to go next month! So many people are! Kara, Kristen, Joni... I know I'm forgetting someone. You should def try the cheesecake! It's so worth a trip over to Pop. Well, Pop is worth a trip over just in itself, I love that place so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Sadly, I got told at the Disney Store that I have to wait for all the college kids to go back to school in August before they will consider hiring me. Whatever! lol. I know it's not Disney World, but I feel like I will get a magical kick out of just being able to participate and bring the magic to others. Like when I was at the grand opening, they asked if anyone had been to WDW and then if anyone had seen Festival of the Lion King. I went NUTS both times. Probably the only one using an outdoor voice inside, but hey...not my fault everyone else is boring. Anywho, they let me lead the masses in the hand jive they do at FotLK while singing Hakuna Matata acapella lol. I think being able to bring the magic to others will keep it magical.

I also had a very, very long chat with another Disney Store manager (not for the local one) but he was saying how much he loved it and they got to go on training retreats every single year and get to see John Lasseter talk and see all sorts of EXTRA sneak previews and what they are working on and beyond the scenes stuff and now I'm all like I WANT TO WORK MY WAY UP AND BECOME A DISNEY STORE MANAGER! Just for the perks. (Sneaking of perks...HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW MONSTERS UNIVERSITY TEASER??

OMG I love HitClips. I love that you found some. Those are classic. I loved all the fun stuf fin the 90s like that. Do you remember those polaroid cameras that printed out the mini pictures on stickers? Those were so fabulous. I had a purple one. I have many memories of sleepovers with my best friends were we would snap our little pictures with a soundtrack of all the best pop songs for our night. So amazing. I will never be over those days or stop liking that music. NEVER EVER EVER.

Saw this comment and had to comment. Disney literally astounds me with how they can tell an amazing story that is totally clear and captivating and emotional and everything WITH NO WORDS. The parents in Tangled and also Carl and Ellie's love story in Up! are prime examples. Just as there are no words in the story, there really are no words to capture how incredible they are. I LOVE DISNEY!!!

I never have had the Pop fries with the chili cheese...I always get just cheese! I suppose I'll have to try it with the meat because I'm such a carnivore, it's shocking I haven't. (P.S. You know how at the Dinosaur gift shop, you can get a shirt with a brachiosaurus that says "Vegetarian"? I'm a little sad that they don't have one with a t-rex that says "Carnivore". A little gruesome maybe, but I think it'd be funny. Might be just me.)

Also...LOVE tie-dye cheesecake. That is such a winning combo...love red velvet and cheesecake. Although, I add another dimension to the love and always try to find pieces that are orange and blue because those are the colors of the Denver Broncos. I am also sometimes a sports nerd and always defend watching Sportscenter by saying that Disney owns ESPN too, so it's okay.

And I really love Hollywood Studios. I love your TSMM addiction. LOVE IT. Would you be so disappointed in me if I told that I have never seen Fantasmic? I don't want to stand in that crowd and I've only ever been in summer. To be honest, I usually walk past that CRAZY INSANE line and head straight to ToT and ride it all night because everyone else is at that show. But my boyfriend is wanting to go in November of next year, so I'll be sure to squeeze it in then!

OH and also...I'm completely addicted to the phrase the "Hollywood that never was and always will be". So perfect. It speaks such volumes with such little words. I LOVE DISNEY!!
Aww man! That sucks. I wonder if it would be the same story at the stores near me. We'll see. I totally agree that even though it's not WDW it would still be nice to be part of the magic. I think it would really make me happy to be surrounded by everything Disney for a few days a week, and help families pick things out and so on.

That is so awesome! I had no idea Disney Store managers got to go on retreats like that and everything. What a fun job. AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR MONSTER'S INC, OMG.

YES I had that polaroid camera that printed the little pictures! I just remembered, it was caused the i Zone camera! Which is weird b/c that's before Apple started making everything with an "i" before it, lol. I remember I was having a slumber party when I was like 12, and we were taking a bunch of pictures with my i Zone, and it looked like there was a ghost in the picture... there was like an outline of a person but you could barely see them. We showed it to my mom and she figured out that we just double exposed the film, so a picture got taken on top of another. LOL

Aww yes, Up is the same way. These movies just touch me so much. They are perfect.

Haha I would totally love that Carnivore shirt! It's not just you.

That's so funny that you choose the colors of the Broncos. I love all the different color combos...no two pieces are the same.

I don't blame you for not wanting to wait 2 hours. That's nuts. As a huge Disney fan though, you do need to see it at some point. It's a beautiful and unique show and it's so much fun.

You're so right! I love that explanation of the park. I wish I was that articulate.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #433
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 10, 2011
Day 6, Part 1 In Which We're Here To Change The World

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!!!!

Today was the day that I had been waiting on for eighteen excruciatingly long months: Late night Extra Magic Hours were being held at the Magic Kingdom!

Listen kids, when the Magic Kingdom stays open til the early morning hours, you really need to be there. It's the only time you can literally sit on the most popular attractions in the world without even having to get up in between rides. It's the only time you can do cartwheels down Main Street without kicking anybody in the face. It's the only time you can recite the entire movie "Superbad" in front of the castle without children hearing all the curse words and being scarred for life.

Like I said, you just REALLY need to be there. You may recall all these things (and more) happening during our 2010 trip when the MK was open until 3AM. We had such a ridiculously fun time that one of the first things I did during the planning process this time was figure out when we could get in on the late night magic again. Yikes, did that sound questionable, or do I just have a dirty mind? I'm pretty sure there are a few "movies" titled Late Night Magic or something like that.

UM......ANYWAY, the point is... EMH rocks. You gotta be there to know just how much it rocks and so those were our plans. But first, we had to get some rest.

It turns out, there is a LITTLE bit of sleeping in Disney. I know, I was shocked too. Still, I don't think Stacey sleeps. .....Ever.

My mom wanted to sleep in since we'd be staying out late, so after catching a few extra winks, I headed over to Everything Pop to fill up my mom's Refillable-4-LyFe mug with coffee and fill myself with Mickey Waffles. The pre-EMH plan was to hang out at Epcot, and around 11:00 AM we arrived at the front gates.

And then... crap had to happen. Sigh. Why is it always something?

Once we got up to the entrance, I realized that I forgot to add more days to our tickets because (for whatever reason) when I booked our package I only booked five day park hoppers, which we had used up.

For anyone who isn't aware of the way Disney tickets work, the more days you add on, the less you pay per day. If you already have 5 day park hoppers, adding on a 6th day is not the same price if you were to buy a brand new pass starting from scratch. The price is MUCH lower and decreases more and more as you go on. I think by the time you get to like, day 9, the price per day is like $7 or something. I've always appreciated this and I think it's a really smart move on Disney's part to charge so little for the extra days. Cause it's like, you've already got us. We're here and we're staying. No need to charge an arm and a leg for extra days.

In the past, if we'd plan a 10 day trip, we'd get 5 or 6 day park hoppers because my parents usually wanted to have some non-park days to to do other things. Often, we would just end up going to the parks every day anyway (we're Disney people...not Orlando people...what can I say?) and having to add on some days after we used up what we had purchased was NEVER a problem. We'd simply go up to the window and ask for additional days and they'd add them. So that's what I went up to the ticket window to do.

My mom and I decided we wanted to go to the parks every day for the rest of the trip, so I asked for 5 days each to be added to our passes. The CM said this was "not possible" because we had used up all 5 of our original days. I explained that in the past, I had used up all my days and added more, which should still be allowed since we had an existing reservation. It's not like we bought Disney tickets, used them up, and then came back a month later expecting them to give us the extra days at the supplemental price. She apologized and said there was nothing she can do because their policy is that once your days are used up, you have to START OVER and buy an entirely new ticket. I wouldn't call her a "bad" CM, but she wasn't really helping at all so I decided I would just cut to the chase and go over to Guest Services.

I felt sick. I mean, imagine the price you paid for tickets on your last trip. Now double it. OUCH, right? Yeah, there was just no way we were paying that. I never complain about Disney ticket prices because to me the cost is 100% worth the experience, but this was just ridiculous.

Honestly, though annoyed, I really wasn't that worried because I know how much Disney cares about their customers and how much they always try to appease us and fix any problem. Also, I've worked retail for big companies before, and most people in charge of stuff like this do have the "customer is always right" mentality because they are very focused on keeping returning business coming. I figured Disney would let us add the days on if I just explained the whole situation. Either that or they would continue to say no and I would start sobbing hysterically and then they would have to either A.) add the days on, or B.) Tranquilize me.

As we were walking to Guest Services, a CM walked up to us and asked if she could help us with anything. I told her what happened and was not so thrilled when she looked genuinely sad for us. I honestly expected that once I told a CM about this it would be immediately rectified, and that wasn't showing on her face, so I got a little nervous.

After talking to her for a minute, she perked up and said, "Wait. You didn't know, right? No one told you that you can't add additional days once you used up your originals?" I said yes, no one told us, and not only that, I'VE DONE IT BEFORE WITH NO PROBLEM so how could I possibly know this was not allowed? She said, "Make sure you tell them that at Guest Services. They can probably help you. I don't know. I'm not sure, but just make sure you tell them that."

So, over at Guest Services I calmly explained the whole situation while still asserting that I was really upset. I said that we have been coming to Disney over and over my whole life and nothing like this had ever happened before. I told him that I had no idea about this rule or else I obviously would have followed it, being that I had no reason not to. The whole time, the CM kept saying things like, "Yes," and "I understand." As soon as I stopped speaking, he told us that they would make an exception and add the days on.

WHEW. Relief! Problem solved. Not only did the CM take care of it right away, he was very nice about it and understanding. We had to fill out some Official Disney Paperwork, show our IDs, and then he put the new days on our tickets and we were good to go!

I love Thumper and Flower!

Haha, looks like Stitch got a little hungry.

Just like every time we visit Epcot, we went to Club Cool first to down some foreign soda. Our favorite is the pink watermelon from China. My second favorite is the orange coke from Germany. So delicious! AND SO FREE!

The next thing I wanted to do was be sure and see Captain EO, since it closes early (at 7) on every day except Friday, which we had learned a few days earlier when we tried to see it at night.

This picture cracks me up b/c CM standing next to the Captain EO poster noticed that I was taking a picture of it, and by default, her too. She had no idea what to do. She would like look at me, and then look away, and then like almost pose, but then stop, and look at me... it was sooo funny. FRUMP. We'd get along.

We arrived at the Imagination Pavilion and waited for the current show to end. I started to get really excited and emotional. I have been a huge, huge, HUGE Michael Jackson fan my whole life. I had heard about Captain EO for years and finally I was going to see it. I was jumping up and down!

So obviously, I completely loved it. It was so ridiculously 80's and so fun. And it proved that all problems can be solved by dancing. Also, reminded me a lot of Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies. The creatures were so adorable and funny! And I love watching Michael sing and dance in general, but when he's fighting evil AND it's in 3D? That is just even more epic. I know it's dated now, but people's minds must have been freakin' BLOWN when this came out in the 80's. It's just so awesome. Also, I thought Anjelica Huston's portrayal of the Supreme Leader was amazing. She was REALLY scary! Like I would have been scared if I was a child. That was too awesome. I loved it and I love Disney so much for bringing this back to honor MJ's legacy. Even though I really miss Honey, I Shrunk The Audience and hope they bring it back one day, I'm so glad Michael's show is back at the parks.

The jumping water outside of Imagination has always been a favorite thing of ours.

We had a lunch ADR planned that left just enough time for us to visit one of our loved ones.

You know him, you love him...

IT'S OUR FROGFISH FRIEND!!!!!!!!
As you can see, his mood did not improve from our last visit.

He would not talk to us.
I just wish someone would reach in that tank and stick some tiny Mickey Mouse ears on his head to cheer the guy up.

Extreme close up so you can see how awesome he really is.

Okay also, I must mention that as we were entering the Seas, there was a little girl in front of us who was quoting Dory and we were in stitches over it. You know how, in Finding Nemo, Dory keeps forgetting Nemo's name and calling him things like Chico and Fabio? This child, in her adorable high pitched little girl voice, was yelling "Nemooooooooooooo! Chicooooooooooooooooo! Fabioooooooooooo! HarpooooO!!!!! NemOoOooOOOOoo!!" CA-LASS-IC.

She and some other kids were there when we were visiting with Our Frogfish Friend and they were freaking out over seeing Dory in the tank and they kept chasing the fish around all excited. It was so adorable. I love kids!

After our little visit, it was time to walk over to the World Showcase for one of my FAVORITE restaurants in all of Disney!

Up next: I fall in love....again. Viva la France!

P.S. This is such a weird coincidence that I would get to this point of the TR on the anniversary of Michael Jackson's passing. RIP MJ.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #434
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

My mom is so not cool. I mean she is cool, but not when it comes to EMH at Disney. She doesn't like staying up late. While she is in bed at like 9, I'm up till 1, on Twitter or on the Dis of course. I am so dragging her to the parks at night. I don't care if she falls asleep on a bench. I'll just skip down the middle of Main Street at 1am. Ayways...

I am glad everything worked out for you in the end with your tickets!

My mom used to be obsessed with Michael Jackson and she has told me stories of how her and her friend waited TWO HOURS to see Captain EO when they were teenagers.

I think little kids are much cuter in Disney. I mean, of course little kids are cute, but I read tons of adorable stories of stuff kids do or say at Disney and I'm like OHMYGOD STOP BEING SO RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE, which is what I said becasue of the little girl at the Seas. SO CUTE.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #435
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

It's crazy how fast I find your trip report updates so soon after you post them. Clearly I spend a little too much time on the DIS. Ah well. No one's mad.

BAHAHAHA Stacey NEVER sleeps. You're right about that one.

THANK GOODNESS they let you add on the days! Phew good job with being assertive and sticking to your guns! That's just kind of a dumb rule. But you're right, they really do have the "customer is always right" mentality, so I wasn't surprised that they fixed the situation for you. Thank goodness they did!

LOL Captain EO frump. My friend Bobby who just got back from the college program worked at Captain EO and Figment!! I visited him at work when he was standing at that exact post! He's home now and he's having Disney withdrawal. HOW SAD!

I had to do it........

You're welcome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: