Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #376
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Beautiful pictures!!!!

That Mickey cone is adorable, I may have to have one during my July trip for the cuteness factor alone!!

I LOVE the story that Splash Mountain tells! I don't think it is very clear to the casual rider, and they are totally missing out!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #377
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran
 
Curiouser&curiouser!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="6"]

The CMs working this kept making announcements, over and over, I'd say at least once a minute, to STAY SEATED!!! REMAIN SEATED PLEASE!!!! Over and over and over and over. VERY LOUD. I'd say it's the loudest of the Disney loudspeakers.

Seriously! Those speakers are deafening! However, we actually had someone get up during the show and open the door to leave, so we got to hear it over and over too.
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #378
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??
 
AKL LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 979

I had one of those cones for the first time in April which is funny because I always buy them for my kids, yet never think to get one for myself. What is wrong with me!?

You know what makes that cone even better? And I know your familiar with this because you either did this earlier on this TR or on your last TR--having it at 2 am while in a practically empty MK!
AKL LOVER is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #379
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,422

Yes...I'm sure the new Disney store is going to take over my life. I don't even care! I am thrilled. I'll have to hassle Disney until they send us an outlet too!

You are so cute with your cousins...I'm sure they love that you hang out with them. Have they ever been to WDW yet? My son loves it. Sometimes I'll be like "where do you want to go for lunch?" and he'll be like "Disney World!". Or one time, he find some coins and he was like "Mom, I got 2 pennies! Now we can go to Disney World!" I wish that's all we needed!

OMG I LOOOOOVVVVE everything about Splash! The song is so great!! I love going on with new people too who think every drop is the big one....or better yet, pretending i'm new and freaking out at every drop! I'm such a dork! But that ride is seriously the best! It just fills me up with so much joy as I get to visit all my friends from the Briar!

And Jungle Cruise...LOVE!! So funny. I'm always dying. i would love to be the CM on that ride. I say so many corny jokes anyway...it'd only be fitting! And i loved your nuthouse one!! Bahaha I didn't even know you were joking because I've never seen that place and thought you were completely serious and I thought it was so cool!

How was pirate training? When I was there in 2010, Jack Sparrow totally picked me! It was so magical!! He winked at me too, but my friends insist it's because I was the only person over the age of 10. Whatever! I'm an official pirate now and they are just haters. You should totally volunteer for that one even if you don't think they'll let you. Just make sure to make eye contact with Jack Sparrow, the CM tried to stop me until I was like "No!! HE really picked me!"

I love the People Mover too. So relaxing and splendid. I also LOVE the Carousel of Progress. I find it hilariously terrific with all the cheesy lines and everything. It's just like a step back in time to simpler days...sigh...just makes me so happy! LOVE IT! "There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow! Shining at the end of every day!" I always sing that part every scene change

Can't wait for more!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #380
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

"I've got to get the laundry off the line before it starts raining cats and dogs!"

"Ah, don't worry Rover. She didn't mean real dogs."

...

"Oh, you and your progress! That paint mixer of yours just sloshed paint rump..er..rumpus room."

...

"Your turn Grandma. Let's switch the image over to the TV, so the resident flying ace can show you how it works."

...

Can you tell I've been on this ride a few times? There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...shining at the end of every day...
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #381
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
THAT IS THE BEST FRIENDS EPISODE. I have referenced it twice in this TR alone LOLOLOL. "The One Where No One's Ready". My favorite thing about that flawless show is the random stuff they say in every episode that has nothing to do with anything, like that Donald reference. It keeps it so fresh, you just never know what they are going to come out with. Especially Chandler and Phoebe. Oh my GOD they need to do a reunion special or something before I die.
Best episode ever. (1st runner up? The who knows each other better episode. "Big Fat Goalie!")

"I'm about to do some lunges."
shan23877 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #382
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,306

Great pictures. The color quality is beautiful!
shan23877 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #383
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

That Mickey sundae looks so good!! I had no idea those existed!

Okay. I do love the CoP, but I will admit, 4 times seeing one scene does sound like a bit much! You must have been pretty happy to see the next Great Big Beautiful scene!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #384
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran
 
MarieTheCat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,153

It's rainy and gross here today, but those Main Street pics are cheering me right up. So pretty!

I love Frontierland Donald's outfit because he wore something similar in the Campout at WDW sing-along VHS I was obsessed with as a kid.

Well, I laughed really hard at the Nut House joke and I'm a wannabe Jungle Cruise skipper so...

I am so jealous of everyone who gets stuck on the Carousel of Progress. I mean, I would probably die of hysterical laughter, but it would be a darn good way to go. Just imagining everyone groaning as the scene restarts already puts a smile on my face.
MarieTheCat24 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #385
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
"I've got to get the laundry off the line before it starts raining cats and dogs!"

"Ah, don't worry Rover. She didn't mean real dogs."

...

"Oh, you and your progress! That paint mixer of yours just sloshed paint rump..er..rumpus room."

...

"Your turn Grandma. Let's switch the image over to the TV, so the resident flying ace can show you how it works."

...

Can you tell I've been on this ride a few times? There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...shining at the end of every day...
Tehehehehe! This is why I love you tinkgurl!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #386
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YEAH, bring back Davy Jones! He has much more of an eerie quality that fits in with the ride a lot better! I know we talked about this on my TR but whatever hahah.

Amen to everything you just said about Splash Mountain! That ride is just wonderful. I'm pretty obsessed.

People just like to take their anger out on anyone who happens to be there, and those poor CMs are usually the people who get it. I mean, they don't usually make announcements like that unless they need to, so chances are someone was standing in one of the other rooms. Just because the yelling guy couldn't see it, doesn't mean it wasn't happening. Or did he forget that there were other parts to the ride? Oh silly man.
I totally agree! Seeing a new character in there (don't even remember who it was) was off putting.

Yeah, I think some guests underestimate how dumb other guests can be! A lot of people just don't care or don't listen and they end up getting up and getting hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Oh wow, your new camera took some amazing pictures! I love them!

I love that print of Mickey and Minnie. It’s adorable!

Donald in his Frontierland costume <3

I feel so bad for you mom because she had not been on the Jungle Cruise in so long. How sad!

Mickey ice cream come + Cinderella’s castle = best picture ever.

Rude guests are just awful. Why go to the happiest place on earth and ruin other people’s vacation? I can’t stand it.
Thank you!

Isn't it just precious? I got it at Art of Disney. It was pretty cheap too from what I can recall.

I agree! If anything, at Disney I'm extra nice to people just cause I'm in such a great mood, so I really don't understand these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Lia, you always update at wonderful times. I've been doing homework for my summer classes LITERALLY since the minute I woke up this morning, so it's about time for a nice Disney break.

Your new camera is seriously awesome!! Did you edit your pictures at all or are they just naturally that gorgeous?!

I MISS DAVY JONES TOO! And omg I never noticed that lock before!!

The Jungle Cruise is perfection. I don't know why, but the jokes get funnier and funnier every time. Seriously.

LOL I was just about to comment "wow, the clouds are absolutely BEAUTIFUL on this day!!" But then I realized I was there on this same exact day. And that's when I took all of those exceptionally beautiful pictures with the AWESOME clouds! Haha they really added to the beauty in both of our pictures!

I agree... the People Mover's new spiel makes it a little bit less awesome. It's still like.. my favorite ride ever. But still. My heart is completely and eternally broken.

HAHAHAHA oh my God. 4 times?!?! That's hilarious. "Whoa there, you'll blow a fuse! Drat that's the third one this week, I buy fuses by the case." "Jimmy, hurry up with that fuse!" "Shucks! Every time he has company he blows a fuse! And guess who always has to change it?" "I heard that young man, I heard that!"

Oh and the ever famous "Rover, don't interrupt while Sarah's interrupting!"
I am here to serve you with my Disney obsession, my friend!

I edit every single one of my pictures. I prefer things to be more colorful and vibrant, and Disney pictures are the most fun to edit because there is SO MUCH beauty to bring out!

I agree about the jokes. Even though I've memorized a lot of them, they still make me laugh. I think it's mostly the Disney giggles. I'm just so happy to be there that I can't help but laugh.

The clouds really were even more gorgeous than usual! We were lucky to be there. I miss it SO much right now! Like even more than usual!

Hahahaha the word "shucks" is just so funny. I need to start saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
Beautiful pictures!!!!

That Mickey cone is adorable, I may have to have one during my July trip for the cuteness factor alone!!

I LOVE the story that Splash Mountain tells! I don't think it is very clear to the casual rider, and they are totally missing out!
Thank you!

You absolutely must try the cone! I promise it is as delicious as it is cute... possibly more.

Same here! I remember riding it over and over as a kid and loving it... but once I got a bit older and understood the message, I had a whole new appreciation for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Seriously! Those speakers are deafening! However, we actually had someone get up during the show and open the door to leave, so we got to hear it over and over too.
Oh my God that makes me so nervous! I really don't understand what these people are thinking when they get up during the rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I had one of those cones for the first time in April which is funny because I always buy them for my kids, yet never think to get one for myself. What is wrong with me!?

You know what makes that cone even better? And I know your familiar with this because you either did this earlier on this TR or on your last TR--having it at 2 am while in a practically empty MK!
I'm glad you finally tried it for yourself! And you are so right about it being even better during late night EMH.
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #387
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Yes...I'm sure the new Disney store is going to take over my life. I don't even care! I am thrilled. I'll have to hassle Disney until they send us an outlet too!

You are so cute with your cousins...I'm sure they love that you hang out with them. Have they ever been to WDW yet? My son loves it. Sometimes I'll be like "where do you want to go for lunch?" and he'll be like "Disney World!". Or one time, he find some coins and he was like "Mom, I got 2 pennies! Now we can go to Disney World!" I wish that's all we needed!

OMG I LOOOOOVVVVE everything about Splash! The song is so great!! I love going on with new people too who think every drop is the big one....or better yet, pretending i'm new and freaking out at every drop! I'm such a dork! But that ride is seriously the best! It just fills me up with so much joy as I get to visit all my friends from the Briar!

And Jungle Cruise...LOVE!! So funny. I'm always dying. i would love to be the CM on that ride. I say so many corny jokes anyway...it'd only be fitting! And i loved your nuthouse one!! Bahaha I didn't even know you were joking because I've never seen that place and thought you were completely serious and I thought it was so cool!

How was pirate training? When I was there in 2010, Jack Sparrow totally picked me! It was so magical!! He winked at me too, but my friends insist it's because I was the only person over the age of 10. Whatever! I'm an official pirate now and they are just haters. You should totally volunteer for that one even if you don't think they'll let you. Just make sure to make eye contact with Jack Sparrow, the CM tried to stop me until I was like "No!! HE really picked me!"

I love the People Mover too. So relaxing and splendid. I also LOVE the Carousel of Progress. I find it hilariously terrific with all the cheesy lines and everything. It's just like a step back in time to simpler days...sigh...just makes me so happy! LOVE IT! "There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow! Shining at the end of every day!" I always sing that part every scene change

Can't wait for more!
A couple of them have been to WDW, but not in a long time. Unfortunately their parents don't get the magic of Disney. Even when they went it was only for 1 or 2 days. They are more of beach people. My dream is to take them to Disney. The oldest one is about to turn 12 and I really wanna bring her while she's still young enough to have that kid kind of magic. I mean I know she's not a baby, but still.

haha yes! Did you read my last TR? Cause on our last night during EMH we rode a bunch of times in a row with this crazy guy who had no idea when the drops were coming the first time and he kept SCREAMING and it was hilarious!

OMG you are right it would be so fun to be the skipper on the Jungle Cruise. I mean, I bet it would feel repetitive but still so fun!

We didn't really see much of Pirate Training cause we came by during the middle of it, but I wanna see it from the beginning one of these days! You are soooo lucky Jack picked you!

I always sing the song at CoP too! It's so cheesy... but I like cheesy, so it's fun for me!

Yay! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
"I've got to get the laundry off the line before it starts raining cats and dogs!"

"Ah, don't worry Rover. She didn't mean real dogs."

...

"Oh, you and your progress! That paint mixer of yours just sloshed paint rump..er..rumpus room."

...

"Your turn Grandma. Let's switch the image over to the TV, so the resident flying ace can show you how it works."

...

Can you tell I've been on this ride a few times? There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...shining at the end of every day...
wow tinkgurlfriend you really know your CoP quotes! I forgot about that rumpus room one. So funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Best episode ever. (1st runner up? The who knows each other better episode. "Big Fat Goalie!")

"I'm about to do some lunges."
haha yes! That is the quote that inspired me to do lunges before the Toy Story Mania Mad Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great pictures. The color quality is beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That Mickey sundae looks so good!! I had no idea those existed!

Okay. I do love the CoP, but I will admit, 4 times seeing one scene does sound like a bit much! You must have been pretty happy to see the next Great Big Beautiful scene!!
Well, thanks to my fab TR, now you know!

Oh it was certainly enough. I don't think I'll be sprinting toward that attraction on my next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
It's rainy and gross here today, but those Main Street pics are cheering me right up. So pretty!

I love Frontierland Donald's outfit because he wore something similar in the Campout at WDW sing-along VHS I was obsessed with as a kid.

Well, I laughed really hard at the Nut House joke and I'm a wannabe Jungle Cruise skipper so...

I am so jealous of everyone who gets stuck on the Carousel of Progress. I mean, I would probably die of hysterical laughter, but it would be a darn good way to go. Just imagining everyone groaning as the scene restarts already puts a smile on my face.
Happy my pics could brighten up your dreary day! and before you know it, YOU'LL BE STANDING IN FRONT OF THAT CASTLE!!!

haha I remember you telling me about that video!

I'm glad my nut house joke is getting laughs... sounds like I am Skipper material! Hey, let's move down to Disney and get an apartment together and be skippers and eat Mickey Rice Crispie Treats all day. Deal?

That is exactly right... the groans just kept on comin' and I just kept on cracking up. See this is why we're friends, you get stuff like this. Other people are just like AGH HOW ANNOYING and I'm like no, no, it was hilarious and awesome cause I am weird.
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #388
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,988

I miss Davy Jones too. Or should I say, Davy Jones-ah.

Um, how have I never seen that nut house before? Because honestly, I would need to be in it.

Also, Plaza Ice Cream, kids cone, check.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #389
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,857

Guess what?

I GOT A MICKEY WAFFLE MAKER.

My mom's friend got it for me for my birthday. I am so excited to use it.

Want to come over for breakfast and have a mickey waffle?
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 06-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #390
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Guess what?

I GOT A MICKEY WAFFLE MAKER.

My mom's friend got it for me for my birthday. I am so excited to use it.

Want to come over for breakfast and have a mickey waffle?
I mean... can I come?
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: