Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
disneyaddict1016
Earning My Ears

Talking My Last Disney Twip with my Mom

I guess I should start by saying that I'm 17, and will be going away to college in a year. It's just me and my mom, and it has been that way for a few years now. We have been to Disney twice before, when i was 10 and then again when i was 13. I was never the type of kid to beg my mom to go to Disney. It never really crossed my mind.

Our first trip was a complete surprise to me. They woke me up at the crack of dawn and we were off! That's where the obsession began. As you all know, once you go to Disney, you can't wait to get your tail feather back there! After the first trip I was begging and begging to go back again. We finally did for my 13th birthday

I'm 17,now and I have done reports on Walt Disney and Disney World, so as you can tell I am BIG on Disney. So how fitting is it that I have a boyfriend who is just as crazy about it as me? Well the lucky Donald Duck he is goes every year. He got back about two weeks ago after being there for two weeks. The good boyfriend he is sent me lots of pictures and brought me back some legos (another thing we both like haha ), a Tinker Bell stuffed animal, and an Ariel stuffed animal. How lucky am I? Well, as I'm sure you guessed, that got the Disney juices flowing. You know the feeling you get when someone you know is in Disney and it makes you go crazy about wanting to go back? Yup. That's how it was for me!

Now, my mom loves Disney as much as the next person, but obviously it being just me and her, it just is hard to budget. Well, as an 18th birthday/ graduation present we were going to go to NYC for a few days in OCT. Well the smartie I am decided to ask about Disney, as usual. I didn't think she'd say yes, but she said that if I was willing to wait 'til the Spring of 2014 we could go, but that means no NYC. How could I refuse?! We had agreed on 6 days. Four days in the parks and two to do whatever, but, over the past week I got her agree to 10 days! Don't ask me how I did that, because I'm not too sure how I managed that! So now we are saving. For our last trip together. I love my mom to death, she's the most amazing, loving ,and strongest woman I know. Spending one more vacation with her before I start college would be amazing no matter where it was. It just makes it better that it's in a place we both love.

Being over a year away, not too much planning will be going on now. I'll post places were thinking about eating, things we might do. I guess it'll be pretty boring until the real planning starts! But I hope you keep reading, well actually..I just hope you read it! haha:P

T-T-F-N Ta Ta For Now!

P.S How do you get rid of the ticker?! The one on now is from when we thought we were going haha
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Goofy_Girl
My Scottish Fold owns me!

Awe that's so sweet, I'm sure you two will have a blast. My DD16 and I are doing the same thing this year. It's a special mom and daughter trip this March to AKL (it will be our first time staying there) Next year she is a senior and we are planning a trip with her nanna( my mom), her cousin and a friend to come to celebrate graduation. So this will be our last trip together just her and I before she goes to college. We have been twice before with others and then just the two of us for her 15th birthday. So this coming trip is going to be a very special one Oh and about getting rid of the ticker go to " User CP" in the top bar then to "edit signature" then you can remove and add as you please =3
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
disneyaddict1016
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the ticker help! I'll def do that when I'm on my computer! I hope you guy have a good trip! Mother daughter time is always special!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
disneyaddict1016
Earning My Ears

Well plans changed a bit. My mom is getting a new job and wont be able to get the days off. So we're back to six days. But nothings wrong with that! I still get to go to DTD and all four parks! We might do ten. But for now the plan will be 6 either way, I get to go to Disney. And that's nothing to complain about!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
disneyaddict1016
Earning My Ears

Well, yet another plan change! We went to Disney on Ice today, and for some reason that got my mom in the Disney mood. When we got back we started pricing things and had a give up point where we thought we'd just give up on the whole trip. Of course I cried. After re-doing our math we had hope again and decided to switch our trip to the summer. Yikes! That Florida heat is brutal! We may even go back to our original ten day plan! It didnt end up so bad after all!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
disneyaddict1016
Earning My Ears

Pretty much talking to myself here! Haha oh well! Good for memories at least Well there's another possible change! My family adores my boyfriend. He's just an all around good guy. So, me and my mom were talking and she suggested i invite him! Well him and I have always wanted to go together so this may be our chance! Hopefully were still together by then haha This trip just keeps getting better and better

Tags
disney, last trip, mom, planning journal, teen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: