Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

I did not get anything and I am not holding my breath waiting.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

I got it! I'm glad I read the posts before starting my own, because I would have put the actual gift in the subject line of the post, and (not intentionally) spoiled the surprise.

This is a really nice gift, one that I am glad to receive. And it's very, very smart of ABD to do it - clearly it doesn't cost them much, and generates a lot of good will.

Although as one poster noted, a surprise ABD trip from DH would have been awfully welcome too! But this gift did trigger the question from DH "do they have a trip there?" which is almost as good.

Happy holidays, everyone!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

got mine today!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I did not get anything and I am not holding my breath waiting.
So, Tozzie, did you get your package? I'm really, really hoping you did!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #20
nordkin
DIS Veteran

We still have not gotten ours and like Tozzie, I am not holding my breath.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
So, Tozzie, did you get your package? I'm really, really hoping you did!

Sayhello
Nope.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkin View Post
We still have not gotten ours and like Tozzie, I am not holding my breath.
I'm sorry... Did either of you ever end up getting the Greece package?

Sayhello
Old 12-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm sorry... Did either of you ever end up getting the Greece package?

Sayhello
I did get the Greece package eventually. The powers that be at ABD probably read my post in that thread about my dissapointment with ABD and how next year my trip would not be an ABD and took me off the list.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

For those of you still waiting, did you register for the ABD Insider website? That's the only reason I think we get these gifts.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
For those of you still waiting, did you register for the ABD Insider website? That's the only reason I think we get these gifts.
Yes, but according to the thread on the Greece package you didn't have to register if you had taken an ABD trip. I have taken 3.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Tozzie, when I called ABD about the Greece package I was told that you had to register at the Insiders website and if you booked through a travel agent, your travel agent must register for you. I registered myself and didn't receive anything and they told me that was the reason. I booked through Costco, and since Costco's ABD reservation number goes directly to ABD there was no human travel agent to register for me. Anyway, the ABD rep registered my name again and I eventually got the package. For the Christmas package, I received one for both the registration I entered myself and the one the ABD rep entered for me. I can tell because I use my middle name and that is how I registered myself, but the ABD rep registered me with my first name. I hope your package is just delayed.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #27
nordkin
DIS Veteran

I am registered and did eventually receive the Greece package about a month after most people. We have also taken 3 trips with them. Still no package here.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #28
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Tozzie, when I called ABD about the Greece package I was told that you had to register at the Insiders website and if you booked through a travel agent, your travel agent must register for you. I registered myself and didn't receive anything and they told me that was the reason. I booked through Costco, and since Costco's ABD reservation number goes directly to ABD there was no human travel agent to register for me. Anyway, the ABD rep registered my name again and I eventually got the package. For the Christmas package, I received one for both the registration I entered myself and the one the ABD rep entered for me. I can tell because I use my middle name and that is how I registered myself, but the ABD rep registered me with my first name. I hope your package is just delayed.
I understand that and my response to being asked if I registered was yes but according to some other info I recieved if you had been on previous trips you didn't have to register but I did register, I am sorry, but this is a lot of rubbish and I am so over ABD it isn't about the gift but the principal of it.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I understand that and my response to being asked if I registered was yes but according to some other info I recieved if you had been on previous trips you didn't have to register but I did register, I am sorry, but this is a lot of rubbish and I am so over ABD it isn't about the gift but the principal of it.
I'm so sad to hear this, Tozzie, as I remember how much you loved ABD. But they really don't cater to return guests, and that's sad, too.

Sayhello
Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #30
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear you! This whole registration thing is a lot of baloney! When I called about not receiving the Greece package they couldn't find me in their system. ABD rep asked when was the last time I have traveled with them. I've been on 3 ABD's and it had been less than a month since I had been on the SWS trip. Honestly, how can they not know who their past guests are?
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: