Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #121
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I just started running. We were planning to be at WDW during this time anyway and I am thinking about signing up for the 5k or possibly shooting for the 10 miler. Are the resorts listed on the runDisney site the host hotels? Is the cost of the Hollywood Bash really included in the registtration fee for the 10 miler? How soon do these races fill up? I'm not quite ready to commit yet.
Yes the host resorts are listed on the runDisney site. They are also copied and pasted earlier in this thread, if you can't find them or don't want to try to explore.

It appears as though the cost of the after party is built into the race registration fee.

The race registration doesn't open until Tuesday. Tough to say how quickly a new race will fill up. I assume you will have at least a week.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #122
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
The race registration doesn't open until Tuesday. Tough to say how quickly a new race will fill up. I assume you will have at least a week.
As long as there's no pressure.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ

Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #123
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I just started running. We were planning to be at WDW during this time anyway and I am thinking about signing up for the 5k or possibly shooting for the 10 miler. Are the resorts listed on the runDisney site the host hotels? Is the cost of the Hollywood Bash really included in the registtration fee for the 10 miler? How soon do these races fill up? I'm not quite ready to commit yet.
I feel the exact opposite, theres no motivation better for me than paying the money to run!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #124
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Just booked our room at the Boardwalk...first time staying there...yipee! I'll be ready to register Tuesday morning! We're gonna fly in Friday evening after work and then stay through wednesday to enjoy the F&W. Oh, how I the F&W.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #125
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

we are staying at the BW too! i'm registering on Tuesday! so excited for this race.......i wonder what the medal will look like?

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #126
hungrygreenhippo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
....still wishing they would offer the choice of either a men's or women's cut shirt rather than the unisex...but oh well...it's not a deal breaker, I'll be there and I'll get the pin too because I'm a sucker!!! The BF and I decided at lunch today that we're going to splurge and stay at BW...at least that's the plan now...hopefully nothing happens in the next 7 months that will force us to change our minds. We've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new...and that one has always been on his "want" list. Now seriously, what has happened to the fares to Orlando from Houston??? They've been insane lately! I'm trying to swing a trip in April and they are currently not budging from around $330-$370 and it's driving me nuts!
I know this comment is a few days old, but I'm totally with you on the women's cut shirts. I absolutely love my Princess and Tinkerbell shirts, but my other Disney shirts are worthless to me. The Rock 'n' Roll series offers gender specific shirts now, so it's about time for Disney to get on board as well. It's not a deal breaker for me with Disney races, but it actually is a deal breaker for me at local races. It used to be that I wouldn't run a half marathon that didn't offer a finisher's medal. Now my criteria is that the race has to either have a women's shirt or offer a lower price to those who don't want a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I expect to get my federal returns back next week, so short answer. Yes.
ToT 10M & 5K. DL ½ & 5K. And as soon as it opens Wine & Dine ½ & 5K.

Then it will be saving a bit to pay to be Dopey for Marathon Weekend 2013.
Have you started thinking about what you'll do the day of the 10M and 5k? I was planning to run both and then saw that they're on the same day. I'm not sure I can handle getting up for a 7:30am 5k and then staying up until 3am at DHS for the after party. I may end up skipping the parks that day and just taking a long afternoon nap instead.
hungrygreenhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #127
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I'm definitely registering on Tuesday for the race. I'm planning a solo trip down for the weekend (leave NY on Friday and return home on Monday, I think?). I was originally planning to stay at BC but unless some good AP discounts come out, I think that might be too pricey to justify on a solo trip. Now I'm thinking about either renting DVC points and staying at either BC or BW villas OR staying at POR. Or maybe Swan/Dolphin but I'd have to factor in the cost of transportation to/from airport.
I figure I'll sign up for the race and then worry about a bed later.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #128
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm definitely registering on Tuesday for the race. I'm planning a solo trip down for the weekend (leave NY on Friday and return home on Monday, I think?). I was originally planning to stay at BC but unless some good AP discounts come out, I think that might be too pricey to justify on a solo trip. Now I'm thinking about either renting DVC points and staying at either BC or BW villas OR staying at POR. Or maybe Swan/Dolphin but I'd have to factor in the cost of transportation to/from airport.

Amanda
That would be my plan also.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #129
stasijane
Crazed one

So normally my other half does not like to participate in anything fun or silly but after seeing all the people dressed up at the wine and dine last year I think I have him talked into letting us dress up in a couples villian theme this year. YEA!!! only I cant come up with any ideas....
Old 02-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #130
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygreenhippo View Post
I know this comment is a few days old, but I'm totally with you on the women's cut shirts. I absolutely love my Princess and Tinkerbell shirts, but my other Disney shirts are worthless to me. The Rock 'n' Roll series offers gender specific shirts now, so it's about time for Disney to get on board as well. It's not a deal breaker for me with Disney races, but it actually is a deal breaker for me at local races. It used to be that I wouldn't run a half marathon that didn't offer a finisher's medal. Now my criteria is that the race has to either have a women's shirt or offer a lower price to those who don't want a shirt.

Have you started thinking about what you'll do the day of the 10M and 5k? I was planning to run both and then saw that they're on the same day. I'm not sure I can handle getting up for a 7:30am 5k and then staying up until 3am at DHS for the after party. I may end up skipping the parks that day and just taking a long afternoon nap instead.
Very good point! I hadn't noticed the time of the 5K. I like to do the 5K in addition to the longer races, but this one is troublesome. Even if I don't do it, but some of my family do it I will need to be there. If I'm there I'm doing the dang thing. I just might need to take an afternoon nap as well.

We will be at Bonnet Creek. That is a lovely resort and we always stay there. Its very economical for us and now we always get presidential reserve suites and they are just AMAZING! We always drive to the parks and the starts of races anyway, so its all good. With our AP's this year at least we don't have to pay that exhorbitant $15 parking fee!!! Does anyone else ever stay at Bonnet Creek Resort?
MelindaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #131
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer

Wanna hear something weird? Both my husband and I got email alerts that we were now signed up for runner tracking for the January 2011 WDW Half Marathon! I did this race a year ago, and I'm just now receiving the email that I am signed up for runner tracking? So bizarre!!
MelindaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #132
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post

Amanda
My plan as well!!

I was thinking that I was going to make the RunDisney event in May, but some things have changed. So I thinking that it will be a good idea to do this event. Hopefully no more changes will happen.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #133
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

I'm another one coming down on Friday morning and leaving on Monday. I will be staying with my DS. His apartment is 5 minutes from POR/FQ so it is ideal for me. Even with road closures, it only took me 15 minutes from his place to being parked at EPCOT for the WDW Half last month.

Will be using my AP for parks, frequent flyer points for flight and corporate plan for rental car. I have become pretty discriminating at the Expos, so I think my out of pocket costs will be pretty minimal - groceries for the weekend and a nice dinner out with my DS and his GF.

Anyone think there will be a WISH meet for this race?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #134
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
So normally my other half does not like to participate in anything fun or silly but after seeing all the people dressed up at the wine and dine last year I think I have him talked into letting us dress up in a couples villian theme this year. YEA!!! only I cant come up with any ideas....
I'm having a tough time coming up with any good villain theme to incorporate into my outfit as well. I love planning a theme for the Disney race outfits, but this ones definitely going to be hard...it's not as easy to find villain related stuff out there as it is to find Mickey, princess, think, etc!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #135
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm having a tough time coming up with any good villain theme to incorporate into my outfit as well. I love planning a theme for the Disney race outfits, but this ones definitely going to be hard...it's not as easy to find villain related stuff out there as it is to find Mickey, princess, think, etc!
Yeah they are limited on the villian costumes. We have come to the realization that we wont be a villian couple, but maybe a villian and supporting character

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: