Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #91
Carolina Blair
Earning My Ears

We are eagerly awaiting the info too! Really looking forward to getting the details and I'm already starting to plan my outfit.
1983-Offsite~1990-Grovernor Resort~1992-Offsite~1994-Caribbean Beach Resort~1995-Caribbean Beach Resort~2007-All Star Sports~September 2009-Saratoga Springs~December 2009-Pop Century~June 2011-Port Orleans FQ~October 2011-Boardwalk Villas~January 2012-Polynesian~September 2012-Boardwalk Inn

Next Up:

Disney Races: WDW 1/2 Marathon 2012/Tower of Terror 10 miler 2012
Carolina Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #92
ludari
DIS Veteran

I am so in for this race. I can't wait for registration to open up.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #93
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I think I've been talked into do this one. The twisting of my arm was very difficult.

Right now there will be three of us.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #94
TXHauntedMansionFan
Tomb Sweet Tomb

Three of us will be coming over from TX for this race. We're all excited as it'll be the first Disney race for each of us.

One question: if you aren't staying at a host hotel (but are staying at another WDW resort) can you still get transportation to packet pickup and back to your resort after the race/after party?
TXHauntedMansionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #95
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHauntedMansionFan View Post
Three of us will be coming over from TX for this race. We're all excited as it'll be the first Disney race for each of us.

One question: if you aren't staying at a host hotel (but are staying at another WDW resort) can you still get transportation to packet pickup and back to your resort after the race/after party?
We stayed at a non-host resort for Wine & Dine and this is how we did it...saturday morning for packet pick up and the expo we just took a cab to WWoS. This seemed so much easier and less time consuming than trying to figure out how many busses we would need to take to where to get to a host hotel and then take another bus from there to the expo. As for getting to the start area of the race, it was a little easier since it was a night race and normal park busses were running. Busses were picking up runners that drove their own vehicles in one of the Epcot parking lots, so we just took our normal resort bus to Epcot, walked over to the parking area where the race busses were and hopped on one to the race starting area. It was simple and we had no issues whatsoever. I later read that traffic got to be pretty terrible and others that did this barely made it in time or arrived late. I leave myself PLENTY of time for stuff like this and am normally earlier than I need to be...but also normally miss out on the anxiety and stress of being late, missing the start and having to run to my corral. After the race, we hung around the after party for a bit but when we were ready to leave we asked a CM to point us in the direction of a cab line and took that route back to our hotel...there werwe plenty of cabs waiting there for runners and we got right into one.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #96
Cripey
DIS Veteran

There's finally more info posted for the ToT 10 miler on the runDisney site!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #98
yulilin3
Disney Freak

It looks like no running thru Animal Kingdom Oh well, glad we have some more information before the registration opens.
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #99
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Woo Hoo!!!! Now how to convince someone to come down with me.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #100
Raya
Mouseketeer

In case you don't want to go all the way over to the Run Disney site, here are the Host Resorts:
Disney Value Resorts
Packages start as low as $214 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
* Disney's All-Star Music Resort
* Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Packages start as low as $259 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Packages start as low as $458 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney's Beach Club Resort
* Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Not the resorts I was hoping for. Are these rates really that much cheaper?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #101
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
In case you don't want to go all the way over to the Run Disney site, here are the Host Resorts:
Disney Value Resorts
Packages start as low as $214 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
* Disney's All-Star Music Resort
* Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Packages start as low as $259 per person for a two night stay.*
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
* Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Packages start as low as $458 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney's Beach Club Resort
* Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Not the resorts I was hoping for. Are these rates really that much cheaper?
If that is based on single occupancy, it is $107/night for the All-Stars. Not exactly what I would call a deal. But it isn't really about giving us a great deal to stay on sight, its to keep us all corralled into certain hotels if we want to use Disney's Transportation Services.

If pass holder rates are released, I may just rent a car. Sooo much easier.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #102
Cripey
DIS Veteran

....still wishing they would offer the choice of either a men's or women's cut shirt rather than the unisex...but oh well...it's not a deal breaker, I'll be there and I'll get the pin too because I'm a sucker!!! The BF and I decided at lunch today that we're going to splurge and stay at BW...at least that's the plan now...hopefully nothing happens in the next 7 months that will force us to change our minds. We've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new...and that one has always been on his "want" list. Now seriously, what has happened to the fares to Orlando from Houston??? They've been insane lately! I'm trying to swing a trip in April and they are currently not budging from around $330-$370 and it's driving me nuts!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #103
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
....still wishing they would offer the choice of either a men's or women's cut shirt rather than the unisex...but oh well...it's not a deal breaker, I'll be there and I'll get the pin too because I'm a sucker!!! The BF and I decided at lunch today that we're going to splurge and stay at BW...at least that's the plan now...hopefully nothing happens in the next 7 months that will force us to change our minds. We've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new...and that one has always been on his "want" list. Now seriously, what has happened to the fares to Orlando from Houston??? They've been insane lately! I'm trying to swing a trip in April and they are currently not budging from around $330-$370 and it's driving me nuts!
One perk is you can walk back to the Boardwalk from HS and the after party, if you so desire.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #104
disneyfreak1
Willing to tag for tickets

Am I understanding this correctly? A ticket to the Hollywood Bash will be included with registration? If so, that is an awesome deal. Much less than the Princess 1/2 registration and an after party included.
NCL Seaward 04/92
Disney Magic 03/17/01, 3/22/03, 3/28/09
Disney Wonder 07/21/05, 12/10/09
RCCL Freedom of the Seas 03/30/08
Carnival Sensation 09/18/08, 7/23/09
Disney Dream 3/24/11
Carnival Fascination 6/6/13 (50th Birthday Cruise)
disneyfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #105
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Glad to finally see details! I thought the price seemed reasonable. I'm surprised there is no chEAR squad or race retreat packages though. I guess the after party replaces that? I thought there might be a pasta night, too, but maybe they don't do that with the night races? I would also like to know the theme for the 5k. Maybe a villains theme? I'm kinda liking it so far. Now to keep training, training, training!
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: