Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #136
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygreenhippo View Post
Have you started thinking about what you'll do the day of the 10M and 5k? I was planning to run both and then saw that they're on the same day. I'm not sure I can handle getting up for a 7:30am 5k and then staying up until 3am at DHS for the after party. I may end up skipping the parks that day and just taking a long afternoon nap instead.
In 2010 & 2011, I did the Halloween 5K and the Wine & Dine ½. There was a similar time set up. And my schedule is brought to you by the letter "G":
•Get up at the crack of dawn.
•Gussy myself up for the 5K.
•Go do the 5K (with ALL the photo ops, of course).
•Gobble up some breakfast.
•Gingerly stroll DTD.
•Grab a siesta at the resort or by the pool.
•Graze on some food for dinner (depending on when your preferred pre-race mealtime is)
•Gravitate toward the buses to take me to the race start (or my rental car)
•Galivant toward the finish line (still taking in most of the photo ops)

I can't sleep in between the races. Partially because it is daylight, partially the adrenaline from the 5K and the jitters about the longer run. SO I just take it easy and use it as a 'down' day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerGirl View Post
Anyone think there will be a WISH meet for this race?
Awesome that you have a place to crash so close!!! And have no fear, where there is a Disney race, there will be a WISH meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm having a tough time coming up with any good villain theme to incorporate into my outfit as well. I love planning a theme for the Disney race outfits, but this ones definitely going to be hard...it's not as easy to find villain related stuff out there as it is to find Mickey, princess, think, etc!
Um.......all the good villains are women. Translating them into a costume suitable for running may be difficult, but at least you have something good to start with.

Time for me to flip through my Disney Villains book to see what I can pull for a Boy Baddie.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #137
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Um.......all the good villains are women. Translating them into a costume suitable for running may be difficult, but at least you have something good to start with.

Time for me to flip through my Disney Villains book to see what I can pull for a Boy Baddie.
True...I'm just finding it hard to find any sort of basic iron-on to use...the ones that make those tend to stick to the "cuter" stuff I guess...probably because they are usually for kids! oh well...I'll have to contact the lady I've been using for this stuff lately...she's pretty good about custom stuff so she might be able to come of with something for me. When I think of villains, Ursula is always the one that comes to mind first...so maybe I'll run with that.

sidenote...due to unforseen circumstances, the BF and I had to celebrate Valentine's day a little early last night...and he surprised me with the large Disney Dooney tote with the Minnie bows all over...OMG, it's sooooo cute! I'm not quite as sad about missing out on the Tink one anymore

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #138
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
sidenote...due to unforseen circumstances, the BF and I had to celebrate Valentine's day a little early last night...and he surprised me with the large Disney Dooney tote with the Minnie bows all over...OMG, it's sooooo cute! I'm not quite as sad about missing out on the Tink one anymore
While I am sure the Tink Dooney would have been nice, I think the one with the Minnie bows is a tad bit more special. Congrats!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #139
MelindaRuns
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
In 2010 & 2011, I did the Halloween 5K and the Wine & Dine ½. There was a similar time set up. And my schedule is brought to you by the letter "G":
•Get up at the crack of dawn.
•Gussy myself up for the 5K.
•Go do the 5K (with ALL the photo ops, of course).
•Gobble up some breakfast.
•Gingerly stroll DTD.
•Grab a siesta at the resort or by the pool.
•Graze on some food for dinner (depending on when your preferred pre-race mealtime is)
•Gravitate toward the buses to take me to the race start (or my rental car)
•Galivant toward the finish line (still taking in most of the photo ops)

I can't sleep in between the races. Partially because it is daylight, partially the adrenaline from the 5K and the jitters about the longer run. SO I just take it easy and use it as a 'down' day.

jeanigor You have it down to a science! I love it! Looking at that plan makes me want to do both races, and it seems totally possible doing it like that. Smart! Good luck on finding a boy villain! Maybe the snake from Fantasmic, and possibly rig up some kind of light up eyes in a hat?

Quote:
True...I'm just finding it hard to find any sort of basic iron-on to use...the ones that make those tend to stick to the "cuter" stuff I guess...probably because they are usually for kids! oh well...I'll have to contact the lady I've been using for this stuff lately...she's pretty good about custom stuff so she might be able to come of with something for me. When I think of villains, Ursula is always the one that comes to mind first...so maybe I'll run with that.

Wow! What a nice and thoughtful gift! I personally think that bag is cuter. I didn't care for the pale purple of the Tink bag (for all they hype, anyway).
MelindaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #140
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

As far as costume, I'm thinking bell hop to go with the Tower of Terror theme as opposed to the villains theme. I haven't run any since my 4.5 miler last weekend. I have 5.5 miles coming up this weekend so I'm really hoping life will let me sneak my short training runs in this week. I'll be registering tomorrow. It will be my first Disney race.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #141
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm also planning on registering for this race tomorrow! It will be my first Disney race EVER, and also the first race I've ever registered for, although I'm planning on doing others in the Spring. I'm sooooo excited!!!

Right now I'm planning it as a solo trip, but possibly I'll find someone to bring along with me, lol. But, if not, it'll be my first Disney solo trip ever, which is kind of exciting.

And it would be really cool if there is a DIS meetup at some point for this race!

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #142
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
So normally my other half does not like to participate in anything fun or silly but after seeing all the people dressed up at the wine and dine last year I think I have him talked into letting us dress up in a couples villian theme this year. YEA!!! only I cant come up with any ideas....
What about Cruella and her sidekick? I can't remember his name, and I don't think they were a couple, but it may be a cute idea?!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #143
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

So excited for those of you who'll be registering today!! I'll have to wait until Friday at least, but it is exciting to know that we can finally get signed up!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #144
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Registering today!!! I'm so excited!!!! First Disney race ever, here I come!!

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #145
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Registered!!!!!!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #146
SIMBAisKING
Earning My Ears

This has probably been asked or answered 100x, or Im just too blind to see it on the site but..

Does the race registration come with the villains bash party ticket or do I have to purchase those separate?

Also Disney had a promo for those who ran a race previous for the marathon, do they have a promo code for this one also?
SIMBAisKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #147
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Just registered and booked my hotel room this morning! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!! My first ever Disney race, here I come!!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #148
TXHauntedMansionFan
Tomb Sweet Tomb

The two of us just registered as well. It's our first Disney race too and we are pumped!
TXHauntedMansionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #149
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBAisKING View Post
This has probably been asked or answered 100x, or Im just too blind to see it on the site but..

Does the race registration come with the villains bash party ticket or do I have to purchase those separate?

Also Disney had a promo for those who ran a race previous for the marathon, do they have a promo code for this one also?
From the wording, I believe the party is included in the race fee.

I think Disney issues promo codes for races it has a hard time filling. I doubt they would have a promo code this early. Maybe once it gets to a closer date, or if runDisney is at a race expo and the race is still open for registration.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #150
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBAisKING View Post

I'm not sure about a promo code, but registration does include a ticket to the party.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: