Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #76
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Thanks for the pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
WE WILL BE DOING MICKEYS CHRISTMAS PARTY AGAIN. THATS THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN SEE THE CHRISTMAS PARADE AND THE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS FIREWORKS. AND DEFINATLEY SEE THE OSBORNE LIGHTS AT DHS. GET THERE JUST BEFORE THEY TURN THEM ON. IT GETS VERY CROWDED. THERE ARE HIDDEN MICKEYS IN LIGHTS IN THE MILLIONS OF LIGHTS. THERE IS ALSO 1 HIDDEN HALLOWEEN LIT CAT. ITS TRADITION WHEN THEY PUT UP THE LIGHTS IN LATE SEPT THAT THEY PUT THIS PURPLE LIT CAT SOMEWHERE. NOBODY WILL TELL YOU WHERE IT IS. IF YOUR LUCKY ONE OF THE CMs WILL GIVE YOU A HINT. IVE GOT A PHOTO OF IT FROM LAST DEC. IT BECOMES A GAME TRYING TO FIND IT ALONG WITH ALL THE HIDDEN MICKEYS
I knew about the fireworks and the memories show and definately plan on being there ahead of time for them to see it. It is truly amazing. Just when I think DIsney can't get any better they do something new. I don't think we are going to go to Hollywood Studios this trip. we only have enough time for 3 parks before we go home and I think AK is gonna win over HS. Still debateing on that one. Both have such great resons to go there.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #77
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
i knew about the fireworks and the memories show and definately plan on being there ahead of time for them to see it. It is truly amazing. Just when i think disney can't get any better they do something new. I don't think we are going to go to hollywood studios this trip. We only have enough time for 3 parks before we go home and i think ak is gonna win over hs. Still debateing on that one. Both have such great resons to go there.
are you getting hopper passes. If so go to ak for the day and once its nearing dark head over to dhs. We usually never stay in one park all day. If you or your friends havent seen the osborne lights its a must see.
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #78
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST BRINGING THIS THREAD TO THE FRONT. HELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #79
reigle4

Park Hopper

Quote:
are you getting hopper passes. If so go to ak for the day and once its nearing dark head over to dhs. We usually never stay in one park all day. If you or your friends havent seen the osborne lights its a must see.
Since I didn't know how many days were left to use on the tickets I had bought a few years ago (original 10 day no expiration) I decided to buy a 3 day park hopper pass so I could do exactly what you suggested. The other family has never been to disney or on a cruise so I definately want them to be able to see the Osborne family CHristmas li8ghts. It is a do not miss for sure. I hoep we can get more to do the FE's We have ours done.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #80
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since I didn't know how many days were left to use on the tickets I had bought a few years ago (original 10 day no expiration) I decided to buy a 3 day park hopper pass so I could do exactly what you suggested. The other family has never been to disney or on a cruise so I definately want them to be able to see the Osborne family CHristmas li8ghts. It is a do not miss for sure. I hoep we can get more to do the FE's We have ours done.
THERE IS STILL TIME FOR ADDITIONS TO FE. IF WE DONT GET ANY OTHERS WE CAN RUN WITH WHAT WE HAVE. ON THE TOPIC OF OSBORNE LIGHTS I HAVE A PHOTO OF THE PURPLE LIT HALLOWEEN CAT. BUT IM NOT SHOWING YOU WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE SEARCH FOR IT. IT USUALLY ISNT OBVIOUS. LAST YEAR WE HAD TO LOOK UP AND AROUND A CORNER AND BARELY CAUGHT A GLIMPSE OF IT.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #81
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

we will have to arrange a meet and greet.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #82
reigle4

Yeaaaa meet and greet

Quote:
we will have to arrange a meet and greet.
Last time I went on a cruise that we had a meet and greet...they set it up for the first day on the ship and hardly anybody showed up because either they didn't know how to find it or they were too busy looking around. Maybe we can do it the second day or the sea day (if we have one...lol). The other family is really excited about the cruise and the FE project. It made it a little more magical to them. SHe is really crafty and is really enjoying this. What a ay to start your cruise experience...Best cruiseline and then extra fun on top of that. wait til I tell her we are gonna possibly do a meet and greet...
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #83
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last time I went on a cruise that we had a meet and greet...they set it up for the first day on the ship and hardly anybody showed up because either they didn't know how to find it or they were too busy looking around. Maybe we can do it the second day or the sea day (if we have one...lol). The other family is really excited about the cruise and the FE project. It made it a little more magical to them. SHe is really crafty and is really enjoying this. What a ay to start your cruise experience...Best cruiseline and then extra fun on top of that. wait til I tell her we are gonna possibly do a meet and greet...
THIS WILL BE OUR 10th DISNEY CRUISE. IT WILL BE OUR 4th DREAM CRUISE. EVERY CRUISE WE HAVE GRABBED A DRINK OF THE DAY AND HEADED UP TO THE VERY TOP DECK TO LOOK DOWN TO WATCH THE SAILAWAY. ON THE DREAM WE STAND INFRONT OF THE AQUADUCK ENTRANCE. CARA AND HAILEY AND SKYE ITS THEIR FIRST TIME. SO I IMAGINE THEY WILL STAND DOWN BY THE FRONT. I WILL TRY TO TAKE PHOTOS OF THEM FROM ABOVE. MOST LIKELY YOU WILL FIND US UP THERE.WE COULD MEET THERE FOR SAILAWAY. I GUESS WE CAN WAIT TO SEE THE SIZE OF THE GROUP. ONE TIME WE MET AT THE LOUNGE AS YOU ENTER THE DISTRICT AREA AROUND 3pm.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #84
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST TRYING TO WAKE UP THE THREAD
Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #85
reigle4

Previous dream cruise

Since you have been on the Dream before (many times) is there a must see or must do that you would not miss anytime you are on this ship. I want to make sure we don't miss a thing. Since it is our first time on this specific ship I am sure we will spend alot of time just wandering around looking at it and trying to get our berrings (sp).
Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #86
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
since you have been on the dream before (many times) is there a must see or must do that you would not miss anytime you are on this ship. I want to make sure we don't miss a thing. Since it is our first time on this specific ship i am sure we will spend alot of time just wandering around looking at it and trying to get our berrings (sp).
hmmmmm lets see! Looks like you have 2 kids coming. Make sure they go to the kids deck. Its a lot more advanced than wonder or magic. The detective game is fun. Laura and i never finished it, because i think it ends before midnight and starts over. Laura and i like the adult pool area. Hardly anyone there. Dont miss the pirate show ontop of the ship. The line for aquaduck isnt usually long first thing in the morning. Definately dont miss your rotation for dining in animators palate. Its more entertaining than the old one. For us its best of the 3. If i remember right they have a lighting of the christmas tree ceremony. Oh and for the fireworks if your on the top deck stand on the right. If your down on pool level go closer to the left.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #87
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

oh and i found paducah on the map.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #88
reigle4

Good

Quote:
oh and i found paducah on the map.
Glad you found us...then we really do exist...lol

Thank you for all the info. Do they still introduce the family's as they enter the ship? Also do they have meet and greets with the princesses. We have two little princesses with us so they will want to meet them if possible.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #89
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you found us...then we really do exist...lol

Thank you for all the info. Do they still introduce the family's as they enter the ship? Also do they have meet and greets with the princesses. We have two little princesses with us so they will want to meet them if possible.
YOU CAN HAVE THEM INTRODUCE YOU WHAT EVER WAY YOU WANT. IM TELLING THEM HOW I WANT MY SON TO BE INTRODUCED FIGMENT AND HIS 3 PRINCESSES ON THEIR FIRST CRUISE. WHEN WE WERE ON LAST DEC THEY HAD I THINK 5 PRINCESSES IN THE MAIN FOYER. YOU LINED UP FOR EACH ONE.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #90
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

we just booked this cruise.

Were planning on a week at WDW but decided to do 5 days at WDW and this Dream cruise.

This will be our 8th Disney cruise but 1st on the Dream.

I'm mike/underdog and will be joined by my lovely bride of 37 years Robin.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: