Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #751
obslady
Think, Believe, Dream, Dare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
So a quick little update on project Kaitlin. So I have been out of town traveling for work and have been telling Kaitlin that this weekend is the week we are going to Orlando. Well about a month ago I got her time off cleared with her boss, she was was "ok sure no problem at all". Well Kaitlin calls me this morning and says we can't go to Orlando this weekend because she has to work... I start FREAKING OUT inside but still acting ok. Well I called her boss and she isn't in till like 5:00pm (this was at 10:00am). So I had to wait all day... I finally get ahold of her and she made a mistake and forgot but went ahead and took her off the schedule.So all is good but it was a really close call.

<<<Note>>> for all of those who haven't been following the story, Kaitlin is my girlfriend who doesn't know she is going on her Dream ship "The Dream in three days!!!

Absolutely love it...got a heart flitter and then a cute little smile from this one. Can't wait to meet you both on Sunday at 3 to hear/see her reaction. You've done well do far Brad, keep it up and you two will be enjoy the Dream together in no time.

Brandy

obslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #752
BirdieMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
So a quick little update on project Kaitlin. So I have been out of town traveling for work and have been telling Kaitlin that this weekend is the week we are going to Orlando. Well about a month ago I got her time off cleared with her boss, she was was "ok sure no problem at all". Well Kaitlin calls me this morning and says we can't go to Orlando this weekend because she has to work... I start FREAKING OUT inside but still acting ok. Well I called her boss and she isn't in till like 5:00pm (this was at 10:00am). So I had to wait all day... I finally get ahold of her and she made a mistake and forgot but went ahead and took her off the schedule.So all is good but it was a really close call.

<<<Note>>> for all of those who haven't been following the story, Kaitlin is my girlfriend who doesn't know she is going on her Dream ship "The Dream in three days!!!
Very cool. Gotta say I got a little rush over this story. Should be a fun cruise story for you (and us!) to tell!
BirdieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #753
ItsAllDisney
Really?

Okay - just booked tonight! Me, DH, DD11, DD13. YEAH! No room yet, a GTY. We're happy just to be on the ship.........

First Disney World Visit - 1971
Latest Disney World Visit - last week (I stopped counting after 1,000)
ItsAllDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #754
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Anybody excited!!!!!!!!!!

I have packed mine and my granddaughters suitcases. Have my FE suitcase packed and am getting together tomorrow night for dinner at my house with Jenny, Richard and Kay (Other family going with us) to talk over last minute things and make sure we have it all covered. I am sooooo excited. The countdown chain only has 2 links left on it (guess it isn't a chain anymore...lol) See you all on the ship on Sunday.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #755
obslady
Think, Believe, Dream, Dare!

It's crazy...just one more night of this cold weather before we board the plane for Orlando. Everyone's packed, except the "put it off until the last minute" DH. Going to push him to have it done before noon, but we'll see.

Weather looks to be beautiful for the whole week, including Thursday night for Mickey's Christmas Party. It looked ify for a little bit last week. I know a few of you are planning to attend, hope we're able to see you there as well.

We'll see everyone Sunday around 3PM!!! Safe travels to you all and sending lots of pixie dust your way.

Ian, get that dark rum ready... I believe it's "Mission Accomplished"!

Brandy

obslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #756
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=obslady;46821578]It's crazy...just one more night of this cold weather before we board the plane for Orlando. Everyone's packed, except the "put it off until the last minute" DH. Going to push him to have it done before noon, but we'll see.

Weather looks to be beautiful for the whole week, including Thursday night for Mickey's Christmas Party. It looked ify for a little bit last week. I know a few of you are planning to attend, hope we're able to see you there as well.

We'll see everyone Sunday around 3PM!!! Safe travels to you all and sending lots of pixie dust your way.

Ian, get that dark rum ready... I believe it's "Mission Accomplished"!

I WILL BE THE ONE WEARING THE SILLY CANADIAN DISNEY TOQUE AT MICKEYS CHRISTMAS PARTY
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #757
Monual
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllDisney View Post
Okay - just booked tonight! Me, DH, DD11, DD13. YEAH! No room yet, a GTY. We're happy just to be on the ship.........
Now now, don't rush into this. Are you certain you've thought about it? You do have another 48 hours to change your mind.

=) Awesome that you're coming. I can't chastise you too much about last-minute decisions because my wife and made a relatively last-minute decision to go to Blizzard Beach the day we get back from the cruise. (It's free for DVC members on December 6th.)

See you on Sunday!
Monual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #758
BirdieMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monual View Post
Now now, don't rush into this. Are you certain you've thought about it? You do have another 48 hours to change your mind.

=) Awesome that you're coming. I can't chastise you too much about last-minute decisions because my wife and made a relatively last-minute decision to go to Blizzard Beach the day we get back from the cruise. (It's free for DVC members on December 6th.)

See you on Sunday!
You forgot to mention that our FE gifts are yet to be put together and we don't even have bags out into which we need to pack--even though we are out of the house for the plane to Orlando in less than 24 hours. Oh, and that we were looking at having our 18 month old join us as of last night due to an unexpected child care crisis--(tho that was averted.)

We not only won't chastise you, we probably will bow at your feet in awe at your last second ahhhhsomeness for last minute planning. :D
BirdieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #759
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Question for the DCL veterans...

So with Disney's alcohol policy you can bring any alcohol on board... This I know.

But in their policy it states they have the right to remove fragile bottles from luggage... Does this mean your carry on too?

I understand if you put a glass bottle in checked luggage then they may remove it because it may break. But removing a glass bottle from a carry ok sounds a bit silly.

If you put a glass bottle in carry on will they remove it?
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #760
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question for the DCL veterans...

So with Disney's alcohol policy you can bring any alcohol on board... This I know.

But in their policy it states they have the right to remove fragile bottles from luggage... Does this mean your carry on too?

I understand if you put a glass bottle in checked luggage then they may remove it because it may break. But removing a glass bottle from a carry ok sounds a bit silly.

If you put a glass bottle in carry on will they remove it?
IVE ALWAYS BROUGHT MY 40OUNCER OF DARK RUM IN MY CARRY ON NO PROBLEM
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #761
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

It's past midnight... Which means we will officially be on a cruise tomorrow.

Heading to Orlando in the morning, going to a park and then downtown Disney followed by an early night in bed.

Can't wait!!! And if Kaitlin knew, I'm sure she would be a little excited as well lol.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #762
amanda202
Earning My Ears

Putting together my FE gifts and trying to figure out how to pack them!

I think they are going to take up more room than everything else I'm packing.

Disney Wonder 10/23/10
Disney Dream 12/02/12
amanda202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #763
Soarin Hubby
Mouseketeer

DVC is having their meet at 2:30 Sunday at Evolutions lounge.
Cruises: the Magic in '02 (eastern), '03 (western), '14 (Christmas); the Wonder in '07, '08 (DVC), '10 (Halloween), '11 (Alaska), '12 (Hawaii) & '14 (Halloween); Dream 3x's in 2012, 2x's in Apr '13, Jun & Oct '13 (Halloween), Jan & Jul 2014; & the Fantasy in Aug & Nov 2013, Dec 2014. Bought DVC in '06 and use for DL, WDW resorts & cruises.

Soarin Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #764
Soarin Hubby
Mouseketeer

Going to Hollywood Studios now. Eating at Sci-Fi then on to the lights...
Cruises: the Magic in '02 (eastern), '03 (western), '14 (Christmas); the Wonder in '07, '08 (DVC), '10 (Halloween), '11 (Alaska), '12 (Hawaii) & '14 (Halloween); Dream 3x's in 2012, 2x's in Apr '13, Jun & Oct '13 (Halloween), Jan & Jul 2014; & the Fantasy in Aug & Nov 2013, Dec 2014. Bought DVC in '06 and use for DL, WDW resorts & cruises.

Soarin Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #765
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

Wish I had booked a different way to get to the cruise. We are scedusled to leave at 12:30 but are able to get on the ship at 11:00.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: