Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #661
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Also I know someone had mentioned it before... Does anyone want to do a cabin pub crawl or a regular pub crawl. Even if its a few people I think it would be fun. If you want to do it just lost your names and cabins and I could organize it if everyone is ok with that.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #662
amanda202
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
Also I know someone had mentioned it before... Does anyone want to do a cabin pub crawl or a regular pub crawl. Even if its a few people I think it would be fun. If you want to do it just lost your names and cabins and I could organize it if everyone is ok with that.
Not sure what you mean but anything involving pub crawls, my husband is probably interested! lol

Disney Wonder 10/23/10
Disney Dream 12/02/12
amanda202 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #663
Purplelv93
Travel is an Addiction

Quote:
Ya I hope I make it out of this cruise sane lol.

But it should be fine. If you go on the deck plans and look at cabin 8588 it is a pretty large cabin, about twice the size of the usual cabins. It actually says it sleeps up to 6 people... Now that might be scary.

I've been in that same cabin on the Fantasy. It is larger because it is designed for wheelchair users. Which means only one bathroom. I would say it can sleep 5, but 6 would be a bit cozy. 2 in the bed, one on the comfortable couch, one on the pull down, and one on the murphy bed. Not sure where the 6th person would go - the verandah maybe?

May 2015, 7-night Magic
August 2014, 7-night WC, Fantasy
May 2014, 7-night EC, Fantasy
April 2014, 4-night Dream
December 2013, 4-night Dream
November 2013, 5-night Caribbean, Magic
September 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
May 2013, 14-night Panama Canal, Wonder
April 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
April 2013, 3-night Bahamas, Dream
January 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
December 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
November 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
October 2012, 14-night Hawaiian, Wonder
May 2012, 7-night W. Caribbean, Fantasy
May 2012, 5-night Bahamas, Magic
September 2011, 14-night WBTA, Magic
May 2011, 14-night EBTA, Magic
November 2010, 4-night Bahamas, Wonder

Current AP holder at Walt Disney World, former AP holder at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland 3X. Former DLR CM, former consultant at HKDL.
Purplelv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #664
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PUB CRAWL,

Last edited by dvc deernut; 11-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.
dvc deernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #665
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

AFTER THIS CRUISE I THINK BRAD WILL KNOW EVERYONE IN THAT CABIN REALLY WELL
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #666
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me from previous experience if they enjoyed the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I have read mixed reviews. "Alot of money for a short time with alot of people standing in long lines for the extras" vs "loved it...do it every year...such a wonderful memory". Help.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #667
ivyhvc25
Earning My Ears

Working on my Fe gifts and watching Christmas movies!!! can't wait for the cruise!!!! :-) and meeting all you guys!!!!
ivyhvc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #668
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmom11 View Post
Can anyone tell me from previous experience if they enjoyed the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I have read mixed reviews. "Alot of money for a short time with alot of people standing in long lines for the extras" vs "loved it...do it every year...such a wonderful memory". Help.

WE LOVE IT THIS WILL BE OUR 5th TIME GOING. WEVE GONE THE PAST 4 YEARS AND ARE GOING AGAIN DEC6th. ITS THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL SEE THE CHRISTMAS PARADE WITH THE TOY SOLDIERS ETC. SPECIAL CHRISTMAS FIREWORKS. THE LINES ARENT THAT LONG AT THE FREE HOT CHOCOLATE AND COOKIES. LATER IN THE EVENING AFTER THE SECOND SANTA PARADE THE LINES GO DOWN, MOST OF THE SMALL KIDSARE GONE. YOU CAN ARRIVE AT THE PARK AT 5pm AND STAY UNTIL I THINK MIDNIGHT. THAT WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO USE A DAYS PARK PASS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANNUAL PASSES. THEY HAVE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PINS FOR THE PARTIES THEY SELL. YOU CAN SMELL GINGERBREAD AS THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE FLOAT GOES BY. ITS WORTH THE $58.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #669
Madisonsmom926
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut

WE LOVE IT THIS WILL BE OUR 5th TIME GOING. WEVE GONE THE PAST 4 YEARS AND ARE GOING AGAIN DEC6th. ITS THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL SEE THE CHRISTMAS PARADE WITH THE TOY SOLDIERS ETC. SPECIAL CHRISTMAS FIREWORKS. THE LINES ARENT THAT LONG AT THE FREE HOT CHOCOLATE AND COOKIES. LATER IN THE EVENING AFTER THE SECOND SANTA PARADE THE LINES GO DOWN, MOST OF THE SMALL KIDSARE GONE. YOU CAN ARRIVE AT THE PARK AT 5pm AND STAY UNTIL I THINK MIDNIGHT. THAT WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO USE A DAYS PARK PASS IF YOU DONT HAVE ANNUAL PASSES. THEY HAVE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PINS FOR THE PARTIES THEY SELL. YOU CAN SMELL GINGERBREAD AS THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE FLOAT GOES BY. ITS WORTH THE $58.
We are going that day too!!! I heard you could get in at 4 pm though! I'll take that extra hour!! Lol 😊

Madisonsmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #670
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

As a local, and a passholder for my entire life this is my $0.02.

MVMCP is a great substitute for a paid Magic Kingdom park day for those buying traditional/package tickets. Christmas time generally comes with long lines and is quite congested so the party alleviates SOME of what would otherwise be crazy. There are a few special touches and fireworks. I don't think it's *spectacular* but it's fun.

I do not think it's as well done as the Halloween party and Halloween isn't my favorite holiday.

You can enter with your event ticket starting at 4pm. The parties end at midnight.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #671
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

So there is two ways we could do the pub crawl. It would make the most sense to have it on the sea day, and there is the option to have the traditional style pub crawl. We get the group together and visit each bar on the ship ( or as many as one can handle). When at the bar one of the "cabins" chooses a drink for everyone to try from the speciality drinks list. The next bar, a different cabin chooses, etc. now this one could get a little expensive as buying 5+ drinks in a row on a ship is not cheap.

The next way is for a cabin pub crawl. I have done this on other cruises and it is quite fun. Each cabin comes up with their own drink. So for example if I wanted my cabins drink to be rum and coke I would supply it for everyone to have one drink when they visited the cabin. When we go to the next cabin they have their own drink. This one is really economical because everyone is supplying their own alcohol.

So if everyone is interested, please let me know three things.

1) which option you like better, bar crawl or cabin crawl.

2) if participating what is your cabin number.

3) list everyone who is participating from your cabin.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #672
katiebear
Mouseketeer

I'm ok with adding everyone to the FE list, too. Sorry for the late response... we are leaving TODAY and I wasn't sure if I'd have time, but I did!
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #673
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Also, can someone direct me on how to cancel a port adventure? Can I do it online or should I call?
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #674
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so there is two ways we could do the pub crawl. It would make the most sense to have it on the sea day, and there is the option to have the traditional style pub crawl. We get the group together and visit each bar on the ship ( or as many as one can handle). When at the bar one of the "cabins" chooses a drink for everyone to try from the speciality drinks list. The next bar, a different cabin chooses, etc. Now this one could get a little expensive as buying 5+ drinks in a row on a ship is not cheap.

The next way is for a cabin pub crawl. I have done this on other cruises and it is quite fun. Each cabin comes up with their own drink. So for example if i wanted my cabins drink to be rum and coke i would supply it for everyone to have one drink when they visited the cabin. When we go to the next cabin they have their own drink. This one is really economical because everyone is supplying their own alcohol.

So if everyone is interested, please let me know three things.

1) which option you like better, bar crawl or cabin crawl.

2) if participating what is your cabin number.

3) list everyone who is participating from your cabin.
laura and i are ok with bar crawl, not cabin crawl cabin 7002, cara may come too.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #675
BirdieMom
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I am Monual's wife, and posting to say hi and that we are looking forward to meeting everyone on board!

We are also fine with adding any late comers to the FE list--and will likely be bringing a few extras "just in case" too. This is our first Disney cruise (so our first FE exchange) and we are totally winging it.

We won't be participating in a bar or cabin crawl.

So excited!
BirdieMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: