Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #601
Madisonsmom926
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda202
Anyone here doing the Castaway Cay 5K on this cruise?
My daughters are!

Madisonsmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #602
jpchampion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
Found her she is drumexpert510, Brads Mom
yes - that is me...sorry to confuse you...
jpchampion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #603
amanda202
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonsmom926 View Post
My daughters are!
Awesome! My husband and I are doing it as well.. super excited!

Disney Wonder 10/23/10
Disney Dream 12/02/12
amanda202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #604
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

Sooo this is my first time posting to this link. We are in the last days of our count down. Super excited. Is there some kind of meet and greet on board?
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #605
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbuddy88 View Post
Sooo this is my first time posting to this link. We are in the last days of our count down. Super excited. Is there some kind of meet and greet on board?
Yes there is, at 3:00 (1500 ship board time) at the Wave Bar deck 12 if it is not raining or the aft of the District if it is. Look for us there.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #606
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
Yes there is, at 3:00 (1500 ship board time) at the Wave Bar deck 12 if it is not raining or the aft of the District if it is. Look for us there.
Great Can't wait!!! See you all then!
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #607
Purplelv93
Travel is an Addiction

Hello my lovely fellow cruisers!

Just returned from our 4-night cruise on the Dream today and I'm excited to do it all again with this group very, very soon!

The crew is wonderful - I even requested the same servers. We had beautiful weather and pretty smooth sailing. Just a little rocking on the first night and some late at night on the final night. Most of the sea day we had very calm waters.

They started contraction of the the gingerbread house in the atrium lobby - it made the whole area smell so wonderful. There is a contest between the ships to see who creates the best gingerbread house. The one on the Dream was designed by the Executive Pastry Chef who also happens to be the judge and feels the one on the Dream will be the winner!

I'm not sure if we'll make it to the meet up on the first day at 3pm as that is when the spa does their raffle for free spa treatments and you have to be present to win.

May 2015, 7-night Magic
August 2014, 7-night WC, Fantasy
May 2014, 7-night EC, Fantasy
April 2014, 4-night Dream
December 2013, 4-night Dream
November 2013, 5-night Caribbean, Magic
September 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
May 2013, 14-night Panama Canal, Wonder
April 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
April 2013, 3-night Bahamas, Dream
January 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
December 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
November 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
October 2012, 14-night Hawaiian, Wonder
May 2012, 7-night W. Caribbean, Fantasy
May 2012, 5-night Bahamas, Magic
September 2011, 14-night WBTA, Magic
May 2011, 14-night EBTA, Magic
November 2010, 4-night Bahamas, Wonder

Current AP holder at Walt Disney World, former AP holder at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland 3X. Former DLR CM, former consultant at HKDL.
Purplelv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #608
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratebob View Post
yes there is, at 3:00 (1500 ship board time) at the wave bar deck 12 if it is not raining or the aft of the district if it is. Look for us there.
the lounge at the aft on deck 4 is evolution we can meet there if it rains. Waves is a nice open bar lounge area.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #609
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Welcome back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelv93 View Post
Hello my lovely fellow cruisers!

Just returned from our 4-night cruise on the Dream today and I'm excited to do it all again with this group very, very soon!

The crew is wonderful - I even requested the same servers. We had beautiful weather and pretty smooth sailing. Just a little rocking on the first night and some late at night on the final night. Most of the sea day we had very calm waters.

They started contraction of the the gingerbread house in the atrium lobby - it made the whole area smell so wonderful. There is a contest between the ships to see who creates the best gingerbread house. The one on the Dream was designed by the Executive Pastry Chef who also happens to be the judge and feels the one on the Dream will be the winner!

I'm not sure if we'll make it to the meet up on the first day at 3pm as that is when the spa does their raffle for free spa treatments and you have to be present to win.
Glad you had a great trip...but then it is hard not to! Can't wait to see all the Christmas decor!

Were you able to meet Tony the bartender while on board?

See ya real soon!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #610
eeyoresbestfriend
Mouseketeer

movies

Hey everyone! I just called DCL to make some requests,and while we were on the phone I figured I would ask about the movies that would be playing. So here is a list, in case you can make time in the 4 short days that we have!!

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

I think she also said The Odd Life of Timothy Green, but I started writing things down late, so cannot be positive!! I can't decide if I am going to go see Lincoln before the cruise, or just wait!! Can't wait,16 days!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #611
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresbestfriend View Post
Hey everyone! I just called DCL to make some requests,and while we were on the phone I figured I would ask about the movies that would be playing. So here is a list, in case you can make time in the 4 short days that we have!!

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

I think she also said The Odd Life of Timothy Green, but I started writing things down late, so cannot be positive!! I can't decide if I am going to go see Lincoln before the cruise, or just wait!! Can't wait,16 days!!!
We feel the same about Lincoln. Afraid it would play while we are busy with something else.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #612
obslady
Think, Believe, Dream, Dare!

Quote:

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

I would love to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green, hope it's playing too. The DH and I were talking last night about Wreck It Ralph...one we would enjoy, but not sure our kids would have a clue who any of the characters are. Sounds like a cute movie too.

Thanks so much for checking on these. I've started the packing list too...now just to keep myself from loading the suitcases too early. We'll be flying in the day before and staying a few days after so I think I'll plan to pack light and do a quick load of laundry at night on the boat. Doesn't bother me when I weigh it against the trap of over packing and having to manage everything through airport security...Plus those FE Gifts sure take up a lot of space. I was going to mail them ahead of time, but then I was afraid I would forget to save enough room to bring things back with us.

On another note...have any of you done the Rainforest Room before? I got the DH and I day passes to check it out. I figure if we really like it, we'll buy week long passes for our next 7 night in September. Thought it would be a nice get away/adult time while at port in Nassau. Any thoughts???

The countdown has officially begun in our house . Super Excited To Get My Cruise On Again!!!

obslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #613
Gizmoses2003
Earning My Ears

Quote:

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

Is that the new Stephen Spielburgh Lincoln? I've ben wanting to see that.
Gizmoses2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #614
jpchampion
Earning My Ears

Quote:

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

I might have to find time to check some of these out...never have time at home...
jpchampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #615
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:

The Muppets
Frankenweenie
Brave
Wreck it Ralph
Lincoln
People Like Us

thanks for checking on these!
going to check out Ralph and Lincoln for sure if they are still showing!

2 weeks from tonight we'll be at Epcot for Illuminations!!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: