Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #526
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

So for everyone who has been on this ship previous. What are the lunch dining options. Do you have to eat buffet? I know other lines open the MDR and keep it low key and you can eat lunch in there. Just wanted to know the options.

-Brad
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #527
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
so for everyone who has been on this ship previous. What are the lunch dining options. Do you have to eat buffet? I know other lines open the mdr and keep it low key and you can eat lunch in there. Just wanted to know the options.

-brad
this will be our 4th dream cruise, and we have never paid attention to that. Usually the day at nassau we have been on the island. The day at cc your on their island and the day at sea laura and i always go to palo for brunch. Never inquired about the 3 main diningrooms.
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #528
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your input on the FE stockings. I guess I will definitely be looking for some cheap stockings to bring just in case. For those of you in the North, I guess I will be heading to the Christmas Tree Shoppe!
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #529
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
So for everyone who has been on this ship previous. What are the lunch dining options. Do you have to eat buffet? I know other lines open the MDR and keep it low key and you can eat lunch in there. Just wanted to know the options.

-Brad
Here are your lunch dining options:

Cabanas buffet noon-2pm
3 Quick service on Deck 11 Mid 11-6PM (One is noon-6)
Royal Palace Full service noon-1:30PM

The quick service offers hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, grilled chicken sandwiches, salads, penani's (sorry spellng !) california rolls, pizza, fresh fruit, soft serve ice cream, soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate (free dispenser machines) and more which I am sure I am forgetting!

Royal Palace has a full menu ....apps, soups, salads, entrees, and we like the burger better there than up on deck.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #530
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting that! I assumed we could only do qs for lunch.

Any tips on what else to pack in my carry on besides a change of clothes and bathing suits? We'll be in our rooms before dinner right?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #531
eeyoresbestfriend
Mouseketeer

just booked this cruise!!

Hey everyone! I Jjust booked this cruise for my husband and I,we got a great military discount,and my husband just returned from his year long deployment,so we are very excited! Leaving the kids with friends,so we will have some nice time together. Because we just booked,we couldn't get Palo for brunch,but I was able to get a dinner, I might try for brunch when we board, at least for a waitlist. Can't wait, only 20 more days!! We are driving to the port the night before and will be staying at the Residence Inn.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #532
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresbestfriend View Post
Hey everyone! I Jjust booked this cruise for my husband and I,we got a great military discount,and my husband just returned from his year long deployment,so we are very excited! Leaving the kids with friends,so we will have some nice time together. Because we just booked,we couldn't get Palo for brunch,but I was able to get a dinner, I might try for brunch when we board, at least for a waitlist. Can't wait, only 20 more days!! We are driving to the port the night before and will be staying at the Residence Inn.

Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service! See you in 20 days!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #533
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
Thanks for posting that! I assumed we could only do qs for lunch.

Any tips on what else to pack in my carry on besides a change of clothes and bathing suits? We'll be in our rooms before dinner right?
If you have any meds you would want to pack those in your carry on.
Otherwise we don't worry about anything else. You could always buy toiletries on board if the airline looses the luggage ! In that case we figured we would be more concerned about clothes than our toothbrush!

Anyway, the staterooms are usually ready by 1:30 and luggage delivered by 5:30 pm. When you board you will go to lunch first, taking your carry-ons with you.

Hope this helped!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #534
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

we wont have room in our suitcases to play FE this trip but thought i'd show a picture of our FE anyway.

Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #535
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
welcome! Underdog/Mike here and i'll be joined by my lovely bride of 37 years Robin..this will be our 8th Disney cruise..
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #536
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hey everyone! I jjust booked this cruise for my husband and i,we got a great military discount,and my husband just returned from his year long deployment,so we are very excited! Leaving the kids with friends,so we will have some nice time together. Because we just booked,we couldn't get palo for brunch,but i was able to get a dinner, i might try for brunch when we board, at least for a waitlist. Can't wait, only 20 more days!! We are driving to the port the night before and will be staying at the residence inn.
welcome to the group. Hope to see you at the meet and greet.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #537
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

And the FInal FE list is?

I am sooo excited about this trip. Now to pack the last few FE gifts once we know the room numbers. How will we get the gifts to the ones that we don't have room numbers for? Also, have we decided where and when the meet and greet will be? Last question is where are we gonna stand for sail away...will it be the port or starboard side? I have seen the port canveral web cam and want to be able to see us when we leave.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #538
MichelFamily
Earning My Ears

MichelFamily Room Number

We have our room number! MichelFamily Room # 10084
MichelFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #539
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin lady View Post
If you have any meds you would want to pack those in your carry on.
Otherwise we don't worry about anything else. You could always buy toiletries on board if the airline looses the luggage ! In that case we figured we would be more concerned about clothes than our toothbrush!

Anyway, the staterooms are usually ready by 1:30 and luggage delivered by 5:30 pm. When you board you will go to lunch first, taking your carry-ons with you.

Hope this helped!
Thanks. We are driving, so if anyone loses the luggage it will be DH
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #540
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Hmm, we have an excursion scheduled for Castaway Ray's for after lunch. Would we be better off rescheduling it for the morning as far as being able to view more fish while snorkeling?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: