Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
Beak
Earning My Ears

Bringing some first time DCL cruisers with us!

This will be our 9th DCL sailing (2d on the Dream). We convinced another couple to join us, too. This will be their first DCL cruise. We're all looking forward to a great time.

We (just the wife and me) are also booked on the Fantasy in January 2013! That will be cruise #10.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #32
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak View Post
This will be our 9th DCL sailing (2d on the Dream). We convinced another couple to join us, too. This will be their first DCL cruise. We're all looking forward to a great time.

We (just the wife and me) are also booked on the Fantasy in January 2013! That will be cruise #10.
Welcome to the group Hope to get to know you!!!! Hopfully enough people on here would be interested in doing a FE.
BY THE WAY ANYONE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW AND I WILL RUN IT. ALSO WE CAN HAVE A DIS MEET ON THE SHIP.
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak View Post

IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED THERE IS ANOTHER COUPLE ON HERE FROM KY
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
Beak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED THERE IS ANOTHER COUPLE ON HERE FROM KY
I hadn't noticed... but sure enough... they are. They are from my home town of Paducah! Hope we can do a meet up on board.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #35
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK TO FIRST PAGE. VERY QUIET ON HERE
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
WVDisGeek
Mouseketeer

We're still here. The area we live in was hit VERY hard by the storms on 6/29. We were EXTREMELY lucky and did not lose power, but multiple friends, family and co-workers did. Some just got power back yesterday.

We are looking forward to the cruise and just spent last night watching the cruise line DVD again! Always brightens up a dreary evening! Looking forward to meeting everyone once we get on-board. If we do decide to have a meet, I will volunteer to take a group photo if everyone wants one. I never leave home without my gear!

Another round of storms is headed our way so I will sign off for now!

Proud Pentaxian!! K1000, A3000, K200D, Pentax 50mm f/2.0, Pentax 18-55mm Kit Lens, Pentax 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3, Pentax 50mmf/1.4, Super Albinar 28mm f/2.8, Super Albinar 135mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70 and always looking for the next addition to my lens collection!

WVDisGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #37
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDisGeek View Post
We're still here. The area we live in was hit VERY hard by the storms on 6/29. We were EXTREMELY lucky and did not lose power, but multiple friends, family and co-workers did. Some just got power back yesterday.

We are looking forward to the cruise and just spent last night watching the cruise line DVD again! Always brightens up a dreary evening! Looking forward to meeting everyone once we get on-board. If we do decide to have a meet, I will volunteer to take a group photo if everyone wants one. I never leave home without my gear!

Another round of storms is headed our way so I will sign off for now!
We finally got a bit of relief from the heat. It was around 80 today but sticky. We have only had rain for about an hour in the last month . We live 10 miles north of Niagara Falls and get different weather. Looking forward to a group shot. On our DVC member cruises we had a bigger group. We got Mickey 2 years in a row to stand in the middle of our group shot on Pirate night. We were all dressed in our Pirate costumes.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
Monual
Earning My Ears

Limo to Port on Saturday

My wife and I will be going on this cruise to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. Hope to see you all there!

It will be my wife's first cruise and my second. Sooo looking forward to this.

Last edited by Monual; 07-15-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Changed plans
Monual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monual View Post
My wife and I will be flying down on Saturday, then getting transportation to the Radisson. We'll spend the night, then go to the port early to see if we can snag any upgrades. Our first cruise, so it's going to be an experience. =)

Happy Limo has a $250 round-trip minivan that seats five people. If we can get another couple or couple + kid, that would make the per-person price really cheap. Plus it will be much more convenient.

Anyone interested in doing this?
HI THERE WELCOME TO THE GROUP. WE FLY IN SAT BUT ARE GOING TO WDW THEN PORT THE NEXT DAY. IT WILL BE OUR 10th CRUISE ON DISNEY. 4th on DREAM. ANT QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW. WE still havent booked transportation yet. There are 7 of us.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #40
TINKERCARA
Earning My Ears

Hey peoples we are cruising with DVC Deernut on this cruise. This is mine and my kids first Disney Cruise. Very Excited... This will be DVC Deernut Jr's second cruise... He cruised on the Wonder four years ago.
TINKERCARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monual View Post
My wife and I will be flying down and spending a night at a Disney resort. We then want to get up bright and early on Sunday and grab a ride to the port early to see if we can snag any upgrades. Our first cruise, so it's going to be an experience. =)

Happy Limo has a $250 round-trip minivan that seats five people. If we can get another couple or couple + kid, that would make the per-person price really cheap. Plus it will be much more convenient.

Anyone interested in doing this? Sharing a 9am ride on Sunday from Disney to Port Canaveral?
I HAVE A QUESTION, YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUNDAY. WE ARE 7 IN OUR GROUP INCLUDING 2 KIDS. ONE IS 9 AND OTHER 16. IM STILL TRYING TO ARRANGE A RIDE. USUALLY WE TAKE DISNEY BUT THATS ABOUT $500 FOR THE 7 OF US. WE ARE STAYING AT SARATOGA RESORT. MAYBE IF YOU CANT GET A SMALLER GROUP YOU AND US COULD GO TOGETHER. LET ME KNOW
Old 07-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #42
Monual
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I HAVE A QUESTION, YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUNDAY. WE ARE 7 IN OUR GROUP INCLUDING 2 KIDS. ONE IS 9 AND OTHER 16. IM STILL TRYING TO ARRANGE A RIDE. USUALLY WE TAKE DISNEY BUT THATS ABOUT $500 FOR THE 7 OF US. WE ARE STAYING AT SARATOGA RESORT. MAYBE IF YOU CANT GET A SMALLER GROUP YOU AND US COULD GO TOGETHER. LET ME KNOW
Well, we can rent a chauffeured minivan with a luggage trailer. So all the luggage is put in the trailer and up to 14 people can fit into the minivan. Total is $462 round-trip, which we'd be willing to pay 1/3rd of. So cost to you would be $308, plus tip.

What time were you thinking of leaving for the port? We wanted to get an early start and try to snag an upgrade if it's available, so we were thinking of leaving at 9am to get to the port by 10am.

Let me know. Getting chauffeured to and from the port appeals to me greatly.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #43
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monual View Post
well, we can rent a chauffeured minivan with a luggage trailer. So all the luggage is put in the trailer and up to 14 people can fit into the minivan. Total is $462 round-trip, which we'd be willing to pay 1/3rd of. So cost to you would be $308, plus tip.

What time were you thinking of leaving for the port? We wanted to get an early start and try to snag an upgrade if it's available, so we were thinking of leaving at 9am to get to the port by 10am.

Let me know. Getting chauffeured to and from the port appeals to me greatly.
where are you staying. Im assuming they would make a quick stop at liquor store. I usually take my own rum on board. Disney allows you to bring your own liquor. I could also see if we could get up grade too.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #44
Monual
Earning My Ears

Quote:
where are you staying. Im assuming they would make a quick stop at liquor store. I usually take my own rum on board. Disney allows you to bring your own liquor. I could also see if we could get up grade too.

My apologies, deernut, we're going to have to back out. My wife made plans to visit some friends of hers in central Florida, and to do that we're going to have to rent a car. So we won't be using Happy Limos after all.

I'd highly recommend it for your family. A 10-passenger chauffeured minivan is $322 round trip, plus tips. A lot more convenient than the Disney bus.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #45
Monual
Earning My Ears

Cabana?

Any adults want to split a Serenity Bay cabana on Castaway Cay? My wife and I would like to get one but are balking at the $400 price. Up to six people can share a cabana, so if more people want to band together we can get a cabana really cheap.

For the price you get: Your own private beach, towels, chairs, hammocks, unlimited free soda and snacks, a cold-water shower, and a great view. Seems well worth it to me if we can split the cost with someone.

Anyone game?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: