Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #376
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin lady View Post
Hello everyone. Just booked for the cruise and was wondering if there was a FE exchange...and if there was time to be added on? We did our first FE exchange on the Hawaii cruise last month and it was great!
welcome!! I'm Mike aka Underdog and i'll be joined by my lovely bride of 37 years Robin aka Tart Annihilator..This will be our 8th Disney cruise.

1 month from Today!!

if anyone see's us out and about on the ship, please say Hi!!

Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #377
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Isn't it great! Can't wait..Anyway, we just received our stateroom assignment..

Marcel & Kathryn
Windermere, FL
Stateroom #10514

Thanks again!!
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #378
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
THIS WILL BE OUR 10th CRUISE ALSO. I GUESS WE ARE BOTH GOING PLATINUM TOGETHER
Sorry, still new to this board..and didn't do the "quote" option!

Anyway, our stateroom is 10514

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #379
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

FE count at this point?

DVC deernut.....Do you have an official count at this point as to how many Adults and how many kids?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #380
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Im glad a lot of people like Disney Pins... Kaitlin and I have been collecting for many many years and have around 500. We go to Disney and DTD mainly to trade pins. We will be bringing our entire collection

Question... Do you get a pin for sailing... like one specific to the cruise you are on? If so do they do it for all cruises or just special cruises.

I also went and just bought pirate outfits for Kaitlin and I. They are really cool looking.

Also finished the FE today... Will post the picture later after I get it uploaded.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #381
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
Im glad a lot of people like Disney Pins... Kaitlin and I have been collecting for many many years and have around 500. We go to Disney and DTD mainly to trade pins. We will be bringing our entire collection

Question... Do you get a pin for sailing... like one specific to the cruise you are on? If so do they do it for all cruises or just special cruises.

I also went and just bought pirate outfits for Kaitlin and I. They are really cool looking.

Also finished the FE today... Will post the picture later after I get it uploaded.
No special pins "given" to the guests. They have many for sale...I am guessing it will be Christmas related....and then they have the normal DCL pins both rack and LE's. They used to do Artists and Captains Choice pins years ago....but no longer.

Can't wait to see your FE & pirates costumes!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #382
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Large FE gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
I have given my collections to my granddaughter and she too is now collecting them. NOthing specific other than we have the whole pirates of the carribean collection with the tinkerbell (was told very rare). It is still in its sleave. I have started the other family that we are bringing on collecting so it will be my DGD and her sister that will be doing the collecting now. I hope she can get some really good ones. I think she just goes by what she likes and not the rarity of it...SHe is 8 and her siter who has never been to DIsney is 7 and so she knows nothing about collecting pins...yet....
I have used plastic bags with handles and just hung them either on the "fish" or on the door handle.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #383
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

we received our cabin number today, it is 8588. Just wanted to let you know for the FE list.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #384
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Another question... I had a thought, since there are not tons of people doing the FE... how does everyone feel about possibly doing two FE days (or more lol)

and just to clarify is it a gift from each person participating or from each cabin?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #385
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
DEFINATELY WE USUALLY GO TO THE ADULT BEACH HARDLY ANYONE THERE BUT THIS TIME WE ARE GOING TO FAMILY BEACH TO SNORKLE. YES YOU JUST HAVE TO SIT THERE AND THE WAITERS COME TO YOU. OR GO TO THE BAR BY THE BBQ AREA. THEY WONT TELL YOU THERE ARE 2 FOR 1 DRINKS. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE ISLAND MANY TIMES. I USUALLY ASK IN THE AFTERNOON. ITS A MATTER OF TIMING IVE GOT PHOTOS OF US WITH OUR FRIENDS ON THE FAMILY BEACH, ON OUR DVC MEMBER CRUISE, WITH OUR FRIENDS FLOATING COOLER ONE TIME I WAS STANDING IN CHEST DEEP WATER WITH A KONK KOOLER IN MY HAND. I WAS HOLDING IT AT WATER LEVEL. JUST AS SOON AS I SAW THIS BIG EYE BELOW THE WATER, A BIG FISH ABOUT 18 INCHES LONG BUMPED MY HAND AND KNOCKED MY DRINK OVER WE ALSO BROUGHT OUR OWN LIQUOR ONTO THE BEACH. ON THE MEMBER CRUISE THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 200 KIDS.
I will have to remember to ask! That's too funny about the fish!
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #386
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

and DeerNut... the answer to the question " What is the only attraction that Walt had a personal connection with"... was the Carousel of Progress.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #387
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

My wife, Bano and I with another couple, Herb and Janet, will be joining you on this cruise. Bano and I have not been on a Disney cruise since 2002. This will be Janet and Herb's first Disney cruise.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #388
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the cruise!!!

We are almost in the same boat... I havn't been on a Disney Cruise since 2000 and someone we are sailing with has never been on a Disney Cruise. Are you all interested in participating in the Fish Extension?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #389
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
My wife, Bano and I with another couple, Herb and Janet, will be joining you on this cruise. Bano and I have not been on a Disney cruise since 2002. This will be Janet and Herb's first Disney cruise.
Welcome! I see you aren't too far from us!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #390
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Bano and I are both retired cast members, she had 21 years and I did 20. She worked at DRC and booked cruise for a short time. I worked in the MK merchandise. The last 11 years I was Pirate Bob. I don't believe my name was valid on this site. We do not have our cabin Numbers yet, and might not get it until we check in, so the FE could be a problem.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: