Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #316
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
Ok everyone, I have not booked this cruise yet. I am about 99% sure that I am. But I am really stepping out of my comfort zone. I have been a NCL ONLY cruiser and have been on a dozen cruises with them. BUT... I have been on a DCL before... it was way back in 2000 on the Wonder but I was really young... I just know I loved it. The reason is its a great deal, something new... and my girl friend LOVES LOVES LOVES Disney and has been wanting to take a DCL vacation for a while. Well this will be a present for our 2 year anniversary and she isn't going to know anything about it. Not until we drive up to the port, so its gonna be a complete surprise. Im glad this thread isnt on cruise critic because she goes on there and reads it all the time. I just need a little help real quick... sell me real quick on this cruise... this is a hard decision for me, I just need something to persuade me.
WOW WHERE TO START! IT WILL BE MINE AND LAURAS 10th DCL CRUISE. WE REALLY ENJOY THE ADULT AREAS OF THE SHIP. USUALLY THE ADULT POOL IS USUALLY NOT VERY CROWDED. YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN LIQUOR ON BOARD SINCE YOUR DOING AN ANNIVERSARY WHY DONT YOU BOOK A DINNER AT PALOS IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY. WE CRUISE CELEBRITY AND THEY ARE GREAT BUT DCL I THINK IS A STEP ABOVE. IF YOUR A DISNEY FANATIC, YOU WILL LOVE ALL THE DISNEY THEMED DECOR. WE THINK THE ENTERTAINMENT IS BETTER. ITS A NEW SHIP. WE FIND SOMETIMES ON OTHER CRUISES THE WAIT STAFF TRY TO HARD TO BE NICE. I THINK ON DISNEY ITS GENUINE!!!! SEEMS LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO CRUISE ON DISNEY ARE MORE FRIENDLY. FORMAL NIGHTS ON DISNEY ARENT AS FORMAL AS OTHER SHIPS. WHEN IM ON VACATION I DONT LIKE TO PUT ON A 3 PIECE SUIT. DISNEY IS THE ONLY SHIP THAT HAS FEs EVEN THOU THERE CAN BE OVER 1000 KIDS IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE THAT MANY. MOST ARE ON DECK 5. IF YOU LIKE GOLF THEY HAVE A GREAT GOLF SIMULATOR BY GOOFY GOLF. THE BAR DISTRICT IS AMAZING. THE DIFFERENT THEMES. THE BEDS ARE SOOOOOOO COMFORTABLE. DID I MENTION AT A CERTAIN TIME ON THE ISLAND THEY HAVE 2 FOR 1 DRINKS. THEY DONT TELL YOU ABOUT IT THOU. WE HAVE CRUISED ENOUGH TO KNOW TO ASK WHEN IT MIGHT BE. THEY USUALLY HAVE TO GET THE WORD FROM HEAD OF BAR SERVICES WHEN TO DO IT. USUALLY ITS IN THE LATE AFTERNOON. HOPE THAT HELPS A BIT.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #317
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST A REMINDER ANYONE WANTING TO DO THE FE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #318
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

It's Disney

Quote:
Ok everyone, I have not booked this cruise yet. I am about 99% sure that I am. But I am really stepping out of my comfort zone. I have been a NCL ONLY cruiser and have been on a dozen cruises with them. BUT... I have been on a DCL before... it was way back in 2000 on the Wonder but I was really young... I just know I loved it. The reason is its a great deal, something new... and my girl friend LOVES LOVES LOVES Disney and has been wanting to take a DCL vacation for a while. Well this will be a present for our 2 year anniversary and she isn't going to know anything about it. Not until we drive up to the port, so its gonna be a complete surprise. Im glad this thread isnt on cruise critic because she goes on there and reads it all the time. I just need a little help real quick... sell me real quick on this cruise... this is a hard decision for me, I just need something to persuade me.
Let me remind you......IT IS DISNEY...... Everything they do is Magical. Why wouldn't you want a MAGICAL anniversary. Pixie dust makes eveything extra special. Disney goes above and beyond. I have cruised on RC, CC and Regent Seven Seas and none of them compare to Disney....need I say more!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #319
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
WOW WHERE TO START! IT WILL BE MINE AND LAURAS 10th DCL CRUISE. WE REALLY ENJOY THE ADULT AREAS OF THE SHIP. USUALLY THE ADULT POOL IS USUALLY NOT VERY CROWDED. YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN LIQUOR ON BOARD SINCE YOUR DOING AN ANNIVERSARY WHY DONT YOU BOOK A DINNER AT PALOS IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY. WE CRUISE CELEBRITY AND THEY ARE GREAT BUT DCL I THINK IS A STEP ABOVE. IF YOUR A DISNEY FANATIC, YOU WILL LOVE ALL THE DISNEY THEMED DECOR. WE THINK THE ENTERTAINMENT IS BETTER. ITS A NEW SHIP. WE FIND SOMETIMES ON OTHER CRUISES THE WAIT STAFF TRY TO HARD TO BE NICE. I THINK ON DISNEY ITS GENUINE!!!! SEEMS LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO CRUISE ON DISNEY ARE MORE FRIENDLY. FORMAL NIGHTS ON DISNEY ARENT AS FORMAL AS OTHER SHIPS. WHEN IM ON VACATION I DONT LIKE TO PUT ON A 3 PIECE SUIT. DISNEY IS THE ONLY SHIP THAT HAS FEs EVEN THOU THERE CAN BE OVER 1000 KIDS IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE THAT MANY. MOST ARE ON DECK 5. IF YOU LIKE GOLF THEY HAVE A GREAT GOLF SIMULATOR BY GOOFY GOLF. THE BAR DISTRICT IS AMAZING. THE DIFFERENT THEMES. THE BEDS ARE SOOOOOOO COMFORTABLE. DID I MENTION AT A CERTAIN TIME ON THE ISLAND THEY HAVE 2 FOR 1 DRINKS. THEY DONT TELL YOU ABOUT IT THOU. WE HAVE CRUISED ENOUGH TO KNOW TO ASK WHEN IT MIGHT BE. THEY USUALLY HAVE TO GET THE WORD FROM HEAD OF BAR SERVICES WHEN TO DO IT. USUALLY ITS IN THE LATE AFTERNOON. HOPE THAT HELPS A BIT.
I want to hear more about these 2 for 1 drinks! Who do I ask about that? Is drinking allowed at the family beach? I don't think we'll hit the adults beach.
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #320
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Talking

Well ladies and gentlemen......

I just booked this cruise... We will be in a deluxe balcony but are on guaranteed status and don't know the cabin number yet.

Like I said this is very different for me being platinum on NCL and never having cheated on them before... But I am very excited.

We will be doing the FE... I just have to do all of this in secret.

We are also down for the meet and greet.

I am just going to tell me girlfriend (Kaitlin) we are going to Disney and that morning we are going to drive to the port and on the way over I'm going to tell her I want her to see the ship will will eventually take and then surprise her by getting on board.

So I am going to add my part to the trivia...

What is the tallest attraction at Walt Disney World?

-Brad and unknowingly Kaitlin
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #321
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Oh and just something everyone should know about me... I check cruise boards literally every 5 min. No exaggeration. So I'm always willing to talk...

So when is Pirate Night?

Also what is dress code at dinner?
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #322
Monual
Earning My Ears

Pirate Night is the night we go to Castaway Cay, December 4th. Which is, incidentally, our Anniversary. So we have a full schedule that day.

The dress code is pretty casual for regular dining. My wife and I have dinner reservations at Remy's on the 4th (told you it was a busy day), and the dress code there is very formal. I'll actually be wearing a suit and everything. =)

Look forward to seeing you there. Can't wait to see your girlfriend's reaction. How are you going to get her to bring her passport?

Without googling, I'm going to guess Tower of Terror is the tallest.
Monual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #323
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
I want to hear more about these 2 for 1 drinks! Who do I ask about that? Is drinking allowed at the family beach? I don't think we'll hit the adults beach.
DEFINATELY WE USUALLY GO TO THE ADULT BEACH HARDLY ANYONE THERE BUT THIS TIME WE ARE GOING TO FAMILY BEACH TO SNORKLE. YES YOU JUST HAVE TO SIT THERE AND THE WAITERS COME TO YOU. OR GO TO THE BAR BY THE BBQ AREA. THEY WONT TELL YOU THERE ARE 2 FOR 1 DRINKS. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE ISLAND MANY TIMES. I USUALLY ASK IN THE AFTERNOON. ITS A MATTER OF TIMING IVE GOT PHOTOS OF US WITH OUR FRIENDS ON THE FAMILY BEACH, ON OUR DVC MEMBER CRUISE, WITH OUR FRIENDS FLOATING COOLER ONE TIME I WAS STANDING IN CHEST DEEP WATER WITH A KONK KOOLER IN MY HAND. I WAS HOLDING IT AT WATER LEVEL. JUST AS SOON AS I SAW THIS BIG EYE BELOW THE WATER, A BIG FISH ABOUT 18 INCHES LONG BUMPED MY HAND AND KNOCKED MY DRINK OVER WE ALSO BROUGHT OUR OWN LIQUOR ONTO THE BEACH. ON THE MEMBER CRUISE THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 200 KIDS.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #324
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

THAT WAS ON THE FAMILY BEACH. THATS DAVE IN THE MIDDLE. HE KNOWS THE HEAD OF BAR SERVICES ON THE DREAM. WE WERE THE LAST TO LEAVE THE BEACH. WE BOARDED THE SHIP JUST BEFORE THEY UNTIED THE ROPES. IT WILL BE A LOT BUSIER ON THE FAMILY BEACH ON THE DEC CRUISE. IT WILL PROBABLY BE FULL. BUT THERE IS LOTS OF ROOM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #325
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well ladies and gentlemen......

I just booked this cruise... We will be in a deluxe balcony but are on guaranteed status and don't know the cabin number yet.

Like I said this is very different for me being platinum on NCL and never having cheated on them before... But I am very excited.

We will be doing the FE... I just have to do all of this in secret.

We are also down for the meet and greet.

I am just going to tell me girlfriend (Kaitlin) we are going to Disney and that morning we are going to drive to the port and on the way over I'm going to tell her I want her to see the ship will will eventually take and then surprise her by getting on board.

So I am going to add my part to the trivia...

What is the tallest attraction at Walt Disney World?

-Brad and unknowingly Kaitlin
GLAD YOUR JOINING THE GROUP, WELCOME GLAD YOUR DOING THE FE. MY email address is canadiandeernuts@hotmail.com IF YOU WANT TO SEND INFO FOR FE OR JUST PRIVATE POST ME THE INFO. I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST.

IM TRYING TO THINK WHAT THE TALLEST ATTRACTION IS, IS IT EVEREST?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #326
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh and just something everyone should know about me... I check cruise boards literally every 5 min. No exaggeration. So i'm always willing to talk...

So when is pirate night?

this will be our platinum joining cruise on disney. We have sailed 6 times on celebrity in caribbean. The only real dress code for dinner is long pants and casual shirt. Formal night isnt like formal on other ships. On disney you will see anywhere from a tux and gown to long pants and golf shirt. As far as i know pirate night is on tues.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #327
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monual View Post
Pirate Night is the night we go to Castaway Cay, December 4th. Which is, incidentally, our Anniversary. So we have a full schedule that day.

The dress code is pretty casual for regular dining. My wife and I have dinner reservations at Remy's on the 4th (told you it was a busy day), and the dress code there is very formal. I'll actually be wearing a suit and everything. =)

Look forward to seeing you there. Can't wait to see your girlfriend's reaction. How are you going to get her to bring her passport?

Without googling, I'm going to guess Tower of Terror is the tallest.
JUST REALIZED YOU BEAT ME TO ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS
Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #328
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh and just something everyone should know about me... I check cruise boards literally every 5 min. No exaggeration. So i'm always willing to talk...

So when is pirate night?

brad where are you from?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #329
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
HERE IS UPDATED FE LIST.

DVC DEERNUT LAURA(DW) IAN(DH) CABIN 7002
CARA(DFiancee) SKYE(DD)16 HAILEY(DD)9 CABIN 7000

REIGLE4 RICK(DH) MELINDA(DW) JADE(DGD)8 CABIN 6112
JENNY(DW) RICHARD(DH) KAY(DD)7 CABIN 6114

OBSLADY BRANDY(DW) DAVID(DH) CABIN 5650
TALIA(DD)17 KEEGAN(DS)12

JJMOM JEANETTE(DM) JADEN(DS)13 JANESSA(DD)12 CABIN 2023

DRUMEXPERT510 BRAD(Dboyfriend) KAITLIN(Dgirlfriend)

ANY CORRECTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THIS IS NEW FE LIST. DRUMEXPERT510 WILL BE COMPLETED ONCE I FIND OUT CABIN NUMBER. ANY ERRORS LET ME KNOW.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #330
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

JUST CURIOUS BRAD, HOW WILL YOU KEEP THE CRUISE SECRET WHEN YOU WILL HAVE FE GIFTS TO BRING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: