Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #301
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

We received our papers also. Certainly makes it real. No upgrade for us. I tell friends are we so down low in the ship we are helping to row. The good news is the info says we shouldn't feel as much of the movement. I am hoping for no sea sickness. Years ago I spent the 3 hours of a deep sea fishing excursion becoming very aquainted with the side of the boat. The water was so rough that day everyone was sick except the crew. Not a pleasant memory. We need someone to join the FE from level 3 and 4 then we could just make our way down from 6 to ours down on 2. 5 weeks tonight and we will all be getting ready for our departure the following day.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #302
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmom11 View Post
we received our papers also. Certainly makes it real. No upgrade for us. I tell friends are we so down low in the ship we are helping to row. The good news is the info says we shouldn't feel as much of the movement. I am hoping for no sea sickness. Years ago i spent the 3 hours of a deep sea fishing excursion becoming very aquainted with the side of the boat. The water was so rough that day everyone was sick except the crew. Not a pleasant memory. We need someone to join the fe from level 3 and 4 then we could just make our way down from 6 to ours down on 2. 5 weeks tonight and we will all be getting ready for our departure the following day.
your in the centre of the ship and the weather is generally good in dec. A large ship like that isnt like riding a small fishing boat. Unless your on the fantasy heading back to port last night. That is very rare.
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #303
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

Oh my stars I read some of that thread about the people on the Fantasy last night. Just can't imagine what they went through. Not a good ending to I am sure was a wonderful holiday. You can't help but feel bad for what they experienced.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #304
TBMommy
Earning My Ears

We just booked today! So excited. This will be our kids' first cruise and our first DISNEY cruise.

My kids are all
TBMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #305
TBMommy
Earning My Ears

I have a few questions for you Disney Cruise experts. I haven't cruise on Disney, only on Princess and not in a long time.

Is the mini golf onboard an extra charge? Have you noticed if it is busy?

What about Eye Scream, is the ice cream extra?

How fast is dinner service? My kids get restless, one has autism.

Is there a particular car service you prefer?

Any recommendations of a good hotel in the Cape Canaveral area? I have been to Cocoa beach before but didn't notice any nice hotels near port when we drove through.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #306
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TBMommy;46573434]I have a few questions for you Disney Cruise experts. I haven't cruise on Disney, only on Princess and not in a long time.

What about Eye Scream, is the ice cream extra?

Any recommendations of a good hotel in the Cape Canaveral area? I have been to Cocoa beach before but didn't notice any nice hotels near port when we drove through.

WELCOME TO THE GROUP. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DOING THE FE LET ME KNOW. WE HAVE DONE CELEBRITY AND PRINCESS A FEW TIMES, YOU WILL BE AMAZED ON THE DREAM. THE STANDARD SOFT ICECREAM OUT OF THE MACHINES IS FREE. THEY HAVE VANILLA STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE AND BANANA. THEY DO HAVE SOMETHING YOU PUT ON YOUR CABIN KEY BUT I CANT THINK OF WHAT IT WAS. BUT YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF TO THE SOFT ICE CREAM POP OR COFFEE AND TEAS ANYTIME.
I TALK A LOT SO OUR DINING EXPERIENCE IS LONGER BUT THE WAIT STAFF ARE VERY PERSONALBLE. THEY ARE GENERALLY GREAT WITH KIDS. IF YOUR LUCKY AND GET THE DINING ROTATION WITH 2 NIGHTS OF ANIMATORS PALLETE YOU WILL HAVE LOTS TO SEE. I WONT SAY WHAT BUT ITS FUN. PIRATE NIGHT DINING IS A LOT OF FUN. SOME INCLUDING LAURA AND MYSELF LOVE TO DRESS UP. I GUESS I SORT OF DIDNT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT HOW FAST THE SERVICE IS BUT IM SAYING THE WAIT STAFF ARE EXCELLANT.
WE ARE USING HAPPY LIMOS FOR THE FIRST TIME. WE USUALLY USE THE DISNEY TRANSPORTATION BUT THERE ARE 7 OF US THIS TIME. HAPPY LIMO WAS RECCOMMENDED TO US BY MANY. THEY PICK US UP AT OKW SUNDAY MORNING AND ARE WAITING TO TAKE US BACK THURS MORN WHEN WE RETURN. WE HAVE NEVER STAYED IN PORT SO I CANT SAY WHICH ONE TO STAY IN. BUT I KNOW THERE ARE A FEW THAT WILL SHUTTLE YOU OVER. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK.

OH AND AGAIN IF YOUR INTERESTED IN DOING THE FE LET ME KNOW.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #307
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmommy View Post
i have a few questions for you disney cruise experts. I haven't cruise on disney, only on princess and not in a long time.

What about eye scream, is the ice cream extra?

Any recommendations of a good hotel in the cape canaveral area? I have been to cocoa beach before but didn't notice any nice hotels near port when we drove through.

Thanks!
where in central ny?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #308
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMommy View Post

We just booked today! So excited. This will be our kids' first cruise and our first DISNEY cruise.

My kids are all
Welcome! It's our first Disney Cruise, too. How old are your kids? Mine are 9, 7, and 4.

We want to try the mini golf, too. I assumed it was free.
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #309
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
Welcome! It's our first Disney Cruise, too. How old are your kids? Mine are 9, 7, and 4.

We want to try the mini golf, too. I assumed it was free.
YES GOOFY GOLF IS FREE ITS AT THE AFT OF THE SHIP ON THE VERY TOP BY THE BASKETBALL COURTS. IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET LUCKY AND ARE SHOOTING SOME HOOPS GOOFY MIGHT BE THERE WITH YOU PLAYING WE HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD WITH US TOO.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #310
TBMommy
Earning My Ears

Thanks, that is useful information. I have to do a lot of preping for my son to enjoy the trip, details like whether we can have ice cream every day and play mini golf most days is unusually important to him. And cost is important to me!

My daughter is 3 and my son is 5. Pirate night sounds like fun, I plan on picking them up a couple costumes on Thursday when the Halloween stuff goes on clearance! I also plan to request a table in the dining rooms that is just for our family and preferably near the door so we can make a quick exit if needed.

What about princess dresses? Do little girls wear them on the ship at all like at WDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
where in central ny?
Syracuse area, in the snow belt. Just a hop, skip and a jump down the Thruway from the Niagara region. But here, it is soda. Not pop.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #311
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TBMommy;46575224]Thanks, that is useful information. I have to do a lot of preping for my son to enjoy the trip, details like whether we can have ice cream every day and play mini golf most days is unusually important to him. And cost is important to me!

My daughter is 3 and my son is 5. Pirate night sounds like fun, I plan on picking them up a couple costumes on Thursday when the Halloween stuff goes on clearance! I also plan to request a table in the dining rooms that is just for our family and preferably near the door so we can make a quick exit if needed.

What about princess dresses? Do little girls wear them on the ship at all like at WDW?

THEY HAVE PHOTO OPS WITH THE PRINCESSES IN THE ATRIUM. IVE SEEN GIRLS DRESSED UP FOR THE PICTURE TAKING. ITS FUN TO STAND A DECK UP NEAR THE ELEVATORS OVERLOOKING THE ATRIUM WATCHING THE REACTIONS. YOU CAN REQUEST WHERE AND WHO YOU SIT WITH. THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD WITH PEOPLES REQUESTS. WE HAVE FRIENDS WE HAVE SAILED WITH ON OTHER CRUISES FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY. WE REQUEST SITTING WITH THEM ONCE WE GET THEIR RESSIE NUMBER TO BE LINKED TOGETHER. GREAT THAT YOUR DRESSING UP FOR PIRATE NIGHT. THE KIDS WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #312
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Disney is awesome

The little princesses do dress up (mine is 8 and our friends GD is 7 and they are wearing Cinderella gowns on formal night) they make great CHristmas pictures. Disney Cast Memebers are very accomodating and make the cruise even more special. We are taking the DIsney bus transportation because they have cartoons playing on the tv screens to keep the kids occupied from the airport to the cruise port. It makes the trip even better because the ride to the ship feels like part of the cruise experience. I have been on the DIsney Wonder and if they are any indication of how they do things on the Dream the kids will have a great time.
We adults are even dressing up for pirate night to join in the fun.

I hope you will join us for the FE as DVC has mentioned. It will give that little extra bit of pixie dust to your trip.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #313
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Ok everyone, I have not booked this cruise yet. I am about 99% sure that I am. But I am really stepping out of my comfort zone. I have been a NCL ONLY cruiser and have been on a dozen cruises with them. BUT... I have been on a DCL before... it was way back in 2000 on the Wonder but I was really young... I just know I loved it. The reason is its a great deal, something new... and my girl friend LOVES LOVES LOVES Disney and has been wanting to take a DCL vacation for a while. Well this will be a present for our 2 year anniversary and she isn't going to know anything about it. Not until we drive up to the port, so its gonna be a complete surprise. Im glad this thread isnt on cruise critic because she goes on there and reads it all the time. I just need a little help real quick... sell me real quick on this cruise... this is a hard decision for me, I just need something to persuade me.
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 AM   #314
Monual
Earning My Ears

Hey, it will be our two-year anniversary as well! Except it's, you know, the "married" anniversary, not the "met" anniversary. But still. Serendipity!

There will be plenty of people without children, so you won't be alone in being childless on the cruise. And it's a new ship, with lots of nifty features that will be fun to explore (or so I'm told, our first Disney Cruise as well).

If you're looking for my wife, just seek out the woman who's studiously ignoring the 46-year-old man yelling as he slides down the Aquaduck yet again.
Monual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #315
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Thats going to be as well... Ill be on the Aquaduck, playing mini golf, etc. lol

Im am just so comfortable with NCL, like I know all the CD's and HD's, many wait staff etc, so I really am worried about swimming into uncharted waters for myself....
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: