Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #286
AladdinsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Hello! We just booked this cruise too. We are super excited. We've done a couple of 3-night December cruises before. We love the decorations on the ship! This is our first 4-day cruise though; I've always wanted to try this itinerary. So excited!!
AladdinsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #287
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinsPrincess View Post
Hello! We just booked this cruise too. We are super excited. We've done a couple of 3-night December cruises before. We love the decorations on the ship! This is our first 4-day cruise though; I've always wanted to try this itinerary. So excited!!
WELCOME TO THE GROUP IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE FE LET ME KNOW. WE HAVENT BEEN TO THE TAMPA AREA SINCE WE STAYED IN CLEARWATER BEACH IN 1991.
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #288
SingPraiseFL
Earning My Ears

Fe

Unfortunately we need to back out of the FE this trip. I'm so sorry we are going to miss this. This would be for Amy, Phil and Gabe (6) and for Jim and Brenda. Thanks DVC Deernut for organizing.
SingPraiseFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #289
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
here is updated fe list.

Dvc deernut laura(dw) ian(dh) cabin 7002
cara(dfiancee) skye(dd)16 hailey(dd)9 cabin 7000

reigle4 rick(dh) melinda(dw) jade(dgd)8 cabin 6112
jenny(dw) richard(dh) kay(dd)7 cabin 6114

obslady brandy(dw) david(dh) cabin 5650
talia(dd)17 keegan(ds)12

jjmom jeanette(dm) jaden(ds)13 janessa(dd)12 cabin 2023

any corrections please let me know.
new updated list, singpraisefl sadly had to pull out of the fe.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #290
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

NEXT MONTH WE SHOULD DECIDE WHERE TO HAVE MEET AND GREET ON THE SHIP. 3pm SOMEWHERE WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO MEET. AFTER MUSTER DRILL WE USUALLY GO STRAIGHT UP TO THE SAILAWAY. IVE SUGGESTED TO CARA THAT THEY STAND NEAR THE FRONT BY THE STAGE. LAURA AND I WILL PROBABLY GO TO OUR USUAL SPOT BY ON THE NEXT DECK UP AT THE AQUADUCK ENTRY. THAT WAY I CAN PHOTO THEM OWN BELOW. I WILL BE THE ONE IN THE CANADIAN TOQUE HOLDING MY DRINK OF THE DAY. WE WOULD WELCOME ANYONE JOINING US. AFTER THE SAILAWAY WE USUALLY GO TO THE FISHLIPS SIDE OF THE SHIP. IM BRINGING CANADIAN FLAG AGAIN, THE WEB CAM AT FISHLIPS WILL SCAN THE SIDE OF THE SHIP AND FOCUS A LITTLE ON ANYONE WAVING OR HOLDING A FLAG OR SOMETHING. IF YOU GO TO THE ARCHIVES OF SAILAWAYS YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF LEAVE THE PORT.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #291
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

We took a look at your suggestion of seeing the posting of the sailaway. I hope you don't mind if we copy the idea of the Canada Flag. My kids thought it would be great to show their Grandma when we return home. It certainly is a small group for the FE this round. I have seen a few of people's lists from other cruises and they had to break it down into smaller groups so many. People just don't know they exist.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #292
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmom11 View Post
We took a look at your suggestion of seeing the posting of the sailaway. I hope you don't mind if we copy the idea of the Canada Flag. My kids thought it would be great to show their Grandma when we return home. It certainly is a small group for the FE this round. I have seen a few of people's lists from other cruises and they had to break it down into smaller groups so many. People just don't know they exist.
THATS A GREAT IDEAI HAVE TO GO OUT AND GET ANOTHER CANADIAN FLAG, WHATEVER I BRING DOWN I GIVE AWAY TO CREW ON THE SHIP. WE CAN EVEN STAND TOGETHER WITH OUR FLAGS AND BE MORE NOTICABLE BY THE WAY THERE ARE 40 MORE CANADIANS FROM THE NIAGARA AREA WHO BOOKED THRU CAA. WE DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE. I MAY HAVE TO WEAR A SHIRT SAYING IM FROM NOTL TO FIND THEM. WE COULD ALL STAND TOGETHER AT SAILAWAY AND MAKE A BIG TARGET FOR THE FISHLIPS CAMERA TO FOCUS ON
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #293
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Too excited

OK. I am just at the sitting and waiting point right now. Since this is my first time doing FE and Doing a meet and greet (not my first on a cruise but is the first Disney Dream cruise) I will be impatiently waiting for the final instructions so I can get my gifts together. Just let me know when you need the names and room numbers.

We aren't from Canada but the other family going with us has never been to Disney or on a cruise of anykind so I want this to be extra memorable for them. I will be bringing the big white Mickey gloves for waving good bye.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #294
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
OK. I am just at the sitting and waiting point right now. Since this is my first time doing FE and Doing a meet and greet (not my first on a cruise but is the first Disney Dream cruise) I will be impatiently waiting for the final instructions so I can get my gifts together. Just let me know when you need the names and room numbers.

We aren't from Canada but the other family going with us has never been to Disney or on a cruise of anykind so I want this to be extra memorable for them. I will be bringing the big white Mickey gloves for waving good bye.
I HOPE YOU JOIN US ON THE TOP DECK FOR SAILAWAY. MAYBE I WILL BRING MY MICKEY HANDS TOO WE CAN MAKE A BIGGER TARGET AT THE SIDE OF THE SHIP. IVE ALREADY GOT YOUR CABINS AND NAMES. I JUST WATCH THE DREAM GO OUT. IM GLAD SORT OF IM NOT ON IT. THE WEATHER LOOKS BAD WITH THE HURRICANE HEADING OVER THE BAHAMMAS
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #295
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

This trip is huge for my kids and I. We have never been to Disney at Christmas. We have never been on a cruise. I am sure our friends are sick to death of hearing about it. But so fun planning what to wear for pirate night. And trying to think of something for the FE. We have purchased a Canadian Flag to help the camera zoom in on us for the departure. My son has wanted to take a Disney cruise for over 3 years so it is a dream come true for him. My daughter's dream was Hawaii which we did 2 years ago. I just love the family time spent with my kids. Not many more years left and they will be off exploring their own worlds.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #296
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
I HOPE YOU JOIN US ON THE TOP DECK FOR SAILAWAY. MAYBE I WILL BRING MY MICKEY HANDS TOO WE CAN MAKE A BIGGER TARGET AT THE SIDE OF THE SHIP. IVE ALREADY GOT YOUR CABINS AND NAMES. I JUST WATCH THE DREAM GO OUT. IM GLAD SORT OF IM NOT ON IT. THE WEATHER LOOKS BAD WITH THE HURRICANE HEADING OVER THE BAHAMMAS
yeah some friends of ours are on the Disney Fantasy right now and she called us from St Thomas yesterday..She said the weather has been great so far, but rumor had it they may not make it to Castaway Cay tomorrow because of the hurricane.

That's a bummer.. Our 1st cruise back in 2001 we didnt get to make it to Castaway Cay because it was to windy to dock the ship..So the captian just circled it all day..Very frustrating...
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #297
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmom11 View Post
this trip is huge for my kids and i. We have never been to disney at christmas. We have never been on a cruise. I am sure our friends are sick to death of hearing about it. But so fun planning what to wear for pirate night. And trying to think of something for the fe. We have purchased a canadian flag to help the camera zoom in on us for the departure. My son has wanted to take a disney cruise for over 3 years so it is a dream come true for him. My daughter's dream was hawaii which we did 2 years ago. I just love the family time spent with my kids. Not many more years left and they will be off exploring their own worlds.
on pirate night we should take a group shot.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #298
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

We got our cruise docs today!!!

and a free upgrade!!

i think its time to start doing some research on the Dream now so we dont get lost...we've only sailed on the Magic and Wonder.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #299
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
We got our cruise docs today!!!

and a free upgrade!!

i think its time to start doing some research on the Dream now so we dont get lost...we've only sailed on the Magic and Wonder.
HOW DID YOU GET A FREE UPGRADE? THE FIRST TIME YOU STEP FOOT ON THE DREAM IT WILL SEEM SO BIG, BUT IT DOESNT TAKE LONG TO FIND EVERYTHING
Old 10-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #300
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
HOW DID YOU GET A FREE UPGRADE? THE FIRST TIME YOU STEP FOOT ON THE DREAM IT WILL SEEM SO BIG, BUT IT DOESNT TAKE LONG TO FIND EVERYTHING
thats what we're hoping..Robins really good at directions so i'll just follow her around everywhere...like i normally do.

we booked an obstructed veiw porthole about a month ago..our docs came today and we got upgraded to a cabin with a full view porthole...
perhaps the name Underdog carries some weight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: