Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #256
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by obslady View Post
Well Ian, I wasn't sure whether to do the party or not, but since we're only going to be at WDW for such a short time (2 days), I decided it would be nice to add to our schedule...that being said, I just purchased our tickets for the night of December 6th.

I think I'm going to keep this one to myself and surprise the kids though. Keegan's 12 and has never been to a parade, this could get interesting. I'm hoping that since there are a limited number of tickets sold, it will be a little less crowded at night.

Do you have any suggestions on the event? He's not big on crowds or loud noise (but we will bring earplugs for him). Like I said before...this trip will make or break him on the whole WDW experience. With headphones he's been known to really like fireworks and where we live in Missouri they're illegal. It will be great to see such a fabulous display. Last time we were at WDW the castle was being worked on as well. I simply can't wait to see all the great additions and changes that have taken place.

Brandy

THIS IS A PHOTO OF PART OF CHRISTMAS PARADE FROM INFRONT OF THE SALOON AREA OF FRONTIERLAND. ANYWEAR ALONG THERE IT DOESNT GET CROWDED. ONCE THE PARADE ENDS FOLLOW THE CMs CARRYING THE ROPE . YOU CAN FOLLOW THEM RIGHT INFRONT OF THE CASTLE AND END UP AT THE TOP OF MAIN STREET FOR FIREWORKS .
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #257
Liv2CdWorld
I love these boards ---- this is where the Magic lives when I'm not at WDW!
WL Vet

Hi all! I haven't posted in a bit. Been super busy! We are getting excited for the cruise. Friday I made a last minute decision and upgraded to concierge. It's a surprise (as long as I can keep the secret).

August 29 to Sept 3, 2007 - WL
Dec 22 to Dec 29, 2007 - WL

June 3 to June 10, 2006 - Contemporary
Nov 24 to Dec 4, 2005 - HRH & Saratoga Springs
Aug 11 to Aug 14, 2005 - WL (Quick impromptu trip)
May 29 to June 6, 2005 - WL
May 2004 - Contemporary
December 2003 - WL
May 2003 - Poly Concierge/ WL Concierge
Christmas 2001 - WL
May 2000 - WL
May 1999 - WL
Oct 1995 - Disneyland
1980 and prior - too many to count

Pat the bear's nose so the magic can begin - FloridaCat
Liv2CdWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #258
TINKERCARA
Earning My Ears

Talking

48 more days The girls and I are getting so excited
TINKERCARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #259
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

Bought the material to make our fish extender today!! It was a big decision that all 3 of us had to agree on. Only 7 weeks. We are spending 3 days before the cruise at the parks. So excited to see it all decorated for Christmas. We are trying out the Candlelight Processional over at Epcot read by Whoopi Goldberg. We have been to Disney before, but close to Christmas. Fun to try out different seasonal events.
jjmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #260
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmom11 View Post
bought the material to make our fish extender today!! It was a big decision that all 3 of us had to agree on. Only 7 weeks. We are spending 3 days before the cruise at the parks. So excited to see it all decorated for christmas. We are trying out the candlelight processional over at epcot read by whoopi goldberg. We have been to disney before, but close to christmas. Fun to try out different seasonal events.
Pirate:
we have done that a couple times. Are you doing the dinner and candlelight? There are 2 lines. First line to get seated are the dinner and candlelight then the other line goes in.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #261
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

bought our tickets for the Christmas party on Dec 6th today!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #262
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Bought the material to make our fish extender today!! It was a big decision that all 3 of us had to agree on. Only 7 weeks. We are spending 3 days before the cruise at the parks. So excited to see it all decorated for Christmas. We are trying out the Candlelight Processional over at Epcot read by Whoopi Goldberg. We have been to Disney before, but close to Christmas. Fun to try out different seasonal events.
We will be at the parks before the cruise, too (and after lol!). Where are you staying? Are you heading to Port Canaveral the night before the cruise or that morning? I'm still deciding what to do...
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #263
katiebear
Mouseketeer

I have a few questions if someone could help me... be glad you didn't start this thread 6 months ago or I would have driven you all crazy!

On Pirate Night my boys will probably be dressing up. Do they dress up for dinner or after?

How do on board credits work? We have some through our agency, but I don't know quite how to use them. I am asking because I was hoping I could pay tips with them, but we are supposed to prepay tips now?

Also, where is everyone staying the night before? We will be at WDW the week before. I initially planned on us checking out Saturday and finding a sleep and cruise hotel (or whatever it's called), but I might add a night at POR and head to the port right from Orlando Sunday morning then park the car at one of the cruise parking areas. Make sense lol?
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #264
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

We don't have a car while in Florida so have booked the bus from the Pop Century to the ship and then back to the airport. It is only an hour and half drive (from what I understand) from Disney World. Or you could be like someone on the disboard that posted they got up with a few others so they could watch the ship come in at 4 a.m. Love that dedication. I am afraid I am better at going to bed at 4 a.m. than getting up at 4 a.m.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #265
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
We don't have a car while in Florida so have booked the bus from the Pop Century to the ship and then back to the airport. It is only an hour and half drive (from what I understand) from Disney World. Or you could be like someone on the disboard that posted they got up with a few others so they could watch the ship come in at 4 a.m. Love that dedication. I am afraid I am better at going to bed at 4 a.m. than getting up at 4 a.m.
Looks like we'll be at POP too precruise and we're going to book the Disney bus so looks like we'll see you on the bus!
We've done the "Welcome Home the Magic" a few times at 5 am. Its a lot of fun!! But we dont have a car this time so we're taking a Disney bus over cruise day.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257

Last edited by Dyerneeds; 10-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #266
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
I have a few questions if someone could help me... be glad you didn't start this thread 6 months ago or I would have driven you all crazy!

On Pirate Night my boys will probably be dressing up. Do they dress up for dinner or after?

How do on board credits work? We have some through our agency, but I don't know quite how to use them. I am asking because I was hoping I could pay tips with them, but we are supposed to prepay tips now?

Also, where is everyone staying the night before? We will be at WDW the week before. I initially planned on us checking out Saturday and finding a sleep and cruise hotel (or whatever it's called), but I might add a night at POR and head to the port right from Orlando Sunday morning then park the car at one of the cruise parking areas. Make sense lol?

WE ALWAYS DRESS UP. THIS YEAR THERE WILL BE 7 OF US. WE DRESS UP BEFORE DINNER AND ARE DRESSED UP UNTIL AFTER FIREWORKS AND CLUB PIRATE. YOUR WAIT STAFF AND OTHER DCL CREW REALLY GET INTO THE PIRATE NIGHT THEME. WE HAVE A COUPLE GROUP SHOTS WE SET UP ON OUR MEMBER CRUISE, HAVING PIRATE MICKEY IN OUR GROUP PHOTO. MANY FIRST TIME DISNEY CRUISERS ARENT AWARE OF WHAT HAPPENS ON PIRATE NIGHT. TRUST ME YOU WILL HAVE A LOT OF FUN ON PIRATE NIGHT AS FAR AS CREDITS, WHEN YOU CHECK IN YOU CAN TELL THEM YOU WANT YOUR BILL TO BE PUT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. EVERYTHING WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR ROOM KEY. THE LAST NIGHT YOUR STATEMENT WILL BE IN YOUR ROOM. WHATEVER YOU PURCHASED WITH YOUR KEY WILL BE ON THERE. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS YOU CAN GO DOWN TO CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK AND ASK QUESTIONS. IF YOU DONT PUT IT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD ON WHEN YOU CHECK IN THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY BILL ON THE LAST MORNING. THAT CAN BE A HEADACHE IF THE LINE IS LONG. ANY SHIP BOARD CREDIT WILL BE CREDITED TO YOUR STATEMENT. THE SHIP AND CASTAWAY CAY IS CASHLESS UNLESS YOU BUY A STAMP ON CASTAWAY. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK.

BY THE WAY WE ARE STAYING SAT NITE AT OKW THEN STAYING AT OKW AFTER CRUISE UNTIL MON.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #267
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

we normally take disney transportation to the ship but this time there are 7 of us. At $70 a person on disney bus it was cheaper for us to rent a stretch limo from happy limo services.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #268
jjmom11
Earning My Ears

I read on one of the disboards they make the ride exciting getting you ready for the cruise. I even found that on the magic express from the airport. Makes the drive go quickly.

I don't know how they organize the bus to the cruise ship. Do you know if there is just one pick up for the day, or numerous ones with different stops at the different resorts.

How many nights are you are pop century? We fly in on the wednesday which gives us 3 days in the parks. Did you get in on the free dining also?

Hard to believe it is only 6 weeks today till we fly down to Florida. So much to do here in Southern Ontario getting ready for winter. Plus both my kids play hockey. The time will go very quick I am sure.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #269
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read on one of the disboards they make the ride exciting getting you ready for the cruise. I even found that on the magic express from the airport. Makes the drive go quickly.

I don't know how they organize the bus to the cruise ship. Do you know if there is just one pick up for the day, or numerous ones with different stops at the different resorts.

How many nights are you are pop century? We fly in on the wednesday which gives us 3 days in the parks. Did you get in on the free dining also?

Hard to believe it is only 6 weeks today till we fly down to Florida. So much to do here in Southern Ontario getting ready for winter. Plus both my kids play hockey. The time will go very quick I am sure.
ITS USUALLY 1 PICK UP PER DAY. DEPENDING ON HOW MANY AT YOUR RESORT GOING THEY MAY STOP AT OTHER RESORTS TO FILL THE BUS . THEY WILL GIVE YOU YOUR TIME TO BE AT THE BUS PICK UP.
I GUESS YOUR UP IN SNOW COUNTRY NEAR WATERLOO WE HARDLY GET SNOW HERE IN NOTL.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #270
TINKERCARA
Earning My Ears

Ok so its only 42 more days and i just found out 2 out of 4 people in my house have started packing One is the least excited person so he says DVC Deernut JR is playing it cool
TINKERCARA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: