Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #181
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Great photo Ian.

Dh told me about a rather large baracuda when he snorkeled at the family beach but that one at Serenity bay looks enormous compared to what he saw!!
I know I would jump out of that water really fast if i saw that in the water near me.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #182
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

GOOFY IS MY FAVOURITE. IM KIND OF GOOFY HERE IS A PHOTO OF ME AND BILL FARMER THE VOICE OF GOOFY IN THE ELEVATOR ON THE WONDER.

Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #183
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Off to take my doggie to the vet.
Back around my lunch time. I hope to see some posting while I am gone.

Plus I hope more people will add photos. I know all of you have some photos you can share. Dont be embarassed, just throw them out there for everyone to enjoy.

Back later,

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #184
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
GOOFY IS MY FAVOURITE. IM KIND OF GOOFY HERE IS A PHOTO OF ME AND BILL FARMER THE VOICE OF GOOFY IN THE ELEVATOR ON THE WONDER.

I am SOOOOO Jealous!!!!!
When my son worked at WDW he brought me a special Christmas card signed by Goofy with a special note on it too.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #185
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

I DIDNT USE MY CAMERA MUCH THERE. BARRACUDAS BITE ON SHINY THINGS. ITS FUNNY TO WATCH PEOPLE STANDING IN THE WATER NOT REALIZING WHAT JUST SWAM PAST THEM. AS THE DAY GOES ON SOMETIMES MORE OF THE BIGGER FISH COME CLOSE TO SHORE. I SEEN A GOOD SIZED SHARK GO THRU. MAYBE 5 FEET. THIS YEAR LAURA SAW A 3 FOOT SHARK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SNORKLING AREA. HOW FAST DO THEY GROW HE WILL BE BIGGER IN DEC. THOSE SHARKS ARE HARMLESS.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #186
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

IVE TALKED WITH HIM ON OUR LAST 3 MEMBER CRUISES. HIS WIFE REMEMBERED ME BY NAME. THERE IS A FUNNY STORY FROM LAST YEAR. WHILE LAURA AND I WERE ON SERENITY BAY BILLS WIFE AND BECKY CLINE(disney archives) WERE STANDING ABOUT 10 FEET FROM ME. I HAD BROUGHT DRIED OAT MEAL TO ATTRACT THE FISH AND FEED THEM. I STARTED SPRINKLING IT AROUND THEM. THEY HAD FISH ALL AROUND THEM. FRIENDLY ONES ANYWAYS WE WERE TALKING. BILLS WIFE TOLD ME THEY HAD A PHOTO OF ME DRESSED UP IN A PIRATES OUTFIT ON THEIR DRESSER IN THEIR CABIN. I THOUGHT OK WHERE DID THAT COME FROM AND HOW DID THEY KNOW WHAT MY FACE LOOKED LIKE WITHOUT THE DISGUISE WELL WHEN THAT PREVIOUS PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN THE ELEVATOR I HAD JUST GOTTEN A COPY OF MY PIRATE PHOTO FROM PIRATE NIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE. I HANDED IT TO BILLS WIFE WHILE SHE TOOK THE PHOTO. I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT. THEY BROUGHT IT BACK TO ME AT DINNER. THEY DID SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR US FOR 2 KIDS WE KNOW WITH MD. HE PERSONALIZED A CARTOON DRAWING OF GOOFY FOR BOTH KIDS(sons of our friends back home) CAME TO OUR CABIN ON THE LAST NIGHT AROUND 11pm TO DROP THEM OFF. I WAS SO THRILLED BY THAT(for the lack of a better word) THE KIDS WERE THRILLED.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #187
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Thats a great story. It just shows there are caring people out there who are willing to do something special for someone they dont know.

We have cruised a few times with a friend who always finds out who the Make a Wish kids are on our cruise. Then she organised a group of us to leave special gifts throughout the cruise. She was in contact with the parent so we had the scoop on what the child liked. It was all done annonamously.

Back from the vet. Minnie was actually a good girl.

Off to have lunch, then back to dreaming about the cruise!!!

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #188
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

I have a question i hope someone can answer for me.

I know for awhile the Dream had assigned times for boarding instead of just boarding anytime after it was open for boarding.

Are they still assigning times??
At one time they said Platnium members could board anytime even though others had assigned times. Is that true??

I have been reading everywhere and cant find any info on this. I know we can call but just thought I would ask here first.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #189
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom x4,grandma x4 View Post
a couple of my large statues. Sadly santa donald lost his head after i unpacked him a few weeks ago. But i will try to reattach his head before the holidays get here. But for now his head and body are sitting in front of the fireplace. I get a lot of comments about him when people come over. Lol!!

i told you guys i was a disney nut!! My kitchen also has several disney cookie jars and i did have 2 canister sets that were disney. But our last mover lost a few of my prize disney poesssions.

Guess thats a good excuse to buy some new ones??

Kathy
where can you get these ive been looking for things like this for our garden around the pool. LOOKING FOR MICKEY MINNIE GOOFY MAYBE THE 7 DWARFS ETC
Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #190
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a question i hope someone can answer for me.

I know for awhile the Dream had assigned times for boarding instead of just boarding anytime after it was open for boarding.

Are they still assigning times??
At one time they said Platnium members could board anytime even though others had assigned times. Is that true??

I have been reading everywhere and cant find any info on this. I know we can call but just thought I would ask here first.

Kathy
WE HAVE NEVER USED BOARDING TIMES. WE HAVE ALWAYS ARRIVED AROUND 130PMISH AND WALKED RIGHT ON. THATS WHAT WE DID THIS PAST SEPT ON MEMBER CRUISE. WE BECOME PLATINUM RIGHT AFTER THIS CRUISE IM SURE THEY TOLD ME PLATINUM COULD BOARD EARLY. I HAVE TO CALL DCL ANYWAYS TO CHANGE OUR DINING BACK TO LATE DINING. I FORGOT EARLY DINING MEANS EARLIER GETTING UP ON LAST DAY FOR BREAKFAST. IF YOUR ON THE SHIP BEFORE US, HAPPY LIMO IS PICKING US UP AT OKW AT 11AM, YOU MAY HEAR A GREETING OF THE DUDLEY DOORIGHT FAMILY THAT WILL BE US. I DID THAT ON THE MEMBER CRUISE TOLD THEM WE WERE THE DOORIGHTS FROM CANADA
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #191
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thats a great story. It just shows there are caring people out there who are willing to do something special for someone they dont know.

We have cruised a few times with a friend who always finds out who the make a wish kids are on our cruise. Then she organised a group of us to leave special gifts throughout the cruise. She was in contact with the parent so we had the scoop on what the child liked. It was all done annonamously.

Back from the vet. Minnie was actually a good girl.

Off to have lunch, then back to dreaming about the cruise!!!

Kathy
laura is a nurse so one year she got to do the dreams takes flight trip to wdw. A full plane on air canada went to wdw early morning and came home late that day. She was incharge of a few of the kids. What an experience she had. They have a big party the night before in an air canada hanger in toronto. Stay overnight and fly down on special flight. The kids are either really ill or are from very poor families.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #192
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
where can you get these ive been looking for things like this for our garden around the pool. LOOKING FOR MICKEY MINNIE GOOFY MAYBE THE 7 DWARFS ETC
You can get statues at the Art of Disney stores in every theme park and Downtown Disney. World of Disney store use to have them too at Downtown Disney.
Mine are not water proof for outside use but they do make them. I saw them on line, i think it was www.disneystore.com. Look for garden statues.
Disney has another online store that may have been where i saw them?? I will look and see if I can find them again.

Also you might check Epcot at the Food & Wine festival. They usually have a few gardem booths around the worlds and I think I saw a few of them there too.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #193
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
laura is a nurse so one year she got to do the dreams takes flight trip to wdw. A full plane on air canada went to wdw early morning and came home late that day. She was incharge of a few of the kids. What an experience she had. They have a big party the night before in an air canada hanger in toronto. Stay overnight and fly down on special flight. The kids are either really ill or are from very poor families.

That's an awesome thing to do.
I bet she had a great time with the kids.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #194
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WE HAVE NEVER USED BOARDING TIMES. WE HAVE ALWAYS ARRIVED AROUND 130PMISH AND WALKED RIGHT ON. THATS WHAT WE DID THIS PAST SEPT ON MEMBER CRUISE. WE BECOME PLATINUM RIGHT AFTER THIS CRUISE IM SURE THEY TOLD ME PLATINUM COULD BOARD EARLY. I HAVE TO CALL DCL ANYWAYS TO CHANGE OUR DINING BACK TO LATE DINING. I FORGOT EARLY DINING MEANS EARLIER GETTING UP ON LAST DAY FOR BREAKFAST. IF YOUR ON THE SHIP BEFORE US, HAPPY LIMO IS PICKING US UP AT OKW AT 11AM, YOU MAY HEAR A GREETING OF THE DUDLEY DOORIGHT FAMILY THAT WILL BE US. I DID THAT ON THE MEMBER CRUISE TOLD THEM WE WERE THE DOORIGHTS FROM CANADA

Greg always wants to tell them he is Clem Kadiddlehopper. but I won't let him.

kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #195
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Greg always wants to tell them he is Clem Kadiddlehopper. but I won't let him.

kathy
I USUALLY MAKE MICKEY EARS ON CANADIAN TOQUES TO WEAR. I WILL POST A PHOTO. I WILL WEAR MINE TO BOARD I DONT THINK THE REST OF OUR GROUP WILL I WAS GOING TO MAKE 7 FOR THE GANGWAY PHOTO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: