Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #151
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Here is one of the many towel animals who will greet you each day in your cabin. I love the class to learn to make them on board. Be sure and check that out in your Navigator.

Me chilling out on deck 10 Forward on the Magic by the elevators. It i one of the quiet spots on the ship. Now before you holler at me, i only put my feet on the table for the photo and i did wipe it down afterwars so it was clean for people to use!

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #152
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

deck 10 which is windy but great for a stroll anytime of day or night.

Any dog lovers out there??
I think a cruise line should have 1 ship dedicated to a cruise where we could bring our dogs. I even have plans in my head how to design it to keep it safe and fun for dogs and people alike and to keep dogs separated when you want. Now I just need 50 million dollars to build it.
I know , I am crazy but you better get use to it because you will be stuck on the ship for 4 days with me.

Here are my 2 girls who would love to do a cruise.

Who else has pictures to share?
Dont be shy, you'll probably never see any of us again after this cruise so share some photos and get aquainted.
Its a great ice breaker for everyone.

If you dont have Disey photos, then add any vacation photo, we dont mind. It will help everyone to get aquianted before the crusie.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #153
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Ok, to show what a Disney nut I am here are some photos of my last house and how I set it up.
I have moved since then and havnt decorated yet.

My dining room is a Pirate party. The pirate scarfs and eye patches and gold coins are from the party on the ship. plates and wooden accessories are from Nassau. The glasses are for sale the first afternoon around the pools with yummy tropical drinks in them.

My Dsney pirates are looking for a treasure map , which is actually the Pirate menu from the ship. King Louie has it under his arm as he swings from my light;

Pirate Pluto

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #154
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

I forgot on those last photos if you look in the back ground into the china closet its full of Disney stuff too.

Ok, now to the pool area.
My husband is great. i wanted Disney characters around the pool, so here he is drawing some silouettes and painting them onto out pool deck.

You can see them placed around the pool on the deck

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #155
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

This is one of the saddest sights you will see on the cruise.
The last afternoon as you're leaving Castaway Cay the crew waves goodbye. You know the next time you get off the ship you'll be back at Port Canaveral. The only cure for this sadness is to dash back inside and book another cruise as fast as you can!!

Ok I have to have a happy photo after that sad one. This is the sight that will give you butterflies in your stomach as you pass through these Magical ears to board the ship for the first time.

Ok, enough photo from me for now.
I am off to see who I can send a PM to to get them back here posting. This Magical cruise will be here so fast that everyone needs to get started posting now.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #156
TINKERCARA
Earning My Ears

I think the answer is Della Duck she is also the mother of Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck. "Dumbella" is what her twin brother Donald Duck called her...
TINKERCARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #157
Shoevg
Past Cast & Crew Member

Favorite Activity

So it seems like we have some vetern cruisers here, and a few new ones....but what is your favorite activity on the ship to do? Meaning the cruise won't be the same without it. And if your a new cruiser, what is the activity you are looking forward to the most?

Mine is that we always get a verandah and I love sitting out there watching the ship dock or pull away from the dock. There is just something so peaceful when the ship is docking. It means excitement for a new day to explore and see new sights. I aslo love just sitting out there and listening to the water crash against the ship. We love to leave our door open and sleep with that sound...so relaxing. Makes the cruise so peaceful and relaxing. I always say I sleep so good on the ship...like a baby being rocked to sleep.

I also love the different activites. Trivia, dance party, comedy shows...I love to be busy and the ship is great for that. If you are new to cruising, don't try to do everything, it will just make you crazy and stressed. Just do what looks fun and book another cruise to do what you didn't do this cruise.

It's making me excited just typing this post thinking about all the fun things!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #158
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

Awesome pictures

OK...Now I am really getting excited all over again. I get so caught up in the experience that I forget to take pictures. I hope this time I can overcome the excitement...lol would love to be making my own photobook.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #159
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKERCARA View Post
I think the answer is Della Duck she is also the mother of Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck. "Dumbella" is what her twin brother Donald Duck called her...

Your right

Her full name is Della Thelma Duck

I never knew until last year that they were twins but that is exactly what I was asking about.

AWESOME!!

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #160
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoevg View Post
So it seems like we have some vetern cruisers here, and a few new ones....but what is your favorite activity on the ship to do? Meaning the cruise won't be the same without it. And if your a new cruiser, what is the activity you are looking forward to the most?

Mine is that we always get a verandah and I love sitting out there watching the ship dock or pull away from the dock. There is just something so peaceful when the ship is docking. It means excitement for a new day to explore and see new sights. I aslo love just sitting out there and listening to the water crash against the ship. We love to leave our door open and sleep with that sound...so relaxing. Makes the cruise so peaceful and relaxing. I always say I sleep so good on the ship...like a baby being rocked to sleep.

I also love the different activites. Trivia, dance party, comedy shows...I love to be busy and the ship is great for that. If you are new to cruising, don't try to do everything, it will just make you crazy and stressed. Just do what looks fun and book another cruise to do what you didn't do this cruise.

It's making me excited just typing this post thinking about all the fun things!

What i look forward to the most this time is seeing a new ship I have never been on before.
For activities , I love the shows and trivia on board.

I too love the rocking for sleeping accept for one night we had 35 foot swells and 65 MPH cross winds and it rolled me out of bed onto the floor
That was quite a trip!!

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #161
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

This is so great, people are posting today

I always have a hard time remembering names and many here didnt post their names on their posts.

So i would like to ask a favor from all of you. For the next few days could you please sign your first name after your post so I can associate your names with your posting names.

I hate to call you," Hey You "on the cruise
Thank you,

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #162
WVDisGeek
Mouseketeer

My DW (Felicia) and I (Chris) are looking forward to this trip. It will be our second cruise. The first was on the Wonder in December of 2010. We have been to WDW MANY times since our honeymoon in 1997. We are just getting started with our cruise addiction! I think the thing I most look forward to are the early mornings on deck when it is just me, my camera and the ship. I know my DW loves sitting on the veranda and just watching the ocean go by. Looking forward to meeting all of you in a few short weeks!

Proud Pentaxian!! K1000, A3000, K200D, Pentax 50mm f/2.0, Pentax 18-55mm Kit Lens, Pentax 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3, Pentax 50mmf/1.4, Super Albinar 28mm f/2.8, Super Albinar 135mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70 and always looking for the next addition to my lens collection!

WVDisGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #163
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Howdy Chris,
Thank you for telling me your name. I appreciate it.

I think my first trivia question was too easy so here's aharder one.
Remember, NO cheating by googling for the answers

Trivia question #2

What is the name of the peg leg sidekick to the villian in the movie The Great Mouse Detective??

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #164
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

For mom...lol

I am sorry. I forget you just started posting on this one so you didn't see our names from earlier. I posted everything for DVC Nut for the FE group.

I am Melinda and my DH is Rick and my DGD is Jade (8 ) our room number is 6112. The other family that is coming with us has never been to Disney or on a cruise of any kind before so I don't knowif I am more excited for us or them....maybe a bit of both.
Their names are DH Richard, DW Jenny and their, DGD Kay (6 or 7). Their room number is 6114. We are from Western Kentucky and I am excited to be participating in my first FE group. THe other family is too. I finally have my FE's done and can't wait til everyone gets them. I hope they will be memorable.

I do have one question....... WHen do we finalize the list so I know how many of each gift to bring.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #165
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle4 View Post
i am sorry. I forget you just started posting on this one so you didn't see our names from earlier. I posted everything for dvc nut for the fe group.

I am melinda and my dh is rick and my dgd is jade (8 ) our room number is 6112. The other family that is coming with us has never been to disney or on a cruise of any kind before so i don't knowif i am more excited for us or them....maybe a bit of both.
Their names are dh richard, dw jenny and their, dgd kay (6 or 7). Their room number is 6114. We are from western kentucky and i am excited to be participating in my first fe group. The other family is too. I finally have my fe's done and can't wait til everyone gets them. I hope they will be memorable.

I do have one question....... When do we finalize the list so i know how many of each gift to bring.
im going to look back thru the posts i think it was the beginning of nov.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: