Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Cool PRE TRIP REPORT-7 Days in Heaven - January 2-8

PRE-TRIP REPORT JANUARY 2012

Come one, call all to a fabulous festive family trip to the happiest place on earth. Where is that you might ask? SeaWorld?? No silly gooses, DISNEY WORLD!!! We looooove Disney World. It has been our dream since we learned early on that you actually have to work for things in life, (weird concept, I know, boggles my mind daily) to work at Disney, but alas it has yet to happen; probably because we don’t apply ourselves ( boy, do I hear about that all the time). I always wanted to be Alice I think she is just awesome with her pretty hair and her headbands. Danielle always wanted to be a dancer, she got to perform there once with school, and it made her life. This trip is a little different than the last since we will have parental supervision however, have no fear, Danielle and I will still be living the dream. Perhaps I should introduce the family; there are some newbie’s and some oldies. We will start with the oldies.

Hi everyone, my name is Lauren. You might remember me from our last TR in May 2011 – Two Girls in the World with No Parents Allowed. I am finishing my final semester at school once we return from Disney so this trip is a much needed break from my regular life. All things Disney are always a nice distraction from things I should be doing like ooooh homework, reading, studying, and all those silly things. This will be my 19th year returning to Disney, we have been going since I was 7 years old. We use to go with our Aunt and Uncle who live in St. Augustine but now we are just too quick for them.

Favourite Theme Park: Animal Kingdom, I love all things animal!!
Favourite Quick-Service: Peco Bills
Favourite Table-Service: 1900 Park Fare Breakfast with Alice
Favourite Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favourite Disney Characters: Alice, White Rabbit, and Pluto
Favourite Disney Movies: Lion King, Alice in Wonderland, and Sword in the Stone
Favourite Disney Songs: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and When You Wish Upon a Star

This is my sister Danielle. She is in her 3rd year of Social Work and always needs a break from her regular life at work, especially after the busy Christmas season. She has been going to Disney since she was 6 months old, just a little baby. She always has a tough time leaving home since her fabulous boyfriend is there and doesn’t have free time to join us in Disney. We are trying to get him to make time for another trip in May again once school is done, everyone keep your fingers crossed. If this happens it will be his very FIRST trip to Disney ever in his life (his parents don’t believe in theme park fun). We can’t tell if he is excited or not.

Favourite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite Quick-Service: Main Street Bakery
Favourite Table-Service: Kona
Favourite Ride: Thunder Mountain
Favourite Disney Characters: Hercules, Rapunzel, and Tantor
Favourite Disney Movies: Toy Story, Tangled, and Tarzan (and also the letter ‘T’ I guess)
Favourite Disney Songs: You’ll be in My Heart, When Will My Life Begin

These are our parents, for all intensive purposes we will call them Mom and Dad on this trip. My Mom is super sketch about having her picture on the internet, like she is a convict or something. My Mom didn’t go till Disney till she was 30 years old and now she is trying to catch up for missed time going at any opportunity that presents itself in her busy work life. My Dad has had a similar upbringing to ours with his family visiting Florida every spring break. Now, Dad pretends he is not a total Disney freak, but we all know, deep down, that he secretly loves Disney because he is always down for the cause. The parents will be our financial support for this trip.

Favourite Theme Park: EPCOT
Favourite Quick-Service: Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace
Favourite Table-Service: Le Cellier Steakhouse
Favourite Ride: Haunted Mansion (Mom) – Test Track (Dad)
Favourite Disney Characters: Snow White, Ariel, and Mickey (M) – Goofy (D)
Favourite Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid (M) – Mary Poppins (D)
Favourite Disney Songs: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (M) – Chim-Chimney (D)

Now, on with the good stuff, here is the information about our fabulous upcoming trip that you are dying to know. We will be flying down on January 2 and returning to cold Ontario on January 8 just in time for school to start on the 9th (BOO). We will be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and we will be ON THE DISNEY DINING PLAN. We had tossed the idea back and forth of getting a suite at Coronado Springs but once we looked at the pricing, it was less money to get Two adjoining rooms at POR. We always fly Delta because they rock (SkyMiles woo hoo). We have made reservations for the following:

Whispering Canyon
Le Cellier
Tusker House
Le Chefs de France
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona

so you have all that excitement to look forward to, as well as, some crazy Canadian shenanigans. Thank you for tuning in to our second TR, we hope you enjoy it, let us know what you think as we go, we love to hear all about your experiences as well.

ALL ABOARD FOR THE PRE TRIP REPORT... CHOO CHOO WOO WOO

Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Cool 12 days to go, countdown to disney

12 DAYS TO GO, COUNTDOWN TO DISNEY

We just finished school this past week and after a weekend of much needed relaxation, we decided that this was the week to get Disney organized. We started making our lists and checking them twice, nothing is worse than getting to Disney and realizing you forgot your toothbrush at home and having to buy one for $5.00. We were going to start packing clothes but our mother suggested that perhaps we should wait till after Christmas, maybe Santa will have brought us something nice to wear.

And our lovely christmas tree decorations,

We would love to see everyone elses Disney tree decorations that they have; we're looking for some new ones to get this trip.

Danielle got crafty the other night and made this little diddy up to keep on the fridge. It reminds me every morning when I go for juice that Disney is quickly approaching.

We also went to Dollarama today and picked up these gems for next to nothing, you’ve gotta love the dollar store. Maybe tonight we will get even more crafty, who knows.

Now that school is on hiatus, we are finding ourselves with more and more free time.

Stay tuned for more pre-Disney fun!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

11 DAYS TO GO, COUNTDOWN TO DISNEY

We went to Home Depot last night and picked up our obligatory green Mickey heads and got our craft on while we watched Toy Story 2. I had forgotten how sad the part with Jessie and the box was, what a tear jerker.

Danielle found these awesome Disney tattoos at work and came home and surprised me with them. We will definately be sporting a Daisy Duck to breakfast at the Tusker House.

Christmas is in 3 days and family is coming down from out of town so we've been cleaning likea bunch of little elves. Christmas is exciting but we are really looking forward to New Years Day and fabulous Disney World!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

6 DAYS TILL DISNEY WORLD

We took a short haitus from DIS for the Christmas holidays. We had family down from the big city and my grandparents think it is rude if we are on the computer.

Any way, for breakfast on day 13 we had some delicious Mickey pancakes, courtesy of moi

We've been trying to find time to pack but it is difficult when you have to hide it from our sad little dog Toby. He doesn't like the suit cases and thinks everyone is leaving him all the time.

Day 10 was Christmas Eve Eve, and my parents had just gotten home from Toronto. We were quickly trying to get everything set up for dinner the following evening.

These are some of the delicious desserts I made for Christmas company.

Starting at the butter tarts going clockwise - Buttertarts, Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies, Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing, and Almond Cherry Tarts.... there was obviously no predisney diet going on here.

For Christmas Eve dinner we always have the family over and the boyfriends. It was an eventful evening since the firealarms would not stop going off and the dog was terrified (that is why he is on my lap at the table).

I am going to attempt to pack my suitcase tonight since we leave in less than a week. Any tips from anyone on what to pack, I always feel like I never have enough. What is the weather like there right now? Shorts or long pants? Jacket or sweaters? Any help is appreciated since I cannot jam everything I own into one carry on no matter how hard I try.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I am absolutely in love with your fridge countdown. I am totally going to do that tomorrow. We have 37 days before our vacation but that's okay.

I wish I could help with packing tips but since February is my first ever trip to WDW I have absolutely no idea what to pack. Hope your trip is awesome!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I am absolutely in love with your fridge countdown. I am totally going to do that tomorrow. We have 37 days before our vacation but that's okay.

I wish I could help with packing tips but since February is my first ever trip to WDW I have absolutely no idea what to pack. Hope your trip is awesome!
Congratulations on your first trip to Disney World, it's going to be great!! We've been a few times in March and it's a little chilly, but we try to squeeze in shorts. 37 days will fly by; we have four days left and are trying to rush to finish everything now. When we get back we will let you know how the January weather was so you can gauge the February weather.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We're really excited. We have lived in Seattle, even though we're northern California girls now, so we're not too concerned about cool weather. Layering always works. I'm just hoping there won't be any rain!

February 2012 - CBR
Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Ya it tends to rain a lot in when we are there, we just always seem to make the best of it. We always bring our own ponchos from the dollar store that way we don't have to buy Disney ones for $8.00. So far so good for us, we've been checking the weather religiously and it just looks chilly.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

4 DAYS TILL DISNEY

Today was an exciting day; Dad went back to Toronto on Christmas because he had work and he called home today and said he was sick and that Mom needed to come to Toronto. We had a frantic morning but eventually got it all sorted out and Danielle and I took Mom to the train for 13:45.

Once we had dropped Mom off, since we were already out we decided that shopping was in order. We went to Chapters and picked up these fabulous calendars for 50% off, gotta love boxing week sales.

Danielle got a new Disney shirt for our vacation since apparently I misplaced a bag with some of our t-shirts in it; she needed a replacement since she did not have one for every day.

Once we got home, we decided thank you cards were in order since we would not have time to do them once we get home from our vacation since school will be starting. We busted out the supplies and got crafty.

Danielle wanted to test drive the new Cricut machine so she cut some vinyl decorations for the vacation.

We decided tonight was a good night to be exceptionally Canadian and make delicious poutine for dinner. Again, the predisney diet is off.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

SAD NEWS - 2 Days Till Disney

Sad news on New Years Eve .

Dad is still sick and doesn't know if he will be able to join us in Disney World. He's been sick since Mom went home a few days again and doesn't feel like he is getting any better. We are still waiting it out to see, they are driving back home tonight from Toronto just incase he is feeling well enough to come. We'll keep everyone posted, for the time being send happy get well soon thoughts our way.

Good news is that if Dad is sick then we wont need the dog sitter to come stay at the house with little baby Toby. I always hate leaving the little guy behind and he does not do well in kennels so it will be nice for him to have a friendly face he knows and loves around the house in the event Dad does not come.

This is Toby as Peter Pan for Halloween.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Thinking good thoughts for your Dad, hope all goes well.

February 2012 - CBR
Old 01-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, he seems to be doing better today. He may need a wheel chair at the airport, he is still very dizzy but he is getting better by the hour. We leave today for Detroit and the weather looks great in sunny Orlando, we couldn't ask for anything more
Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!! Sorry for the delay. When we got home we apparently came back to a house from the 1800’s. Our internet was down and has been for weeks! I am happy to report that our internet has officially been fixed (finally) and Lauren and I will be starting the TR as soon as school gives us a chance. We had such a great time and cannot wait to share it will all of our fellow Disney lovers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: