Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #226
KEichman
Mouseketeer

Hi,

For roll call, our family is looking forward to this cruise: Me (Kathi), dh (Tim) and dd (Tess, age 11)

We've had this booked since the first month of booking, and were so excited (and waiting so long!), we grabbed a VGT on the Magic last August for a great cruise with the in-laws. We had a blast, and now are really excited for the Fantasy.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #227
aamsmom
Earning My Ears

Hi All!

Thanks mummylee ... for sharing my desire to meet everyone in person! Can't imagine NOT having a face to a name?! Since you're coming from far away ... even more so! Hopefully others will also, I'll look into finding the best location on the ship ... and figure out a time that won't interfere with dinners/shows etc. The time together can be a short or as long as folks want, but at least a hello and a photo!? Stand by for more ...

Hey Keichman ... will you please share what a VGT might be? I'm guessing it has something to do with a bonus trip for booking a cruise, while you're on a cruise?!! We've been on two, but have never even stopped at that desk while on board. Up until this trip, we've been able to book last minute, at rates of 50-60% off, so I guess we never thought we could get a deal that was as good?!! I'm very curious! Thanks!

For you moms with little girls ... I was browsing earlier today and came across this idea for costumes. It's an Etsy shop (I can't post links or images yet), but if you are talented and so inclined ... looks like a relatively easy DIY project! She uses one simple dress pattern (elastic openings for easy on and off) and fabrics to match the Disney Princess' gowns. Wishing my DD was little again ... she loved dress up and all things Princess! Silly me ... I bought the costumes at the parks?!! The Etsy shop is called 'mykidsdrawers' and the shop owner is Jody. Take a look!

Have a great day!
Lisa

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - February 2015
Disney Wonder - 5 night Western Caribbean - April 2014
All Star Movies Resort - October 2013
Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - April 2013
Disney Magic - 11 night Mediterranean - July 2011
Saratoga Springs - March 2010
Disney's Boardwalk - August 2009
Disney Magic - 7 night Western Caribbean - Thanksgiving 2008
All Star Music Resort - February 2007
Caribbean Beach Resort - February 2001
Fort Wilderness Resort - December 1996
aamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #228
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamsmom View Post
Hi Everyone!

So excited to be able to connect with others before our cruise! I'll apologize up front for faux pas and posting errors ... it's been years since I've participated in a forum discussion group ... but I've just read through the 15 pages of this one ... so feeling like I (sort of) know everyone already!!

Our history ...

This cruise is to celebrate my fabulous 50th birthday with my 15 year old daughter and our close friends, who also love all things Disney! My family (also includes DH, DS21, and DS18) have been on two previous cruises on the Magic. Western Caribbean over Thanksgiving 2009, and Mediterranean Summer 2011. This cruise will be the first for our dear friends, but they are DVC members (Vero Beach). ***I need pointers on how to add all the cool links? photos? countdown buttons to my posts?***

Even though we've cruised twice before, since the kids were older, we have not participated in FE exchanges. It sounds like tons of fun and I'd love to join in for both families (as a surprise for our friends) ... just wondering how ya'll handle the different ages when deciding on gifts? Keep them age specific, then have something different for everyone? Or maybe just a family gift? What's the appropriate amount of money that's usually spent per family? Please give me your feedback. Again, I'm looking for a way to make our friends' first Disney cruise a really special one.

Regardless of whether we join in the FE ... would love to have the group get together on embarkation day for a photo and meet and greet. Any ideas? Need someone to organize?? I'd be happy to do my fair share!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! We are also from Marietta, GA ... it's always fun to meet new people, but also fun to have someone from home!

Now it's off to the gym, so that I'll be "Spring Break Ready" (according to DD!)
Lisa
Welcome to the Cruise, I have updated the FE list with your info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommynurseof2 View Post
Hey Everyone!
I guess I'm better late than never. My DH Ron, DS Evan(6), and DD Emily(4) and I (Susan), will be joining in on this cruise. We definitely want in on the FE fun!! Please add the Grant family to the list. We will be in cabin 9079. I am also proud to say we are from the Atlanta area...Canton to be exact. This will be our first Disney cruise, my DH and I have a lot of other cruises under our belts. The kiddos are still in the dark for now. I'm trying to delay the "are we there yet" type of questions for now.
Welcome, you have also been included in the FE list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfriendminnie View Post
Hi everyone I'm so excited about this cruise. I also will be celebrating my 50th birthday as well as my 20th wedding anniversary. I look forward to meeting new people. On this trip it will be my DH and myself. No children. Sorry not from Georgia but from Michigan. However one of my grand-sons was born there in Savannah. My Georgia peach. First time ever posting anything. I usually just read whatever anyone else to say. Not sure what this FE is, but I will opt out.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPeach View Post
Hi, we just booked this cruise. It will be myself, my husband, our 7 y/o son, and in a second cabin, my husbands parents. We're working on convincing our neighbors (my son's bff) to book this cruise also.

We originally were planning to go on the 12/29/12 Fantasy cruise, but my beautiful mother passed away that very morning. We had trip insurance, if anyone wonders, but is afraid to ask.

This is my son's spring break week so he won't have to miss any school.

I've done fe in the past. I think I'll wait until closer to the deadline to decide if I'm going to participate. I have a lot on my plate right now.
Welcome, sorry to hear about your mom's passing
Just let me know if you decide you want to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEichman View Post
Hi,

For roll call, our family is looking forward to this cruise: Me (Kathi), dh (Tim) and dd (Tess, age 11)

We've had this booked since the first month of booking, and were so excited (and waiting so long!), we grabbed a VGT on the Magic last August for a great cruise with the in-laws. We had a blast, and now are really excited for the Fantasy.
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #229
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

aamsmom, thanks for the Etsy seller info!
Mommynurseof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #230
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I will update the roll call list sometime today. I think I have a couple people to add.

I am definitely up for a meet and greet! I think it would be fun, especially since we aren't doing the FE this trip.

Thanks for the etsy info! My oldest is only going to wear one princess dress...on Prince & Princess night, I believe. She is in that age where she still kind of thinks like a kid, but wants to be more like a teenager sometimes, so it's a good compromise. I think my youngest has decided on taking Tiana, Jasmine, and Cinderella for dinners. They have matching dresses for formal and semi-formal nights and then they are doing Pirates League.

They are also wearing matching dresses for embarkation. Since we have main dinner, we usually just dress in clothes that are comfy, but can also be worn to dinner so we don't have to worry about getting ready again. It usually works as long as we wear nice sundresses.

Right now, I'm searching for hair accessories. The store I used to get our hair bows from has really cut down their selection of bows. If anyone in the Marietta/Atlanta area knows of a good store to get good hair bows, please let me know! Or if you know a good etsy seller that makes great hair accessories. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #231
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

MissLiz, check out Bows By Melody on Facebook. She makes just about anything, even princess bows. Her prices are amazing! She lives in Canton, but she's willing to ship. Just a thought
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #232
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommynurseof2 View Post
MissLiz, check out Bows By Melody on Facebook. She makes just about anything, even princess bows. Her prices are amazing! She lives in Canton, but she's willing to ship. Just a thought
Oooh! I could even go to Canton, that's not a big deal.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #233
JulieA
Earning My Ears

Late Arrival

My husband thought it would be fun to find other people taking the April 6th cruise (Disney Fantasy) and he stumbled across this forum. Not sure if I understand all the abbreviations but we have 2 daughters (8 & 10) and live 30min NE of Atlanta (Dacula). Anyone else in my area?

OK, Can someone clue me in on the FE? Not sure what that is. Does anyone know anything about the Castaway Club? What is BBB, I keep seeing this abbreviation listed?

Julie

Last edited by JulieA; 01-16-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: More info
JulieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #234
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Hi Julie! Welcome!

We are in Marietta and I believe there are quite a few other people from Marietta and Canton on the list. That's about as close as I have seen to you so far.

I can answer a couple of your questions, I think. DH, DW, DD, and DS all are designations for family members: husband, wife, daughter, son. I believe that the official abbreviation stands for Dear Husband or Dear Son, but I always think of it as Disney Husband, etc, because I'm a Disneyaholic.

I will let someone else explain the Fish Extender (FE) list since we've never participated in one and all I know about the Castaway Club is that it's the frequent cruiser program for Disney cruises. BBB is Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Please feel free to join in. I have a feeling we are going to get a little more chatty as we get closer to the cruise. And welcome again!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #235
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieA View Post
My husband thought it would be fun to find other people taking the April 6th cruise (Disney Fantasy) and he stumbled across this forum. Not sure if I understand all the abbreviations but we have 2 daughters (8 & 10) and live 30min NE of Atlanta (Dacula). Anyone else in my area?

OK, Can someone clue me in on the FE? Not sure what that is. Does anyone know anything about the Castaway Club? What is BBB, I keep seeing this abbreviation listed?

Julie
Welcome aboard!

Here is a general link to what fish extenders are:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #236
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Updated roll call 1/17/13

MissLiz - DH, DD10, DD3
mjruane - DH, DS13, DS10
mummy lee - DS15, DD12
Katie81 - DH, DD6, DS2(3), parents
hoppin62 - DW, DD13(14), DD9, DD9
twins3disney - plus twins11
smootenloopers
jmb910 - DH, DD5, DD2.5
HillBre11 - DH, DD5.5, DD2.5
ALBA - DH, DD6, DS3
lafa - DH, DS9, DD7, inlaws
ScottishMummyof2 - DH, DD13, DD9
PirateJ - DW, DD9, DD6
emmamc252 - DH, DD21months
disdell555
disneywwrjb - DW, DS17, DS12, DD9
SandraLee - DH?, DS17, DD14
tink19782009 -- DH, DD3
lsenquiz -- DH, DS8
TeeVeeTD -- DD15
SurfBug79 -- DH, DS7, DS2
WildernessWendy -- DH, DD8, DS6
aamsmom -- DD15
SusieQ -- DD15
Mommynurseof2 -- DH, DS6, DD4
Myfriendminnie -- DH
HappyPeach -- DH, DS7
HappyPeach's inlaws
KEichman -- DH, DD11
JulieA -- DH, DD10, DD8
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #237
JulieA
Earning My Ears

Thanks for info on FE

OK, can we be added to the FE list, sounds like a cute idea for the my DD's. ps. Thanks for the link on FE, very helpful.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #238
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieA View Post
OK, can we be added to the FE list, sounds like a cute idea for the my DD's. ps. Thanks for the link on FE, very helpful.
Just send me your info and I will add you to the list.
Names, DD's ages, cabin #, family name (optional)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #239
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

For all of you previous DCL cruiser:

My DH and I are avid cruisers! However, this one will be our first DCL cruise. I see many of you are "repeat customers," that have booked additional cruises while being on a DCL cruise. I'm wondering, are the discounts really worth it by booking "on ship"? I'm going to have to start planting seeds in my hubby's head so there's no sticker shock when we investigate booking while on board.

Disney Fantasy 2013 and 2014
WDW-multiple times per year- too many times to count!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #240
JulieA
Earning My Ears

Pending Stateroom

Opted for one of those Gauranteed Stateroom deals so I won't know what cabin # until much closer to cruise. Will just let you know last minute. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: