Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #211
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

OK, the cut-off/closing date for the FE list will be Sunday February the 10th (2/10/13)

This should be plenty of time for everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #212
disneyfanatic83
Earning My Ears

Had to move to May 3rd Cruise

Hey everyone!
We are no longer going on the April 6th cruise We had to move to the May 3rd cruise for various reasons. We were on the Fish Extender list so you will need to remove my family and my in-laws. Thanks and hope you all have a wonderful cruise!
disneyfanatic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #213
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanatic83 View Post
Hey everyone!
We are no longer going on the April 6th cruise We had to move to the May 3rd cruise for various reasons. We were on the Fish Extender list so you will need to remove my family and my in-laws. Thanks and hope you all have a wonderful cruise!
Thanks for letting us know, hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #214
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Updated roll call 1/10/13

MissLiz - DH, DD10, DD3
mjruane - DH, DS13, DS10
mummy lee - DS15, DD12
Katie81 - DH, DD6, DS2(3), parents
hoppin62 - DW, DD13(14), DD9, DD9
twins3disney - plus twins11
smootenloopers
jmb910 - DH, DD5, DD2.5
HillBre11 - DH, DD5.5, DD2.5
ALBA - DH, DD6, DS3
lafa - DH, DS9, DD7, inlaws
ScottishMummyof2 - DH, DD13, DD9
PirateJ - DW, DD9, DD6
emmamc252 - DH, DD21months
disdell555
disneywwrjb - DW, DS17, DS12, DD9
SandraLee - DH?, DS17, DD14
tink19782009 -- DH, DD3
lsenquiz -- DH, DS8
TeeVeeTD -- DD15
SurfBug79 -- DH, DS7, DS2
WildernessWendy -- DH, DD8, DS6
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #215
aamsmom
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

So excited to be able to connect with others before our cruise! I'll apologize up front for faux pas and posting errors ... it's been years since I've participated in a forum discussion group ... but I've just read through the 15 pages of this one ... so feeling like I (sort of) know everyone already!!

Our history ...

This cruise is to celebrate my fabulous 50th birthday with my 15 year old daughter and our close friends, who also love all things Disney! My family (also includes DH, DS21, and DS18) have been on two previous cruises on the Magic. Western Caribbean over Thanksgiving 2009, and Mediterranean Summer 2011. This cruise will be the first for our dear friends, but they are DVC members (Vero Beach). ***I need pointers on how to add all the cool links? photos? countdown buttons to my posts?***

Even though we've cruised twice before, since the kids were older, we have not participated in FE exchanges. It sounds like tons of fun and I'd love to join in for both families (as a surprise for our friends) ... just wondering how ya'll handle the different ages when deciding on gifts? Keep them age specific, then have something different for everyone? Or maybe just a family gift? What's the appropriate amount of money that's usually spent per family? Please give me your feedback. Again, I'm looking for a way to make our friends' first Disney cruise a really special one.

Regardless of whether we join in the FE ... would love to have the group get together on embarkation day for a photo and meet and greet. Any ideas? Need someone to organize?? I'd be happy to do my fair share!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! We are also from Marietta, GA ... it's always fun to meet new people, but also fun to have someone from home!

Now it's off to the gym, so that I'll be "Spring Break Ready" (according to DD!)
Lisa

Last edited by aamsmom; 01-11-2013 at 11:41 PM.
aamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #216
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

So excited

Hey Everyone!
I guess I'm better late than never. My DH Ron, DS Evan(6), and DD Emily(4) and I (Susan), will be joining in on this cruise. We definitely want in on the FE fun!! Please add the Grant family to the list. We will be in cabin 9079. I am also proud to say we are from the Atlanta area...Canton to be exact. This will be our first Disney cruise, my DH and I have a lot of other cruises under our belts. The kiddos are still in the dark for now. I'm trying to delay the "are we there yet" type of questions for now.

Last edited by Mommynurseof2; 01-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Mommynurseof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #217
Myfriendminnie
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I'm so excited about this cruise. I also will be celebrating my 50th birthday as well as my 20th wedding anniversary. I look forward to meeting new people. On this trip it will be my DH and myself. No children. Sorry not from Georgia but from Michigan. However one of my grand-sons was born there in Savannah. My Georgia peach. First time ever posting anything. I usually just read whatever anyone else to say. Not sure what this FE is, but I will opt out.
Myfriendminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #218
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Updated roll call 1/14/13

MissLiz - DH, DD10, DD3
mjruane - DH, DS13, DS10
mummy lee - DS15, DD12
smootenloopers
jmb910 - DH, DD5, DD2.5
ALBA - DH, DD6, DS3
PirateJ - DW, DD9, DD6
disdell555
tink19782009 -- DH, DD3
lsenquiz -- DH, DS8
TeeVeeTD -- DD15
aamsmom -- DH, DS21, DS18, DD15 and friends
Mommynurseof2 -- DH, DS6, DD4
Myfriendminnie -- DH
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #219
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new folks!

We just can't wait to get going on the cruise! I've already started a packing area in one of our closets to put all of the girls' dresses that we are taking. Since they are almost all spring/summer dresses, I figured they wouldn't need them much before we go.

All of the princess dresses have been cleaned, matching shoes are being found (since they were all packed away in different places), and we are trying to decide if we will need any more luggage. We are considering getting a better garment bag for our dress clothes, but I think that's all we will need.

I know that I am going to overpack and I've come to terms with that.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #220
aamsmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks MissLiz!
Sorry for confusion on my part ... but on this cruise we will only be:

Me (aamsmom, AKA Lisa) and DD15 (Mallory). Stateroom 7564

plus our Dear Friends (let's call her SusieQ, AKA Susan) and DD15 (Abby). Stateroom 7566

Two separate families, two separate staterooms. Again, sorry for the confusion!

Spent most of the weekend "researching" (tee hee) FE's ... it looks like so much fun, and I think I've figured out that almost anything goes, so count all of us in! I'm surprising our friends with this ... so will be doing double duty before we go, but the girls will enjoy passing them out and they'll feel like seasoned cruisers on their first!

It's a rainy day ... maybe I'll do some more "research"?!! Have a great week!

Last edited by aamsmom; 01-14-2013 at 01:23 PM.
aamsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #221
HappyPeach
Mouseketeer

Hi, we just booked this cruise. It will be myself, my husband, our 7 y/o son, and in a second cabin, my husbands parents. We're working on convincing our neighbors (my son's bff) to book this cruise also.

We originally were planning to go on the 12/29/12 Fantasy cruise, but my beautiful mother passed away that very morning. We had trip insurance, if anyone wonders, but is afraid to ask.

This is my son's spring break week so he won't have to miss any school.

I've done fe in the past. I think I'll wait until closer to the deadline to decide if I'm going to participate. I have a lot on my plate right now.
4 day Disney Wonder, June 2007 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2010 -*- 4 day Disney Wonder, May 2010 -*- 7 day Western Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2011 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, April 2011 -*- 5 day Disney Dream, January 2012 -*- 7 day Disney Fantasy, April 2013 -*-12 day EBTA Disney Magic, May 2014

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

HappyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #222
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

No worries, Lisa! So, it's just a girls' week. How fun is that?!

HappyPeach -- so sorry for your loss! I'm sure you have a lot on your mind right now. Welcome to the thread. Even with the unfortunate circumstances, we are happy to have you.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #223
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

MissLiz - DH, DD10, DD3
mjruane - DH, DS13, DS10
mummy lee - DS15, DD12
smootenloopers
jmb910 - DH, DD5, DD2.5
ALBA - DH, DD6, DS3
PirateJ - DW, DD9, DD6
disdell555
tink19782009 -- DH, DD3
lsenquiz -- DH, DS8
TeeVeeTD -- DD15
aamsmom -- DD15
SusieQ -- DD15
Mommynurseof2 -- DH, DS6, DD4
Myfriendminnie -- DH
HappyPeach -- DH, DS7
HappyPeach's inlaws
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #224
mjruane
Earning My Ears

FE List Names

Hello All...

After looking over the FE list, could you please make sure we have everyone's first names on the list in case some of us (me!) are doing personalized gifts.

Thanks!
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #225
mummy lee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamsmom View Post
Hi Everyone!

So excited to be able to connect with others before our cruise! I'll apologize up front for faux pas and posting errors ... it's been years since I've participated in a forum discussion group ... but I've just read through the 15 pages of this one ... so feeling like I (sort of) know everyone already!!

Our history ...

This cruise is to celebrate my fabulous 50th birthday with my 15 year old daughter and our close friends, who also love all things Disney! My family (also includes DH, DS21, and DS18) have been on two previous cruises on the Magic. Western Caribbean over Thanksgiving 2009, and Mediterranean Summer 2011. This cruise will be the first for our dear friends, but they are DVC members (Vero Beach). ***I need pointers on how to add all the cool links? photos? countdown buttons to my posts?***

Even though we've cruised twice before, since the kids were older, we have not participated in FE exchanges. It sounds like tons of fun and I'd love to join in for both families (as a surprise for our friends) ... just wondering how ya'll handle the different ages when deciding on gifts? Keep them age specific, then have something different for everyone? Or maybe just a family gift? What's the appropriate amount of money that's usually spent per family? Please give me your feedback. Again, I'm looking for a way to make our friends' first Disney cruise a really special one.

Regardless of whether we join in the FE ... would love to have the group get together on embarkation day for a photo and meet and greet. Any ideas? Need someone to organize?? I'd be happy to do my fair share!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! We are also from Marietta, GA ... it's always fun to meet new people, but also fun to have someone from home!

Now it's off to the gym, so that I'll be "Spring Break Ready" (according to DD!)
Lisa

We would love to attend a group get together as neither of our other 2 cruises had one and it would be lovely to put a face to the names x
mummy lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: