Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #196
ALBA
Mouseketeer

Hi MissLiz

We need to spend a while in Florida to make the most of our flight cost, it's been getting more and more expensive each year and we try to visit for 2.5 - 3 weeks to make the most of it....it does help that we love Disney and Florida. Hope you had a nice time in november.

I booked BBB for around 4pm as I thought my daughter would like to enjoy some pool time, also we have the castaway club reception that day and there are some other tastings we want to do in the afternoon. DH needs time to get ready as he usually wears his dress kilt outfit for formal night which takes a long time to put on....it takes him longer than me to get ready and that's very unusual

My daughter had BBB done last time on the Fantasy and there was no discomfort whilst getting her hair done, I was a bit worried but the lady was really gentle and it stayed in really well...so don't think your youngest should worry.

What time is your brunch booked for? We booked for 11am but not sure if we should have gone for a bit earlier, I think we had 10.30 last time. I really enjoyed the brunch, our server was great and we had her again on our Palo dinner.

Hope your girls enjoy pirate leage, the costumes looked great.

We did St Thomas before we had children, we hired a car and toured the island. This time we think we might just stay around the Charlotte Amalie area. As for San Juan, not sure what to do there, I haven't really researched other than people were saying there is two forts you can visit.

LOL re your comment about driving to the cruise so you could pack heavier. I usually try and pack as little as possible and we leave some items with bell services at the WDW resort.

Alba
2005 Thailand, Florida (Orlando & St Augustine), Dubai, Malaysia
2006 New baby arrived Apr 23rd, Oct-Orlando, Dec-Dubai
2007 Florida Tour, DVC member SSR, Dubai x 2, Orlando, Mauritius
2008 Dubai (May & Aug), Florida (Apr & Oct), DVC member AKV
2009 3 week Florida Tour (Anna Maria Island, Key West, Orlando), Dubai, Baby No2 arrived 2 Nov
2010 3 weeks in April/May BWV, DCL, SSR, Anna Maria Island....3 weeks in June/July Orlando...theme park overload
2011 Florida...Apr 3 week tour (OKW, Disney Dream & Anna Maria Island) Dubai x 2(June & Dec)
2012 Florida Added SSR DVC (April - Orlando & Disney Fantasy) (Aug - Anna Maria Island, Orlando & Vero Beach)
2013 Apr - Orlando & Disney Fantasy Eastern (San Juan) Aug - Anna Maria & Orlando
2014 Apr - Orlando & Disney Fantasy Eastern, Aug - Dubai
ALBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #197
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Oh, Alba, let me tell you how much I would love to go on that long of a vacation! I understand trying to get the most for your money, though.

November was nice. I was really hoping to be able to see some of the Christmas decorations while we were there, but they didn't go up until the day we left. We did get to enjoy the New Fantasyland during the DVC preview. That worked out well.

Our brunch is at 11, as well, on the 2nd sea day. I figured that our girls will wake up early (as usual), so we'll have an early breakfast with them before they go to the kids' club. I should be a little hungry by 11.

We are just going to wander in San Juan. I've done one of the forts, so we may go to the other one this time. We just really enjoy walking around San Juan. We may have to use the free shuttle this trip. We are not bringing the stroller because of the cobblestone streets, so my little one may not last very long.

My youngest keeps telling her teacher that she is going on a Disney cruise next week. Last week it was next week. This week it's next week. She doesn't quite have the concept of time yet.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #198
ALBA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb910 View Post
Thank you so much for checking!!! Yeah, this makes me happy that there are still so many slots left! Thanks again .

Also, what princess choices are there? Do they have Merida? Thank you.
Unfortunately no Merida. The usual princesses, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Tinkerbell, Tiana, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Rapunzel and also first mate Minnie and Princess Minnie......I don't know if the last two are only available on the ship.

Alba
2009 3 week Florida Tour (Anna Maria Island, Key West, Orlando), Dubai, Baby No2 arrived 2 Nov
2010 3 weeks in April/May BWV, DCL, SSR, Anna Maria Island....3 weeks in June/July Orlando...theme park overload
2011 Florida...Apr 3 week tour (OKW, Disney Dream & Anna Maria Island) Dubai x 2(June & Dec)
2012 Florida Added SSR DVC (April - Orlando & Disney Fantasy) (Aug - Anna Maria Island, Orlando & Vero Beach)
2013 Apr - Orlando & Disney Fantasy Eastern (San Juan) Aug - Anna Maria & Orlando
Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #199
ALBA
Mouseketeer

MissLiz

Shame about the Christmas decorations. We would like to go at Christmas, but from what I've been reading it has been so busy this year. We had friends from the UK visit last year and they said it was busy but they didn't mention the parks being at capacity by 10.30!

Might see you at brunch then...

I see your youngest is 3, is she potty trained yet? We are desperately trying to train our son at the moment, hoping that he can go to the kids club instead of the nusery. The problem is that boys are so different to girls, my daughter was fully trained by 3 and got the hang of it really quickly, whereas my son just doesn't seem too bothered.

You mentioned the free shuttle in San Juan. Where does it go from and to? Does the ship dock in a convenient place to explore the town? I'm not sure I like the sound of the cobbled streets, DS is always better when in the buggy otherwise he makes a dash for it....lol

Kids definitely have no concept of time, we have a countdown but I'm still not sure that my daughter gets it.

Alba
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #200
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Since my daughter's dance company does a Christmas ballet every year, we don't get the chance to go later in November or early December when I would love to go. We got to see the same Halloween decorations we see every year. Oh well.

My youngest is potty-trained. Both of my girls were easy. They kind of did it themselves. I'm not sure I could work with a boy. My nephew is a little younger than my daughter and he is just starting on the training. Boys just don't seem as concerned with the whole training thing.

If I remember correctly, the shuttle has multiple stops in the city and you just hop on and off. It's like a regular bus and it goes to most of the attraction areas. I know that we walked from one stop to the ship pretty easily. And the ship docks pretty much in the old city, so you can start your touring right away.

I think I'll probably get tired of saying "hold my hand" by the end of that day. My oldest still holds my hand all the time, but my youngest...that's a whole different story.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #201
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

Thank you so much for all the info on BBB!

Our 2.5 year old just pot trained herself, she just woke up one morning and decided she was done with diapers. Our older daughter took until she was over three before she was potty trained.

Needless to say we are hopeful she can go into the Club with her big sister .
WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #202
Wilderness Wendy
Earning My Ears

I made my reservations for Palo brunch & dinner and a massage! I'm so excited and finding it hard to wait 3 more months!

This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you send a PM? I can't seem to figure out how and I do want to join the FE group!

Wendy
Wilderness Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #203
Wilderness Wendy
Earning My Ears

Never mind, now I see how. Do you need a certain number of posts to send a PM?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #204
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderness Wendy View Post
Never mind, now I see how. Do you need a certain number of posts to send a PM?
I received your PM and have updated the F/E list!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #205
mjruane
Earning My Ears

Happy New Year!

Hello All and Happy New Year!

Now that the holidays are over, I'm in full blown cruise mode... YEAH! I'm also laughing because we too are from Marietta, GA. This is our 6th year of Spring Break cruising (5 Disney, 1 Carnival) and we always run into people we know from our area. We are very excited to be joining you all and look forward to meeting everyone!

Do we have a FE list cut-off date yet when people can no longer sign up? Just want to know when the list is going to be finalized so I know exactly how many gifts I'm going to need for everyone.

Thanks!
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #206
hoppin62
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjruane View Post
Hello All and Happy New Year!

Do we have a FE list cut-off date yet when people can no longer sign up? Just want to know when the list is going to be finalized so I know exactly how many gifts I'm going to need for everyone.

Thanks!
I was thinking the cut-off/close date for the FE list would be March 6... that would give plenty of time for participants to shop, make or order their gifts online.

I'm sure we may get some wanting to join after that date as they find their way to this website.... I think it's ok for them to join, just as long as they know they might not be getting gifts from all participants.

I need everyone's feedback on this......

1. Should we just close of the FE list on March 6 and finalize it?
~ or ~
2. Leave it open for people who arrive here late and want to participate, knowing they may not get gifts from everyone?

Thanks,
Sammy
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #207
mjruane
Earning My Ears

I vote for closing it on a certain date and making it final. That's how every other FE I've been involved in has done it. I think it's easier for everyone that way. I'm only wondering if we should close it before March 6? I think my other FEs closed 2 months before -- leaves plenty of time to figure out gifts for a set number of people. Just my opinion but I'll do whatever -- just happy to be a part of this!
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #208
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

I agree, let's have a closing date.
WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #209
Wilderness Wendy
Earning My Ears

I also agree with a closing date so I can get to making some FE gifts! I have a few ideas I can't wait to start on. On the last cruise I took we closed the FE list (6 weeks out I believe?) and the people who wanted to join after it closed started a new list. That is another option.

Wendy
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #210
disneywwjrb
Earning My Ears

Closing 4-6 weeks out sounds good to me, too.
disneywwjrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: