Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #91
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

OMG, YES! The lasagna from Tony's is the TERRIBLE!! Worst dining experience at Disney EVER!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Signing on!!

First, woo hoo for a jetta!!! Long ago before I became a mom of 2 (well before I became a mom of 3) I had a beautiful, adorable little white jetta! I LOVED that car!

UGH for not feeling well and the rain!

I have a picture of one of those tacky trees I think! A poinsettia tree with green and white plants? Like Spider Plants?! Yeah, I took a picture of it cause it thought it was odd! I like the plan poinsettia trees at MK much better!

Yuck! Your DH’s dinner at Tony’s sounds awful!!! What a terrible first meal! I hope you better dining experiences after that!

OMG! Your HM bride picture is crazy creepy!! Scary!!!

Oh no! I hope the boat came! DH and I did the carriage ride at FW last month! We loved it!
Welcome, thanks for joining!

I always wanted a Jetta! Apparently they are not very reliable though, and fixing VW's costs a lot of $$ so I got a nice, sensible Honda Civic instead. Jettas are so much cuter!

Being sick was annoying. If it was just the sniffles, I could have handled that, but it was my throat that was annoying me mostly, it would get so dry, and I'd have to keep popping cough drops, and the smell of cough drops just makes you feel like a sick person...ugh!

I think the poinsettia trees at Epcot were just red, but they were placed in such a weird spot, like they just threw them there because they didn't know how to decorate the area! I just expected more from Disney I guess, whenever I'd walk by them, I'd kind of scowl at them!

I'm surprised Tony's was so awful, it was our 2nd time there and the 1st time, we really liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Ahhhh man, your sickness was just getting worse and worse. Being sick is never fun, but being sick in Disney must really suck!
Yeah, it does suck. I kept thinking I would feel better the next day, but nope. 2 freakin weeks of sickness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I have no idea what the thing in the back of your throat is called either. One time when I was little one of my friend's sisters got a bit of pistachio shell stuck actually on that thing! And we had the hardest time telling people what the problem was, because no one was understanding where the shell was. We got it eventually though!

The MK all decorated for the holidays truly is just magical. I love that view down Main Street. How weird that you saw the MK meat lockers though!

I'm always trying to get a good non-flash picture of the bride, so I would have been excited to be stopped where you guys were for a good opportunity! But I can imagine that getting a bit creepy after, oh, 20 seconds!
OMG I can't imagine getting a pistachio shell stuck in your throat, that's awful! I hate when that thing gets swollen, it's so uncomfortable! It was like that for so long, I thought it would never go back to normal!

I love MK at Christmas! I mean, I love it at any time of year, but Christmas especially, it's perfect!

I was excited to stop in front of the bride at first too, just to get a picture! But it got scary after a while, I had to look away from her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
IDK why that happens! You feel like crap so you try to get some sleep and just end up making things worse! Happens to me all the time! I hate that!

The one and only time we're been to Tony's was in 2007. It was horrible! When I was making our ADR list for July I kept trying to convince myself to schedule dinner at Tony's so we wouldn't have to leave MK, but I just couldn't do it. Why bring my whole family to a place I hate, just for the sake of convenience?

your pics of the entryway and The Castle are gorgeous! I've never seen The Castle like in person but I can't bring myself to go again in December when October is just so much fun!

And yeah, I would have preferred Darth Vader too! I actually thought the Luke you got was Han Solo...bad choice of outfit there! I think I'm going to try and convince Lumar to go to Westfarms tomorrow so we can buy more Vinyls....I didn't want to start buying them because I knew I'd get addicted!
Usually if I don't feel good, if I sleep I will feel better, but there was just nothing I could do at that point, I just had to wait it out.

Why don't you do dinner at LTT? You won't have to leave MK, and the dinner is actually good there (although I prefer lunch, dinner is still really good)! There's also the Plaza, which I've heard good things about, although I think it's mostly sandwiches.

Haha, I like October too, but I prefer Disney at Christmas! Why, then, are we going in September this year and not December? I've been thinking that for a few days, but...I have those AP's and they expire in the beginning of October, which means we're going before then! Maybe I can talk Brandon into another quick Christmas trip this year! Yeah right!

I have no idea if that Vinyl is really Luke, I'm going to have to look that up! It's a strange outfit for him! Did you get my PM about Westfarms? Soooo annoying!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #93
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
OMG, YES! The lasagna from Tony's is the TERRIBLE!! Worst dining experience at Disney EVER!
Haha, when we were eating there, and Brandon was complaining about his lasagna, I thought of your TR and your bad experience at Tony's! Well, add us to the list of people never going back, I'm so done with that place! It's too bad, because it's SO cute, but there is no excuse for that lasagna being so awful, it seriously tasted like they dropped it in dirt and put it back on the plate!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #94
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love your window all lit up! It's so pretty and festive.

Yay! So glad you got to see the MK tree. When we went in November, I missed it too. I was so glad that it was still up on our January trip so that I could get the full effect.

Your Tony's experience scares me! We have an ADR there in February, and it's one of the ones that I am most worried about. I hear such mixed reviews, but it was the only place that seemed to work with our plans. I will definitely remember not to get the lasagna.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #95
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Think of Christmas, Think of Snow

What a great picture.It looks like your new camera is working out pretty good. Caitlin had the cheaper Lumix but she lost it about a week after we got home from the cruise. She managed to hold onto it for about 3 weeks I am determined to buy myself Canon Rebel next year but they are so freakin expensive. However with no vacations next year I might just do it.

If everything works out Caitin and I will be going the same weekend you did in 2013. Is it insanely busy? I don't want to pull her out of school too long so that only leaves the weekends, plus I want to go after the parade to see all of the decorations. I don't really mind crowds though since we grew up going during peak seasons. Although John won't be coming so I guess it won't really be an issue either way.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #96
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Wow, awesome shot of Main St. looking down at that gorgeous castle!! That is one of the best sights EVER in the history of anything I've ever looked at. I could probably stand at the train station and stare all night long

I'm so sorry your sickness was getting worse

Oh man, Tony's at least your chicken was good but poor Brandon! He should have sent it back but he was probably just annoyed.

Excited to hear about your sleigh ride!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #97
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Tony's is always hit and miss with us. We have eaten there twice and only once by choice. Second was necessity because our son was starving and we were not going to end up making it to our planned ADR on time

I get so sad hearing about your being sick I dislike being sick so much and dislike it even more when others are sick!

Your window still looks so awesome!!! :D
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 01-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #98
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Usually if I don't feel good, if I sleep I will feel better, but there was just nothing I could do at that point, I just had to wait it out.

Why don't you do dinner at LTT? You won't have to leave MK, and the dinner is actually good there (although I prefer lunch, dinner is still really good)! There's also the Plaza, which I've heard good things about, although I think it's mostly sandwiches.

Haha, I like October too, but I prefer Disney at Christmas! Why, then, are we going in September this year and not December? I've been thinking that for a few days, but...I have those AP's and they expire in the beginning of October, which means we're going before then! Maybe I can talk Brandon into another quick Christmas trip this year! Yeah right!

I have no idea if that Vinyl is really Luke, I'm going to have to look that up! It's a strange outfit for him! Did you get my PM about Westfarms? Soooo annoying!!!
Sleeping always seems to make things worse for me when I'm at the beginning of a cold. I don't know why!

We ate at LTT for dinner back in 2007 and it was good but I wasn't crazy enough about it to go back. And I LOVE The Plaza but Lumar is so-so about it. But we like Ohana and since we'll have a big group, we figured that would be fine since we can get right back to MK after we eat.

I heart October in WDW I wish we could go THIS October (I have a feeling that after spending the week with my siblings/cousins this July, I'm going to be in dire need of a bounce-back!) but I don't think we can swing that.

I'm thinking about calling The Disney Store this week to ask about whether or not they are still selling Vinylmations...I would hate it if they stopped but at the same time, that would be beneficial to my limited finances
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #99
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Oh yuck-- sorry Brandon's lasagna wasn't good!! I've heard such mixed things about Tony's, too. We were eh about our dinner at LTT and have zero interest in the other MK TS places, so like you, we'll probably stick with resort dining in the future when we're going to be at the MK at night. At least there's plenty of options!
Your pictures are beautiful-- you're right, Christmas and Disney is the most magical combination in the world!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #100
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I love your window all lit up! It's so pretty and festive.

Yay! So glad you got to see the MK tree. When we went in November, I missed it too. I was so glad that it was still up on our January trip so that I could get the full effect.

Your Tony's experience scares me! We have an ADR there in February, and it's one of the ones that I am most worried about. I hear such mixed reviews, but it was the only place that seemed to work with our plans. I will definitely remember not to get the lasagna.
Thanks!

The MK tree was really pretty, but I still like the Epcot tree better! Actually, I like the one near the American Adventure the best, it's just so red!

I liked Tony's on our Disneymoon, and I actually thought my chicken parm this time was good but it wasn't great, Mama Melrose is much better! I think you will be ok at Tony's just don't get the lasagna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
What a great picture.It looks like your new camera is working out pretty good. Caitlin had the cheaper Lumix but she lost it about a week after we got home from the cruise. She managed to hold onto it for about 3 weeks I am determined to buy myself Canon Rebel next year but they are so freakin expensive. However with no vacations next year I might just do it.

If everything works out Caitin and I will be going the same weekend you did in 2013. Is it insanely busy? I don't want to pull her out of school too long so that only leaves the weekends, plus I want to go after the parade to see all of the decorations. I don't really mind crowds though since we grew up going during peak seasons. Although John won't be coming so I guess it won't really be an issue either way.
I want a Canon Rebel too, but I wouldn't know how to use one. I want a real camera someday, but since I just bought that Lumix, I'll stick with that for now, I guess.

This weekend wasn't busy at all, I mean, the popular rides were, like you would expect them to be, but it wasn't crazy. The Candlelight Processional is ridiculous without the dinner package, and I'm not sure how the Christmas parties were since we didn't go, but the parks were fine. I'm surprised John isn't going to go. I'd like to go again in December when I'm not sick, that was obnoxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Wow, awesome shot of Main St. looking down at that gorgeous castle!! That is one of the best sights EVER in the history of anything I've ever looked at. I could probably stand at the train station and stare all night long

I'm so sorry your sickness was getting worse

Oh man, Tony's at least your chicken was good but poor Brandon! He should have sent it back but he was probably just annoyed.

Excited to hear about your sleigh ride!
Thank you! I love looking down Main Street at the castle with all the Christmas decorations! I don't know how I'm going to get through NOT going this year at Christmas!

I don't know why Brandon didn't send that lasagna back, I think at first he was trying to convince himself that he liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Tony's is always hit and miss with us. We have eaten there twice and only once by choice. Second was necessity because our son was starving and we were not going to end up making it to our planned ADR on time

I get so sad hearing about your being sick I dislike being sick so much and dislike it even more when others are sick!

Your window still looks so awesome!!! :D
I never really expected Tony's to be fantastic, but I certainly expect it to be edible at least! That lasagna is NOT!

Aww, thanks! Being sick is awful, I hate reading TR's where the person is sick, and now that person is me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Sleeping always seems to make things worse for me when I'm at the beginning of a cold. I don't know why!

We ate at LTT for dinner back in 2007 and it was good but I wasn't crazy enough about it to go back. And I LOVE The Plaza but Lumar is so-so about it. But we like Ohana and since we'll have a big group, we figured that would be fine since we can get right back to MK after we eat.

I heart October in WDW I wish we could go THIS October (I have a feeling that after spending the week with my siblings/cousins this July, I'm going to be in dire need of a bounce-back!) but I don't think we can swing that.

I'm thinking about calling The Disney Store this week to ask about whether or not they are still selling Vinylmations...I would hate it if they stopped but at the same time, that would be beneficial to my limited finances
LTT is ok for dinner, but I really like the lunch! I like that you can choose what you want instead of them just giving you a bunch of stuff! 'Ohana will be fun, though, I love that place!

I'm still having trouble deciding when to go or what to do...one long trip, 2 short trips...who knows? I need to make a decision though, because if we're going in May I need to buy flights!

I can't believe that about the Disney Store and the Vinyls...maybe they're not that popular outside of the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Oh yuck-- sorry Brandon's lasagna wasn't good!! I've heard such mixed things about Tony's, too. We were eh about our dinner at LTT and have zero interest in the other MK TS places, so like you, we'll probably stick with resort dining in the future when we're going to be at the MK at night. At least there's plenty of options!
Your pictures are beautiful-- you're right, Christmas and Disney is the most magical combination in the world!
Haha, yeah it was pretty awful! I like LTT for lunch much better than dinner! Maybe the new place in the Beast's castle will be good! MK has such limited TS options!

Thanks, I love Disney and Christmas, it's so beautiful!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #101
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Oh no on feeling rotten and not getting much sleep

The lights sure do look pretty in the dark

Lol I love your description of the obstacles you have to face on the way into the park! I have to agree that the CMs sure do have the patience of a saint to deal with all that!

Wow the MK Christmas tree looks soo festive...it must have been amazing to see that in person

Good call to stick with the chicken and ugh at the lasagne tasting horrible Oh no at being stuck on HM and in front of something so scary!

Looking forward to reading about the sleigh ride at FW!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #102
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Oh no on feeling rotten and not getting much sleep

The lights sure do look pretty in the dark

Lol I love your description of the obstacles you have to face on the way into the park! I have to agree that the CMs sure do have the patience of a saint to deal with all that!

Wow the MK Christmas tree looks soo festive...it must have been amazing to see that in person

Good call to stick with the chicken and ugh at the lasagne tasting horrible Oh no at being stuck on HM and in front of something so scary!

Looking forward to reading about the sleigh ride at FW!
Thanks, I loved my Mickey lights, it was so nice coming back to our room and seeing them lit up!

The MK tree is so pretty! Tony's was awful, I'll be staying away from there in the future!

I'm finally going to get to my sleigh ride update in a few minutes!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #103
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Sleigh Ride!!

Saturday 12/10

We arrived at the dock for the boat to Fort Wilderness around 9:30. Our sleigh ride was at 10:30 so I figured an hour was plenty of time to get over there. There was only one family in front of us, so I assumed a boat would be there in a few minutes. So we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Brandon started getting annoyed there there was NO boat coming. Boats came and went for the Wilderness Lodge. We watched the ferry go back and forth like 10 times. The Water Pagent floated by. But no FW boat. Brandon suggested we just go to the car and drive, but I said that would take too long. The whole waiting area was full of people by that time.

FINALLY a boat came! We all piled in and impatiently waited to get going and dock at FW. After a very quick boat ride, we got off the boat, and I heard music, and saw lots of people standing around...

Then I realized, you can see Wishes from the beach!

"You can see Wishes from this beach, let's watch!"

So I stopped to watch for a second and realized the fireworks were way off in the distance, it seems like they were miles behind MK from that angle!

It kind of bothered me that they were so far away so we just continued walking. We had no idea where to go, so we just followed everyone, they all seemed to be walking in the same direction!

There was a horse and carriage in front of us, so Brandon went up to them and asked where we get the sleigh ride, and she said right there! Well, that's lucky!

Brandon sat on a bench to wait for the carriages to come back, I guess they just left when we got there for the 10:00 ride, they were running a little behind schedule, so I walked around a little and looked at everything.

So pretty! I loved this tree!

Seems like we're in the right place!

The sleigh rides all came back at the same time and we were directed to our sleigh. Our driver was a guy, the only guy driver that I saw there, and I wish I remember his name, because he was SO nice, and told us so many stories! We hopped in, made ourselves comfortable, and went for our ride!

The driver told us our horse's name was John, and Brandon said "yeah, he looked familiar, we had him for the Haunted Carriage ride in October!" Strange that we got the same horse! The driver said he's very stubborn so he kind of lets him lead the way with the sleigh rides.

This is the only picture I got because we were moving, and they were coming out blurry:

The decorations were amazing! People have been coming for years and have their own personal sites and everything...it's crazy how detailed these campsites are! I wish I had more pictures for you, but if you do a search, I'm sure you can find some!

Our driver chatted with us the whole time, which was nice, because I thought if he was quiet it might have been awkward, but it wasn't at all, he was so sweet and knew so much about Disney! He said he was a performer in the parades years ago, but hurt his knees so they sent him over to FW to work with the horses and he's been there ever since! Sounds like an awesome job!

Once our ride was over, our driver offered to take a picture of us in front of the horse, so we said sure!

He took another one a little closer, but it's terrible, Brandon looks like he's going to claw my arm off, so that one will have to do! I loved the Holiday Sleigh Ride, it was a lot of fun, I can't believe we did both in one year! I can't believe I got to this ride in this TR first and I'm still not even on the day of the Haunted Carriage Ride in the other TR!

We walked back to the dock and there was a boat letting people on, and we saw the very last people getting on, so we started running! The person who was letting people on told us we made it, so we stopped running and got right on...that was close, I didn't want to be waiting for so long again!

When we got back to MK around 11, the Main Street Electrical Parade was going on again!! Ugh, no escape! I swear, that music makes me feel like I'm going insane!! (I am SO ready for Spectro to be back...maybe when the new Fantasyland is opening we can get some Spectro?) We walked up Main Street on the sidewalk as quickly as possible and tried to get to Tomorrowland, but Brandon wanted to stop first and use the bathroom, so I took a lovely picture of the castle:

Once Brandon came back, we went to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain FP's, and had a bit of a wait even with the FP's, but it was much, much shorter than the standby line, which seemed really long for that time of night! Space was fun as always, I wasn't in the back which made me happy, I can't stand being in the back of Space anymore!

I wanted to go to Adventureland when we were finished, and since there were no parades or fireworks left, we could actually just walk through the hub and not get caught in a mob of people! First, though, I had to stop and admire the castle a little more:

We went to Adventureland, went on Pirates, and then made our way back to Main Street. I didn't take any Adventureland pics, which is strange for me, since it's probably my favorite area in MK. I do remember being pretty tired at that point though, which is why we went to Main Street, I think we were getting ready to leave.

However, as we started walking, Brandon all the sudden said "what is that, I want one of those!"

I looked around, had no clue what he was talking about, and said "what?"

He said "some guy had a huge ice cream cookie sandwich, there was ice cream all over the plate, I want one!"

"Ohhhh, ok, I know what you're talking about, those are at the Main Street Bakery"

So we went in the Main Street Bakery, and surprisingly, there wasn't much of a line, and there were tables available! The ice cream cookie sandwich wasn't on the menu, but I assured him he could get it here, and to just ask for it, and within minutes, he had this amazing looking ice cream cookie thing!

I didn't get anything, I just shared with Brandon, and it was SO good! The cookie was so soft and the ice cream was so yummy, I was so tired at that point, but that snack revived me a little! Finally got to go to the Main Street bakery!

We finished up and headed out, but of course, I had to get one last picture of the tree...

and then one more picture of the entrance, without people this time!

We hopped on the tram, found our car and went back to Pop. I think we got back around 1am, and I was exhausted at that point! I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and go to sleep, I was hoping I'd feel better after a good night's sleep! Since we were kind of doing whatever on this trip, and didn't have plans for the days, just the night when we had our ADR's, we decided that night to go to Animal Kingdom the next morning!

Up next...Animal Kingdom, of course!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #104
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like MSEP! Everyone else I know seems to love it, but I don't like it and want Spectro back Then again, I have so many good memories of dancing with my coworkers during the parade... That's probably why.

Anyway, the sleigh ride sounds fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #105
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

YAY update!
Ya know, I'd never want to stay at Fort Wilderness because honestly all I've ever heard about the transportation there is that it's terrible. That would drive me crazy waiting every single time!

The sleigh ride looks so cute! How fun.

Mmmm the ice cream cookie looks GOOD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: