Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #46
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStamm View Post
Anyone successfully book this one-day add-on past April 2012? I read the headline on the Dis a few days ago that the tour would continue through Summer 2012. Tried the ABD phone number yesterday and they said I had to add it on through DVC since I was using points for my vacation. Called DVC today only to be told I had to book it through ABD and that they were only accepting reservations through April at this point, so to keep checking back .
I would check back with ABD. I don't think you have to go through DVC, since the information for the trip says it can be booked independently (not as a part of a Disneyland vacation). I spoke to ABD about it a week or so ago, and they told me it was very likely to be extended past April, and that the announcement would come mid-March. I'd try ABD again. Sounds like you got someone who didn't know what was going on, which surprises me.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
Mommb
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping to do this tour on a family trip to Southern California in June. I called ABD this morning, and they referred me to a special number for Lights, Camera, Magic. The CM I spoke with said that right now they are booking only through April, but that additional dates would be available soon, probably by the end of next week. She took my phone number and e-mail and said I would be contacted when the new dates were available.

When my husband suggested this, I was a bit spooked by the price with 4 of us, so I'm glad to see that those who have done it already really enjoyed it.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommb View Post
I'm hoping to do this tour on a family trip to Southern California in June. I called ABD this morning, and they referred me to a special number for Lights, Camera, Magic. The CM I spoke with said that right now they are booking only through April, but that additional dates would be available soon, probably by the end of next week. She took my phone number and e-mail and said I would be contacted when the new dates were available.

When my husband suggested this, I was a bit spooked by the price with 4 of us, so I'm glad to see that those who have done it already really enjoyed it.
If you are a major Disney lover its more than worth the $$...with all the little extras, snacks, lunch and the evening "meal" that counts for some of the $$ too....hope they extend the dates so you get to go!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #49
ChipandMe
Earning My Ears

Has anyone been able to book this past April 20th? I just called and they told me that they are April 20th is the last day that they have available at this time.
ChipandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #50
dcannon101
Mouseketeer

Just booked this for April 27th so they have opened up the booking. They have also changed the itinerary slightly. Lunch is now at the Farmer's Market and the reception is at the Studios.
dcannon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
Bilbo UK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannon101 View Post
Just booked this for April 27th so they have opened up the booking. They have also changed the itinerary slightly. Lunch is now at the Farmer's Market and the reception is at the Studios.
Thanks for the information I have just called and also booked April 27th, see you there!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #52
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo UK View Post
Thanks for the information I have just called and also booked April 27th, see you there!
we'll see you both there...also booked the 27th!!!! Question for you, I was told about the itinerary change but my email confirmation still shows the previous itinerary...does yours show the revised itinerary????

BTW...just realized that we will be sailing with both of you to Hawaii!!!!! It will be nice to meet some some fellow Dis'ers before the cruise!!!

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite

Last edited by Mickey&JoshNut; 03-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #53
javadog70
Earning My Ears

I called this morning and booked the 13th of July.. so they have opened up the summer.
javadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #54
dcannon101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
we'll see you both there...also booked the 27th!!!! Question for you, I was told about the itinerary change but my email confirmation still shows the previous itinerary...does yours show the revised itinerary????

BTW...just realized that we will be sailing with both of you to Hawaii!!!!! It will be nice to meet some some fellow Dis'ers before the cruise!!!
I did not receive an email confirmation but I did get a confirmation number.

I wonder if any others will join us on this tour. When are you arriving and where are you staying?
dcannon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #55
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I would love to take this 1-day tour! I'm hoping to get accepted into the Professional Internship program and move to the L.A. area and take this tour (I interviewed for the Adventures by Disney internship last month).

I wish I had been able to arrange this tour when I was down in L.A. the week of Jan 15th (my son surprised me with a last minute trip to visit him that week). Does anyone have any TR they could share or refer me to so that I can see pics and read all about this fun adventure? Thanks!

Debbie

P.S. I'm so excited for all of you who are going soon!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #56
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I would love to take this 1-day tour! I'm hoping to get accepted into the Professional Internship program and move to the L.A. area and take this tour (I interviewed for the Adventures by Disney internship last month).

I wish I had been able to arrange this tour when I was down in L.A. the week of Jan 15th (my son surprised me with a last minute trip to visit him that week). Does anyone have any TR they could share or refer me to so that I can see pics and read all about this fun adventure? Thanks!

Debbie

P.S. I'm so excited for all of you who are going soon!
we just went on it over Pres Day weekend....it in my TR listed below in my siggie (FEB DLR TR starting on pg 45!) ...be aware though I've posted what little treats and surprises we got along the way!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #57
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Quote:
I did not receive an email confirmation but I did get a confirmation number.

I wonder if any others will join us on this tour. When are you arriving and where are you staying?
We arrive on April 24 and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #58
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we just went on it over Pres Day weekend....it in my TR listed below in my siggie (FEB DLR TR starting on pg 45!) ...be aware though I've posted what little treats and surprises we got along the way!

Thanks! I'm off to read it now

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #59
lornak
DIS Veteran

Just called today to find out about Aug 21...date was available. They told me they have made changes to the itinerary. Wasn't sure if everyone knew that? The trip to Malibu has been taken off. Lunch is now at the Farmers Market. From the reports I've read it sounds like this might be a good change??? Really looking forward to experiencing it!!
lornak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #60
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornak View Post
Just called today to find out about Aug 21...date was available. They told me they have made changes to the itinerary. Wasn't sure if everyone knew that? The trip to Malibu has been taken off. Lunch is now at the Farmers Market. From the reports I've read it sounds like this might be a good change??? Really looking forward to experiencing it!!
I know the trip to Malibu and back added hours of travel time to the trip. I assume that's why they changed that. And the Farmer's Market is a really cool place, so I assume that since they changed Dinner to the Studios, they changed lunch to something cool & different. But that's just a guess on my part.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: