Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

Here's a little Pixie Dust for everyone interested in the Lights, Camera, Magic Tour......the dates have officially been extended through April 20. The tours were only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays but Fridays have now been added. I just booked our trip for Friday, March 23, and we are so excited!! Hoping to hear from others that might be joining us on this Disney adventure!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse13 View Post
Here's a little Pixie Dust for everyone interested in the Lights, Camera, Magic Tour......the dates have officially been extended through April 20. The tours were only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays but Fridays have now been added. I just booked our trip for Friday, March 23, and we are so excited!! Hoping to hear from others that might be joining us on this Disney adventure!
Darn it! I need it extended through May 12!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
enjoy! we go on it Friday 2/17 and I booked back in Nov, so Fridays were available before this. happy to hear the dates are getting extended for other to join in on the fun!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
enjoy! we go on it Friday 2/17 and I booked back in Nov, so Fridays were available before this. happy to hear the dates are getting extended for other to join in on the fun!
I would love to hear about your experiences on the tour after you get back! And thanks for clearing up my confusion about Fridays.

I was trying to reschedule some of our other trip plans so we could do the tour on Friday but just couldn't get everything to fall into place like I wanted, so we've rescheduled our tour for Tuesday, March 20. I sure hope that they get enough folks signed up so that they don't have to cancel and try to regroup us.

Have a great time on your trip and tour!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
mommy2mrb

Quote:
I would love to hear about your experiences on the tour after you get back! And thanks for clearing up my confusion about Fridays.

I was trying to reschedule some of our other trip plans so we could do the tour on Friday but just couldn't get everything to fall into place like I wanted, so we've rescheduled our tour for Tuesday, March 20. I sure hope that they get enough folks signed up so that they don't have to cancel and try to regroup us.

Have a great time on your trip and tour!
Not a problem on the days.....Friday worked best for us since we fly in on Thursday and leave on Tuesday!
can't wait to experience this and surprise my DD with it! will definately post when we get back!
enjoy your trip and tour too!!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
HGLightlyj
Mouseketeer

Leaving Monday 2/13 for DL trip. I'm on the fence with reserving this day trip. Wish we had a report of how it compares with the full BS trip. TIA
HGLightlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGLightlyj View Post
Leaving Monday 2/13 for DL trip. I'm on the fence with reserving this day trip. Wish we had a report of how it compares with the full BS trip. TIA
have you read any of the the posts about just this part of the tour compared to the full tour? I saw one and they said it was a great tour! forgot the exact person, but was listed under the ABD forum threads!

I am totally excited about going on this tour on the 17th

Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
LisaTex
Mouseketeer

Hey guys. I went on the 1 dy trip 2 weeks ago and the Backstage Magic a year ago. My full trip report is almost finished but i will give a quick run down here real quick. 1st stop - Disney studios. we checked out the theatre, the "morgue" the music studio, took pics in front of the team Disney building, had lunch in the commissary and shopped in the CM store. we were supposed to have gone in the archives, but it wasn't open that day. differences from BSM - def. went in the archives for a while o/w not very different.

next - Hollywood - about 20 minutes to check out the Blvd.,Kodak theatre tour (which was actually pretty good) will be something different if you are taking the tour between now and the Oscars - no tours during this time. quick stop at the Disney Soda shop and then on to the bus. differences - of course we stayed at the hotel at Highland so lots of time to check it all out and we had a tour of the El Capitan.

bus tour through Hollywood, Beverly Hills - nice narration from our bus driver with old HW history and stories.(exact same as BSM)

20 -30 min stop on Rodeo Dr. (not on ABD )-

drive to Malibu for casual cocktails and apps. beautiful sunset! not on BSM

then back to DL by 7:30- 8:00PM (lots of traffic that Friday)

overall - well worth it - different enough if you have been on the BSM - if you really want to check out Hollywood Blvd - Grahman's, etc - very little time on this tour. tour guides are great as always (one was the same from BSM) tons of info and stories. BTW - the new D23 tour in DL sounds like it's almost an exact day of the BSM and Soooo worth it!!!

full report with pics to come - taking a while as i am happily busy getting ready for our S Africa ABD next week - will report on that as well.

happy to answer any questions!!!

LisaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Lisa, that sounds great! Since I've never been on BSM, I'm thinking this would be fabulous for me (if they only extend it into May!!!) Thanks for the mini-review.

Have a fabulous time in South Africa! Looking forward to that trip report, also!

Sayhello
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #25
mommy2mrb

thanks for the report on the tour! looks like we will miss seeing the Kodak but sure they will sub with something else! really looking forward most to being at the studios....we used to live in S. CA so been to Hollywood a few times.

have a great time on your next adventure to South Africa!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
thanks for the report on the tour! looks like we will miss seeing the Kodak but sure they will sub with something else! really looking forward most to being at the studios....we used to live in S. CA so been to Hollywood a few times.

The original announcement for the 1-day tour said this:

Quote:
Kodak Theatre or Grauman's Chinese Theater (based on tour date)
Visit Kodak Theatre, the home of the Academy Awards, OR Grauman's Chinese Theatre, best known for its extensive collection of celebrity footprints and handprints. Both are located on vibrant Hollywood Boulevard.
So I'm assuming if you don't do the Kodak Theater, you'll be doing Grauman's Chinese Theater, which is also very cool!

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/spec...FY11Q4FBDM0175

Sayhello
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTex View Post
Hey guys. I went on the 1 dy trip 2 weeks ago and the Backstage Magic a year ago. My full trip report is almost finished but i will give a quick run down here real quick. 1st stop - Disney studios. we checked out the theatre, the "morgue" the music studio, took pics in front of the team Disney building, had lunch in the commissary and shopped in the CM store. we were supposed to have gone in the archives, but it wasn't open that day. differences from BSM - def. went in the archives for a while o/w not very different.

next - Hollywood - about 20 minutes to check out the Blvd.,Kodak theatre tour (which was actually pretty good) will be something different if you are taking the tour between now and the Oscars - no tours during this time. quick stop at the Disney Soda shop and then on to the bus. differences - of course we stayed at the hotel at Highland so lots of time to check it all out and we had a tour of the El Capitan.

bus tour through Hollywood, Beverly Hills - nice narration from our bus driver with old HW history and stories.(exact same as BSM)

overall - well worth it - different enough if you have been on the BSM - if you really want to check out Hollywood Blvd - Grahman's, etc - very little time on this tour. tour guides are great as always (one was the same from BSM) tons of info and stories. BTW - the new D23 tour in DL sounds like it's almost an exact day of the BSM and Soooo worth it!!!

full report with pics to come - taking a while as i am happily busy getting ready for our S Africa ABD next week - will report on that as well.

Would you say it was enough of Hollywood to for someone who's never been to Hwood before? I'm wondering if we should allot another Hollywood day in addition to this, or if the tour will suffice. I guess the question should be...do you feel there is anything left out that you would absolutely not want a first-timer to miss?

We'll likely be traveling Saturday to Saturday in July, with the majority of the trip in Disneyland. I'm thinking either:
Stay in Hollywood Saturday night, tour Hwood on our own Sunday, arrive at Disneyland Sunday evening, ABD tour Tues, Thurs, or Fri
-OR-
Allot Tues, Thurs, or Fri for ABD and if it ends up not being extended, take that day to tour Hollywood on our own

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #28
HGLightlyj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTex View Post

Thanks for the report. Helps make my decision. First time to the LA area so want to see a little more of LA/Hollywood. Anaheim Visitor Center has several tours for smaller groups to LA so I think I'll go this way.
HGLightlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
LisaTex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Lisa, that sounds great! Since I've never been on BSM, I'm thinking this would be fabulous for me (if they only extend it into May!!!) Thanks for the mini-review.

Have a fabulous time in South Africa! Looking forward to that trip report, also!

Sayhello
It is a great tour if you just have a day and don't care to see much in depth of Hollywood itself. Def. put BSM on your to do list someday!

Quote:

it's just really cool to be at the studios and listen to the history while you walk by - just picturing Walt in his office when we strolled by it was worth it it's not a very active studios though - the only thing that was currently filming was that show with Dana Delaney ( can't remember the name).
if it is Grahman's - we went on a non ABD tour of it the day before our BSM and it was very interesting! (then we saw Yogi bear in it - not so great

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherbySwann View Post
Would you say it was enough of Hollywood to for someone who's never been to Hwood before? I'm wondering if we should allot another Hollywood day in addition to this, or if the tour will suffice. I guess the question should be...do you feel there is anything left out that you would absolutely not want a first-timer to miss?

We'll likely be traveling Saturday to Saturday in July, with the majority of the trip in Disneyland. I'm thinking either:
Stay in Hollywood Saturday night, tour Hwood on our own Sunday, arrive at Disneyland Sunday evening, ABD tour Tues, Thurs, or Fri
-OR-
Allot Tues, Thurs, or Fri for ABD and if it ends up not being extended, take that day to tour Hollywood on our own

Any thoughts are appreciated!
well, we spent a whole day the day before the ABD just wandering and looking and checking out Grahman's, picking out our favorite stars on the walk, hanging out at the Roosevelt Hotel etc. I def. think there would be enough to do for a Sat. night - Sunday afternoon. There was literally 20- 30 minutes only on our 1 dy tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGLightlyj View Post
Thanks for the report. Helps make my decision. First time to the LA area so want to see a little more of LA/Hollywood. Anaheim Visitor Center has several tours for smaller groups to LA so I think I'll go this way.
Yes I heard there are really a lot of good tours to take!

LisaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hoping you have a fabulous time on your tour! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: